Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,150 Views)
The Bearded One
One of the Larpaajilta
[ * ]
Wow, this thread exploded! Eight pages in just about two weeks. Clearly, I'm behind (spending too much time with SOTF-Mini). Anyway, here's my v5 idea:

Leonard "Lenny" Nast is the older of two children. His poorly educated parents got divorced several years ago, and it has caused some psychological problems for Lenny. He does moderately well in school, but not well enough to be accepted into more than a state college, and his father may not be able to afford to send him there anyway.

Lenny tries to make up for his lack of control over his family life by becoming the class clown, acting silly and self-deprecating, mimicking voices and accents, and generally doing everything he can to get his classmates to laugh. As a result, he's well liked by the other students, though he's seen as a bit of a troublemaker by the teachers and staff. He has a couple of close friends at school to whom he's confided about his terrible family situation, but for the most part, he puts on the mask of the entertainer.

Thoughts?

v5 concepts:
Spoiler: click to toggle

SotF-TV:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Bearded One
One of the Larpaajilta
[ * ]
"Brian Zhdanovic - The Russian Rebel" looks like a perfect person to be friends with my "Lenny Nast proto-stand-up comic" concept. Lenny's friendships tend not to be deep, but he enjoys making people laugh, mostly by doing silly voices & impressions, as well as observational humor.

v5 concepts:

SotF-TV:

The Bearded One
One of the Larpaajilta
[ * ]
Quote:

would anyone be able to give me some feedback on this character?
This looks about 1000% better than the prior version. In fact, he looks like he's got more weaknesses than advantages now. One possibility to even it out a bit is to say that he's learned a bit of first aid from his mother (the nurse); that can be a major asset on death island or wherever the kids get trapped.

I'll let someone with a bit more experience evaluating submissions speak with more authority, though.

(And welcome to SOTF, by the way.)

v5 concepts:

SotF-TV:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply