Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,142 Views)
teamsleep
Member Avatar
dahmer party of five.
[ *  * ]
i was thinking of a heavily tattooed straight edge goon with abandonment issues.
i'm afraid the former bit is too close to CM Punk and the latter is too close to old characters.
Posted Image

God my first post took a long time.
Edited by teamsleep, Oct 12 2011, 08:26 PM.
Posted Image
oh look v5 kids
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

teamsleep
Member Avatar
dahmer party of five.
[ *  * ]
So I came up with 3 dudes/dudettes kind of splitting apart from my original idea.

Tim Tavares is a punk rock anarchist, though much to his own chagrin he has very little grasp on how anarchism works- his parents were laid off and his dad pretty much drank himself to death, so he blames it on corrupt governments and alcohol. Emma Goldman is his history crush.

Chuck Morrison thinks so deep he eats religion and shits out enlightenment. He needs a lot of work because as it is he's just a carbon copy of Jim Morrison.

Helena Kanellis isn't a stereotypical bitch but is an incredibly lechlike person. Also needs work.

Posted Image
Posted Image
oh look v5 kids

teamsleep
Member Avatar
dahmer party of five.
[ *  * ]
Well, here's Chuck Morrison. He looks good, he could probably get the girls if he felt like it, but he has the equivalent social skills of a ferret. He's a cool guy and will hang out with people, but with all the incredibly nonsensical sesquipedalian loquaciousness and "zen guru" attitude, it's difficult for anyone to really get a grasp on just what the actual fuck this kid is smoking. People are strange when you're a stranger.

He would make good friends with anyone playing the "straight man" to his shenanigans or just able to put up with his Mr. Mojo Risin' act.
Posted Image
oh look v5 kids

teamsleep
Member Avatar
dahmer party of five.
[ *  * ]
I've been kicking around an idea that I feel like may be too close to a "premade killer" and I'd like to peruse the advice of someone who's been around the block in character creation before.

I've watched/read too much Brett Easton Ellis, and as I speak I have American Psycho open in the other window. This combination has made me think about the idea of a girl named Katherine Florian, an upper middle class yuppie-to-be that believes in a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine and probably too many repeated handwashes over an hour's time. She lives with her middle-aged mother and dog in a $715,000 houseboat on Fairview Avenue. She has an older brother currently at Harvard Business school in Boston, Massachusetts. She's a member of the Cross Country/Track and Field team (whichever actually exists) and is currently a junior attending a high school in Seattle that may or may not inevitably have terrible, terrible things happen to it.

At first glance Katherine is a typical, if not rather OCD, shallow girl with little redeeming qualities, but nothing to immediately suggest she's some sort of HUGE BITCH BLUH BLUH, either.

She is also completely and utterly losing her mask of sanity. This is something that scares her, but she is simply not entirely there. Les Misérables, to her, was a laugh riot, and she doesn't even know why. She'll see other girls in the halls and she'll smile and wave, but it's out of reflex. She is very worried that something horrible is happening inside of her (and this isn't referring to her periods). The only thing keeping her from going full Kuudere (minus the whole actually having emotion) is the fact that she does have a couple friends and a crush on some student. In other tvtrope-esque words, she would have floated off into the Patrick Bateman dimension if not for several Morality Chains keeping her grounded.

Posted Image

How horrible is this idea or does it have some potential?
Edited by teamsleep, Dec 11 2011, 01:11 PM.
Posted Image
oh look v5 kids

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply