Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,713 Views)
ifnotwinter
Member Avatar
half Iago, half Fu Manchu, all bastard
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
not at all having to do with gender issues laaaaa~

Rory Barton is the kid who always got 'should try harder' on his report cards because he didn't see school as mattering quite as much as his first love - riding. With parents who own an upper level eventing barn, he was born into the life equine and took to it like a duck to water. Who has time for homework when you've got stalls to muck out, waters to clean and refill, pastures to walk, horses to exercise? Who's going to study History when they could be working on getting that perfect line to a 3'6 oxer or really nailing that extended trot? For most of his life Rory coasted in school and lived at the barn, his 'girlfriend' a 17.1 hand Warmblood gelding named Beau Soliel.

Until a single bad decision made in the frantic half-second before a jump left Rory with a broken back and Sol with career-ending injuries. Now four years later, nineteen and completing his final year of school, Rory is haunted by the memory of the accident and the continuing reminder of how he fucked up, destroying the life of one athlete and almost destroying his own. Struggling to find ways to apply the discipline he's known his whole life to schoolwork in order to graduate and make it into university, he still works at the barn but no longer competes, riding only the youngest and greenest horses, ones whose faults he can blame on them and not himself. The formally confident young man whose slightly dreamy, preoccupied state attracted the eyes of more than a couple girls is now a shy and anxiety-prone loner who doesn't understand how he can ever make up for what it is he did - and won't make decisions for fear of the consequences. For four years he has drowned himself in guilt and been unable to move on.

And then he goes on the class trip...

marc st. yves
light it up or burn it down we'll all die in fire
{food for thought}

phineas rosario
fall down seven times stand up eight

sebastian conway
can't see the forest for the trees
{book of sparrows}

(so you've got to keep in mind, when you try to change the world for the better not everybody's gonna be on your side)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ifnotwinter
Member Avatar
half Iago, half Fu Manchu, all bastard
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

HAHAHA I WOULD LOVE IT IF HIS HORSE CAME TO HIM IN A HALLUCINATION AND TOLD HIM TO KILL PEOPLE. except it would mostly just hang around in a hallucinatory fashion and probably try to chew on his sleeve or get all panicked at gunfire and run into trees or be like "FEEEEEED ME I MEAN KILL PEOPLE? I GUESS? I WANT TREATS FIRST."

but thanks darlin! I really wanted it to have been an animal injured rather than a person because it lends a certain air to it - animals don't understand our concepts of guilt or forgiveness - and that's the big part of what's chewing him up inside, how he messed up this horse's life and the horse, now that it's recovered enough not to feel pain and is content in retirement, couldn't care less - which is what's actually making him feel even MORE guilty, like he deserves to be punished and isn't getting it. He's a little psychologically bizarre, but he's in NO way gonna be a player. been there, got the t-shirt, never doing it again xD

for you and the other people who asked - he fractured vertebrae in his lower spine and damaged the spinal cord; however the damage was fixable and he was able to walk again within the year thanks to surgery and a shiiiiitload of physical therapy. it's definitely still a huge problem for him, and part of what keeps him dwelling on the accident, as it's a constant chronic pain reminder. He's fully able to walk, run, and ride for the most part, but like I said, chronic pain and muscle damage means that everything is just that little bit harder. So I guess I took a lot of what was Jackie originally (my Jackie who Travis adopted) and threw it into him!
Edited by ifnotwinter, Jul 19 2011, 01:15 AM.

marc st. yves
light it up or burn it down we'll all die in fire
{food for thought}

phineas rosario
fall down seven times stand up eight

sebastian conway
can't see the forest for the trees
{book of sparrows}

(so you've got to keep in mind, when you try to change the world for the better not everybody's gonna be on your side)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply