Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,784 Views)
blindside
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Alright here goes - any feedback would be mucho' appreciated.

Name: Noah Harrington

Grade: 12

Hobbies and Interests: Member of the school chess club, former bench-sub on the basketball team, swimming enthusiast and part-time online poker junkie. He's also an avid reader.

Background: Noah started out his freshman semester like any other high school student - seeking out new friends and interesting experiences with the intention of doing as little homework as humanly possible. While never, in his early years, considered part of the "in crowd" Noah was still fairly well known among social circles and got along great with most everybody, yet at the same time never really standing out. This would change radically when, come sophomore year, he began dating his childhood sweetheart.

In contrast to the aloof and lazy Noah, his girlfriend was an overachiever and all around go getter. Popular, ambitious, and charismatic - she tried her best to improve Noah where she could, but with little success. Despite the constant disappointments, Noah even went so far as to try out for and eventually (though barely) make it onto the school basketball team, simply for the purpose of trying to impress her.

When rumors of his girlfriend cheating on him reached Noah's ears, he initially shook it off as mindless gossip. It wasn't until his own best friends fessed up the truth of her infidelity that he was shaken out of inaction. He immediately confronted his girlfriend, and in the ensuing fistfight with her new boyfriend, Noah took the worst of it and was beaten bloody. To top off the humiliation, the entire one-sided brawl was captured on camera and posted on the internet for all of Noah's peers to see.

Defeated and shamed, Noah took some time off towards the end of the school year and more or less cut off all contact with his (supposed) school buddies. He disappeared completely over the summer break, having gone out of town to visit a sick family member.

After his uncle passed away from advanced stomach cancer, Noah finally re-emerged from limbo and returned to school for the Fall term, undoubtedly a much different person than when he'd left. While still amiable and polite to a point, Noah possesses a certain coldness and hostility that keeps his old friends wary and away. Unbeknownst to his fellow students, Noah would like nothing better than to see the school year ruined for each and every one of them.

Personality:
Though not a completely bad person at heart, Noah's traumatic experiences have left him embittered and disillusioned. He believes almost everyone else is deceitful by nature and, in turn, has become a chronic liar himself.

Below all that, Noah can still form affable relationships with others, and can also be loyal and otherwise kind if his trust is earned.

Appearance: Noah stands at somewhere around 6 feet tall with a slender, somewhat athletic build. He has dark brown eyes and coal black hair cut short and spiky, with the sides faded even shorter. His skin is a tanned olive color as per his French-Metis and Cherokee background.

He can commonly be seen either wearing simple tees with jeans and black boots, or dark dress shirts over white tank tops.

Advantages: An avid game player, Noah possesses a sharp intellect and strategic mind, which he never fully took advantage of until recently. He'll attempt to lie his way out of any situation, and would not hesitate to try and manipulate someone if he thinks it will get him ahead. As far as physical ability, Noah is in moderate shape from being an active swimmer.

Disadvantages: He has little to no fighting/combat prowess, and his tendency to think he's smarter than everyone else has and can backfire on him harshly. Noah also would be hard-pressed to actually kill anyone, survival or not.

Currently looking for some people who would've known or even been friends with Noah before he went M.I.A for a bit. Would definitely be appreciated. Also possibly someone for the ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend, though I may play the latter myself.

Cheers!

Posted Image

Quote:

Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blindside
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Hi Inky and thanks for the quick response. Your feedback is very helpful and yes, this is definitely a work in progress. I agree with a lot of the points you made. I think the main thing I should've made clear is Noah is definitely not a pre-made killer, and would be hesitant to kill even in self-defense. He's not a villain, just someone who's BECOME manipulative to shield himself emotionally. I was leaning more towards him having come back just to mess with people's heads, and ruin their school times by causing as much backstabbery-esque drama as possible pre-game.

But you're right on toning down some of the pre-made qualities. I guess I could change his advantages to him simply being a good liar and a good planner to a point, with the implication that he was always somewhat smart just profoundly lazy and unmotivated in the past. My idea was that he'd view the battle royale initially as a game, THE GAME, and try to be the Token Wannabe Strategist at least until reality kicks him in the face.

I'll definitely work on the childhood aspect as well. Again, thanks, and any other advice is welcome.

Posted Image

Quote:

Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply