Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V5 Concepts Thread; Let 'em loose here
Topic Started: May 8 2011, 04:08 PM (28,160 Views)
Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, in the event that I actually get to return for V5, because I'd love to play another SOTF round, I do have a few character concepts to throw out there. Tried to keep it short and sweet in lieu of posting full profiles. ;)

Misa Achtland - A 17-year-old born to a Caucasian father and Japanese mother. Grey-blue eyes (due to a recessive gene from her mother, combined with her father's own blues) and blonde (naturally brown) haired, Misa is a pretty girl who has "buried" her Asian roots in an attempt to better fit in with American society. She is social and outgoing, and has a very laissez-faire attitude. She's very nonjudgmental -- preferring not to label others by traits such as appearance and social standing. This is not true on her own behalf, however, and in private she is a very self deprecating individual. Misa is the (maternal) cousin of Ayako Okogamine.

Ayako Okogamine - An 18-year-old of full Japanese descent. Ayako is firm -- sometimes coming off as cold -- and unbending in her beliefs. She has strong morals, and is fiercely loyal to her friends and family. Ayako is a person of incredible resolve, as depicted by her consistently high scores regarding schoolwork, as well as her exceptional ability as a track and field athlete. She firmly believes that anyone can do anything they set their mind to. Because of this, she is often judgmental toward people who "don't try". Ayako is the (maternal) cousin of fellow classmate Misa Achtland, although the two don't have an outstanding relationship.

Kevin de la Torre - An 18-year-old of Caucasian background. Very academically inclined, Kevin is somewhat of a loner, although not in a traditional "nerd" sort of way. He does prefer to spend lunch periods in the library rather than the lunch room, however, he's far from antisocial. He prefers to keep most people at a distance, perhaps because one of his favorite pastimes is "people watching". He's fascinated with the human mind -- its actions and reactions -- and hopes to major in psychology after graduating. Tall and lanky, Kevin isn't an athlete by any means, and spends most of his free time online.
Edited by Megami, Nov 23 2011, 06:12 PM.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I've got a question regarding the sisters here, since I read their concepts and saw something interesting. You said that the two don't have a very good relationship with one another. Is it because their two personalities just clash? Or would that perhaps have something to do with Misa's "burying" of her asian culture? I don't know if that was the intent or not, but that's what popped into mind when I read Ayako's concept. I should imagine that Ayako would be none too happy if Misa tries to push her own heritage under the rug like that. It would be a very interesting avenue to explore, at the very least.

Cousin, but yes, that's exactly the rivalry I wanted to establish with the two. Same generation cousins with polar opposite opinions on their heritage. Kind of thinking I can establish a love/hate relationship between the two of them, and hopefully use it to expand on Ayako as a character when taking her loyalty to family into account. Might make for some interesting angles down the road.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V5 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply