Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monsters; Private.
Topic Started: May 3 2011, 06:10 PM (6,251 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Back in St. Paul

A man with dark curly hair walked up to the yellowing grass outside of a dingy looking apartment complex. The place was quite a departure from the other clusters of nice little houses and pretty gated communities nearby.

There was a gate here too, but calling it a gate is being very generous. The white paint was peeling off the iron of the door that, despite having a keypad next to it, was already ajar. The man opened it the rest of the way and found himself facing a row of doors on either side. He walked to apartment number twenty and knocked. No response. Tentatively he put his hand on the knob which unexpectedly yielded and turned. He stepped inside onto the beige carpet and looked around. The television was on, but he didn't see anyone. He walked along a hall, looking at the familiar knick knacks on the wall until he reached two bedrooms. He walked into a pleasant little room containing a bed with a flower patterned duvet and a colorful little desk with an old PC and a green lava lamp on it.

A bookshelf was also present, stacked with books and photographs on it's shelves. He picked up a framed picture of a girl with dark curls smiling and waving in what looked like running clothes. He cocked his head to one side much like the girl in the photo, appraising her.

From behind a hand snatched the frame from him.

"Don't touch anything," she snapped and put the photo back.

"She got pretty" he said, mildly surprised.

The woman said nothing. She turned and walked back to the living room and then took a seat on the couch near the t.v.

"Nice of you to show up," she grumbled.

He shrugged and took a seat next to her.

"How's she doing?" he asked.

Maria sat leaning forward with her eyes glued to the screen. She didn't look back to answer him.

"She wasn't doing too badly until she passed out. Some kids helped her but she's out again."

The man looked at her and then at his unconscious daughter on screen. There was an awkward silence.

"I'm surprised Isabel made it this far. So I guess you want me to pay half for like a funeral or memorial thing or something?

Maria picked up a plate on the coffee table in front of them and smashed it against the back of her ex-husband's head.

As Allen and Ray set her down on the concrete outside of the supermarket, Isabel didn't feel a thing. Her chest rose and fell steadily, the one sign that she was in fact, still alive. She flinched slightly at the sound of a gun shot, but after that, she did not stir.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice steady breaths moved the oxygen around her body through her blood. She'd had some time to recover during her bout of unconsciousness, but that only solved one of three reasons she'd gone out like a light. No sleep, no water, no food.

Isabel had once read a study that had been conducted at a university where rats were kept awake by scientists poking them constantly. After two weeks, most of the rats were dead. She'd always thought about what a weird job it would be just poke rats all day.

Someone was saying her name, maybe. It was floating around on the edges of her mind. She breathed deep and stirred a little like someone who didn't want to get out of bed. Her hand hurt. Someone was hurting her hand.

There, someone had let go of her hand. But now some other sound. A voice way in the back of her head was telling her to wake up. Waking up.....it felt like trying to jog in syrup.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The girls were lined up and ready to go. She looked down at her shoes, they were blue now. They changed from grey to blue in the sunlight. She liked her shoes. She pulled on a pigtail and and tilted her head.

"Ice cream soda pop, cherry on top!" the rope twirlers chanted.

"Who's your boyfriend, I forgot!" The girl in the middle bit her lip and concentrated hard on making it over the rope.

"Is it A? B? C? D?"

"HURK-"

She tripped.

"Oohhhh, his name starts with a D!" a heckler from the side called out. There was a wave of giggles. Isabel got up up from the bench.

"You want Texico Mexico?" a twirler with black braids asked.

A few stray giggles.

"Nah uh," she said with a smile. "Give me Cinderella."

The girls nodded seriously and counted off to three as she stood in the middle.

"Cinderella! Dressed in yellah! Went up stairs to kiss a fellah! Made a mistake and kissed a snake! How many doctors will it take? ONE. TWO. THREE."

Four, five, six,

Spear gun held to her head, she wasn't even aware she could die at any moment. If he slipped and that cool and sharp blade found out what was under her skin, she would certainly need as many doctors as she could collect.

things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wake up time!

Her eyes flew open and she screamed. Well, she got half a scream in before Alex stomped on her throat. Her scream tailed off into a whimper as he forced her down.

Allen was there. It took her a second but she remembered Allen had found her just before she fell unconscious again. Where was everyone else? What happened to Ray and Annaliese and Alex? Where was she? And perhaps the most pressing so to speak, why was this other Alex poking her full of holes? He was positioned above her with something sharp right at her head.

There was such an intense pain coming from her arm like she'd never felt. Her right hand reached up to Alex's shoe to try to put some space between it and her throat, but she didn't have the strength left to do much. Her legs writhed, trying to alleviate the situation by grinding against one another other uselessly. Tears started running out the sides of her eyes.

"Y-you," she choked out. "You're on me."
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply