Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,767 Views)
Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yay, character concepts!

One thing I should probably note though is that I have a tendency to change my mind whenever I come up with a concept idea which I prefer over the ones I've already got. Heck, one of the characters I had in that V5 Concept list I have in my signature at the moment has a good chance of being swapped with another one.

But for now, heres my current concept list (Thats still very much a WIP):

Brian Zhdanovich: This is an old one I came up with a couple of months before the start of V4, who until very recently I'd more or less completely forgotten about. He's basically a Russian immigrant whose father moved to America when he was around six-ish; who in recent years has began to become somewhat anti-authoritarian and freely expresses his distaste in the government. However, despite his rebellious nature, he's a laid back and generally nice guy who likes nothing better than to hang out with friends and play bowling once in a while. He also happens to think of himself as something of a ladies' man, although quite recently he's come to terms with the fact that he's actually bisexual.

Abridged Version: An easygoing Russian immigrant with a rebellious streak.

Ruby Forrester: A liberal-minded tomboy with a keen interest in theatre and acting, although more often than not she finds herself working behind the scenes as a lighting technician than on the stage itself. She may or may not also play the electric guitar as well, although I haven't made my mind about that seeing as there already seems to be a lot of musicians. Personality wise, she can come across as being cynical and sarcastic at times, but for the most part she's an inherently good person who'd never go out of her way to be intentionally mean to anyone (Although she does have the odd bitchy moment now and again). Oh, and she's also a lesbian. Bet none of you saw that coming a mile off, did you? (Also, for planning purposes, it might be worth mentioning that I'm intending on her being in a committed relationship before and during the game. So if anyone else has a concept in need of a partner, feel free to PM)

Abridged Version: A sarcastic tomboy who dreams of being on the stage despite her tendency to work behind the scenes.

Jenna Rhodes: The proud daughter of an African-American police officer and an Iranian lawyer, as a result Jenna grew up to become a much more law-abiding and conservative student then my previously mentioned concepts. Thanks to her father's influence, not to mention the many crime novels she's read over the years, she wishes to someday grow up to become a detective and solve crimes like her father. That being said, she also happens to be a very kind and polite person who manages to get along with most of her classmates, even those whose behaviour might come across as being a little too anti-authoritarian for her liking. However, she also has a very black-and-white view on morality, believing without exception that there are only two kinds of people in the world: good people and bad people.

Abridged Version: A law-abiding student who dreams of becoming a detective.

Donovan White: A very overweight loner who spends far too much time stuck in his room behind a computer screen, Donovan is pretty much the perfect example of the worst kind of Internet user you can imagine. He's crass, foul mouthed, dirty minded and a generally unrepentant jackass who doesn't care about anyone but himself. To make matters worse, his obsession with death metal has effected his fashion sense, leading him to dye his greasy long hair black alongside applying purple lipstick and guyliner. His nihilistic outlook on life and apathetic attitude towards schoolwork has earned him virtually zero friends at school, and even online he tends to get himself banned from most of the forums he joins due to repeatedly coming across as a total bastard. The only thing he seems to be genuinely good at are online games like Counter-Strike and Call of Duty, although he also happens to have a talent for writing disturbing fanfiction

Abridged Version: A self-centered jerk who wastes far too much time searching the net.

And... Yeah, thats about it so far. I have a ton of others that i'm saving for the minis, and plenty of ideas that i've outright abandoned (Which includes the son of a pair of neo-nazis and a Half-Japanese genki girl)
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
I guess I wouldn't mind some critiques of my concepts either...
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Decoy: He's going to be pretty darn aware that he's not popular, definitely. Nor would he particularly care in the slightest. :P

@Inky: True, but I was thinking that seeing as my other three characters are relatively popular, it'd be interesting to have a complete outcast to balance it out. Besides, everyone loves loners, right?

...Right?

V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just wondering... Seeing as this thread is partially about planning our characters and stuff, would it be too early to start sorting out relationships and friendships? Or should we just wait until V5 actually comes around before sorting out stuff like that, seeing as we can all easily change out minds by that point?
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Seeing as it's been a while since I originally posted them, I think it's about time I updated my character concepts. Including useless info such as interests, religion, political standpoint etc...

This time, with pictures! 8D

Posted Image

Name: Brian Zdhanovich.
Ethnicity: Russian-American
Interests: Bowling, hanging out with friends, track and field, soccer, rock music, smoking marijuana.
Personality: Optimistic, Friendly, Passionate, Extroverted, Careless, Impulsive, Flirtatious, Rebellious.
Religion: Agnostic.
Political standpoint: Anarchist.
Orientation: Bisexual (With a preference for women)
Appearance: Stands at around 5'11-ish, good build from playing sports, toned body, quite attractive, fairly narrow face, aquiline nose, a small goatee, black hair and thick eyebrows. Wears an old black leather jacket over a maroon shirt, dark blue jeans and black trainers.
Brief History: Born in a small town called Peaceful Valley, parents were both Russian-born immigrants who had moved to America shortly after the fall of the Berlin wall, mother died in an accident when he was five years old, four years later he and his father moved south to Seattle, whilst there he made an abundance of friends and acquaintances, his best friend was a girl called Ruby Forrester who he eventually asked to become his girlfriend, they dated until they were 16 and it became clear that Ruby didn't feel the same way towards him that he felt towards her, at the same time he also finally came to terms with his bisexuality and shortly after breaking up with Ruby he ended up dating a boy he knew for two weeks before he had to move away, after which Brian hasn't dated anyone for longer than a week or so.
Friends/Aquaintances/Relationships: Being a reasonably popular person, Brian has a handful of friends and acquaintances whom he hangs out with. Some of whom may be members of the track & field and soccer teams. He also has a string of ex's, most of whom he'd of only dated for around a week or so before his careless nature winds up getting the better of him. Note: these aren't necessarily people he's slept with. Most of them would have simply been people whom he's gone on one or two dates before being dumped/dumping the other person, although a small majority of them are straightforward one night stands.

I'll post the others later, but for now I've just got details relating to Brian written up. I've only covered the basics with this mini-profile, and the actual profile will cover the ones mentioned (and more!) in much greater detail. This is just to give a much better idea of the character then the short paragraph I wrote ages ago.

If anyone is interested in sorting out relationship thingies, feel free to send me a PM.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Bearded One
Jul 28 2011, 09:02 PM
"Brian Zhdanovic - The Russian Rebel" looks like a perfect person to be friends with my "Lenny Nast proto-stand-up comic" concept. Lenny's friendships tend not to be deep, but he enjoys making people laugh, mostly by doing silly voices & impressions, as well as observational humor.
Yeah, that sounds like it could work. :D
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Alrighty, now here's Ruby!

Posted Image

Full Name: Ruby Forrester.
Ethnicity: Scottish-American (Born in America, descendants immigrated from Scotland during the 1800's)
Interests: Acting, rock music (especially alternative and grunge), watching good movies, theatre, singing, casual gaming.
Personality: Sceptical, Sarcastic, Level-Headed, Rational, Determined, Amiable.
Religion: Atheist.
Political standpoint: Liberal.
Orientation: Lesbian.
Appearance: Stands at 5'6, medium build, slightly above-average weight, attractive, green eyes, short pixie-cut hairstyle, natural hair color is dark brown but often experiments by dying it different colours every now and again, striking eyebrows, small nose, full lips, wide waist, generous bust. Often wears a black t-shirt, faded jeans, white trainers and a red leather jacket.
Brief History: Lived in Seattle ever since she was born, father is a failed Grunge musician turned record store manager, mother looks after the house, has a younger brother called Nathan, grew up unsure of which direction she should be heading in life, ultimately decided to focus her studies towards a career as an actor, became friends with Brian Zhdanovich in 6th Grade, eventually became an item at his insistence, never truly felt the same way towards Brian that he felt towards her, eventually broke up with Brian but continued to stay friends, finally came to terms with her sexuality shortly after splitting up with Brian, but has yet to publicly admit it to anyone other then Brian and her girlfriend.
Friends/Aquaintances: Having lived in Seattle all her life, Ruby has an abundance of friends whom she's grown up alongside. Whilst she generally gets along with most people, she particularly gets along with the Music and Theatre crowd. She also tends to get along well with fellow movie buffs and gamers, but tends to dislike people who come across as being snobbish and egotistical. Also, seeing as Brian is more-or-less her best friend, she tends to get along well with people who he gets along well with. Has no past ex's other then Brian, and she's already got a girlfriend, so no current/past intimate relationships.

And, that's my second character done. Anyone think their characters will get along with Ruby? (After I've finished Jenna, I'll probably move this and Brian's mini-profile-thingey to a separate thread to sort out relationships properly.)
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Slayer
Aug 8 2011, 08:56 PM
Why does she have no ears? :|
...Whoops, my bad.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply