Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,048 Views)
Rocky
Member Avatar
They see me walking, they hating
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
well, since everyone else is doing it, I figured I'll give this a go : P

Angelica Miller - Originally a scrapped v4 concept, I've since (lost her profile) reworked the character a few times into something I like. This concept really only works if the kids are seniors, so if they're not then I probably won't use this one. A former party girl and drug addict, Angelica is trying to turn her life around after suffering an overdose at a party about halfway through second semester of grade 11. After recovering, she spends the remainder of the semester and summer in a rehabilitation centre, being released shortly before the start of grade 12.

A few things I'm toying with this character revolves mostly around her schooling. I know that there are alternative education systems out there, but what I'm not sure about is if such a rehab program would exist wherein the patients can work on any schooling they might miss while in rehab. This is something I'm going to look into more, since it would be a good way for Angelica to be able to keep herself at the required level needed to be able to still graduate at the end of the year. Also from the vague timeline in my head she would be in rehab for about 6-8 months, and I'm not sure if that would actually be enough time for her to recover sufficiently to be released and allowed to return to a normal school system. So any help in regards to any of that information would be awesome : P

[name removed for safety reasons]- May or may not use depending on what the demographic looks like in the v5 school. In short: a blatant insert of one of my old friends. She's a lesbian Korean photographer.

that's all I have for now, if I have anymore then I'll definately post them as I think of them.
Edited by Rocky, Sep 17 2011, 12:20 AM.
G068 Chan, Yuan Stephanie
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm actually coming up with a concept of an elitist musician snob who looks down on all the so called "bands" floating around in the school, I'll probably post more as I come up with more. Either way it'd be cool to have a sort of rivalry/hatedom between the classic vs. rock bands or something like that.

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
New Concept time!

April Wattana - April is of mixed Japanese/Thai/Caucasian heritage, with her last name coming from her Thai grandfather. She is a very avid dancer, having taken dance lessons as a child until the age of 10. After she stopped taking lessons, she continued to teach herself to dance, borrowing bits and pieces from various styles of dance, though her overall style is very much based in Hip Hop and Breaking. At around age 14 she began to do street performances, either solo or with another group of dancers. She is locally known for being a skilled dancer, though she has yet to experience any significant recognition beyond this.

April is also a political activist, and uses what little money she makes dancing to help fund rallies and protests in the city. She also writes a blog and occasionally uploads videos onto youtube stating her thoughts and opinions on various things. Neither are overly successful, with only a small handful of dedicated followers, generally her friends.
---

Okay, so now that that's over with, I'm looking for a few things to go with this character. Namely, a small group of people (no more than 3-4) to form a dance crew with April. They probably won't be doing much actual dancing in pregame, but they would probably be fairly close friends with each other. On the flip side, she'd also need some friends on the activist side of her life, who she can plan and organize rallies and whatnot with. Also some enemies in both the dance and activism scenes would be interesting as well.

Obviously there's going to be more to this character when she's fully written, but for now thoughts and comments would be appreciated ^.^

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
To go with the above concept~

Jae-Hwa "Anne" Lee

A first generation American of Korean descent. Jae-Hwa, or Anne as she is known in school, is the co-leader/second in command of NullHypothesis, a local gang which is lead by Dae-Jung "Ernest" Ho.

Jae-Hwa is the eldest child of five, and lived with her parents, four younger siblings, and her grandparents on her father's side. The house she has lived in since she was born is barely enough to accommodate everyone who lives in it, and has always shared a room with the second eldest child. Jae-Hwa has come to slightly resent this set-up, and spent as much time as she can away from her house. When she turned 16 she moved out and began to live with Dae-Jung and his family.

Jae-Hwa and Dae-Jung have known each other since the two were in middle school, quickly becoming friends. Having never learned from his parents, Jae-Hwa soon became Dae-Jung's Korean teacher, and in return he gave her help in various subjects she struggled with like math. The two became quite close, and during the summer before they began high school, the two became romantically involved.

Jae-Hwa is an artistic individual, though her main aspirations lie in photography. She is also a fairly avid gamer, playing mostly fighting games, and has even won the occasional local tournament. Recently she has begun to learn to play the piano. Jae-Hwa also has a large collection of mostly ornamental knives, which adorn her wall. She has a particular fascination with butterfly knives, and she is rarely without one at any point in her day to day life.

Jae-Hwa mostly hangs out with the other members of NullHypothesis, especially with the leader, with whom she is romantically involved. She is a bit of a party girl, and a moderate drinker, though not to the point of dependency or addiction.
----
yeah, basically what she said ^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply