Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,738 Views)
General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Charles Philip "Chuck" Soileau: A short 18-year old of Cajun descent (his father a police officer and his mother a childminder), his predominant interests are politics and history. Very analytical, little bit paranoid, very self-conscious and doesn't hesitate to mess with his friends, but overall a friendly, lovable person.

Michael Fischer: Son of an overambitious low-profile (something like State Representative) moderate Republican politician of the same name, unlike his father, the popular 17-year old Michael really couldn't give two shits about politics, and he'd much rather focus on fanning his own ego, flirting with the nearest convenient girl or playing guitar.

Kiziah Saraki: Along with her siblings and her mother, Kiziah (now 18) fled her native Nigeria in 1995 because her parents feared that their children would be punished for the outspoken anti-General Abacha views of Mr and Mrs Saraki. Despite her intelligence (especially in maths and languages), and her rather nerdy interests, she is known as extremely gullible, a trait the jokers of the school cannot not take advantage of.

Feedback or whatever appreciated. Literally pulled these ideas out of my arse a while ago.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Mal. <3

Yeah, Chuck's my average guy. I am going to consider Michael's relationship with his father, and I want to try and avoid that whole "Dustin Royal with a politician daddy" thing, as when writing Michael up, he did seem a bit like that to me as well. Michael's more flirtatious than outright slutty, but even then, I want to try and avoid unintentionally doing that. Thanks for the feedback on all of them, Mal, and, yeah, Kiziah's gullible-ness is inspired by this girl in my class, who had to check on the internet when I told her Italy had been blown up.

I shall now returneth the favour:

Quote:

**NOTE: Concepts are probably going to change, this is concept art and random notes that I have at the moment c:**

Neil Van Voytz
http://i.imgur.com/x19mG.png

- Rich Kid, who's parents are environmental activists and helped found their own charity. Stubborn when it comes to politics and has very liberal views, but has no real life skills, and he's kinda snobby to boot. Still, he doesn't act like a douche and means well. I imagined him as one of those kids who'd always go to environmental (hence the headband) and political rallies, saying how his generation cares and blah blah blah, that kinda stuff.

Oswaldo Marx
http://i.imgur.com/udEs6.png

- This guy I really liked when I thought him up. Backstory is rather tragic, his mom died in a house fire, which scarred his face considerably, and he had years of physical therapy afterwards, y'know, skin grafts and whatnot. I'll be honest I don't know a lot about that at the moment, but I'd like to portray that end of things realistically, so I've got to do some research. Since then, his Dad, once a successful script writer, has been a mess and constantly inserts his dead wife in his stories, which pisses Os off to no end, and they have a bad relationship at the best of times. Os is absolutely TERRIFIED of fires, and keeps his hair long to (somewhat) hide his scars. He's not a popular kid, but he isn't a loner and is very recognizable around the school due to his scars. Most people don't hassle him, he's just a normal kid with a decent amount of friends.

Sara Cerna
http://i.imgur.com/HZcKk.png

- Self insert of a friend of mine. I wanted to try my hand at writing female characters, and she wanted to be involved. Abby from The Program was okay, but she kinda died. I figure this'd be a good way to improve "mah skillz".

Dillon Rivers
http://i.imgur.com/NQdg0.png

- Yes. A motherfuckin' Juggalo. No he is not based off Gamzee or any general stereotype of Juggalos. He's an angry teenager, who's totally bought into the lifestyle, and that isn't a good or a bad thing. He's kind of an ass, and has a very small but very close circle of friends, both ICP fans, or those who tolerate his interests. He's sort of hostile to everyone else, especially those who bash Juggalos. Smokes weed and cigarettes, drinks, sucks at school and has an attitude problem. He's from the 'burbs and his family is very normal and caring, something he feels awkward about accepting. In a weird way he's ashamed of them.

Neil - I like the sound of him, and he sounds like he'll be a blast to read, but to honest he seems like, if written poorly, he could just be a flat political stereotype, or some kind of straw man or something. I strongly doubt he will be, going by your writing in the past and the fact that you can only get so much more information across in just one paragraph, but just be careful. He's a good foundation for an interesting, realistic character, and I'm looking forward to seeing him when he's more fleshed out.

Oswaldo - Aw, poor Os. Danya's gonna be a real dick to him, I can see it now. As long as you don't do a major research failure if you end up doing a memory post about skin grafts or something, he should be pretty good, and I doubt you're one to make a major research failure. I am looking forward to seeing more about his relationship with his dad, and I really sympathise with Oswaldo here, because I'd be pretty pissed off too if my dad kept on using my dead mum for his stories. Also, I know you said he doesn't get hassled, but it'd be interesting to see how it impacts the way some people do see him, and how he responds to them (e.g. ignoring them, crying, witty badass retorts, whatever). I can imagine some people avoiding him or being patronising and whatever.

Sara - Hardly anything to go on, so I'll just say you wrote Abby pretty good, so I reckon Sara'll be a good read.

Dillon - Oh my God this'll rock. You better do your research on Juggalos Little. :P Other than that, I can't think of anything to say about him.

And, I apologise if I sounded a little bit negative at times, but I like all your character ideas a lot, but Oswaldo is probably my favourite at the mo.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Fairy: Thanks for the feedback. :)

But, yeah, Chuck's teasing is more of a friendly, jovial nature rather than a "mind screw" kind of thing.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks like we'll be having another activist club in V5's pregame. :P
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply