Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,043 Views)
Little Boy
Member Avatar
STICK IT IN ZEE BOOOOOOOT~~~~
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
**NOTE: Concepts are probably going to change, this is concept art and random notes that I have at the moment c:**

Neil Van Voytz
http://i.imgur.com/x19mG.png

- Rich Kid, who's parents are environmental activists and helped found their own charity. Stubborn when it comes to politics and has very liberal views, but has no real life skills, and he's kinda snobby to boot. Still, he doesn't act like a douche and means well. I imagined him as one of those kids who'd always go to environmental (hence the headband) and political rallies, saying how his generation cares and blah blah blah, that kinda stuff.

Oswaldo Marx
http://i.imgur.com/udEs6.png

- This guy I really liked when I thought him up. Backstory is rather tragic, his mom died in a house fire, which scarred his face considerably, and he had years of physical therapy afterwards, y'know, skin grafts and whatnot. I'll be honest I don't know a lot about that at the moment, but I'd like to portray that end of things realistically, so I've got to do some research. Since then, his Dad, once a successful script writer, has been a mess and constantly inserts his dead wife in his stories, which pisses Os off to no end, and they have a bad relationship at the best of times. Os is absolutely TERRIFIED of fires, and keeps his hair long to (somewhat) hide his scars. He's not a popular kid, but he isn't a loner and is very recognizable around the school due to his scars. Most people don't hassle him, he's just a normal kid with a decent amount of friends.

Sara Cerna
http://i.imgur.com/HZcKk.png

- Self insert of a friend of mine. I wanted to try my hand at writing female characters, and she wanted to be involved. Abby from The Program was okay, but she kinda died. I figure this'd be a good way to improve "mah skillz".

Dillon Rivers
http://i.imgur.com/NQdg0.png

- Yes. A motherfuckin' Juggalo. No he is not based off Gamzee or any general stereotype of Juggalos. He's an angry teenager, who's totally bought into the lifestyle, and that isn't a good or a bad thing. He's kind of an ass, and has a very small but very close circle of friends, both ICP fans, or those who tolerate his interests. He's sort of hostile to everyone else, especially those who bash Juggalos. Smokes weed and cigarettes, drinks, sucks at school and has an attitude problem. He's from the 'burbs and his family is very normal and caring, something he feels awkward about accepting. In a weird way he's ashamed of them.
V5
Posted Image Posted Image
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
General Goose
May 8 2011, 07:09 PM
Charles Philip "Chuck" Soileau: A short 18-year old of Cajun descent (his father a police officer and his mother a childminder), his predominant interests are politics and history. Very analytical, little bit paranoid, very self-conscious and doesn't hesitate to mess with his friends, but overall a friendly, lovable person.

Michael Fischer: Son of an overambitious low-profile (something like State Representative) moderate Republican politician of the same name, unlike his father, the popular 17-year old Michael really couldn't give two shits about politics, and he'd much rather focus on fanning his own ego, flirting with the nearest convenient girl or playing guitar.

Kiziah Saraki: Along with her siblings and her mother, Kiziah (now 18) fled her native Nigeria in 1995 because her parents feared that their children would be punished for the outspoken anti-General Abacha views of Mr and Mrs Saraki. Despite her intelligence (especially in maths and languages), and her rather nerdy interests, she is known as extremely gullible, a trait the jokers of the school cannot not take advantage of.

Feedback or whatever appreciated. Literally pulled these ideas out of my arse a while ago.
Lookin' at your Characters, havin' a fun time! Blah blah blah, singin' my sonnnnnnnnggggg~

Chuck Soileau - I can easily see this one being your flagship, but he's not doing much for me :C It's not that he's bad. It's just that he's... I don't know, average? But that isn't bad, because well, we're supposed to be writing average teenagers. So I don't advise you changing him much. I'll probably love him when you start posting with him.

Michael Fischer - I know you said Michael doesn't care about politics, but I'd really like to see his relationship with Michael Sr, and how our overambitious politician views his layabout son. A ton of ways you could examine that, and it would make for an interesting read! I know this isn't my place to revamp characters, but I'd suggest you explore that, because right now he sounds kinda like Dustin Royal with a politician daddy.

Kiziah Saraki - It's very common for us to get characters like this, with the funky names and the whatnot, and we often rag on them because they rely on quirks (I'm from Japan! I'm from Iceland, but everyone calls me Dutchy! >___>) but IMO this is one of the better "out there" concepts I've seen so far in the thread, namely because Kiziah doesn't seem to have her entire life revolving around her heritage. I can easily see her being the butt monkey in a comedic duo, whether she likes it or not. I know you'll research her before playing her, so I can't really suggest that! I like the fact she's gullible, we don't seem to have a lot of gullible characters out there. Def keep that!
V5
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
http://i.imgur.com/4xJpe.png

So, redid my concepts!

Hannah MasBach

- Third Generation German, Hannah is my roughest idea so far. I know that she is going to be a history buff of some sort. Judging by her sorta awkward appearance (Hannah has a really long neck and really thick glasses) she isn't much liked by the dudes. Which she desperately wants to change. I'm really considering it being a running gag of sorts through pregame or something, Hannah attempting to find someone who likes her. She's rather abrasive, but very smart. She's also a gamer in her spare time, and I've been toying with the idea of having her participating in historical reenactments or something along those lines.

Oswaldo Marx

- Oswaldo hasn't changed from my initial idea, at least not that much. He's the son of well known author, Salvador Marx who specializes in writing Fantasy. This is just a pen name, but Salvador is quite the character, and legally had his name changed to his pen name. Oswaldo was a perfectly healthy kid, albeit afflicted with a very odd name. At some point in his childhood, probably around six, a fire broke out at the Marx house. Oswaldo was burned extremely badly, most notably on the left side of his face and required intensive surgeries, skin grafts, all kinds of stuff. Because of this, he has a near crippling fear of flames and fire, and he goes to a therapist for this. This fire also took the life of Oswaldo's mom. Now, Salvador was never the most rational sort of guy. Being an artist, Salvador tried to vocalize his pain, writing a manuscript for his next novel that dealt with his grief and his wife. This book went on to become his biggest selling hit. Salvador, immensely pleased with it, wrote another. And another. At this point, his franchise is going strong and he's winning awards all over the world for his books.

For Oswaldo unfortunately, this means he has to deal with a mary sue-ish version of the mother he barely knew. He has to live day to day with the fact that his father, still pained over the death of his wife, only finds comfort in this make-believe character. He has to go through school knowing that most people who've read his father's books know his mother better than he ever did, and know the explicit details of how she died. And of course, Oswaldo has to deal with people who gush over his father's work, or worse still, attempt to sympathize with him or relate to him and the story of his fathers books.

At this point, Oswaldo absolutely despises his father and his writing. Oswaldo himself is a decent story teller, but he has shut down that aspect of himself in response to his fathers works. Salvador doesn't know why Oswaldo despises him to this degree, and tries his best to relate and communicate with his son.

To put it lightly, his relationship with his dad is not something to be joked about. Only Os' closest pals have a hint of all this. On the outside, Oswaldo is a happy boy, despite all his pains. He enjoys drinking, hanging out with his friends, biking in the forests, and is a total romantic when it comes to girls. He's not much of a ladies man, but he tries his hardest. Just don't mention his Dad's books, or fire.

Nolan Moss

- Bluhg, I got tired. I'll do Nolan tomorrow.
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply