Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,053 Views)
Chib
Member Avatar
Oh my god you guys The Riz killed Cara what do!?
[ *  *  * ]
I only have two properly good ideas, and even they're not fully formed yet. But these are they, and the second one may need a lot of backstory interaction with other characters to function right. So yeah, putting him in here's probably a good idea.

Riley Moon:
Posted Image
Definitely local to wherever her school is. Of indeterminate Caucasian ancestry, occasionally tries to trace where her unusual surname came from, and by extension has a mild interest in name etymology (and by extension of this, disdains how most cultures have stopped caring what they mean). Very outspoken, often brutally honest, not afraid to voice unpopular opinions (often on awkward subjects, too), and probably has mutual animosity with more than a few people, as well as a small but close group of a few like-minded friends. Either writes for the school paper, or an independent publication (depending on how much she can get away with in the former), possibly has a few Trespassing and/or Breaking and Entering charges to her name as a result of "investigative journalism" (depending on how much can be gotten away with without dramatic consequences, really). As an extension of the journalism part, into writing and photography in general, reads a lot of classic literature. Kind of oblivious when it comes to film and TV. Average, academia-wise, good at languages and literature, alright at most other subjects, pretty terrible at sports. Dyes her hair a lot. Possibly a decent artist. Might roleplay and/or cosplay.

James "Ford" Ford:
Posted Image
Shameless theatre fanatic. Tall and devilishly handsome - Italian heritage somewhere along the line, Mediterranean skin, black hair, hazel eyes, etc... - and very aware of it. Somewhat vain, but only to the extent that he makes a point of looking good whenever possible. Very confident socially, has something of an air of authority and leads well. Aspires to work in musical theatre, has already put on at least one successful (depending on how much in-character networking I can manage before the pregame) production semi-independently - which is to say, with financial contribution from the school, but by and large left to his own devices. Probably plays (Association) football in his spare time. Clever but not exactly smart, gets above-average grades but rarely As. Bursts into song every so often, particularly when provoked with something close to a lyric, but actually has a good singing voice. Ironically prefers to work backstage, not due to getting nervous in front of an audience, but because he gets awkward when inevitably praised afterwards. Probably sought after by the ladies, but tends to be quite conservative with regards to relationships. May or may not refer to himself as a lesbian due to his occasional girly tendencies. Looks good in a suit and tie. Watches a lot of films, not so big on TV.

Edit: With regards to the above, if anyone has a theatrical type that would've been in Ford's (you must all call him Ford) show(s?), feel free to make insanely ahead-of-time plans with me. The show itself, what they did either on- or back-stage, the inside jokes that developed in rehearsals, failed auditions, whatever. This could be awesome.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy

The Past
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chib
Member Avatar
Oh my god you guys The Riz killed Cara what do!?
[ *  *  * ]
BetaKnight
May 23 2011, 11:24 PM
D/N
May 23 2011, 02:27 PM
Just a couple observations.

1) Yes, there are already way too many bands/musicians being thought up.

2) That doesn't mean we should work the entire v5 school around that. This is the CONCEPT thread. Half these students won't make it to pregame, let alone v5. Anyone remember the ten million drama students and great drama program and big school play that Bayview was supposed to have?
While I am normally one of our more vocal complainers about trends that seem to get out of control, I don't see any issue with the bands/musicians. Personally, at my high school's talent show, we had a full ten bands competing. Some schools just run high in the music department.

And on the failed drama production of v4, that wasn't staff run and handler interest petered out. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It just means that people who are interested in things like that for v5 probably need to do more group planning and implementation in order to get something like that off the ground instead of just going "ooooh, it would be cool if...."
With regards to this, I am still looking for;
a) People to have been involved in a past production, namely Les Misérables
b) Ideas/genuine interest in there being another in the works during pre-game, either to go on stage as some kind of event or be cut short by the game itself. Probably another musical, given Ford's proclivities, but all suggestions are welcome.

If it was due to a lack of interest last time... well, there's clearly a huge interest in having dramatically inclined students this time around, so... yeah. We can and should do this thing. Or Ford will be disappointed in you all, in spite of the fourth wall.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy

The Past
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply