Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Cavalry Arrives; See Midmonths
Topic Started: May 18 2011, 06:37 PM (11,105 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
(GMing approved)

((Saul Fetteralf continued from You Are On a Rock Floating Through Space))

Saul could not believe in his wildest dreams that this shit was going down. There were boats on the beaches, and they didn't belong to Danya's goons. It was a rescue team, an honest to God rescue team. 'This is too good to be true, isn't it? It's all just a beautiful dream, right? Jojo, Sarah, just pinch me.'

Saul saved them the trouble by pinching himself. It hurt.

Jojo handed him the sledgehammer and headed off towards the craft, while Saul waited with Sarah. It was getting busy out on the beach and Saul could recognize some unsavory characters trying to get rescued, like Raidon. However, one thought just kept on crossing his mind. 'Garry...'

Saul looked and looked but his friend was nowhere to be seen. 'Does he even know about this?' Saul wondered. And then without warning he dashed forwards as fast as possible while dragging the sledgehammer behind him, waving to the guy at the front of the boat.

"Hey, hey, wait, I wanna-I wanna ask something!" Saul yelled, approaching the water and slowing down to a halt in front of the man holding a piece of paper. "I know that you probably can't do much for me, but can you let my friend on?" Saul asked him.

"I can let them on," the man replied, looking to Saul, "just as long as they didn't kill anyone."

Saul's hopes were briefly raised and then dashed as the man spoke. "That... that's the problem... he did."

The man raised an eyebrow at this fact. "What's the name?" he asked.

"Garry. Garry Villette. I'm Saul Fetteralf."

"Garry... Garry..." the man spoke, briefly scanning the list in his hand. "Nope, he's not on my list, he's good to go."

"He... he is?" Saul asked, gobsmacked. "I mean, I'm not gonna complain but, wow, really?"

"Yeah, we reviewed it and saw it was all an accident. Your friend didn't mean for anything to happen, so he's welcome."

Right now Saul was absolutely elated. Not only had he found out that his best friend wasn't a cold-blooded killer, but there was the chance of both of them getting off the island. "Do you know where he is? You know who's killed and whatnot, so you should know where he is right now, right?"

The man turned his head towards the boat and then looked back to Saul, an apologetic expression written on his face. "I'm afraid not, we don't have access to live video feed on here."

"Oh..." Well that was a real kick in the teeth.

"Look, if you're getting on board, you'd better get on quick."

Saul nodded and made a step towards the boat, but then stopped and backtracked. He looked at the boat, his ticket out of this Hell, then turned around and gazed at the island. 'He's still out there, somewhere,' Saul thought, staring at the mountain where he'd been some days ago with Sapphire and the other guys. "I-I can't, I'm not leaving without Garry."

"You do realize your friend could be anywhere on the island, and that we can come under attack at anytime."

"So you're saying that I should abandon my best friend?" Saul heatedly replied. "He's out there right now and he doesn't deserve to be on this island any longer than I do. If I left with you now and found out later he died, I could never, ever forgive myself for it. He needs to know about this!"

The man looked taken aback, most likely not expecting some of the students to refuse to be rescued. "Well, as much as I think it's an extremely dangerous and downright crazy idea, it's your choice to make, not mine. And as much as I really want you to get on board, all I can do is wish you the best of luck that you find him and come back soon."

"I will, thank you," Saul said. He turned to Jojo. "I'll be back," he said to him, waving to him and walking away from the boat, dragging the sledgehammer behind him.

It would be the last time he laid eyes on the rescue attempt.

((Saul Fetteralf continued in Livebait))
Edited by JamesRenard, Jun 13 2011, 07:39 PM.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Allen Birkman continued from Monsters))

Allen could not believe the sight he was greeted with when he arrived at the northern beach.

A boat. People. Students who weren't being mercilessly gunned down. The armed guys on board really didn't belong to Danya. They really were here to save them. "This... this is too good to be true," Allen exclaimed to himself.

As he made his way down from the rocks bordering the beach, he couldn't help but feel the memories from the first day rushing back to greet him. Waking up, coughing up sand, scrambling away from the water in fear. Seeing Chris, the very first person he would meet. The gunshot, Chris dying nearly instantly. Clio arriving, about to shoot him too. The girl getting tackled, Allen fleeing the scene afraid for his life.

Tears were starting to well up, and he tried to will the thoughts away before he broke down in front of everyone.

He'd come full circle. In fact, as he stepped onto the sand, he could swear he was standing in the exact same place as he was when Chris Davidson had caught a bullet in the face. Looking down, he could see the remnants of bloodstains splattered over the dry sand and rocks nearby. His body was missing though, Allen guessing he was given some kind of burial like they'd done with Annaliese and Rosa. The poor guy deserved a decent burial, at least.

Allen tentatively walked towards the shore with the others, looking down at the sand and trying not to stare at the sea. He was already starting to break out into a sweat, briefly glancing at the waves lapping against the wet sand, and looking away again. He very well near laughed at the irony of it all. 'All this time I've been avoiding going near the sea so I don't drown. Now I have to get on a boat and go on the water, so I don't die.'

He was starting to get nervous, extremely nervous. It would be the first time he'd been on a boat since he was seven, and there had even been a couple of times when he just wanted to turn around and say 'hey, I can't do this, good luck,' to the others and just sprint back up the beach to somewhere far away from the sea.

But doing so would be ridiculous, like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. So he stayed where he was.

He wasn't going to let his fear of the water prevent him from getting off of the island. No, for probably the first time in his life, he was going to fight his fears and make it home, come Hell or (appropriately enough) high water.

For him, it was all about to end where it had all began, eight days previously.

B121, Allen Birkman: ELIMINATED
Edited by JamesRenard, May 29 2011, 11:20 AM.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
(GMing approved by D/N)

Allen would have to thank Ray in a while for bringing Isabel on board. He lacked the strength to do so, and knew that Isabel could have easily struggled free from his grip, had he tried to keep hold of her, and would've simply ran off.

"Isabel, Isabel! Listen to me!" he ordered. "Look, they did the best they could," he assured her, looking at the rest of the people sent to rescue the ragtag bunch of students that had made it. 'That's strange,' he wondered, 'these guys look pretty young to be working for the government. In fact they look about as old as us! Just what the hell is up with that?' He'd make a note to ask when they were finally underway, traveling across the sea...

Okay, simply thinking about the voyage over water was starting to make Allen feel queasy. 'Don't think about it, don't think about it,' he ordered himself. He still needed to talk to Isabel to try and get her to calm the heck down, and spontaneous vomiting while trying to speak was only going to make matters worse.

"Do you really think they'd purposefully wait while people are dying here? No, they wouldn't." Allen understood that Isabel was extremely upset, what with finding Helen's body and having to leave her friend ('some friend,' Allen thought) behind. But still, she came off as extremely ungrateful to the people who'd showed up to help. "Just be glad they're here in the first place." Now onto the difficult task of trying to calm her down when it came to Hayley.

"Look, I know that Hayley was-" No, he'd better correct that. "-that Hayley's your friend, but... she's killed several people. If she did that back home, if she murdered someone in cold blood, would you still want to be associated with her?"

His eyes traveled onto Isabel's bandaged arm and he exhaled deeply. Even now, he was finding it hard to believe that the person who'd inflicted the injury used to be his buddy. "I'll tell you something. Me and Alex White used to be friends. I played sax, he played piano, we enjoyed the outdoors, so we had quite a lot in common. We hung out occasionally as well.

"But... hearing that he killed Rena and that other dude, and seeing what he did to both you and Andrea... it disgusted me that he could be capable of that.

"He used to be my friend, Isabel, and I honestly thought he was going to kill the pair of us. He'd gone completely insane! He was no longer the person I knew! Now do you think Hayley would've stopped and spared your life just because of your friendship? What if she decided it was a good idea to kill me? What then? Would you still want to head out there and find her?"

Okay, maybe he couldn't say what Isabel would do for certain. He didn't know just how far Isabel's and Hayley's friendship extended, whether they were just friends or BFF, or something along those lines.

"Speaking of Andrea," he said, standing up and scanning the boat and beach for her face, "where the hell is-"

Then he heard her voice, loud and piercing from across the beach. Andrea was still at the treeline.

And according to her screaming, she was being attacked by Alex White.

"Oh my God..." Allen whispered. It couldn't be happening. Why was he even there? Had he followed them? And why was he attacking Andrea? She just wanted to escape, killing her would serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. It just proved Allen was right. Alex White had gone completely insane. He wasn't killing because he had to, he was killing because he wanted to. And then there were two explosions that nearly deafened him. He instinctively ducked down and only got back up once the sound had died down.

When he looked, Alex was nowhere to be seen. Andrea had made it down by the water, though. No, scratch that, Andrea was in the water, and not only that, she was face down in it and bleeding. 'Oh no... oh nonononono!!'

"Andrea!" he yelled in complete panic. "Look after Isabel," he said to Ray, climbing over the side of the boat and landing with a splash in the shallow water. He nearly tumbled over onto all fours, but he shakily got back to his feet, his tennis shoes digging into the sticky wet sand as he approached the fallen girl. He was sure the rescuers would have had something to say about him abandoning the vessel, but he didn't care at that point.

Andrea needed help.

He put his arms around Andrea, turning her over, lifting her upper body out of the water and started to drag her backwards towards the boat he'd just leaped off of, falling over on his backside a couple of times. "Hey, HEY! Someone help me with her!" he practically screamed to the others on-board as he got closer and closer with each step.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Beach: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply