Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Confiscate the Crown; [Day 10- Private]
Topic Started: Jun 24 2011, 11:49 AM (3,558 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Mary-Ann Warren continued from Everyday is Like Sunday))

Mary-Ann followed after Thea in the thick forest. She sighed and wiped her forehead of sweat. She moved her tongue around her mouth.

Thirsty, she thought sadly.

Sometime while they'd been walking they'd heard the announcement of escape. Thea didn't want to risk checking it out.

It would be just like Danya to raise their hopes just to dash them. It seemed she'd made the right call because not a day later they were all dead. All of them.

Mary-Ann chewed on her cheek. There had to be less than a quarter of the class left. It still baffled her that she'd made it this long. Now she was starting to have second thoughts about finding Hayley. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to go looking for a killer many times over. However, Thea was inconsolable and her thirst for revenge insatiable. Her anger was torrefied into a bright, strong blaze that Mary-Ann didn't think she'd have any chance reasoning with.

So she followed. She tagged along. She was so afraid of what would happen if they found Hayley. Well, speak of the devil and he will appear. Just as Mary-Ann had the thought about Hayley, they'd found her.

Mary-Ann gripped her gun tightly. They followed quietly. They slinked behind them softly, so softly until Thea launched at Hayley. In the fray, Hayley'd lost her gun. Mary-Ann kept the gun trained the girls, but knew she'd never shoot.

"Thea..."
things
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sickening crunch. A light splatter of blood. Hayley scraped and struggled and eventually came back at Thea by sinking her teeth into Thea's exposed wrist. It was a devastating location. It was home to some important veins and Mary-Ann remembered her father telling her how easy it was to break a wrist.

Mary-Ann felt queasy. This wasn't something she could do. She closed her eyes and started to sob. She shook her head and stared at them through her watery haze.

"Stop it. Stop doing this," she mumbled.

Thea deserved her revenge. She did and Mary-Ann knew it, but she just couldn't stomach to watch this. She couldn't watch Thea and Hayley rip each other limb from limb like animals.

"Stop it, please!" she begged.

In her desperation she accidentally squeezed the trigger. Mary-Ann squeeked and stood perfectly still with all hair on ends in shock.

"Sorry."
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I was-" she blurted out.

And then there was a noise. Mary-Ann turned her head away and shut her eyes tight by reflex when she heard it. It took a moment for her to realize she was holding her breath. Her head snapped back around and she looked at Hayley. The girl looked triumphant. Elated. Her eyes told the whole story of what she'd done. She looked at the girl and then hefted the gone up at her.

Thea! Mary-Ann looked down at the spot they'd been tussling. There was blood, but no girl. Had she wandered off? Based on the amount of blood on the ground the girl was a goner. It was surprising that she'd managed to move at all. Mary-Ann wasn't going to risk having a nice long look around to figure out where she'd gone.

She had her gun aimed at Hayley and Hayley had her gun as well. It was a stand-off.

"I-I'm not a-afraid of you," she choked out.

Mary-Ann swallowed and heart her heart beat loud. She could have sworn she felt her teeth buzzing too.

"I'll do it," she said quietly. "I will."

R.J. had taught her how. He had her try without the bullets. Squeeze the trigger.

I can't.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mary-Ann felt faint. She looked at the other girl, Hayley. She pulled out a gun and pointed it at her. She was insane. She was a killer. If there was anyone on the entire island that she could kill and no one would find fault with her, it would be this girl.

She whimpered. The gun shook and rattled slightly in her hands.

No.

Hayley pulled the trigger and that same hollow click that Mary-Ann had heard when RJ was teaching her to use the gun sounded now. It was shallow and unsatisfying to the holder.

Hayley laughed. She was laughing at her. Marry-Ann wasn't even something to be taken seriously. She'd gotten lucky, get again. Mary-Ann stood perfectly still, mouth open, staring at Hayley's gun. The other girl collapsed right in front of her, laughing still.

She stared at her. She could shoot her. She could do it right now and no one would blame her and no one would know. The girl was a murderer many times over. But Mary-Ann bit her lip and lowered the gun. She couldn't shoot an unconscious girl, no matter how much she deserved it.

And then it came at her. It rushed her; flooded her so intensely. She was angry. Maybe she'd never been so angry in her whole life. All the other times, all the other people she'd been angry before now seemed to pale in comparison. Her fingertips filled up with it and she could feel in her eyes when she squeezed them shut. Mary-Ann held onto her gun so hard that the impression of the metallic parts was becoming a pattern on her skin.

Mary-Ann took the gun and swung it at a tree, chipping off the bark. She attacked the tree over and over, using the gun as her bludgeoning tool. Somewhere in her unnecessary attack she began to cry. She could feel the hot tears on her face, but did not stop. She stood straight up again and held her gun, arms locked and fired a bullet into the tree. She'd wasted a bullet.

Breathing hard, she collapsed into a ball on the floor. Mary-Ann held her head in her hands, pulling her hair slightly and screamed. She looked down at the forest floor through her hair and tears.

"I can't even shoot someone. She looked at me like I wasn't even worth the time it would take to cut my throat. Am I so worthless? I can't even protect myself. It should never have been me. I shouldn't have been the one to survive. I don't have what it takes to make it out. Why can't I do ANYTHING? Anything right."

She looked over at the girl, breathing steady and lying still.

"I can't shoot her. I'm not even strong enough to shoot a girl who's out cold."

She thought of RJ again. Would he even want her to take a shot at a collapsed girl? She didn't think he would.

Mary-Ann sighed deep. She rubbed her eyes and looked down at the other girl.

"Lucky..." she echoed back at her.

((Mary-Ann Warren continued in This Side of Paradise ))
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply