Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,156 Views)
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Heeere we go.

Posted Image

Winston Evans: "Too tall to be average, too average to be tall" (5'10" or thereabouts) brunette, brown-eyed. British (reason for moving tbd depending on where the new school is, exactly) and too gay to function. Quite popular, quite catty, kind of a cocky bastard when it comes down to it. Loves to party but generally puts his schoolwork first. Falls deeply in crushes very very quickly but cannot maintain a relationship for more than a month. Is passionate about reading, writing and gay rights. His parents aren't exactly supportive but his older brother very much is. Is a dedicated little monster.

Posted Image

Alyssa "Cap'n Allie" Harper: 5'2", blonde, green-eyed- however, due to a childhood car accident the pupil of her right eye is completely blown out, causing her right eye to appear brown (think David Bowie). Since she was a kid she's worn an eyepatch over that eye as the accident also left it completely blind, and the other kids immediately took to referring to her as the Captain or Captain Allie, which stuck and which she adores. Took up fencing as an extension of her fascination with pirates. Loves sci-fi and especially Doctor Who. Is generally very energetic, cheerful and optimistic at all times and is fairly popular without actually being part of the popular crowd.

Posted Image

Aidan Jacoby: A 6'4" skeleton of an Irish boy, with natural red hair dyed black and blue. Is, how you say, kind of a dick- particularly he's quite xenophobic. Is a degenerate smoker, drinker, partier, etc, and might be into some slightly harder substances (depends on what I can get away with, really). Sings lead in a rock band and has some legitimate talent behind all the assholery. Is very full of himself and thinks he's God's gift to women, which is only strengthened by the fact that he does get a lot of girls. Has a few close friends who like him despite his attitude. Spends most of his time intoxicated, playing video games or watching old cartoons.

Posted Image

Chitose Sakubara: A 5'7" Japanese girl with bright pink bangs. Spent the first few years of her life in Japan and speaks the language fluently. Is an avid survivalist and knows exactly what one should do in case of an emergency, particularly when it comes to zombie invasion. Loves hiking and camping. Also loves fantasy novels- her ideal night would be spent in a tent in the deep woods with a few long books. Knows quite a bit about weapons (result of the whole zombie invasion thing) but has never actually used any. Is a bit of a spacey, easily distracted individual and tends to withdraw from social situations to read instead. Has few friends.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@ Rocky: I have a shitton of friends who've been in and out of rehab (NYC holla!), so if you need any real life experiences to help out with the character, I've got you. xD

@ Outfoxd: Little monster = obsessive Lady Gaga fan. Winston is a fairly direct insert of my best friend (also the basis of Hayley's Johnny DeLuca), except much more English. So I should really talk to him about it. xD It's mostly just an observation I've made about him, the crush thing. Oh, and on Allie: I don't see her really acting like a pirate. Waistcoats and shit, definitely, but she's mostly a happy-go-lucky kid with an odd obsession that her friends are basically used to and amused by.

Oh, and @ le mods, and everyone really: How far can I go with Aidan's drug use? I figure if we've got a character that's been in rehab, I should be good with him, but it really depends on the location- I want him to be a bit of a cokehead, but I've gathered that teenagers on coke really aren't that common in other places. Here in my darling NYC they are freakin' EVERYWHERE. Like, I know at least ten kids who use cocaine regularly. But I can dial him back if ya'll think it's unrealistic.

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I would love critiques. Critiques are sexy.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
CONCEPT UPDATE TIME WOO

Okay Winston is much the same, super gay English boy who loves gossip, Lady Gaga and getting straight As all the time. But Aidan and Chitose have changed quite a bit, so:

Aidan is still a pretty Irish womanizing prick, it is true. Still plays in a band, still best bros with James Ford, still a track runner, all of that. I took the drugs out of his concept for the most part (still drinks, still smokes weed sometimes, but that's the extent of it) though he still has grandiose dreams of rock stardom. However he is now also a closet dork. Well not entirely closet- he is a huge Homestucker (as introduced to him by Ford) and is entirely open about that. But he also belongs to a traditional roleplaying community online, known by his chumtag leonianLibertine, where he has a rather big crush on a fellow forumite. Who, unbeknownst to him, happens to go to his school. Yeah.

Chitose on the other hand, I'm going a lot further with the Luna Lovegood-esque aspects of her personality and toning back the stereotypical shyness and meekness. She's still relatively quiet, unless she has something to say, but in general she's a bit more outgoing and friendly. She's simply considered odd and often talks about things other people don't understand. She has a lot of knowledge about odd things that she'll bring up in an appropriate moment. Overall she loves to learn and she especially loves new things, so she'll try most anything once just to say she's experienced it. She's prone to being very unpredictable because of this. She's still a gamer, a survivalist, and fond of anime, so that's all the same, and her oddness means she has relatively few friends, though she is kind to everyone and the friends she does have come from all parts of the school.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
it is almost 3 AM and I am dangerously mentally unstable right now as anyone who stays up too late generally is so I'm not going to try reviewing anyone else's stuff because I will probably start criticizing my hallucinations

but apparently this is a great time to ask if the changes I made to my flagship are any good!! yay my life

So anyway Aidan Flynn is more or less definitely my flagship. His original personality was outlined like way back somewhere that I'm too lazy to find but basically he was an attractive womanizing jerkass who runs track and sings in a band and does drugs and is a big jerkfaced jerkass jerk. But then I got bored with that and also I realized in my head I was writing him pretty much as Hayley Kelly only straight and with a penis. So yeah changes abound.

I kinda outlined them in my looking-for-relationship thread but basically- his jerkassness is still a thing, but only on the outside. Basically he was teased a lot in his early adolescence (like, junior high) and built this false personality as a sort of protective shell. I'm still working on what exactly he was teased for- I always pictured him as kind of a brat at that age but I feel like being teased for being a brat wouldn't make him...become more of a brat to defend himself. Anyway, deep down he's quite idealistic and romantic. Wants to be that prince on a white horse, you know? And yeah, he gets plenty of girls, but he always ends up leaving them, because he knows they want him as Aidan Flynn, Asshole Extraordinare, not as the dorky nice guy he actually is deep down. His best friend, James Ford, is the one person who knows basically everything about him, having known him pretty much for forever. They have the raddest of bromances.

Also he is a massive closet dork and plays WoW and does online RPs and his friends online ~*understand him*~. His IRL friends don't so much. Though his friends might see glimpses of his true personality, most of them like him as AFAE as I'm totally referring to Aidan Flynn, Asshole Extraordinare from now on, and so he just kind of...performs.

It's kind of a shitty life. It's amazing he hasn't grown cynical from it, but he just can't. He's too ~*pure at heart*~. Ignoring all the sex that he has/feels guilty about.

And yeah I dropped the drug aspect for obvious reasons. Still sings lead in a band though. And does track.

So yeah, thoughts? :3

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply