Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,710 Views)
landlocked
Member Avatar
Supreme Ruler Of All Video Land
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, so I need to distract myself from this horrible, horrible presentation I'm writing and I've had some ideas floating around in my head. They're really rough right now, like I barely even know their names, and I'm still mentally debating whether I'm going to participate in v5 or not, but, here they are.

#1 Ricky, a mixed-race (Filipino and Mexican), slender, well-dressed gay dude, very into art and especially fashion. I thought it'd be fun to play with the whole "artbitch" stereotype, you know, the too-good-for-you hipster-y kind of person that won't associate with people unless their tastes matches his, which is something I've encountered a lot in art school. (and, I don't know, maybe weirdly aspire to in some ways? IDK, IDK, IT IZ DEEP N PSYCHOLOLGICAL) Anyway, he'd probably be rich, good-looking, a decent artist with really good taste in clothes, but unbearably stuck-up and cold towards people he doesn't know well, which means he doesn't really have many friends outside of his small circle, something he's secretly very vulnerable about.

I just hope he isn't too much like Justin, is the only thing.

#2 Marybeth, Cute, chubby brunette white chick who is a self-proclaimed feminist but just really, really bad at it. She's a good debater and has potential and all, but she's one of those people who is very loud and obnoxious about her opinions and tends to insert them into every conversation at every opportunity even when doing so makes no sense. That, and she's really clueless about her privilege when it comes to race, sexuality and all that other good stuff and pisses off a lot of non-white/straight/able-bodied/cis all that other stuff people with her ignorance.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

landlocked
Member Avatar
Supreme Ruler Of All Video Land
[ *  *  * ]
Just to add on to what MK is saying, wides, it seems like at the moment you're thinking of your characters more in terms of things that have happened to them than what they're like as people. Which is fine, like, those are all fairly plausible things that could happen to somebody, but you've got to take them a step further. Like Krilacia, if she lost her virginity that way, how did it affect her? Did she regret it later, or was she proud? Did a lot of people gossip about it, or is she too shy for rumors about her to get around? Was it awkward to be around her friends afterwards? Is she generally an impulsive person that takes thing as they come and that's why she joined in, or was doing the three-way thing something totally out of the blue for her that she'd never do again?

This is a grammatical nightmare because I'm writing it off the top of my head, but I guess what I'm trying to say is try to think about why your characters are the way they are and what the consequences of their actions would be, so you're thinking more about the characters themselves and not just the events surrounding them.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply