Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,726 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EDIT: Now with more information and stuff.

Oh neat! Well I have two solid concepts and two shakier ones.

Michelle Weschler:

5'6''. Average size though not busty and very hippy, both of which she is sensitive about. Long light brown curls down to almost her waist.

Mother is a family therapist and father is a college professor (whatever colleges happen to be near the town we end up choosing for v5). Girl scout, lesbian or bisexual, cheerful and cute as a button. From a big family and friendly, though shy around adults or intimidating people. Her mother is into crystal healing and energy healing which Michelle scoffs at, making her very "FOR SCIENCE!". Sort of nerdy in a Sci-Fi and comic book sort of way (Big fan of Asimov, Heinlein, Superman comics and Star Trek) but generally pleasant and very kind. On the swim team and hopes to be an Emergency Medical Technician.

Amaranta "Mara" Montalvo:

5'4'' and 120 pounds. Latina with red/brownish skin and dark dark, almost black eyes. Shiny black hair cut into a fashionable asymmetrical bob and curvaceous body type.

Beauty pageant rich girl with some sort of student government position. Ambitious and motivated, but ruthless. Vain, jealous and smart, though she constantly underestimates the people around her. Hopes to be a lawyer and take over her father's lucrative company. She's not overly antagonistic, not yet at bully status but she's definitely one to talk behind people's backs. Slightly homophobic and racist though she mostly keeps that in, not verbalizing it much.

Paris Arden

Er, longish black wavy hair and tan skin with dark eyes. Handsome.

Attractive guy who's decently smart though not a genius or anything. He's an acoustic guitar douche bag who brings it everywhere. Way into his music. Very religious and will sometimes use his charm and looks to trick girls into coming out with him when it's really an hour long talk about trying to convert them. Frowns very strongly on promiscuous students, drug use and drinking. Self-righteous is this dude's middle name but he's also selfish and will use his looks and fast talking to get what he wants.

Would love some interactions with both since I sortta came in the tail end of pregame last time.
Edited by Ruggahissy, May 9 2011, 03:31 AM.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Kitten Michelle's on swim team so while they might not be friends, they might know each other at least. She might be friends with Kenneth since they are both into comic books. : )

@langit I sorttta want my Mara to be one of those popular girls so if you need help or something (figuring out what it was that caused Felicia to fall so far from her high status) I'd be willing to help and stuff!
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We get critiques? Oh man, I want some.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Issac looks pretty good. You've got a reason for his bad behavior and a pretty classic rich kid template that I like. This thread's just for bare bones stuff so you'll get a chance to flesh him out later fer sure. As is he looks like a winnar.

I gots a rich little miss who might see him as someone with raw potential with his money and looks if you want some interaction with a fussy pageant girl.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*I poke mah head in*

Teamsleep: I echo what the others say. Alienation and detachment are def things that happen to highschoolers and that sense of being lost and unable to really connect with the people around her could make for a good read. If you build the ground work for island insanity and do a good job, it can turn out nicely. Just make sure there's a logical progression and reasoning for the way she feels : )

Locobrojoe: I like all your people. Seem like a good roster of everyday kids
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello Aura Master Fox and welcome to Survival of the Fittest! By entering you agree not to sue from any damages incurred within and agree that we are not liable for anything that may happen! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Anywho, I'm Ruggahissy and don't listen if people say things about me. I'm normal. All the way. If you'll look to your left you will see my secretly inappropriate avatar but if you look ABOVE that you will notice my name is BLUE. This is because I killed one of the mods and became a mod in their place. If you'd like help with anything, the Moderators and Administrators are the ones to ask. But enough welcome stuff, let's take a look at your kids to give you a helping hand before critiques actually staaaaaaaaaaaart.

Matt: Matt looks pretty good but the main problem here is his height. I've looked it up a little and most of the record holding tallest teenagers top out at 6'9'' with one more recent one at 7'5'' and that's due to a broken 12th chromosome. He has tons of problems walking and can't really jump or run due to the genetic whoopsy daisy. What I'm saying is that you should take him down a little in the height department. A kid can still be super tall and picked on somewhat at 6'5'' which is pretty much a giant among average kids.

Another note: Make sure to work in his construction work reasonably, maybe through a school work program or something of the like. Maybe not doing hard core construction but doing smaller work at a construction company.

Adonis: I like that you have a bully because here at SOTF we tend to have a bunch of loners who were bullied and like, a few bullies in the whole school who must be working super overtime. Just watch out that whatever he does as a bully is followed to it's logical conclusion. On the down low bullying like name calling and spit ball throwing is okay but major fighting is likely to get him suspended or expelled. Also I'm not 100% on this but I think threatening a ref once is enough to get him kicked off.

Stacey: I've got a pageant girl too! I look forward to the awesome cat fight that will ensue : ) . One boyfriend a week is a tad bit extreme though. Maybe she switches every few months which is a little more the norm for a highschool girl. It would also be cool to browse the concepts and see if you can get anyone who'd agree to name a character as an ex to back her up.

For a first effort, it's not bad at all and I think with the tweaks you'll be a-okay. Feel free to bug any of the colory name people if you have any questions and again, welcome welcome!

things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I will collect all the new people.

Hello Fayth and welcome to Survival of the Fittest! Do not ride the Survival of the Fittest if you have back, neck or heart problems or if you are more than three months pregnant. Please keep your body inside the Survival of the Fittest at all times. Por favor, cuida su cuerpo adentro del Survival of the Fittest a todos tiempos. I am Ruggahissy and I will be your operator today. Please pull down the safety bar and we'll begin:

Jamie O'Keefe: I think this is a good base of a character. She seems like a normal girl and I like that she's got some depth in the form of hypocritical snob parents while being a nice, sort of gentle person herself. Flesh her out when the time comes and I think she'll be a cool girl to watch.

MAX POWERS: This reminds me of an old episode of the Simpsons where Homer picked a new name at a whim because there was a hair dryer called Max Power (like, the hair dryer had maximum amount of drying power). It's a little silly. I did some research on name changes in the state of Washington ( v5 is in Seattle) and it's only $100 and some paper work to change a name once you're 18 so he COULD do it but.....why would he? Also even if he's 18 he still lives with his parents who I figure would say something about it. I think he could be just the same ladies man as Sandy Williams :$ . That bein' said we've got no problem with man whores, I mean, boys whore it up as well, but I'm a tiny bit concerned at the sugar moma/daddy comment. Please make sure Max/Sandy doesn't actually go into prostitution because that leads to all kinds of problems. I think it's actually super cool that he wants to be in the circus and has a solid plan for his circus future. I like that : )

Right. That's the end of the ride. Exit in an orderly fashion and enjoy the rest of your stay. And as always, if you need help or would like to complain that you were made uncomfortable by that blushy face I used, feel free to contact the moderators or administrators!
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply