Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Boats and Birds; If you be my star I'll be your sky
Topic Started: May 25 2011, 11:30 PM (1,473 Views)
Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He lowered his gun and slipped it back into his bag. Even if he'd seriously injured her, it was better than the alternative--her staying here with him, on this island of murderers.

It had been completely necessary to distract her in order to angle his bag around and lay hands on one of the weapons inside. Again and again he and Soryu had argued, again and again they had refused to change themselves. What had remained was the peculiar attraction--his need to keep her safe in spite of his ostensible selfishness, her desire to be with him in spite of her unflinching pacifism. Neither ever managed to convince the other of anything, really.

Didn't mean violence couldn't solve the problem.

Had kissing her been entirely necessary? Well, Raidon had never made any claims of being selfless.

He slipped the note he'd written into the waistband of her pants and then set to work hauling her down the beach. Or, at least, he attempted to; he struggled for a little while to lift her up, but it was impossible--he couldn't keep ahold of his bag and her at the same time, and even if here to leave his bag here his injured left arm prevented him from bearing her weight. He felt nervous the longer he stayed here--if she woke up it would all have been for nothing, if she woke up weak or woozy or injured then they would be worse than they had been before, he had to move quickly, he had to-

"The hell are you doing?" a voice demanded. Raidon looked up--another boy was standing nearby, glaring at him.

The skin on the back of Raidon's neck tingled, and his throat felt dry. He was in danger, as he well knew; he was going to be trapped on this island no matter what he did, and the friends of those he killed might well seek vengeance against him (just as he sought vengeance against Maxwell for Simon's death). But...

He couldn't get Soryu out of here on his own.

"Getting her to the boats," he said simply. "She wasn't going to leave." He struggled for a moment, then gave up. "I can't...I can't get her there on my own.

He and the other boy stared at each other for a moment. Then, wordlessly, Zach moved to Raidon's side and pushed him away, wrapping his hands under Soryu's shoulder. Raidon moved to her legs and wrapped her feet in his one good arm. Together, they lifted into the air--together, they headed off down the beach.

(Zach Jamis, Naoko Raidon, and Mizore Soryu return to The Cavalry Arrives)
Edited by Grim Wolf, Sep 9 2011, 03:46 PM.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Beach: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply