Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deep Warm Drunk; (Day 9) Private~
Topic Started: Jun 6 2011, 01:40 AM (1,984 Views)
ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Fiona Sparki continued from I Am Jack's Inflamed Sense of Rejection]))

It had happened so suddenly, really. She was just walking down the path, minding her own business, when a familiar feeling seemed to be shouting at her from her bladder. Yes, she had to pee, and she had to pee rather badly. Fiona had held her urine for awhile, hoping to wait out for a bathroom or something, but none had ever really come into view and... Fuck. She was just trying to follow her two new friends. She didn't want to embarrass them by asking them to wait while she relieved herself in the bushes, so...

"Whoa! What was that?!" Fiona remembered shouting, chucking her axe into the nearby woods. "Hey, you guys go ahead, I'll catch up with you! Axe totally.. left my hands and, uh, yeah. Just.. Go ahead. Don't mind me! I'll be right there!"

So Fiona went off to relieve herself behind a bush while Jeremy and Garrett trotted off into the distance. She seriously didn't think she would take longer than, like, three seconds, but at the sudden realization that there was no toilet paper, well... Yeah, that deterred things by just a tad. By the time she wandered back to the path (with both an empty bladder and her trusty axe back in her possession - fuck yes for that wonderful excuse), Jeremy and Garrett were long gone by... five minutes. And there was no way in hell she would find them again. She spent the next hour searching, but no dice.

Fiona couldn't even really remember where they were heading, if they had any destination at all, so she mostly convinced herself that she would see them again later, and they could resume their plan. For now, she was a floating leaf in the peaceful wind. She would go wherever her feet would take her, roll with the punches, go with the flow, all that nonsense. In her moment(s) of wandering, she ended up in the middle of the residential section. She had been here previously, right? With Nik? Maybe not, her memory was shot. It was a place that looked a lot like this... That was probably the town center... Yeah, it was. Cause that place had a fountain, and this place had no fountain. Yep.

Fiona decided that now was as good of a time as any to rest, and yes, she did realize that earlier she had made a proposition to not rest, but things changed. She was a little tired, and a slight nap would be absolutely amazing. Fiona just honestly hoped she wouldn't fall asleep for five hours and wake up without a head... Terrifying thought.

She focused on one building in particular, a pub, and decided to see if it seemed like a decent place to rest. She opened the door and took in the scent of alcohol and smoke (not realizing the smoke's scent was recent), but after looking over the place, she decided it didn't seem that safe. It was just a pub, a few tables and stuff. Nothing that would keep people out or... Oh! There was a backroom, it seemed. She could just lock herself in there and-

Wait a minute. She could hear something. It was quiet at first, so Fiona took a few steps inside. The sound grew louder and as she listened, she realized it was giggles. Female giggles. So another girl had the same idea that Fiona did? Excellent! They could rest together! Regardless, she wasn't stupid, and if she was going to make herself known to the girl behind the door, she wanted to be at least... armed. She hadn't come this far to be offed by someone out of surprise. Taking a deep breath, she walked over to the door and placed her axe against the wall, absently searching for her gun at the bottom of the bag. Locating Autumn's handgun, Fiona firmly gripped it and knocked on the wall with her free hand.

"Uh, hellooo? I-uh-I know someone's in there. You alright? Everything good...? I was going to ask if I could come in, but that's a bit sudden, isn't it? I'll wait. Just give me the word. I'm fine with waiting.. I'm patient."

Fiona took a step back and rocked on her heels, waiting for the response.
Posted Image

Dawson Demarke: School Cafeteria♥
♥Soon to come: Francis Scodelaris♥
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fiona was aware that there was someone outside of the pub, but she was more concerned with the person behind the door before her. There was mostly silence, and, at first, Fiona thought that perhaps there was no one there at all. The giggles had been merely a hallucination, a trick of her own imagination, definitely not real! Before she could disprove her theory by attempting to open the door herself, she heard a squeak, and the door opened just a tad.

The tiny movement of the door was enough to surprise Fiona, and she jumped a little, almost loosening the hold on her gun. Realizing that there really was someone on the other side of the door, Fiona calmed down and stared at the tiny crack in the door. She couldn't make out much at all aside from just an eye. Was there really anything to be afraid of? The girl seemed much more scared of Fiona than Fiona was of her! The blonde lowered her gun and smiled slightly.

"It's okay, you can open up. There's nothing to be afraid... of..." Damn. She could hear footsteps, and they sounded shockingly close. They were right outside, but before Fiona realized it, she could hear someone behind her. Did Fiona forget to shut the pub door? Apparently. She gulped and stared at the door, closed again, but as the tense moments passed, opened just a tad again.

The cheerleader twirled around with her gun gripped tightly in her hand, waiting to discourage some ruffian with the threat of violence or at least exchange a few harsh words. She didn't exactly count on seeing someone that knew, for Fiona was almost convinced that everyone she ever knew died in such a short period of time. But Autumn was here, and Fiona couldn't help but smile. She didn't think she would see Autumn again!

And she felt happy. She was happy because Autumn went through the same horrifying situation that Fiona did. Autumn witnessed the aftermath of what happened between Nik, Evelyn, and Staffan. It was crazy to think that they were together again. Perhaps it was just meant to be? Should Fiona have followed Autumn back then? At the time, she was too shocked and scared. She could only watch as Autumn walked off with Nik and Evelyn's things, leaving Fiona with her own gun.

She looked down at the handgun, thankful that Autumn was willing to part with it. Fiona would have only gotten so far with just an axe.

The smile didn't disappear from her face as the blonde cheerleader lowered the gun and ran towards Autumn, immediately pulling her into a hug. "Autumn!! Autumn, it's really you, isn't it? Geez, I haven't seen you since, well, that day with Nik and stuff... Are you alright?" Fiona pulled away and examined Autumn, realized that something was very wrong. She seemed upset, dirtied, discouraged...

Fiona's smile fell, and a sympathetic look took its place. "Autumn, talk to me. What's wrong...? You're okay now. I think we're safe here. Everything will be okay." She placed her gun down on a nearby table and settled down into a chair, eyes not looking away from Autumn's form.
Posted Image

ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Hoooly shit," Fiona muttered underneath her breath as Autumn began to struggle and scream. She hadn't expected that at all, and part of her wondered if Autumn had really flipped her lid. Didn't she recognize Fiona? Fiona was definitely no one to be afraid of! She was a peppy cheerleader, and sure, she may have killed a couple of people, but it was no biggy. It wasn't like she killed those two out of pure malice. "Autumn, it's okay, you can relax. It's just me, Fiona. There's nothing to be scared of-"

Okay, gun in face. The gun, or Nik's gun, was aimed right at her, and Fiona immediately sucked in her breath and quickly grabbed for her own gun, the one that ironically belonged to Autumn herself. "Autumn, really, don't point that at me. We're friends and stuff, and I don't wanna scare you, but if you act like you're going to kill me, then I'll have to react in kind, and like... Wouldn't it suck to die by the hands of your own gun? You don't want that, right? Please... lower it."

"You want my stuff don't you?!"

Fiona frowned deeply, slowly raising out of her chair. The gun was still clasped tightly in her hand, and her aim didn't waver. She could only assume by this point that Autumn had gone psychotic, and if Fiona lowered her gun for even a second, Autumn could, like, shoot her! And that wouldn't be cool at all. She would have to keep her cool. No flying off the handle because, well, crazy people didn't like chaos and upset. They probably didn't like flying or handles either.

"If I wanted your stuff, I would have said so when you were ransacking Evelyn and Nik's corpses. And as for your weapon? You willingly gave me this gun, so I don't really think there's much misunderstanding about that. Trust me, I don't want your stuff. I have my own stuff." Fiona felt like now would be a bad idea to mention that her food supply was running low. Because, yes, if Autumn offered to share some bread or something, Fiona would have to accept.

Autumn went out, shouting out insane accusation after insane accusation. The cheerleader could only stare, forcing herself not to laugh at how ridiculous Autumn sounded at the moment. She really had snapped... It was sorta sad, really, but it wasn't like there was anything she could do about it. She could run away, yeah, but Autumn needed help. She could definitely get herself killed in this kind of condition.

"Autumn, listen to yourself. Do you think there's any way I could impersonate Evelyn? Do we look anything alike...?" Fiona gestured down at her generous figure and ran across her neon-dyed dreadlocks. She was pretty sure that Evelyn had a nice figure and normal hair. It was easy to tell the difference between the two females... Aside from the fact that Fiona was very much alive, well Evelyn was very much dead.

"I-I-uhh... Noo, I don't usually enjoy messing with people.. Uhm, I swear it wasn't me in the woods. I was with these dudes named Jeremy and Garrett, promise. You can ask them, if I find them again... Oh, come on, Autumn! Put the damn gun down! Shooting me isn't going to solve any of your problems. It's not going to bring Nik back. Nik is gone and Evelyn is gone, and it's just us now. We have to keep going, Autumn. It's all we have right now. You shoot me, and I'll shoot you, and it doesn't solve anything...

"Please."
Posted Image

ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fiona breathed a sigh of relief as Autumn dropped the gun and stepped forward. She hadn't exactly expected the hug, but it was nice. She was so glad that she had convinced Autumn not to shoot her, convinced her that everything would be alright if they just stuck together. Fiona felt excited that she would have a companion, someone that she was familar with, someone that could understand the pain that Fiona had experienced back at the house of mirrors.

She smiled and hugged Autumn back, feeling warm and fuzzy at the realization that she didn't want Fiona to leave her. They would stick together, travel together, help each other out. She was giddy, but her happiness didn't last longer than a few seconds before it was quickly replaced with confusion. There was a loud crackling sound and something wet hit her face and the front of her top.

Confused and disoriented, Fiona let go of Autumn and lightly touched a bead of blood that was rolling down her face. She examined her fingers and found deep crimson blood, and her heart began to beat wildly. Things weren't coming together quite yet, the pieces were slow to connect, but as soon as Autumn hit the floor, Fiona was right there with her.

It all seemed to happen so quickly and suddenly. Fiona came to the conclusion that Autumn was dead, a wound to the head, blood pouring out and coating the floor in a crimson pool. The air smelled thick and metallic, mostly unpleasant, but not as unpleasant as the realization that the girl in the back room had killed Autumn.

Autumn was supposed to be her companion. Her friend. They were going to travel together. Fiona didn't have anyone - Nik was gone, Evelyn was gone, Garrett and Jeremy were god knows where. This was too cruel.

She had yelled, demanded to know why Kitty had killed Autumn but left Fiona intact. Fiona kept Autumn's gun pointed at Kitty, but she didn't have the guts to shoot her. She was angry, yeah, and she wasn't sure why she hesitated... Fiona had killed Staffan for doing exactly the same thing that Kitty had. Why was she hesitating? Had she gone soft? Shooting a gun was much easier than smashing a head in with an axe. She could do it.

But once again, time was going too quickly, and Fiona didn't want to kill anymore. She didn't want Kitty to take off with Nik's gun, and she definitely didn't want the bat that the killer had left in her wake, but it was as if she possessed no voice. All she had was misery and a terrible sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. Why was this happening to her? Was this game one giant cruel joke, aimed at Fiona?

She didn't deserve this. Was this retribution for killing that poor boy who had threatened Nik? Was that it?

"You should work on that."

Fiona's lip quivered, and she pointed absently with one hand at the spot where Kitty was previously standing. "I don't have to work on anything! I know how to not-hesitate! I've killed before - twice!" she screamed, loud enough so that the girl would hopefully hear her. "You.. You just got lucky!!! ...What did I ever do to you?! WHAT? I was being nice to you!! We could have been friends or... I don't need your damn bat, you know! I have an AXE! And the axe is.. better than that stupid gun you stole! Hey, do you hear me?!"

She angrily punched the table beside her, and the wobbly legs gave way, sending the table toppling to the ground. That felt good, but it didn't fix what happened to Autumn. Wiping her eyes, Fiona retrieved her axe and pocketed her gun. She passed a final glance at Autumn, choked down a sob, and out the door she went.

She wished for revenge, but... Like most people in this game, Kitty was probably someone that Fiona would not cross paths with again. Best to forget about it and keep moving on. Sometimes Fiona didn't want to move on, sometimes she just wanted everything to end.

No choice. Keep moving.

((Fiona Sparki continued in Ghosts))
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply