Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
You Already Know How This Ends; can't you damn kids see this is private
Topic Started: Jun 25 2011, 12:13 AM (2,330 Views)
Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Maxwell Lombardi continued in Into The Jaws of Hell))

...Well well, look who it is?

Admittedly, Maxwell partially expected to bump into Mizore's other guardian shortly after he'd dealt with the first. It wasn't as though it was an unlikely prospect or anything, seeing as the two of them seemed to be such close companions last time they met.

But, nevertheless, Maxwell was still quite surprised when he stared over of a rocky outcrop onto a pathway twelve or so feet below his own to find his dark skinned enemy standing there with that same exquisite sword in his possession. He hadn't spotted the young Brit just yet. Good, Maxwell always preferred it when HE was the one making the ambush, rather than finding himself on the receiving end of one.

Only question now was how he should go about it. Hmm, I could always just pop around the corner and shoot him in the head. Quick, simple, and pragmatic.

Although... I have to admit, shooting a guy armed only with a sword sounds a bit too unsporting to be any fun. Sure, I've done that tons of times in the past, but now that I happen to have this very nice yatagan it'd be a shame to waste such a perfect opportunity to finally make good use of my swordsmanship skills. This fellow doesn't seem like the kind of man who knows how to wield a sword properly, but regardless he should pose a good enough challenge to make this interesting. Yes, I like the sound of that...

With a cruel smirk on his face, Maxwell put his guns away and unsheathed his Turkish sword, it's blade glinting in the sunlight as he stood up and called down to the boy beneath him.

"Good weather we've been having, wouldn't you say?"

The boy turned to face him, Maxwell smiling smugly as he pointed his sword down in his opponent's direction.

"In case you're wondering why your partner's taking so long, I'm afraid its because I've sent him on a little trip off the edge of the cliff. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll be meeting him soon enough."

On that note, Maxwell slid down the side of the mountain onto the road below him, standing several meters away from his dangerous adversary. Whilst Maxwell was more than a little confident in his ability, the fact still remained that the boy before him was more than a little dangerous. Plus, there was always the off-chance that he happened to be a skilled swordsman himself, not that Maxwell believed that his skills outmatched his own. Either way, the fact remained that he had to be careful. One wrong move and he could very easily find himself with a sword's blade embedded in his lungs.

"Then again, who knows. Maybe you'll get the chance to avenge your fallen comrade or some bullshit like that. I don't really care either way, just as long as you prove to be an entertaining challenge."

There was an especially sadistic glint in Maxwell's eye as he raised his sword and motioned his adversary to make his move, almost as he was enjoying this entire endeavor.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Charge."

Julian was more than happy to oblige.

Maxwell immediately dived to the left as Julian made his first swing, the young Brit returning with a quick counter-attack which the other boy only barely managed to get out of the way in time. Following this, Julian made a series of his own strikes against Maxwell, each of which he managed to parry with varying degrees of success. However, his attacks showed obvious signs of an untrained swordsman, and soon enough Maxwell found the opportune moment to lunge forward to catch his opponent off-guard. However, Julian managed to block Maxwell's otherwise skillful attack, their two swords making a distinctive noise as they clashed against one another.

They circled one another for a moment, watching each other with eager and fiery eyes. Maxwell's in particular showed all the signs of someone who was enjoying this conflict far more than any human really should be, a wide and malicious smile on his lips as he tried to figure out when was the best time to make his strike.

An idea suddenly came up, one which he acted upon almost immediately. He made a feint to his left, only the then swing his sword to the right, swinging right at Julian's waistline. The other boy jumped back, bringing his sword up to block the next attack Maxwell made before going on the offensive again. Eventually, after having their weapons clash against one another for the next couple of minutes or so, the two found themselves in a deadlock as their swords pressed against one another. Each boy looked each other in the eye as they attempted to overpower the other, sweat running freely down their heads as they tried desperately to disarm their opponent.

It was at this point that something happened which Maxwell hadn't taken into account. Something which, whilst he wouldn't realize at the time, would end up turning this entire fight into one of the worst mistakes he'd ever made in his entire life.
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maxwell at first wasn't entirely sure what exactly had happened. All he knew was that something had hit him in the lower back, something which was causing him to be in more pain than he could have ever possibly imagined. And whatever it was, it had packed enough of a punch to send him doubling over, knocking Julian onto his back in the process like a series of dominoes.

As he clutched the spot where he had been hit with his hand, his face twisting in horror as he felt blood pouring from the open wound, there was only one terrifying conclusion which Maxwell could come to.

He'd been shot.

Somebody had ACTUALLY shot him! Not grazed his arm or something like that, but genuinely fucking shot him in the back!

And naturally, Maxwell was NOT pleased about that.

Who the fuck did this... Who the FUCK just shot me! Son of a bitch, I'll tear his fucking face off!!!

He turned around, his eyes aflame in sheer rage, to find none other than a black-haired girl with a gun staring at him with a self-satisfied expression on her admittedly pretty face. A face which Maxwell recognized almost immediatly...

...YOU!

Alice Boucher. The French bitch who had stolen what was supposed to be HIS best kill award.

He remembered how she had come in at the last second, shooting wildly at him whilst yelling something in that idiotic excuse for a foreign language. That time, she had only grazed his arm, but even so she had still managed to colossally piss him off the next morning when it turned out that immediately afterwards she killed Sarah herself and took all the glory for her smug little self. So the fact that she'd now just fucking SHOT him was just the chocolate icing on the cake of hatred she had already prepared herself the moment she stole what was supposed to be his.

Fucking BITCH! You think this is funny, do you? Think you can just take me down THAT easily, you fucking whore?!? Well, it seems you've made one fucking mistake... You're not the only one with a gun here.

A with a hateful look on his face, Maxwell dropped his sword and quickly grabbed George's handgun and aimed it at the French harlot, pulling the trigger three times in a row. Whilst two of them missed, the first one hit her squarely in the shoulder blade, sending the thoroughly shocked Frenchwoman onto her back as she recoiled in sheer agony.

Seeing that at the very least put a weak smile on Maxwell's lips, one which quickly turned into an expression of agony as he remembered the vicious injury he had just received. Was this wound actually fatal?!? Maxwell hadn't the slightest clue whatsoever, but at a guess he didn't feel as though it had hit anything particularly vital. His kidney, maybe? Either way, the fact remained that it still hurt like a motherfucker, and unless he dealt with this mess quickly there was a very likely chance of him winding up with a nasty infection.

Fucking slut... Well, at least I know SHE won't be any trouble anytime soon. Now I just need to deal with the nigger and I'll be all-ARGH, FUCK!!!

The moment Maxwell turned around to face his supposedly fallen opponent, he caught something out the corner of his eye and only barely managed to move out the way in time to avoid Julian's sword from slicing his face in half. However, he hadn't quite gotten out of the way in time to COMPLETELY avoid the blade, which slashed him across the right side of his face across the eye and the side of his lips.

Half blinded and in a state of absolute agony, even Maxwell could tell when running was the best option to ensure his survival, and after firing off a couple of wild shots in Julian's direction wasted no time in stumbling as fast as he could in the opposite direction. Down the mountain pathway, leaving the two injured students to themselves as he left a thin trail on blood behind him.

Little did he realise that his next stop would also be his last.

((Maxwell Lombardi continued in Retribution))
Edited by Fiori, Jul 2 2011, 07:43 AM.
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply