Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Paint it Black; Private
Topic Started: Jun 11 2011, 04:03 PM (2,372 Views)
Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((George Leidman continued from The Cavalry Arrives))

George hadn't stopped walking since hed left the beach. He wasnt going anywhere particularly, just walking and hoping that a miracle would occur, allowing him to leave the island in some other way. A magical teleport or some old ruins that lead directly to the mainland. Yeah, that was likely. George hadn't even considered going back to the swamp in order to pick up the stuff hed dumped there. It brought back painful memories. So he was currently walking, unknowingly, in circles, in one of the forests.

At some point, the daily announcement had played. Despite his current feelings, George was intrigued to hear not Danya's by now familiar voice, but a different one, announcing himself as Greynolds. The announcement was pretty standard fare, until the very end. The rescue attempt was on there. So, it failed? I... man. That's... Jesus Christ.

George really had no idea what to think of this. On the one hand, he was, in a way, glad he didn't get a chance to go on the boat, if it cost him his life. On the other, all the students who almost escaped were dead. How must they have felt on that boat? Grateful beyond belief at this minor miracle? Thinking they were going to get away? And then, just as escape is within reach, they get killed. Poor bastards.

Without really meaning to, George laughed bitterly. "What a change of heart, eh?" he said to himself. "A few days ago you were willing to beat someone to death with a chair, and now you're concerned about a bunch of kids who've gone missing?"

Walking further along, George noticed something in a small clearing. It looked kind of like a shelter, albeit a hastily and poorly built one. George wondered if the maker of it was still around. Poorly built or not, a shelter was a shelter, and currently, George just wanted to sleep and forget about the rescue attempt. As he got closer, however, he could see that someone was indeed in front of it, looking through his bag. The other guy was looking away from him, but George could instantly tell who it was.

Maxwell Lombardi. Murderer of eleven.

Images flooded George's mind. Duncan McMahon, getting shot in front of him. Maxwell himself, holding the gun. George swearing to get his revenge on Maxwell.

All previous emotions were replaced with anger and hatred, but George knew he had to stay composed. Removing Tim's pistol from his pocket, George crept up to Maxwell, before pressing the barrel of the gun to the back of Maxwell's head.

"Maxwell Lombardi. So glad to see you again."
V7 BAYBEE
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky
Current Thread: The Glorious Evolution - "Sorry, that was a little weird, wasn’t it?"
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one
Current Thread: V for Vend-etta - "Fuck off. Are you kidding me?"
FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((OOC: Minor GMing approved by Fioriboy))

George wasn't surprised in the slightest to hear that Maxwell didn't have a damn clue who he was. To be fair, George doubted he'd be able to recognize someone if he couldn't see them, but he'd spoken just then and Max had heard his voice before. George was tempted to shoot Maxwell there and then, but somehow, it didn't feel right. No doubt Maxwell had extended the time it took to kill his many victims, and he definitely deserved a taste of his own medicine.

George quickly launched into his speech. The more he spoke, the more confident, determined, and, most importantly, angry he got. All the people Maxwell had killed on the island, everything he'd done... he deserved everything he got.

George paused for a moment, giving Maxwell a chance to think over what he'd just said, before launching into the second part of his speech. At this, George could sort of sense Maxwell was getting a better idea of who he was, and why he was here. This feeling was confirmed by his reply. Never mind the fact he's insulting me, at least he knows who I am.

"Yeah, that's me. I-" George started speaking, but Max wasn't finished. Now, the conversation, if you could call it that, had turned to Maria. The way he spoke, the way he emphasised certain words, George knew what he was trying to say. And this just made him hate Maxwell Lombardi even more.

Not wanting him to say anything else, George started speaking as soon as Maxwell paused. "Shut up. Shut the fuck up. Turn and fucking face me." George wasnt sure if he'd comply, but the English boy, after a moment of hesitation, turned round, so the gun was now pointing at his forehead. He still had that cocky, smug smile on his face though, even when he started talking. "You might be interested to know that this hasn't been the first I've found myself in a sticky situation such as this..." George didn't doubt it in the slightest, but he ignored him. At that moment, George wanted to do nothing else except wipe Max's smile off of his face. He tilted his head slightly, before speaking again, anger audible in every syllable.

"I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't kill anyone, but in your case, I'll make an exception." If anything, this made Lombardi look even more smug and cocky, and after a few seconds, he responded.

"Well, you haven't been doing a terribly good job at keeping that promise so far, have you?"

At this, George's attempt at staying calm was destroyed completely. "You don't know what fucking happened! You havent spent the last two days worrying about your actions, have you?! Of course not, because you're Maxwell fucking Lombardi, the guy who kills his classmates for fun!" By now, George was shouting at Maxwell, despite the two only being a couple of feet apart. He knew that this was perfect ammunition for Max to taunt him some more, but he needed to say that.

Taking a few deep breaths in a futile attempt at calming down, George spoke again, still angry, but with his voice at normal volume. "Like I said. I'm not killing anyone. Except for you."
V7 BAYBEE
Current Thread: The Glorious Evolution - "Sorry, that was a little weird, wasn’t it?"
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one
FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was strange, really. Strange how only a few minutes ago, George had almost completely given up, and now he was desperately fighting to save himself. Had he been in a different place, he might have admired fates sense of irony. But, of course, George wasn't elsewhere. He was currently lying on the ground, bleeding, and in more pain than he had ever imagined possible.

That was another strange thing. Looking back, George really hadn't been hurt too badly. Emotionally, sure, but physically? Compared to Maxwell, George was in pristine condition. And yet he was the one on the ground, bleeding out, and Maxwell was the one still standing. Why was this? Had George just given up all hope, and let himself die?

If so, then why was he currently crawling towards his bag, towards Dustin's sword? Every movement brought new waves of pain, but still he crawled on.

Because God-fucking-damn it, George was determined to live.

Again, fate's sense of irony raised its ugly head. The fact that only when George was close to death would he know what he had to do. He had to live, no matter how hard it was. Even if the memories of what had happened on the island haunted him forever, he still had to live, because he didn't regret anything.

Even as Maxwell strode over to George, even in his current state, he struggled and fought as hard as he could, for that one thought.

Even in the last few seconds of his life, that thought remained with him.

He didn't regret anything.

B130-GEORGE LEIDMAN: DECEASED
V7 BAYBEE
FOLDER OF DESTINY

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply