Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Eighth Announcement; Co-written with KillerVole
Topic Started: May 5 2011, 06:00 PM (5,551 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*ONE DAY PREVIOUSLY*

The face of Victor Danya held little more than a scowl. His mouth was closed, and the air hissed from his nostrils with a force that betrayed his towering fury. His gaze swept the charnel house that had been made of the technicians' room in the space of just a few short second.

Three corpses were strewn across the floor. One of the team he'd ordered come for Sparky had taken a shot to the chest and was lying spreadeagled on his back. Melvin Carter's head was a bloody ruin, the back of his skull decorating the carpet, blood and grey matter everywhere. Danya's eyes lingered on Carter for a while. This was one of his most trusted men, a hand-picked lieutenant of his organisation... and now he was dead. Killed not by some counter-terrorist, but one of - somebody who he thought was one of his own people.

Danya's smouldering stare settled on the bullet-ridden corpse of Brynn "Sparky" Lovell. She was even smiling, the little bitch, although how anybody with that much lead in them had managed to pull off a grin like that was anybody's guess. Gore was splattered everywhere, all over the floor, the chair, Sparky's desk... her work station had been completely destroyed by gunfire. Without question she was completely and utterly dead.

He turned to the man standing alongside him, an uncomfortable "Ace" Warren. The AT member still had his gun at his side, his expression still slightly hurt. Danya looked him up and down.

"Again."

Ace shifted uneasily. "Wilson picked up on the signal this morning. Sparky broadcasted... well, something. Unauthorized. When we got here... she had the gun on her desk, nobody thought to ask about it before... we've all got guns. She pulled it, shot Carter, Braden. We took her out."

Danya closed his eyes, took a deep breath, then opened them again and nodded.

"Understandable. That was ... unavoidable, I suppose," Danya took another look around the room. "We're starting to get severely goddamn short staffed here..." His eyes sharpened, focus suddenly returned to his face. "Somebody go grab Dorian, we'll need him. For once. We'll probably need Sonia too," one last look. "Clean this damn mess up."

Victor Danya turned and began to walk out.

Under his breath...

"How many fucking times have we done this? How long until we get through a version without screwing up...?"

~*~

"Good morning once again, kiddies," Danya said. He was trying to keep his voice cheery, though he was still was a bit shaken by the events of the past couple of days. Luckily, he had a lot of practice acting, and this was all set to be a short announcement. "Would you believe that there are less than one hundred of you left alive? Well, it's true. Congratulations to those of you still standing. You've come a long way. You only need to brutally murder a few more people, and then you'll be on a plane home. Isn't that a delightful thought? I bet you all miss your families. I'm sure they're rooting for you.

"Now then, those whose families will be mourning, instead:

"Alexander Campbell died of I-thought-it'd-be-fine-to-field-amputate-my-arm. This is a lesson: practice first aid before your wound starts growing green fuzz.

"Ricky Fortino and Francesca Fiametta both managed to get themselves caught in the tunnels, and exploded. Turns out wandering in the dark deep underground isn't such a great idea when you have to get out in a hurry.

"Mirabelle Nesa picked the wrong horse to bet on, and died defending Liz Polanski. That's what happnes to people who try to escape. Then, Harun Kemal and Rashid Hassan engaged in some touching buddy-to-buddy combat. Harun came out on top, and Rashid lost the top of his head.

"Timothy Questiare was stabbed to death by George Leidman. Then, Alice Blake sent Ash Morrison rolling down a hill. Spines are shockingly fragile.

"Peter Siu shot Jacquard Broughten, though it took her some time to die. Then, Joe Rios exploded onto the charts, using a scythe to rip and reap Mike Maszer and Alan Rickhall. Well, okay, the first was while he was trying to run, and the second was the result of the worst game of chicken ever, but we can pretend it was more exciting, can't we?

"David Meramac took a jog in a danger zone. Yawn. I swear, the collars and weapons are nothing but a formality and an expedient. If you kids went camping for a month, half of you would likely fall down crevasses.

"Milo Taylor and Melissa Li both were the subjects of collar experimentation, by Aileen Borden and Nick Reid respectively. Both died terrible, explosive deaths. You'd imagine after the fine example of our first death that you would have learned by now, but no. Then again, it's a pretty good way to kill someone. Trick them into thinking you're helping them, then give a little pull. Just be sure to watch your fingers.

"David Morrison just toppled over dead. Reviewing the footage, it seems he hadn't eaten in a while, so we'll put this down to dehydration. Or AIDS.

"Φrn Ayers was shot by Liam Brooks, and bled to death. Finally, Samantha Ridley put a bullet in Adrian Staib.

"None of our kills today were half as interesting as Ms. Vernon's stifling of her friend yesterday, so we're giving her the prize. Step it up, kids.

"Ms. Vernon should proceed to the Gazebo to claim her prize.

"Everyone else, stay out of the Gazebo, the Warehouse, the Groundskeeper's Hut, the Destroyed Cell Tower, and the South-Eastern Woods. In fact, you can leave the South-Eastern Woods alone for the rest of the game.

"Talk to you tomorrow, assuming you survive that long."

~*~

BDA this month was an eleventh hour tie: Both storyspoiler and Sean receive roll nulls for their efforts.

Rolled characters:

#1 Raymond Dawson (outfoxd) (Casey, Roll Nullification Used)
#2 Annaliese Hansen (BeatKnight)
#3 Helen Wilson (xylophonefairy)
#4 Garrett Hunter (Hollyquin) - Jasper-Declan MacDermott (Hollyquin, Swap Card used)
#5 Zach Jamis (Ciel) (Tagabasa, Roll Nullification Used)
#6 Gracie Wainwright (Arscapi)
#7 Peter Siu (Solomir) - Rachel Gettys (Solomir, Swap Card used)
#8 Charlene Norris (Decoy)

As per usual, you'll have three days from this post, as in, the 9th to play cards. From there, you'll have a further seven days (the 16th) to get the job done.

Get to it.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A note: I am out of state until card-playing and DZ-clearing time has past, so there will be no running countdown this time. Just a heads-up.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

BetaKnight
Member Avatar
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*eyes the rolls*

Whatever, rolls. Once again, Annaliese is on the block so I'm gonna throw it out there once more: If someone is interested in Heroing Annaliese, I would be really grateful.

Version 5
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah...yeah, okay, I'm doing it.

Swapping Jasper-Declan MacDermott for Garrett Hunter.

And don't ask for death rights, k? <3
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
Awww. Well, I have no plans so PM me for death rights. I'd quite like a slightly off the wall death for Helen, not sure what exactly, but if anyone has any ideas feel free to shoot me a PM. Have a vague thought that might work... Sorry, it's late, am not very coherent.

Unless, of course, someone wants to hero Helen, I would be eternally grateful. Also, I still have a hero card and sometimes believe in karma. Though there are better characters up there for anyone feeling generous to save (srsly, these are some harsh rolls). And don't save Helen on the basis of the hero card, I'm far too flaky for that and it would make me feel guilty.

EDIT: I want to find a cool use for the glowsticks before Helen dies, just remembered that!
Edited by xylophonefairy, May 5 2011, 07:21 PM.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?
Offline Profile Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone got a hero card or a roll null for Charlene? It would really mean a lot to me. Also, I have a hero card still in play, so whomever saves me will get a lifeline.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd ask for a hero but I honestly don't want to trouble anyone. At the rate that these rolls have been going, I wouldn't want someone to waste their heroes just to have Zach get rolled next roll anyway. If you still want to use it, go on ahead. I'd appreciate it. I'm not going to campaign though.

That being said, I already have an idea for Zach lined out. So yeah. Sorry.
Edited by Ciel, May 6 2011, 12:32 AM.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tagabasa
Member Avatar
The Killable One
[ *  *  * ]
Using my null on Zach Jamis and stuff.
Version 4 Character:
Simon Fletcher (B104): Dead at The Sawmill

Version 5 Character:
Casey Malkovich (G037): Dead at The Farmhouse

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
PM with ideas for Gracie's death, please. She's in a fairly tense thread at the moment.

Gracie's death rights have been claimed.
Edited by Arscapi, May 9 2011, 12:24 PM.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day
Kathryn Nguyen G61 - deceased Start
Bianca Howard G45 - deceased Start
Logan Cadagon B16 - deceased Start

V4 Characters:
Thea Kairos - G067 - deceased
Alexandria "Alex" Jackson - G046 - rescued
Marion Summers - G074 - deceased
Gracie Wainwright - G081 - deceased
Samaya Boen-Hilstrand - G064-deceased
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
... AGAIN?

=(

Still don't think the swap is eligible yet, so let's see what if I can get another hero....
V5

B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4

Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey the Undead
Member Avatar
Let's go where eagles dare
[ *  *  * ]
Using my null on Raymond Dawson.
It's hard to get ahead when half your friends are dead!

V4 Characters:

V5 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My mistake. Can't count.

11 hours for cards and DZs, we'll go by EST to make up for the counting error.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solomir
Member Avatar
Nanotech Engineer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ugh. I'm not happy I have to do this. Playing my swap card to trade in Rachel Gettys for Peter Siu.

PM for death rights.
V5

B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4

Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Time is up. Actually, it was a while ago. Death deadline countdown will be up tomorrow, when I am together instead of banging stuff out at midnight.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Death rights were claimed for Charlene before she got rolled. I'll have to request an extension on her death as I've just started up class again - I spend three hours a day studying on top of all the work I have, and I can't study and be online at the same time, so I don't have a lot of time to type up the events leading up to her death.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic