Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,727 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I've actually been on and off working on v5 profiles anyway, heh. I'll start off with the one I currently remember most about.

Viktor Maeda- Half-Russian, half-Japanese, all fun; the type you hear before you see. The son of Japanese chef Ichiro Maeda and a female Russian wrestler whose name I haven't figured out yet, Viktor is the middle child of three, and picked up both his parents' passions from an early age. He's a pretty big guy, but he eats a lot, resulting in a rather stout physique. He's not all blubber, though; he's an accomplished wrestler (possibly team captain?) and the bulk of his weight under the padding is hard muscle. Captain or not, I picture him taking on a bit of a leaderly role anyway; he sees his teammates as brothers and possibly sisters if any female wrestlers are on, leading them in runs and such and when occasions allow it - such as not needing to worry about cutting weight or celebrating big wins - has been known to bring them to his house, where he and his father subsequently cook a huge meal for the whole team. The most recent of his achievements on the mat was his performance in the last State tournament, where he narrowly lost out on points in the finals. He hasn't taken the loss very hard, instead striking up a bit of a friendship with the person who beat him and being determined to win the next one.

Grades-wise, he does well, but doesn't hide the fact a lot of his classes don't quite hold his interest. He has a wide range of extracurricular activities he enjoys, such as reading, writing, music - performing or listening - and generally living life. Naturally, he's aware of SOTF and is highly opposed to it. Viktor is generally friendly to people, and has called on those he knows to stay strong and defiant in the face of such events. Also thinking he has a girlfriend, but I'll leave that an open slot if anyone is interested in seeing how things go.

Can't remember what else I was gonna put in. More on him and other concepts in future.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Did people miss the part where it was said not to post a full profile in here?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Brian Calvert - Just a name at the moment, I'll attach it to a concept once I've got some better ideas. Just for the sake of getting humour out of his name being confused with that of v2's winner. "Brian! With an 'I'!"
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Arscapi
Jun 4 2011, 12:56 AM

Kathryn Nguyen is an excellent softball pitcher, and she knows it. She's 5'5" and has dark black curly hair which she wears short. She's a fair student, her GPA just higher the minimum requirement needed to stay in sports. Kathryn’s family is very involved in fostering and training helper dogs. As such Kathryn usually brings a puppy to her games, to socialize them.
PUPPY. :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

xylophonefairy
Jul 23 2011, 06:28 PM
Do you reckon Naomi would be convinced into joining Ava's Women's Rugby team? After all there are similarities between rugby and American football (though I am required to say by national default that rugby is obvs. better). Basically she decides she wants to start one some time before pre game and tries to get as many people as she can to join it. I'm open for her plan to fail miserably.
Would they even have anyone to play against? Or is that why it fails miserably? :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

If you end up using Carmen and/or Selma, their involvement in the wrestling team means Viktor would know them, so get to me on that sometime so we can discuss it? Going to look over the other concepts in detail and make another post later with critique and such.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Why does she have no ears? :|
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

So, having a stab at writing up a concept!

Michael Eastmund - Part of the football team, an offensive lineman. Also involved in Paulo Silva's fight circle, just to breathe some life into there. He's short for his position, but still a big guy at 5'11", 210 pounds, with the (heh) bulk of that weight being muscle. He wasn't always like that, though; for a lot of his life, Mike was a scrawny, timid type of kid, but around middle school he decided he was sick of living that way. He started bulking up immensely; weight gain diet, lots of working out, joining teams, etc. Determined to pack that weight on, and he hit a growth spurt too. Joining the football team was possibly motivated in part by this desire to bulk up. One relic of this is the fact he still wears glasses and contacts. Usually contacts, though.

His involvement in the fight circle is part just liking to hang out with the guys there, part stress relief, and there's a part of him that actually likes to fight more than he's willing to admit to anybody. Size, strength and a bit of experience has actually made him pretty good at it, as he's picked up a little dirty boxing to see him through. The football has also given him some very rudimentary grappling skill, but nothing near the wrestlers' level, for example.

Another motivation for the football team is familial. Mike's from a bit of a football family, with his father having played when he was younger and been pretty good at it. Rather than being the living-vicariously-through-kid type, his father is actually a decent guy, albeit loud and a bit overbearing. He's a fan of Marlon Brando and insists his son "man up" and take charge of things in his (Mike's) life, unaware of the pressure he's put on Mike. He was proud of Mike for getting on the team and for the changes he's made in himself, but has warned him not to overdo it. Mike knows his father would be pissed if he knew about the fighting, both out of concern for him and because he generally doesn't approve of that kind of behaviour.

Mike has, unfortunately, had a bit of a tendency to misinterpret his father's sayings and advice, not entirely understanding what his father means by being a man (being swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon). This has led him to still be rather insecure, and he tries to hide some of the hobbies he is worried might be seen as "unmanly", like his interest in - and talent for - art. While he's one of the "jocks", he's still kind of quiet in person, much more confident and talkative online, with some slightly "nerdy" interests. He's still into things like reading, writing, gaming, browsing the internet, etc. I'm thinking towards the end of pregame or as development during the game he'll grow to get a better idea of what his father meant.

In terms of pre-existing relationships, I don't have many solid as of now, 'cept hanging out with the footballers and other fighters. I figure he tries to get on with people. Politically I get the feeling he's usually apathetic, but when he does care he tends towards being liberal or wanting the current system thrown out entirely. I've talked to Jamie though, so I know there's stuff going on with him and Ruby, and sorta Brian. To shorten things the idea seems to be they're pretty good friends, but Mike doesn't know Ruby is a lesbian. He's had feelings of his own for her for a while, which might have been a contributing factor to his bulking-up, and I figure things there will take whatever course they may in pregame. Maybe when he, Viktor and any other concepts I make are a little more fleshed out I'll throw up a relationship thread.

I have no idea what else I was gonna say here so I'll just throw more shit up as/if I think of it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Does she have to be heterochromatic? That's my first thought.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

paradise
Aug 28 2011, 11:40 AM
Advantages: Survivalist, took Firearms training.
So you know, unless you can justify that really well it's probably going to get him denied, especially with the schizophrenia and such. It kinda gives off the impression of a pre-made player.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply