Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,706 Views)
Tagabasa
Member Avatar
The Killable One
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image
HARVEY NOVAK:
An energetic young man, standing around 5'8" with a medium frame. He's an avid programmer; in fact, computer science is one of the only classes he does really well in. In general, he is a straight B student, with the A in Programming. Harvey is generally well liked, although he doesn't quite fit in with the popular crowd. He plays soccer, but isn't extremely talented at it. Harvey's real love of astronomy. He's wanted to be an astronaut ever since he was a little kid, and although he's given up on that, he still wants to do something with the stars. He looks at maps of the night sky in the northern and southern hemispheres for fun, which makes him come off as a little odd. Despite this, he has a fairly large amount of friends, as he never seems to be anything but supportive to others. Harvey can be a little scatter-brained, but he does try to look out for other people. He will remember tiny details years into the future, but will forget something you told him to do ten minutes ago.

Posted Image
CASEY MALKOVICH:
A slight girl (around 5'3") of mixed Polish and Thai descent. Casey used to be a very nervous person with a penchant for secrecy (refusing to tell people what books or TV shows she liked, for one thing). Because of this, her peers saw her as odd, and Casey retreated to the internet for companionship. During her freshman year, she joined a steampunk fan-group and roleplay site, The Stewards of Anagear, and started to find acceptance there. With their support, she became much more outgoing and has gained a decent group of friends. She's really into craftsmanship, jewelry making, how electronics work, tech crew for the school musical, and working with fabric. She's intelligent enough to do well in school, but tends not to do her homework and generally underachieves. Casey used to be on an academic trivia team, but quit after she heard her teammates making fun of people outside of the top 5% of the class. She's a little introverted and can be blunt, but she will never talk about you behind your back.

((Also, I think the steampunk jokes originated from this concept. I regret nothing))

Posted Image
MIA LONG:
Mia Long is a Caucasian girl standing around 5'6", with medium-length brown hair almost always pulled back in a ponytail. Simply put, singing is Mia's life. She always had a talent for it; Mia would sing the national anthem at many of her elementary and middle school's sporting events. She loves every kind of music; pop, classic rock, other rock, grunge, screamo, musical theater, opera, rap, indie, folk...you name it, she knows it. Mia does some acting so she can have parts in the school's musicals, but she really only cares about the singing. Her dream school is the Curtis Institute of Music, and although her chances of getting in there are extremely slim, Mia tries very hard. She's an eternal optimist; nothing can bring her down. She hangs out with the popular crowd, the drama kids, and anyone else that will sit with her. She seems a bit naive, but Mia is determined to live on the bright side of life, no matter what it takes. Her grades are nothing special. Mia isn't interested in being in a band; she wants to be a opera singer or someone on Broadway, and she doesn't write her own music.

Poor Rishabh is left out, because I see the cap being lowered. I'll re-amp him for Mini.
Also, guys? I don't care who you are, I want to roleplay with you! Drop me a PM if you want to do some very early planning for v5 (I got a lot of plans for my folk already).
Edited by Tagabasa, Aug 3 2011, 04:53 PM.
Version 4 Character:
Simon Fletcher (B104): Dead at The Sawmill

Version 5 Character:
Casey Malkovich (G037): Dead at The Farmhouse

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tagabasa
Member Avatar
The Killable One
[ *  *  * ]
Ho di hi, hi di ho!

@Xylophone:
Phoebe seems to be very well thought-out character. It'll be cool to hear more about her. Also, I really like Ava's idea. If you play her realistically, I think her motives and determination could definitely be well founded and explained. And her starting a rugby team with intimidation is awesome; that's actually how my school got ours. She might be a little more difficult to get approved, but she could be a great character.

@Outfoxed:
Both your guys seem quite thought out for mini-profiles. I like how Paulo's motivations are explained well. I'd like to hear more about him. As for Leona, I quite like her concept. She reminded me of Odlie from TV at first, but her personality seems a lot different. I'd like to know more about her other interests; she seems like she'd be really fun to read.

@Stark:
I think Matt's concept is great; he seems exactly like this one boy I know. I'd love to see more of him come pre-game and v4, as well as more about his relationship with his brother. Does Matt know about Tim's fondness for SotF (for that matter, do their parents?)? If so, how does he feel about it?
Tim and Junko seem pretty cool too. It'll be fun to see what happens to them. ;)

@Goose:
Chuck sounds like he has a lot of potential. I dunno, as someone who's really fond of characters that seem average/"normal" at first glance, I think it will be cool to see how he develops.
Micheal: I like him so far, but I wonder what his other interests are (besides women and guitar), since there seem to be a few dickish musician guys with flirty streaks now (it's the same problem it looks like I'm going to have with Mia; there's a ton of musical kid concepts here).
I absolutely love Kiziah's concept. She seems like she would be a blast to read, and a really neat character.

@LittleBoy:
I like how Neil seems to be coming together. If done well (and I know you'll write him amazingly), I like his balance of positive and negitive traits.
I really feel sorry for Os, poor guy. I'd like to hear more about his hobbies, interests and stuff; he's very interesting.
Hey, a chick! She looks pretty cool, I think.
I'm very interested in Dillon's school life. Does he wear his face paint to school, and if so does the administration have a problem with him? Do his parents support his interests or politely try to steer him other directions?
Version 4 Character:

Version 5 Character:

Tagabasa
Member Avatar
The Killable One
[ *  *  * ]
@langit: Personally, I think the blog post is a great idea. I can see a lot of people getting on her case for that.
Version 4 Character:

Version 5 Character:

Tagabasa
Member Avatar
The Killable One
[ *  *  * ]
As would I (if you can, of course).
Version 4 Character:

Version 5 Character:

Tagabasa
Member Avatar
The Killable One
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks Ricky! I should clarify that Casey isn't in the top 5% of her class; she was annoyed by the other kids judging people on their class ranks and assuming everyone without grades as good as theirs were idiots. They just assumed Casey got better grades than she did. And yeah, Mia doesn't have all her mico details sorted out yet, but she's going to be fun~

@Flare:
I like Jack; he seems to be a realistic character (which is to be expected if he's a self-insert, though). Self-inserts are apparently both hard and easy (I don't know; I've never written one. I just give a part of myself to everyone), so it's defiantly a good thing to try. And a two-toned personality is good; I only know a few kids who act the same all the time.
I don't know that much about Bianca yet, but she sounds like a good concept. I'd like to see her in action.
I don't know about Max yet. I'd definitely love to hate him, but it'll more cool there's some unexpected par to his personality.

Version 4 Character:

Version 5 Character:

Tagabasa
Member Avatar
The Killable One
[ *  *  * ]
Sean
Sep 18 2011, 07:39 PM
For the love of god, do not give one of your characters the last name Roxas, that's like naming her Lyn Sephiroth. I get that it's a legitimate Tagalog surname but it's also the name of a Kingdom Hearts character with a lot of fangirls.
Like you said, it's a legitimate surname. Sephiroth is not. Roxas is the surname of a former President of the Philippines, and I happen to know a Roxas family despite living in a town with a tiny, tiny Filipino population. I don't see the problem.
Version 4 Character:

Version 5 Character:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply