Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,718 Views)
Billiards
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
I have come up with three concepts in the last few days, and felt like sharing them. But looking at the other concepts in the thread, I feel a bit inadequate with the characters.

Seth Doberman: An insomniac who always seems and acts like he is unhealthily fatigued, when in social situations, he seems friendly, but somewhat shy and awkward, however, behind this seemingly friendly personality, he is a cold and calculating individual, overanalyzing scenarios and people, to gather information about them and about the personalities and feelings of people to manipulate them to his personal gain. Not to say he has bad motives, he just never learned growing up that treating everything in such a robotic manner is creepy and not largely socially accepted. He actually didn't learn a lot growing up, his parents weren't exactly the most active guardians in the world.

His interests also usually reflect this attitude, usually involving stuff with lots of patterns, he likes board and card games, plays drums in a mediocre garageband, and programming.

(My most developed character concept of the three, I'm satisfied with how the idea turned out.)

Esther Sandman: An extremely childish girl with a bizarre mixture of ADHD and undiagnosed aspergers, they have an interest about the great outdoors and more specifically, wild life, that some might say borders on the slightly obsessive.

(Seeing as I have both ADHD and mild aspergers myself, this character would be easy to write about, still need to flesh out the concept a bit first though.)

Chase Lancaster: The son of an american soldier, who thanks to his father's job and his mother's absence travels abroad with his father, never living in one country for longer then a whole year, and even that is a rare amount of time length-wise, because of the impact this has on his lifestyle, he has a hard time keeping friends, knowing this problem, he usually just keeps to himself, but if approached, he is fairly easy to talk to, even if he is a bit too sarcastic for a few people's tastes. He speaks with a bizarre mixture of slang and euphemisms from the different countries his father and him have lived in throughout their lives and has a tendency to get sidetracked into telling stories about his life of travelling around the world.

Recently his father has been stationed in Seattle, Washington for a period of at least eight months. Chase, considering this a rare chance to actually make long term friends, has decided to try his hardest to make some connections at his new school.

(I'm not really sure about this character, as much as I like the idea of a walking mashup of various cultural influences, it may be hard to write without it making it overly silly.)
Here be V5 character concepts:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Billiards
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Namira
Oct 21 2011, 10:40 AM
I'm not going to lie - Seth seems like a trademark sociopath. A lot of the traits you've put down there are common to that kind of person, and in honesty that's not really the kind of character we'd like to see here. I'm not telling you to scrap the concept, but with my staff hat on, I can tell you that elements like "cold and calculating", "manipulating people to his personal gain" and "treating everything robotically" send up immediate red flags, so you'll have to be very, very careful.
I didn't actually mean for him to be a sociopath, but looking back, I can see why you would say that, I will probably get rid of all of that stuff from the concept and just make him a lonely nerd with sleeping problems if it might seem stale to anybody.
Here be V5 character concepts:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply