Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monsters; Private.
Topic Started: May 3 2011, 06:10 PM (6,072 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Rosa Fiametta continued from The Man Your Man Could Smell Like))

Rosa was breathing hard as she dashed through the streets of the town. Fit she might have been, but this was an outright, maddened sprint. Jimmy had looked out for the count, but this wasn't the first beating he'd taken. There was no sense in her taking any chances with his durability. The ground pounded beneath her feet, the wind tugging her hair, sending it streaming behind her, doubtless baring rather more of her legs than was entirely appropriate. Even though she was struggling for breath, Rosa allowed herself a tiny glimmer of a smile. That could have been worse. Much worse. All things considered, she'd come off surprisingly well from that little partnership. Hadn't been the most dignified thing she'd ever done and sadly probably hadn't been rock bottom either.

Might have come close, though.

First thing was first. Rosa needed to find somewhere to bunker down for a while, just so that she could regain her bearings and rest a little. From there, well, it was right back to the search. It had been an entire week now, and Rosa hadn't had even the slightest inkling of either sibling... aside from Ilario's presence on the announcements, that was. She worried about him, what he was doing. Part of her wanted to slap him silly for even thinking about playing the game, the rest was more concerned about exactly what state of mind her brother had to have slipped into to be killing. It wasn't a pleasant thought.

Rosa... found this sense of responsibility difficult to grasp. She'd been skirting that particular part of life for some time, much to the displeasure of her father. But hell, Junior was full of it, given the only one of the triplets he ever gave a damn about was his namesake. Rosa didn't know why it was the case, whether it was some kind of patriarchal thing, whether Ilario had just been the brightest of the three of them. Fact was, it was real rich of Junior to expect Rosa to 'live up to the family name' when he'd up and ignored her for most of her childhood. But whatever, Junior was probably dying of shame right about now anyway, given some of the things she'd been up to.

Was it moral? No, but it was survival.

Panting, Rosa stopped running, looking this way and that, surveying the buildings on the street. One of them looked like the rear entrance of some kind of store, something which seemed like a safe bet. Her supplies were running a little low, anyway. As she headed for the building at a brisk trot, the PA system crackled into life, Rosa lending it half an ear.

Which was enough to hear the name.

"Frankie!"

It was half anguish, half disbelief.

She fell to her knees, numb to the grazes of the hard ground.

No no no fucking NO!

The tears hit, the floodgates opened, and Rosa started to sob hysterically.

"Sup Rosa? Give any head lately?"

"What's the difference between Rosa and the bus service? You don't get to ride the bus free."

"Hey, it's the walking STD."

"You're playing soccer, now? You realise that it ain't the same kind of balls, right?"

"I'd say 'fuck you' but I think I got beaten to the punch on that one."

A million and one hurtful little jokes. A chilled out smile on that stupid smug face, stoned out of her mind. That niggling resentment of critcism coming from a junkie. Always biting back saying why she acted how she acted, because Frankie would just mock it. 'Accidentally' spilling the beans on her flings to Junior just for the hell of it. Needling her at every opportunity.

But god-fucking-dammit Frankie was Rosa's sister and she fucking cared about that stupid stoner grin and offensive little barbs and now she was just... gone. Dead.

Rosa didn't even hear the gunshot from inside the grocery story.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Suddenly, Rosa found herself taken into a warm embrace, pulling her upright. The Fiametta's eyes blurred with tears, streaming down her cheeks as she stared into nothingness, simply hanging in the grip of whoever it was behind her. Rosa didn't even care for their identity. Being held was the barest consolation but... at least it was something. Rosa had always been a physical person, not usually too good with the personal space of others. This wordless comfort was all that could penetrate through her grief.

Her sister, her triplet... the other Fiametta girl, the only person who ever really shared the same boat as her, even if they had never been the greatest of friends. To die in a place like this, to die trapped like a rat... What had she done to deserve that!? Frankie could be a bitch, hell Rosa hardly got on with her but... but...

Unconsciously, Rosa shifted around on the floor, turning into the arms of her mystery benefactor, the flow of tears continuing unabated. She clung to the other like a life preserver in a storm, fervantly, desperately and sobbed into their - her - chest. There wasn't a hint of lust in that action, simply impossible, insurmountable sorrow. The girl was speaking, but Rosa didn't hear or heed her, the words sounding as a mere buzz in her ears.

Rosa herself was saying something, though. It was low, almost as quiet as possible, a murmur, whine and moan all at the same time.

"Frankie Frankie Frankie..."
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rosa didn't want to look up, didn't want to abandon the comfort of simply burying her face away from the world, her eyes from the sight of all the things that had gone wrong over the past week. Even so, she lacked the strength or even the will to prevent those fingers from slipping under her jaw, tipping her head back until she... she...

Was looking into the face of Felicia Carmichael.

Fresh tears, more helpless than the last began to flow, pain and sorrow now mingling with the slightest sense of relief. Felicia wasn't her sister, nor was she her brother. She wasn't priority number one, or priority number two. She came close, though. For a start she was one of the only people that Rosa gave a damn about, that she felt she could trust more than superficially. Felicia had picked Rosa. She'd chosen her, decided her feelings were stronger for the Fiametta than her meathead 'boyfriend' - a killer now - because Felicia cared.

No, she wasn't family, but she was something close to it.

"Felicia..." it was a sob, but it was coherent, relieved. Rosa's voice was choked up. "I fucked up, I couldn't find her."

And she broke down again.

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((With Rickyassistance

For listening))

Rosa lay face down on the ground, hands balled into tight fists each breath was shallow, the exhalation more sob than anything else. Every time she forced air into her lungs, every last cut yawned open, spilling blood across her flesh like water, the broken off piece of glass burning with white-hot fire. She'd scrabbled at the wound, attempted to do something, but it had been no use. Probing at the edges of the ragged cut had been more pain than she could handle, and she'd been forced to leave it be, tears flowing freely.

She was already dead, she realised, it was too late. These injuries needed a doctor, a surgeon, a hospital. On this island, there wasn't a hope in hell. Briefly, Rosa burned with anger; rage at Danya, rage at Alex fucking White, rage at everything and anything she cared to think of. This wasn't right, this wasn't supposed to- she didn't deserve... but... no. There was no sense in that. Hate wouldn't solve anything. There were too many regrets to waste time railing at things she couldn't change.

Frankie... had she felt this way before she died? Had she panicked? Had she cried? Had she ran desperately as the beeping in her ears grew louder and louder by the second? What had she said, the second before that collar detonated?

Ilario... he would be all alone now. That was wrong, horribly wrong. There were three. One of three. He cleaned up the mess, but they looked out for him too. An uneven partnership, but a partnership, nonetheless. Ily was out there... what would he do when he heard the announcement?

Rosa shuddered a little. Her name was going to be read out by that sick bastard. The pain of the myriad of cuts, the crimson beginning to drip to the street she lay on, they both told her that she didn't have a chance.

"Rosa... R-Rosa... Where... did you get..."

Felicia's voice drifted to her ears as she lay there. Rosa tried to speak, her breath catching as it caused searing pain to shoot through her back. She wet her lips, tried again. "F-Felicia..." it was the faintest of whispers, forced through the agony of her shredded skin. "Here..."

"Rosa... oh, oh god..." The other girl appeared in her vision, crawling along the ground. She hardly seemed to have enough balance to make the trip after what happened, but she made it all the same. "I'm here... I'm h-here, Rosa... why? Why did this happen?"

As best she could, Rosa looked up, barely having the energy to raise her head. She could feel the blood oozing from the cuts on her back, sapping her strength. Her searching eyes found Felicia, and Rosa managed a wan smile. "Because... somebody has a hard-on ...for violence," a glimmer of mischief, only a glimmer, entered her eyes. "Bet... bet it's not... feeling too good for him... right now, though."

Felicia crouched down over her, close enough so Rosa's weak eyes wouldn't have to strain. It seemed Rosa's own joke hadn't been taken in too well by the girl, though, the pain showing through and practically pouring out of her. In spite of this, Felicia cracked a bare smile and shook her head. "That's not funny..." she whispered. Concerned fingers ran over Rosa's body, avoiding any wounds themselves. "What did you... is he hurting? Where is he?"

Rosa made a motion that might have been a shrug, if she hadn't been bleeding so heavily. "Didn't... catch him. I kicked him in the balls..." Rosa's hand edged up Felicia's leg, gripping at her clothes to pull herself up, if only a little. "Now... listen. ...Listen. D-don't cry."

"A Fiametta doesn't cry. A Fiametta lets nobody see weakness!"

Junior... emotions aren't weakness. Being human isn't a weakness.

"It's... that's really hard," the dark skinned girl said through quivering and misbehaving lips, evincing a slight scowl. It looked as though Felicia were ready to disobey that order at any moment, and she brought her sleeve across her eyes to try and keep them dry. Once she steadied herself above Rosa with both her arms on the ground again, Felicia leaned in close to her. "You're going to get up from this, anyway... w-we just found each other, didn't we?"

The Fiametta gave her girlfriend a fierce look, one that brooked no argument even though she could barely move, every word a jolt of agony to the shard buried within her. "Stop... kidding yourself. Look at me... Look at me, okay?" Rosa glared as Felicia's eyes reluctantly settled on her gory wounds. "I'm... I'm done... I'm sorry, but... there's no fairy tale here," her expression softened. "...There's no knights ... in shining armour. I learned that... young, high time... you did too."

"True love... there ain't such a fucking thing as true love!"

Shut up, JJ.

You crushed my belief in stories.

"...No... no way. I came this far, not for you to... t-to fucking die in my arms!" Felicia said, leaning back onto her knees and wrapping her arms around Rosa to pull her up. The wounded girl letting out a cry of pain as Felicia took hold of her, even the slightest of touches sending burns through every last one of her injuries. "It's just a few... flesh wounds, right? We've all bled a little... damn you, Rosa, if you die, I'll... I'll fucking kill you!"

"And - listen, Rosa, I'd kind of...I'd really appreciate it if you could call next time."

I'm sorry, Ilario...

Through gritted teeth, blood spilling across Felicia's arms, Rosa spoke again. "It's not... fair, but it's fucking... true, alright? You... have to be... strong. F-for me," Rosa started to tremble a little, the pain beginning to get to her. "It's... your job... to keep going... You're... you're special, Feli... you can't let this place beat you."

Special... you mean... everything to me.

More than... everything.

"Stop.... just stop, at least TRY and say you're gonna..." Felicia's teeth clenched in her following words, trying to stop her tears. "At least... t-try to lie or something, okay? Lie to me, Rosa! I'm not s-sure I can make it if you're not here next to me..." wetness began to patter onto Rosa's cheeks, Felicia's tears coming in spite of all her efforts.

That's... how I felt all those times... all those times somebody broke up with me...

How can I go on?

Until my heart... scarred over...

How'd it go wrong... so often?

Where did it... go wrong?

A hand snapped up, its grip surprisingly strong, grasping Felicia's chin. "I've got... little enough time... without you going into... denial. I've fucking... had enough of lies. I spent... half my fucking life... lying. You're the... one person I could... be honest with. B-because I love you... you're the one. You have to face ...up to this."

J-just... you and me.

You never lied, never did me any wrong...

Went beyond lust... went back into...

What I never had since... since JJ...

I fell for you...

From the grasp, and the words that followed, whatever bolt that restrained Felicia's expressions of grief and fear broke. She simply couldn't 'not cry' as told, but everything else Rosa said, these things that she had to accept as what just might be Rosa's last words, entered her heart and stayed. "I love you too..." Felicia choked out, nodding even against the vice-like hand. "But what am I going to do!?"

That night... your lips were so soft. You were so shy...

I took you away from him, but I didn't care...

Because... you were worth it, worth upsetting him...

From that day in the canteen... wasn't even hitting on... you, really...

But... I stumbled upon... the best thing that ever... happened to me...

"I.... I can't, I can't help with you that," Rosa closed her eyes, tried to take a breath, cried out again as the glass embedded in her ground against her flesh. "You... have to decide that yourself," she opened her eyes, looked away to the side, into space. "J-Junior... if you're watching... Go fuck yourself," Rosa let out something that might have been a laugh. "You... were the only one that... made me happy, Felicia..." her eyes flickered, breathing laboured. "...Sorry I ... couldn't... be ... better."

I... found someone...

after...

all...

G026 - ROSA FIAMETTA: DECEASED

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Residential Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply