Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monsters; Private.
Topic Started: May 3 2011, 06:10 PM (6,242 Views)
MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Felicia Carmichael, continued from The man your man could smell like))

"... Rosa."

Felicia was damn near out of air from chasing the girl she loved through the streets, but finally she had stopped running. Unfortunately, now she was crying. The next action, the correct thing to do escaped Felicia's mind like a bird out if its cage, but despite all of her efforts to contain it, it remained elusive. She couldn't even pinpoint why Rosa had hit the ground sobbing beyond any of the terribly obvious reasons. This island was practically made of tears by this point, but why stop to cry now? Felicia could hardly take it anymore as she silently watched the girl from behind. All Rosa had to do was turn around and she'd see her standing there, ready to comfort her. Maybe if she said something, it would take away the fear. It would take away all the reasons Felicia couldn't just embrace her now.

The announcements had gone off. Like usual, Felicia did her best to not pay any attention to them. She couldn't concern herself with much more of this lest her heart burst in her chest. No, she learned all she needed to from Aislyn's death; she learned who she had to find, but this was far more important. She had found Rosa, so maybe now she could forget Kimberly. Somebody else would kill Kimberly, take all of this off Felicia's mind. She just wanted to be with Rosa.

She couldn't help but wonder if she heard right, though. She almost thought she heard 'Fiametta' on the announcements.

"R-Rosa..." Felicia stammered, pushing past the wall of glass to the crying girl. There was a loud crashing sound, thunder or something, somewhere, and her heart nearly lept out of her throat. She couldn't back off, though. She wouldn't allow herself to hesitate, to keep herself from Rosa anymore. She was right there. Rosa was right there.

"I... I f-finally, I mean..." Felicia tried, but nothing sounded right. Instead, she dropped to one knee and wrapped her arms around Rosa nice and tight. She didn't want to let go just yet. Not after finally reaching her.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"It's okay..."

Now that I've found you....

"... I won't let you go."

She never did want to let her go. Why couldn't they have found each other earlier, then stayed as close to one another as close could be? Fate had it in for her, throwing nothing but shit her way. No more... Felicia didn't want to feel sad anymore. Even though the other half of her heart lay weeping against her, forcefully dragging out a few muffled sobs of her own, each of the two now had something they could lean against. Even as the world collapsed around each of them, at least they'd have that one pillar to hold up the other.

"Rosa," Felicia began, sniffing away the prohibitive clog that welled up in her nose, when she heard the slightest of noises. Rosa was saying something, practically breathing a mantra. She bowed her head to listen, and even then could only pick up the pattern of murmers, a hint of the voice that could make her melt and forget her pain for even a moment. A sharp spike wedged itself somewhere in Felicia's chest and shot a terrible wave of anxiety through her; she needed to help ease Rosa's pain, to show her that she was there for her.

The rest of this goddamn island could go shove itself up its own ass and blink out of the universe for all she cared. Anybody who had hurt Rosa could just go straight to hell and leave the two of them alone. Felicia allowed Rosa to remain hidden against her for at least a few moments longer, but she needed to see the girl's face, to talk to her. Something... anything.

"H-Hon... heh... I always liked call... calling you that, you know?"

She set a few fingertips just below Rosa's ear, tracing them around the delicate frame of her jaw until they were under her chin. It was almost like waking her up from a dream. More like a nightmare at this point, but at least Felicia would be there for her when she woke up. The fingertips pressed upwards on Rosa's chin, directing the girl to look up at the one holding her. It didn't matter how many tears might've smudged her makeup or whatever, she'd always look beautiful.

Felicia just wanted to see her face, and she wanted to take care of the pain. For both of their sakes.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was with a dissenting cry that Rosa was ripped from Felicia's arms.

Well, okay, to be specific, it was really her being ripped away from Rosa, but that was hardly something that she could process in the few sweet, precious seconds of conciousness she had no idea she had left. Somebody had a firm hold on her and it wasn't good. Somebody's hands were around her, with an intent that directly contradicted her.

Somebody held her. And it. Wasn't. Rosa.

And so, in that brief glimmer of time, it was all Felicia could do to channel some violence into her limbs, the limbs that just wanted to hold Rosa and make her feel alright. Anything to just make her better, and to be done with this violence! But before she could be done with it, it seemed she had to keep going and take care of just one more person. Just... one more.

"LET-"

There was a flash of something cold and hard, an intense pain in her head, and then darkness.

---
((Co-written with Tre/Betaknight. Man, I missed writing with her.))

Those trees looked awfully familiar. So did that crack in the sidewalk, the one totally shapped like somebody's ass crack. So many sounds and sights flooded Felicia's mind the moment she sat up, much of which felt extremely uncomfortable. That is, it felt that way for the first few seconds, when lights were but a bright glare in her eyes and sound was a deafening silence, accompanied by the most annoying ringing of her inner ear.

Once those feelings had subsided as she acclimated to her surroundings, the sensation overwhelming her and washing over her body was of a different tone. This was home. No, not precisely home, but...

Felicia turned her head to try and look behind her. The limitations of her neck only allowed it to swivel so far, forcing her to scoot around on her butt until she had pivoted enough to see the familiar building that she had been visiting nine months a year for the past four years. There was no mistaking it after having seen it for all these years. Just the sight of each brick fit some sort of goofy, metaphorical void in her heart like one of those 'triangle block, triangle hole' child's toys.

"Bayview?" Felicia muttered, feeling the need to state the obvious. But... why was she at Bayview? Somebody like her surely deserved to be there unless it was Saturday or something, but she was just somewhere else. That somewhere else, wherever it was, was too far to have just popped up here. None of this added up, unless...

Holy shit, am I dead?

Felicia jumped to her feet and ran for the building, pushed on by a force she couldn't name. There was no life to flee to, no students or teachers making a big fuss over at the school. It would have been very easy, in fact, to assume the building was now long abandoned, were it not for the superb condition of the building, the 'Congratulations Class of 2008' banner, and the lone girl sitting on a bench just outside the entrance to the school.

"A... Aislyn..."

Yeah. Yeah, I'm dead, aren't I?

As Felicia contemplated her own mortality, she found herself startled by the slightest of motions; Aislyn had wordlessly tapped the bench with her hand, beckoning for Felicia to sit down. As her own feet obeyed without question and brought her closer to the form of her friend, a friend who's corpse she had seen with her own two eyes, she had to struggle with the unsolvable decision: dream, or afterlife? Either way, she felt no pain, nor any fear. No harm would come to her from any actions held here. And so, Felicia sat down.

The silence was unnerving. Aislyn didn't speak, and Felicia didn't want to be the first one to break the silence. What was going through her mind? Was this the real Aislyn, or a representation of her within some messed up mental diary? As awkward as it all was, she needed to be the one to speak, to break the ice and get somebody to say something. That's the only way they'd be able to figure any of this shit out. And so, after some delay, Felicia spoke.

"... So... are you mad?"

"I'm not ...mad. If I had to pick a word, I guess frustrated is a good one. Or maybe disappoined. You're still not getting it. It's cost you so much already."

"O-Oh." Felicia's eyes dragged her gaze downwards to somewhere around Aislyn's feet. "I knew I fucked up somewhere along the line. What else is there left to lose?"

Aislyn stared at her incredulously. "Are you fucking kidding me? What *else* is there left to lose? Use your goddamn head, Carmichael! You could DIE." She motioned at herself. "I don't get to go home, but I wanted to. Badly. Don't you want to go home too?"

Those words gave Felicia the motivation needed to bring herself to look her friend in the eye again. "Of course I want to go home! I wanted you to go home too, you know! Do you know what it was like, finding you in-..." Aislyn's image in her mind flashed a little. No, she didn't want to remember that. She wanted to remember her friend for how she was.

Aislyn snorted at Felicia's hesitation. "Finding me what? Dead? Busy being a floater while I turn into fish food?" She shrugged. "Yeah, definitely was not expecting that one. For you, maybe. But not me."

"H-heh..." The smile that forced itself onto her lips felt wrong in every way, and yet there it was. "Good to know you haven't changed, I guess. Besides that whole 'living' thing." Her own attempt at humor killed the smile, which was fortunate in its own little way. Felicia cleared her throat before continuing. "I'm, uh... going after Kimberly, you know."

Aislyn nodded thoughtfully, giving Felicia an appraising look before sighing. "I'd tell you it'll be easy since she's got a jacked up arm, but that didn't help me any. But her wound should be wearing her down, so that might give you some points in your favor. Although if you're going after her out of a sense of revenge, don't. Killing her won't bring me back, and attacking in anger will just make you sloppy. If you are going after her, do it because it means you're one step closer to going home."

"I, but wait," Felicia started. "That's not quite-"

She shook her head, trying to get her mind back on the rails, but Aislyn was very good at loosening the bolts of her mind. "That wasn't what I thought you'd say. You're my friend, Aislyn. She... she killed you. I wasn't going to go after her for a while, I really wasn't. I just wanted to find Rosa. I have her, I'm happy, but... I'm not. Something's wrong. Really, really wrong. And now I want Kimberly's head again."

Aislyn nodded again, a pensive look on her face. "Yup. Of all people, Kimberly Nyugen killed me. Because I wasn't thinking straight. I made the major mistake of letting my emotions run my thinking. And now, she might get to go home and I won't. I'm not saying don't go after her. Just use. Your. Head." She punctuated her last three words by poking Felicia in the forehead.

"R-Right, RIGHT!" Felicia winced from the pokes but dared not pull out of range, as though the pokes themselves held the message to be taught. "And I already fucked up royally with that once. But... Aislyn, even without dying, that island is... is painful. Could you r-really have killed all your friends to live?"

Aislyn stared directly into Felicia's eyes. "In a fucking heartbeat." Her eyes glittered. "Let's be honest, Felicia. High school is a temporary situation at best. After graduation, I would have never seen any of you again. This island? Is just graduation ceremony in hell. You go through it, you move on, and years later, when your kids unearth your old yearbook and ask you about it, you gloss over the shit, highlight the good, and then send them off to bed. Because that's how shit gets done."

"... So you would have killed us, then, eventually. Me, Melissa, Samaya," Felicia muttered, scratching her own ear. Aislyn's words didn't cut half as deep as logic demanded they should have, but maybe that was because she expected these ones. Yes, they were painful, but honest.

"Only if you would have gotten in my way. I told you, didn't I? My dad is coming. He's coming to get me out of here. He's a SEAL you know. And when he gets here, there's going to be a world of trouble."

"Well... not any more. You're dead." Felicia sighed. "I'm honestly sorry I didn't run into you before... you know. I wanted to apologize for what happened at the infirmary. S-Speaking of which..." Felicia managed another nervous laugh. "Holy shit, you should've seen what happened after you left."

Aislyn laughed mirthlessly. "Let me guess. Samya and Melissa sat there and whined about how hard all this was and had a big cryfest over the gorp?"

"Aaaaaafter that." Felicia laughed just as enthusiastically as Aislyn. If there was an opportunity to look back on the situation and not cringe in fear, she'd take it.

Aislyn rolled her eyes. "Felicia, I'm dead, not all-knowing. I have no idea what happened."

"Geez, geez, didn't know if they had TEVO in heaven or some shit, alright?" The grin couldn't be wrenched off of Felicia's face if she tried. "S-So, this girl shows up. And then this guy... and the girl's neck exploded, and Johnny McSexSlave ran himself onto the guy's sword, and then I ended up having to shoot the guy. Heavy... h-heavy shit, yeah?" Felicia chuckled once more, even if it was rather forced. "So... that was the first time I killed somebody."

Aislyn waved her hand dismissively. "That hardly counts. It sounds like the situation went completely FUBAR. Any sensible person would defend themself, Felicia. That doesn't even sound like something that you could be charged with in court."

"Well, yeah! Hell, if there's somebody who knows the court system in our class, it's me!" Felicia declared proudly, ignoring the somewhat painful fact she'd probably never be a lawyer. "The second one, though? Unless the jury buys the fact that my gun went off on... like, a five second delay, I'd be going in the slammer. You know that Tiffany chick? Not Baker, the other one. ... Um... Chalmers, maybe?"

Aislyn shrugged. "I only got here this year, Felicia. But the real question here is: was she doing something to threatening your continued existence on planet Earth? If the answer was yes, then anything you did was justified. It's as simple as that. And that, my friend, is the only important question here. Did someone do something that threatened your continued existance in any way, shape, or form? If you can say 'yes', then anything you did to resolve that is okay. The goal of this exercise is to be the person who WALKS AWAY ALIVE. Guilt and regret are luxuries of the LIVING. You only have time for them AFTER all this over." Aislyn stood up and brushed her palms against her jeans.

Luxuries of the living. If that's what Felicia had to look forward to...

"... True. But what if, after I get through all of this, I don't want to live with myself!?"

The other girl had started to walk away but stopped short at Felicia's question. Looking over her shoulder, she spoke. "We do what we have to do because it needs to be done, not because it's easy. If it was easy, everyone would do it. If you can't do it, ring out. Admit you're weak, give up, and save everyone the time." She shook her head. "You're still not getting it. The only question is: how badly do you want to live?" At that, she resumed walked and disappeared down the path.

But... wait... not like...

I don't want to end up like you.

Not like...

"A-AISLYN!" Felicia screamed, standing up and reaching for her friend. But then, Bayview as she knew it fell away from her.
---

When Felicia awoke again, it was to an incredible pain in her head, but a stronger one in her heart. "Rosa... R-Rosa..." she moaned, pulling herself up. "Where... did you get..."

Another vision, another love of her life. All over again.

No. Still dreaming. Still dreaming, or dead. This isn't real.
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, May 21 2011, 11:51 PM.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Try as she might to coax further responses from the girl, Rosa remained silent. Though she held her nice and close, Felicia was now more alone than she had been before; more alone now than when Tiffany died, more alone now than when she was forced to kill Sebastian, more alone than when she woke up next to Samaya's cold body. Her heart found itself more isolated with its warm but no longer beating mate just feet from it than when she woke up by herself in the swamp, when nobody truly was around.

Felicia called to Rosa, though her own ears were deaf to it just as much as Rosa's were. She felt both it and the following scream of Rosa's name, but the world no longer carried such comforts such as sound. Rosa still never replied, nor would she ever again.

Felicia screamed, still, hoping to kill the silence that now threatened to deafen her.

Screams gave way to sobbing, even while the message remained unchanged.

Rosa.

Rosa.

Rosa.

Rosa was no longer with her.

[[Scene 2 finite]]
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was of little solace that such a hallowed ceremony could take place on this island to Felicia. It was as if, with Rosa's burial, a piece of her heart had been cut out and was going to be put into the ground as well. Then there was Anna, with whom there came no happy news, no break in the sadness. Felicia couldn't bear to look at either one of them, so she tried to raise her eyes to Ray. Her eyes could not remain fixed on him for more than a few seconds before she had to look back down to her own shoes, a hand raised as a visor to cover the ever-present tears. It didn't take a sleuth to see the grief plastered all over the man's face. And even then, even burying somebody who had to mean just as much to him as Rosa did to her, he showed the strength to be the one moving the dirt. A little solace was better than none, Felicia morosely decided.

Felicia leaned a little in the direction of Alex. Ray was too busy working against his sorrow and doing something for the two girls that Felicia only wished she could provide. From where she was expected to summon the strength to help bury anybody she loved, let alone even hold the weight of the shovel right now, Felicia had no way of answering. Her strength had all been sapped from her body, replaced with conflicting and brash tongues of emotion, leaving her mind a neurotic mess. That was the worst of it, really... she had been rendered too weak and helpless to stand up, be strong and not make a fool out of herself in front of them.

Only a marginal amount of comfort rested with the knowledge that nobody here would judge her, and that marginal amount was still something. They were here not to wallow in their own suffering, but to ensure that Rosa and Anna could finally know peace, just like Samaya and Aislyn and all those names... those names numbering a hundred and nearly a hundred more that had been called out so callously by a man who knew nothing of them.

She hated that this had to happen to them, hated that Rosa died for nothing. Felicia hated that any of them had to die so young to begin with, and hated that she couldn't stop the tears even when Rosa had asked her. She hated that the bodies of those who fell here may likely never be returned home to be mourned properly by their loved ones. By that logic, these two were some of the 'lucky' ones... at least they got something, instead of rotting on the ground or wasting away in a room somewhere. It hurt to think of things happening like that, particularly in the state everybody was in right now, but as Aislyn would've stated (so harshly), it was true.

Rosa and Annaliese were two more casualties of the island, and nothing could ever change that.

Against her better judgement and reason, her arms wrapped around Ray.
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, May 28 2011, 02:19 PM.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply