Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monsters; Private.
Topic Started: May 3 2011, 06:10 PM (6,260 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Allen knelt down beside Isabel, keeping an eye on her breathing and watching to see if her condition changed at all. Nothing new had happened on the way to the grocery store, Isabel remained unconscious and everyone was remaining just as quiet. Nobody talked, and Allen could sense some animosity between Ray and Annaliese. It was only because of Isabel that he stayed with the group; had she not been there, he would have left them all behind to go off to find Andrea by himself.

'Andrea...'

She was still out there, somewhere. Hopefully she was safe, working on that plan and staying out of danger. Well, anything more dangerous than being in the middle of Survival of the Fucking Fittest. And once Isabel woke up (not if she woke up, when she woke up, Allen continually reminded himself), they would go looking for Andrea together. And maybe bring Ray, or Annaliese or the whole group with him.

'Oh... wait, Andrea said just to tell a few people, I guess it'll just have to be me and Isabel going then,' Allen thought. He felt really bad for having to abandon everyone else, but he didn't know them all that well, and he didn't want to jeopardize the plan and get everyone killed as a result. That would do no one any favors whatsoever.

Back in the present, Ray announced that they were going inside the building. "I'm going to wait out here with Isabel and make sure she's okay, if that's okay with you guys," Allen spoke, looking up to the other boy. "Just grab anything. Right now anything's got to taste better than stale moldy bread and water."
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Allen nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the gunshot. It was loud, extremely loud. Extremely close. 'Holy shit,' was all his mind could come up with, his hair standing on end and chills running down his spine. Talk about history repeating itself. The last time he'd been in the town, there'd been gunshots as well, someone shooting at someone else while he and Andrea explored the buildings.

Ray instantly went into a panic, telling someone to stay with Isabel and dashed into the store, followed closely by Alex. Allen had already volunteered to remain with her, kneeling down by her side and gently squeezing her hand.

Then came the screams.

Screams of terror, screams filled with agony. Allen's heart started pounding in his chest and he looked around wildly, attempting to locate the source of the cries. The buildings just reverberated the sounds in all directions, making it impossible for Allen to pinpoint the exact location they were originating from. Impossible for him to know where the biggest danger was currently lurking.

Allen's face had gotten at least three shades paler and his stomach churned as panic set in. 'Oh my God, oh my God, where's it coming from? Ray, Alex, everyone, hurry up,' Allen desperately thought, subconsciously squeezing Isabel's hand tighter than before.

What if they didn't hurry back? What if Annaliese, Ray and Alex were already dead? What if whoever killed them then arrived out of nowhere and killed both him and Isabel? Sweat began to bead all over his body and he started to tremble and shake like a leaf. There they both were, out in the open like sitting ducks just asking to be picked off.

He was going to die here.

There would be no meeting up with Andrea again, no escape plan, no going home. Not unless he moved. He had to get out of here, find the others. But he couldn't just leave Isabel lying there unable to defend herself, it would be like taking a gun, putting it against his head and pulling the trigger himself. He quickly rummaged through his bag and brought out Andrea's flask of gunpowder, gripping it tightly in his other hand. He had no idea what he could actually do with it, or if it would even do any good at all, but it was better than absolutely nothing.

"Isabel, Isabel, please wake up," he pleaded, tears collecting in his eyes.
Edited by JamesRenard, May 22 2011, 07:45 AM.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
(Placeholder post)

Allen was so preoccupied with Isabel, so deep in his worry for her, the others in the building, and Andrea, that the heavy footsteps from round the corner didn't even register in his mind. And then the next thing he knew, it felt like someone had just slammed a plank of wood into his back. The ground instantly came rushing up to meet Allen as he was sent sprawling forwards by the force of the impact. Unable to put his hands out in time to break the fall, his forehead smacked against the hard surface. His vision flashed black and white for the briefest of seconds. "Aughh..." he moaned out as best as his lungs could manage, having been winded by whatever object collided with his back.

Allen just lay there for a few seconds, disorientated by the hit and reeling from the fresh pain around his forehead and nose. 'What... what was that?' He breathed rapidly yet shallowly, then slowly sat back up, a groan escaping his lips. He could feel warm liquid trickling down his nose, a similar sticky sensation slowly running down his face. 'Ow... owww...' He could feel the hot tears stinging at his eyes. Then he looked up at the new person who'd just tripped over him.

'Holy shit, holy shit!'

If ever there was a reason for him to cry, Allen was now looking at it.

It was Alex White. Alex White, who murdered Rena Peters.

The same Alex White who he used to talk to about musical and camping stuff.

No, not the same Alex. This Alex's hands were soaked with bloodied bandages. Sporting an evil grin. Holding a gun. This was a different Alex to the one he knew back in Bayview. It was like being confronted by Alex's evil doppelganger.

"Uh... uh, hi, Alex," Allen stuttered, raising his hands and glancing at the vulnerable Isabel lying by him. "Um... let's not do anything stupid now, okay? What do you want?"
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
'What in the-?' Allen gawped.

What was so interesting about what was in the bag? There was only the flask of gunpowder (now lying on its side a meter or so away from Allen), some food and-

Some drugs.

That was it. He wanted the drugs.

And that begged the question. As far as Allen knew, only he and Andrea knew that she'd been carrying drugs in her bag. 'So how the hell does Alex know what's in there-?'

The realisation hit him like a ton of bricks. 'Oh my God, no, NO!'

Andrea. He had to have encountered Andrea. Found out about the drugs. Found out he was the one now carrying them.

Before Allen could even ask just how Alex had found out about the bag's contents and what, if anything, he'd done to Andrea, he pointed a spear at Isabel's head, threatening to ram the blade through her skull if Allen didn't comply.

"L-leave her alone! She's got nothing to do with all this!" Allen spoke in as brave a tone as possible, which was no mean feat considering he had a gun pointed at his face. "W-why are you doing this to us? What the hell happened to you?"
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
All Allen could do was watch as Alex played with the gun, pointing it away from him and then back again. All it took was one pull of the trigger while the gun was aimed at him and Allen's game was over. All it took was one thrust of the spear and Isabel's would be over as well.

Well, maybe not Isabel's, he was pulling the spear away from her head. 'Is... is he going to spare her?' Allen dared to hope.

Allen's hopes were shattered when the spear was instead thrust into her arm.

Allen recoiled and cried out in shock as the blade dug deeply, tearing at flesh, blood welling up out of the wound and spilling onto the street. But Alex didn't just stop there, he then put his foot on her neck, easily able to crush her throat if he so desired.

"Stop it! STOP IT!" Allen screeched, looking up to the face of his former friend. "I said leave her alone! She's got nothing to do with this!"

Reasoning or trying to talk it out with Alex, Allen realized, was no longer an option. He was too far gone. No sane person would stab someone while they were unconscious, while they were unable to defend themselves. Alex was a monster. Evil. A complete and utter psychopath. He needed to be stopped, before he killed Isabel, before he killed Allen, or anybody else for that matter.

But Allen couldn't do anything to stop him.

It was hopeless. The gun was still trained on him. One wrong move and he'd just be his latest victim. 'If I give him what he wants, he'll leave us alone, right?' Allen thought, sniffing blood and mucus back into his nose. There was no other alternative available. No fighting, no running, no bargaining, just doing what Alex wanted him to do.

Allen reached inside the bag and grabbed the first couple of bottles his hand came into contact with. Pulling them out, he hurled them at Alex's feet, the pills rattling inside the plastic as the containers filled with Wellbutrin and Adderall bounced on the ground. "There, you happy now, you bastard?!" he shouted angrily, tears cascading down his face.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
(This will be a placeholder post for Allen's lengthy reply to Andrea, then he's out of here)

((Allen Birkman continued in The Cavalry Arrives))
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply