Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,144 Views)
Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ninja'd you by a mile, Inky. The guitarist spot will be filled by Preston Miller a good friend of theirs who really wishes they'd sometimes do songs that weren't metalcore.

Well, unless Rick/Rose veto me. Travis said it would be okay....
V5

B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4

Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wondering if I can get a bit of input here for a concept that I've been trying to pin down but am having trouble with.

Marcus Leung is your run of the mill asian high schooler: straight A's, (somewhat) hard-working and dedicated to academics, and somewhat hard to socialize with when you're not in his immediate circle (which is mostly other straight A students and/or asians). Okay, maybe that's a bit too stereotypical but such things are easy to tweak. He's also Catholic. Yes, I'm aware this is falling to similar to Peter, but I want to take a base framework and take it in new directions.

What I'm having trouble with is this part of his concept: his parents are only 16 or so years his elder. His parents conceived him when they were in high school, and chose to keep him and raise him. I'm sure this makes for some interesting backstory, but I'm unsure as to how this could really impact Marcus' childhood and upbringing.

Thoughts or suggestions? I could scrap this entire part of the concept if I need to, but I want to see if I can make this work first.
V5

B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4

Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply