Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Away; A new thread with some changes to procedure
Topic Started: Apr 27 2011, 11:23 AM (20,033 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello, everyone! If you're going to be spending some time away from the site, this is the thread to let us know in. To keep things easy on the staff, and to make tracking inactivity simpler, we ask that everyone follow the template below when posting away. If you do not do so, your away post will be considered a courtesy notice but not an actual away message, and you will not receive any extra time against inactivity.

Template:

Handler: Your name goes here. Use your forum handle, so we can easily find you in the list.
Dates Away: Post the dates you are away for here (January 5 2011-February 7 2011, say). Please spell out the months, so we can tell what you mean; dd/mm/yy is not the standard in every country. Do not leave this open-ended; if you have to, estimate high and return early or renew as required.
Days Away: The total number of days away goes here. This saves you from staff math errors late at night.
Reason for Away: Here is where you say why you're gone.
Characters: List your characters here.

After this, feel free to put whatever you want, but you must have this template completely filled out to be counted as away.

Here's the code version:
Code:

Handler:
Dates Away:
Days Away:
Reason for Away:
Characters:

Next, a note on babysitting. This has become an increasingly common practice on the boards. It is also a nightmare to track. From here out, having someone babysit your characters has no effect at all on their inactivity. You post yourself away for however long you are away for, and your inactivity dates are adjusted based on that. If you have a babysitter, that's fine, but it is only to keep up your characters' momentum/keep things going with their threadmates. You are still responsible for posting with them by their adjusted inactivity date, and failure to do so will bear the usual results.

Finally, do not edit any away posts in this thread. Do not post a warning and then edit it into a legitimate away message. Do not change your dates away. If there's any issue, repost, or we won't find your changes and you may run into inactivity troubles. If you need to extend your away for whatever reason, that is totally fine. Just repost to cover the new dates (and only the new dates) that you will be away.

Also, please note the following rules with regards to inactivity:

* If a handler has not posted 'away' for the entirety of one month, then they must post at least once per character in said month to be considered active.

* One day inactivity notices do not count towards the inactivity timer, as they are not considered to be significant enough to prevent posting.

* Any given handler cannot post as 'away' for more then four weeks of any six week period, barring severe real life extenuating circumstances (being in the hospital or another country without internet access, not being busy with schoolwork). Away notices exceeding this cap will be ignored and the inactivity timer will continue.

* Posting on the general boards, or spending a lot of time in chat, will be considered violation of an away notice and the timer will start again. If you have time to shoot the breeze in chat or mess around on the board, then you have time to dash off a post.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder
Online Profile Goto Top

ifnotwinter
Member Avatar
half Iago, half Fu Manchu, all bastard
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: faceinabook
Dates Away: April 28th 2011 to approximately May 4th 2011
Days Away: 8? oh god math skills are hard
Reason for Away: A combination of work, horse show, a whole bunch of shit involving said horse and said horse's owners, and orphan kitten who's still all needy and stuff. BE INDEPENDENT AT THREE AND A HALF WEEKS YOU SILLY FURRY THING.
Characters: Erik Laurin, Ilario Fiametta III

D'aww I feel so special. Was it good for you, new away thread? I hope I made your first time memorable and didn't give you thread-herpes or anything...

marc st. yves

light it up or burn it down we'll all die in fire

lydia hausen

if you don't look down you don't have to fall

sebastian conway

everything will be okay in the end

(so you've got to keep in mind, when you try to change the world for the better not everybody's gonna be on your side)
Online Profile Goto Top

T-Fox
Member Avatar
N-Nopony! Ah was talkin' to nopony whatsoever!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: T-Fox
Dates Away: 4/28/2011 - 5/2/2011
Days Away: 4
Reason for Away: Term Papers Due
Characters: Peter McCue (Handled by Dr. Nic until 4/30/2011)

Mainly extending my away a couple of days. All five of my term papers are due on May 2nd, and even though I have successfully written 50 - 60+ pages this month, I still have 10 - 13 to go. I'm going to focus completely on these papers until they're done, which may run as long as the second (although hopefully not). See you all when I get back.
Coming soon to a deathmatch near you:
Garry Brooks - Swave Countryboy
Jade Aurora - Tomboy Drummer
Jasmine Tolle - Pacifistiic Artist

Memories of those past:
Spoiler: click to toggle

What is wrong with you people?!
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Handler: Greg The Anti-Viking
Dates Away: April 29th to approximately May 2nd
Days Away: 2-4 days
Reason for Away: Wisdom Teeth Removal and subsequent healing. Unsure as to how I'll react to the medication and whether posting is prudent.
Characters: Tabi Gweneth, Morgan Leftowitz, Nathan Choultard
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: Pippin
Dates Away: April 30th to approximately May 3rd
Days Away: 1-4
Reason for Away: Laptop possibly infected with viruses.
Characters: George Leidman

This is more a warning than a real away message, seeing as it's only a possibility it's been infected. Better safe than sorry though.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laptop seems to be fine now.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
They see me walking, they hating
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: Rocky
Dates Away: May 1st until further notice
Days Away: unknown
Reason for Away: Laptop is broken, unable to repair at this time, in addition to housing search and trying to move out of the shelter.
Characters: Bridget Connolly, Reiko Ishida, Madeleine Smith
G068 Chan, Yuan Stephanie
Offline Profile Goto Top

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For future reference, please include a number of days for your Away even if you aren't exactly sure. If in doubt, just estimate high (say, three weeks) and then post if you return early. This prevents misunderstandings and problems, and you can always ask another member to renew for you if you clearly aren't back by your estimated date.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

storyspoiler
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Handler: Storyspoiler
Dates Away: May 3, 2011 to May 6, 2011
Days Away: Tuesday to Friday
Reason for Away: Two take-home exams, one from Tuesday noon to Thursday noon, one from Wednesday noon to Wednesday midnight.
Characters: Alice Boucher, Mizore Soryu.
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We won't give you trouble about it this time, because everyone's still getting used to the new format, but we're looking for a number for "Days Away" to protect you from staff members adding incorrectly late at night and sending you menacing PMs while you're still not able to access the boards.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rattlesnake
Member Avatar
Now you may be wondering, who was wearing the bolo tie? Me or the shark? Answer: YES!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: Rattlesnake
Dates Away: May 4th-7th
Days Away: Four
Reason for Away: Youth Legislature in session in Olympia
Characters: Nick Reid
VeeFive

V4

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
They see me walking, they hating
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: Rocky
Dates Away: May 4- May 25 (or until further notice)
Days Away: 3 weeks (or until further notice)
Reason for Away: computer is broken again, have no way of fixing for at least a few days.
Characters: Bridget Connolly, Reiko Ishida, Madeleine Smith
G068 Chan, Yuan Stephanie
Offline Profile Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: KillerVole
Dates Away: May 6, 2011 - May 9, 2011
Days Away: Four
Reason for Away: My uncle is getting married, so I will be out of state with no internet access. Upon my return, summer classes begin immediately.
Characters: Aaron Hughes, Jennifer Perez, Kimberly Nguyen, and Claire Lambert
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder
Online Profile Goto Top

nope
Member Avatar
throw that pussy like i'm famous
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, I just realized I never really updated on this from the last thread, so I'm just leaving this here as kind of a courtesy message: I'm officially back as of tonight (technically as of about two days ago but w/e) & I should be all caught up on posts by tomorrow. Thanks you guys so much for your patience with me, it's been a huge help & I really appreciate it <3
Offline Profile Goto Top

ifnotwinter
Member Avatar
half Iago, half Fu Manchu, all bastard
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Handler: faceinabook
Dates Away: May 7th 2011 to approximately May 20th 2011
Days Away: 13? fuck math :C
Reason for Away: I'm pulling two people's shifts at work as well as my own, so I literally do not have days off anymore. When I'm not at work I'm with my horse or trying to teach my kitten that bottlefeeding is DONE and she has to actually chew real food with her mouth instead of chewing me. Hopefully at least one coworker will be back around the 16th/17th, but it's not a sure thing.
Characters: Erik Laurin, Ilario Fiametta III

marc st. yves

light it up or burn it down we'll all die in fire

lydia hausen

if you don't look down you don't have to fall

sebastian conway

everything will be okay in the end

(so you've got to keep in mind, when you try to change the world for the better not everybody's gonna be on your side)
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic