Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
V4 BKA/BDA Voting: May 2011
Topic Started: May 30 2011, 11:33 PM (3,563 Views)
Unregistered

Best Kill - Kitty Gitschall

None of the kills this month really 'did' it for me. All the deaths that stuck out were just that - the deaths were spectacular, they completely overshadowed the kills. I'm voting for Kitty here merely because I felt her reaction after her kill really stuck with me. I thought her reaction to killing someone so easily was spot on. It wasn't really special by any means but it certainly struck a chord.

Best Death - Annaliese Hansen

I'm going to come out and say it. This is how deaths should be done. It was quick, it was nasty, and it tore your heart out and ripped it to shreds. I didn't like the thread itself that much but Annaliese's death was a stunning contrast to the rest of the thread. It fits her character well. A perfect standoff. Tre is out of the game, I know that, but damn it she deserves this.
Goto Top

Unregistered

BDA: Helen Wilson
Helen and Annaliese were two of my favorite deaths this month, but I'm going to have to go with Helen. The self surgery made me cringe and squirm, but all the while she had great characterization and it was agonizing that she almost made it out, but fell short. I could feel her pain. Loved it.

BKA: Alex White
This one was soooo close. Seel did a fantastic job with Kitty and I thought Kris' trap was really clever but this one is going to Alex White. I thought it was really interesting how Alex's mental state was reflected in the writing style, particularly with Rosa.
Goto Top

Unregistered

BDA: Annaliese Hansen In terms of deaths, the moment was rather quick. And honestly, that is part of the reason it was so powerful. There are all these little moments in it, such as when she feels the cold and when she wants to tell Ray about the blood on his face. There all very simple, and yet they make the moment all the more powerful and thus, my vote for BDA.

BKA: Kitty Gittschall In this instance, while the action itself is rather simple. A bat to the head. It is the repeated uses of said weapon after that really make this kill worth it. There is just a brutality to it and to the SOTF home viewer, words like "Stop Faking" and "Get up, fight like a man" really hit home and make the kill all the more intense and thus, my vote for BKA
Goto Top

Deputy Dawg
Unregistered

BKA - Kitty Gittschall

Standing on its own, this kill is easily comparable to all the others nominated here. Given the context, the buildup, the anticipation of Kitty working towards her first kill: it's the best hands down.

BDA - Helen Wilson

Wow. Not ashamed to admit I cried when reading this (and not just because this is anonymous). It's been said already, but I didn't read this expecting to be impressed, and it blew me away. To see Helen get so close, so plausibly close, and have it snatched away from her....

In a way, I hope other writers aren't encouraged by xylophonefairy's example with Helen, because reading this hurt.

Well done. So much well done.
Goto Top

Unregistered

BKA: Liam Brooks (killing Örn “Dutchy” Ayers, MK Kilmarnock)

I preferred this kill because it just showed him slowly slipping down into the madness, that dark side that I really liked. Really scary and emotional.

BDA: Maria Graham (killed by wounds, Super Llama)

Is yelling out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a good response? No? OK. I liked this death because JESUS IT WAS SAD and just the thought of her finally giving up is painful. Well written ending to finish off her saga.
Goto Top

Unregistered

BEST KILL - Alex White, for giving SOTF a month of increasingly loathsome and irredeemably evil acts, through his kills and other actions. There's a fine line, definitely, and I totally understand any feelings on which side Alex falls on. For me, he should win here.

BEST DEATH - Llama for Maria Graham, for giving the right ending to the character. In terms of looking at the whole character and buildup to the death, Llama's was the best.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Contest Voting · Next Topic »
Locked Topic