Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,733 Views)
Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Concept 1:

Hiro Fukuyama

A tiny, sickly, anemic Asian girl. Extremely shy to a past full of bullying, but on the other hand is pretty stubborn and hates it when people treat her with kid's gloves and act like she's got a "Handle with Care" sticker stamped on her forehead. Extends to her looks, where she dresses up like a boy to appear tougher, and it's gotten to the point where even wearing anything remotely girly makes her very uncomfortable.

Concept 2:

"Fat Bastard"

I don't even know, except he's a bastard and he's fat. Like, REALLY fat.

Also, I'm looking for a friend or two for Hiro, and possibly a guy for her to crush on, so if anyone wants to suggest anything that'd be awesome.
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Hiro Fukuyama: "N-n-no, I-I'm not scared."
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."
Angus McDonald: "To hell with you! If anyone here deserves to live, it's me!"

The Dead

banthesun

She wanted those horrible metal balls to stop banging against her legs

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
So anyway, I have Facemakers for all three v5 ideas (and in fact, I now have a 3rd character, period,) so I guess it's time for updating this thing.

Posted Image

Hiro Fukuyama
The Frail Shrinking Violet

Appearance: Stands 5'0" and weighs 105 lb., with pale skin and a very quiet, meek demeanor, giving off an aura of fragility, if she's noticed at all.

Synopsis: Born prematurely and very, very small, Hiro almost didn't survive to her first birthday. Afterwards, her parents, already scared by the crisis, spent the rest of her life up to now coddling her, constantly worrying about her safety. This, combined with being an easy target for bullies, led to her developing a very quiet, almost painfully meek personality, and a very unassuming demeanor, to the point where it'd be rather hard to pick her out of a crowd. Sometime after grade school, though, she finally started to have enough of being treated like a weakling, and thus began a severely uphill battle in trying to fight it. One of the more obvious attempts is dressing like a guy, an effort that, after a while, led to a sort of complex where even dressing in anything remotely girly makes her very uncomfortable. Though she's typically meek, once she gets her mind set on something she can be very, VERY stubborn. She longs to be noticed, but first she has to get past her crippling shyness in order to do anything about it.

Posted Image

Lucy Rosenberg
The Lonely Princess

Appearance: Blonde-haired, blue-eyed, 6'0" tall and quite shapely, Lucy definitely stands out in a crowd.

Synopsis: Lucy is truly a privileged girl. Her mother having married into a wealthy family before Lucy was born, Lucy is never at want for anything. Well, technically. Sadly, any kind of feelings her parents had for each other also disappeared before she was born, and Lucy grew up in a house with little emotional support. Her father was openly sleeping with another woman, and even though her mother knew about it, she opted to stick around for the money, while her father was simply keeping her around to take care of his daughter, who he rarely saw. As a result, Lucy ended up rather emotionally stunted, unable to make any meaningful relationships with people. Even in high school, any relationships she had with other guys never lasted more than a couple of weeks, and though she has her own circle of friends, they're nothing more than casual friends to her, and she often wonders if they're only sticking around because she's the rich girl at school.

Posted Image

Angus McDonald
The Fat Bastard

Appearance: Jesus Christ is this guy fat. Standing about 5'10", Angus is like a mass of blubber in human form, with a mop of reddish-brown hair.

Synopsis: A cautionary tale of treating your child too much like he's a special, unique snowflake who can do no wrong, Angus' mother ended up messily divorcing her father shortly before he was born, and as such decided to lavish her child with attention, spoiling him rotten and assuring him that all those people bullying him are just jealous of him. After years of this, he let it all go to his head, turning into a arrogant, self-entitled prick. Of course, one of his favorite things in the world is eating, and having never been told by anyone he deemed important that he needs to lose weight, Angus ballooned out into a huge, severely unhealthy teenager.

Could still use:

-A few girlfriends to hang around Lucy.
-Maybe a couple people who dated Lucy in the past.
Edited by Super Llama, Jun 6 2011, 01:42 AM.
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ohman, another reverse trap concept.

Her and Hiro can hang out and be confusing together. XD
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, Hiro's crossdressing isn't so much a case of gender identity as it is wanting to look tougher than her 5'0" looks-like-she-could-be-blown-away-by-a-strong-gust-of-wind body would allow.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fuck it.

I'm just gonna throw down everything I have on Hiro so I can work out what I'm doing wrong here.

-Hiro is very sensitive about her body, not because she's a girl, but because she's a 5'0", 105 lb girl who looks like someone could break in half over their knee, and who people would tend to look at and go "Oh, look at the tiny sickly girl. Isn't that just pitiful? Let's pity her." Hiro's sick and tired of hearing things like that, or having people treat her like that, and wants to do something to stop it.
-Hiro prefers to wear baggy clothing (jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, etc.) in dark colors, as she feels this draws the least attention to her body, and possibly (in her mind, anyway) even makes her look a little bit bigger.) In contrast, bright colors and clothing that looks overtly girly (skirts, dresses, etc) do the exact opposite (again, at least in her mind.)
-Hiro isn't trying to pass herself off as a guy. She doesn't go out of her way to tell everyone around her that she's a girl, but if someone were to make that mistake out loud in conversation, she'd correct them.
-Hiro's androgyny isn't the focal point of her character. If anything, the focal point is her insecurity about her condition, and her occasionally misguided attempts at trying to convince herself and everyone around her that she isn't just some weak, sickly girl (which also includes acting stubborn and bullheaded when someone perceives her as weak,) as well as trying to get over years worth of built up shyness and general anti-socialness.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply