Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Never Take Friendship Personal; calm before the storm
Topic Started: Jun 3 2011, 12:45 AM (1,586 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Whoops sorry))

Maf was not okay.

Understatement of his life.

For starters, he was back with Jason. Both him, and Nathan, they were back with someone who hadn't given him answers. Sure, back when he left the warehouse and he still didn't know what happened soon after, which was...days ago now, he remembered, he was gone, and whatever happened there after the fact was up to god. Did he tell Nathan? Did Nathan know why Jason had someone's blood on his hands, the girl Brook pinned after was dead by her hand and now Brook himself was slowly reaching the likes of a serial killer?

And don't get him started on the fact that there seemed to be a huge gap in the last few days from his memory.

But he didn't let these idle worries surface. Maf was sure he'd know in time.

At least he hoped he would.

But for now...

"Yeah. I'm fine, Jase."

He pretended.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"What if what they say is true? What are we going to do then?"

So, what were they going to do. They. That was an odd collective term for the two of them. In fact, it might not even be the two of them, it might as well just be Jason - every little bit of wrong and misgiving had involved Jason and Brook - Nathan and Maf might as well have not even existed.

"We?"

Maf spoke up almost suddenly. He was barely expecting it himself.

"Well, I assume you mean you. I've been so out of the loop on every little thing that's happened so far you might as well just ditch the group terms and just talk about yourself, Jason."

It really occurred to Maf just then that he was the only person out of the four of them who had no idea what happened. There were big gaps in his memory, stuff that he couldn't explain, and it didn't feel like he'd ever really been told. The way Nathan and Jason spoke, it seemed like they were pretty in the loop, but not Maf? What a surprise.

"When you're done with...whatever you did to Brook, and whatever the hell he's done now, you come and find me, Jason."

He was over it already. This blatant stringing along of Nathan and himself towards what, come to think of it, could have been a cleverly designed trap. The only people who knew what happened there were Jason Brook and Tiffany as far as he knew, and he wasn't willing to just deal with that risk. No way, kangaroo boy, you go sort out your own problems, don't risk our lives to fix your mistakes.

He started to turn away.

"Whatever you do, don't appear on those announcements. Cause..."

"..."

Maf paused. he turned back around to face his friends, and could only let out a silent exhalation and shake his head softly at Nathan.

"..."

And almost like that, he was gone.

((Ma'afu Tuigamala continues in Hatful of Hollow))
Edited by Brackie, Oct 23 2011, 09:36 AM.

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply