Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,762 Views)
Fayth
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Hey. Got myself a pair of concepts here that could use a looky-loo, if anyone's up for it.

First on the chopping block, Jamie O'Keefe. Jamie's father is a doctor, her mother is a vet, and they both expect her to go into the medical profession. The first time she helped her mother in the clinic, she got nauseous when she saw the blood from that poor rabbit, and had to run out of the room to vomit. She still has nightmares about it. Her parents say that's normal for the first time, but Jamie knows it isn't.

Her parents say they want her to go to public school so she doesn't end up with her nose in the air like "those vile children at that private school across town", but they themselves are highly biased against anyone who doesn't make as much as them, and resentful of anyone who makes more. Jamie herself is much more down-to-earth and personable, which her parents try to make it look like they encourage, but definitely don't approve of.

Then there's Max Powers. Formerly Sandy Williams, he legally changed his name as soon as he turned 18, much to his parents' disapproval and his school's consternation. He likes to think of himself as a ladies' man, and the notches on his bed second that. He says (often and loudly) that his only ambition in life is to get himself a sugar momma (/daddy, he's not picky when it comes to being pampered) and spend the rest of his life "fucking and sucking his way to the good life".

Underneath the womanizing persona, he actually wants to be a circus performer; he talked his parents into paying for trapeze lessons starting when he was 8, and he's got a nicely muscled body and the flexibility of a gymnast. His grades are mediocre, but the school he's aiming for only cares about ability, and he has a natural talent for the circus arts. As soon as he graduates, he plans to move to Montreal to attend The National Circus School to get his degree.

Questions, comments, concerns, more notches for Max's bedpost?
V5 Concepts

If you weren't there, it's probably not funny
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fayth
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
@Rugahissy

RE: Jamie; I like her too. She's probably the most normal character I've ever written, and she and I are just fine with that. :).

RE: Max; He's all talk. He's found that being a manslut is just fine in high school (encouraged, even), but actually caring about something isn't, so while he spends more time in the air than he ever has in bed, he doesn't talk about it with his peers. I currently cannot forsee a future in which he would do that to himself. He's too serious about his future to deviate much.

Also, with the name change, I figure his parents have been trying to control him for years, with little to no success. They finally settled on being happy that he's never been arrested and is on time to graduate. They think his ambitions of being in the circus are a whim/phase, and that he'll eventually switch to something else. Sadly, I think they've given up on him, but since Max is too self-centered to notice, I don't think it'll come up often if at all. I very much appreciate the discussion/concrit. :)

@Littleboy

RE: Oswaldo; Oh, the curse of having parents who name you on a whim. I think the problem I'm having with believing Oswaldo isn't his name or his parental issues, it's what people focus on when it comes to him. Most teenagers nowadays don't read for pleasure, and Salvador's books are too recent (and, no offense, 99% of fantasy is irrelevant to a high school curriculm) to be in a syllabus. I doubt more than a handful of the students in the entire school have read anything by the elder Marx, and of those, how many actually come up and talk to O about them? Not to stereotype, but I was in high school not too long ago, and the "bookish" types weren't the outgoing ones.

I think what they would instead focus on is his scars. Appearance is critically important to highschoolers, and even if he's been going to school with much the same group since kindergarten (especially then, I think), there are still going to be stares, whispers, and in the case of the more blatant bullies, outright cruel remarks on his face.
V5 Concepts

If you weren't there, it's probably not funny
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply