Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Everyday is like Sunday
Topic Started: Apr 19 2011, 01:15 PM (5,625 Views)
Little Boy
Member Avatar
STICK IT IN ZEE BOOOOOOOT~~~~
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[Sorry this took so long, we're here now]

((Jay Holland continues from White Sparrows))

"Fuck this show. Danya, just- just suck my dick or something." Jay moaned, trudging forth through the forest.

It wasn't an eloquent statement, and it didn't have much meaning. But Jay wasn't a very eloquent person. Or had much of a meaning. He was a stoner, a wannabe drop out- he was tired and sweaty, he'd slept little and hadn't had a good meal in a very long while. His life had turned upside down, and he was plagued by maddening thoughts.

If I'd just smoked a little more weed- let my grades slip a little more, I wouldn't be in all this right now.

He didn't know if it was the correct usage, but the whole idea of dying for his high school diploma seemed fucking ironic. The trees were all a blur, and had been ever since they'd left David Meramac behind to die. There wasn't exactly much Jay could do about it, Janet would never tolerate them hauling some half dead kid around, and it was far to risky to grab him with so many people buzzing around. It was literally Survival of the Fittest to her, and it scared him just a little bit. Jay knew David would have died eventually, would HAVE to die if he was to ever see home again. But the whole situation still made him feel terrible.

It wasn't like the situation had ruined their partnership. Jay hadn't dared to bring it up since they'd departed. For the most part Janet seemed happy, and that was good. Her wound was looking better, at least to his untrained eye. Sometimes he even thought he could see a smile, cracking through her stern face and straightforward demeanor. It was then that he tried his hardest to be upbeat, to keep the jokes rolling, despite all his complaints.

Jay sighed, stopping and scanning the area. His pistol was still in his pocket, at the ready. He didn't want to kill anyone, but he couldn't run anymore. Janet would have him by the balls.

And it wasn't just that. If they were aiming for endgame now, he'd need to deserve it. That was what Janet was doing, and that was what he had to do too. He didn't exactly know what that entailed, but he knew that first and foremost, he couldn't run away anymore. He needed to man the fuck up, and take things seriously.

Okay, so, winners don't run. Okay cool, I can do that. Light jog, yeah, doesn't say nothing about that. Doesn't mean I HAVE to kill them, that's- yeah. Janet could. If. Yeah.

He grimaced at the thought. He didn't want to think about death any-

There was a loud squeal and Jay jumped back, looking up into the trees.

"Oh God fuckin-..."

"Good morning, kiddies."

Well shit. Announcement time, the worse time of the day. Twenty Nine in Twenty Four. It was really coming down to the wire now. There couldn't be that many kids left.

"JJ Sturn learned the hard way that shotguns trump words when he messed with Jimmy Brennan. His heroic last stand was one for the highlight reel, though, even if it proved entirely futile..."

"Oh that ginger bastard. Who the fuck gave that kid a shotgun? And how the fuckin' crap does he have the brains to pull the trigger? Shit... John had a shotgun. Maybe he got it after John...-"

"Janet Binachi returned to the scoreboards by beating in David Matson's head."

Jay froze, his mouth dropping open. His brain nearly broke in place. He spun to her, his mind in full panic mode.

It was impossible. He'd been with Janet ever since the fair. How had she killed David? Had he been hallucinating? Had Danya mispoke? Was he imagining things, or had she ran off in the night to finish the boy off? A million thoughts ran through his head in the span of a few brief minutes, and Jay was sure he was going insane-

Wait. Meramac. Matson.

Jay paused.

That kid that attacked us. HIS name was David. Different David...

Oh.

Jay looked toward the ground, and felt that odd urge to hit himself again. Matson, Meramac. Two different David's but they both were as good as dead, killed directly and indirectly by Janet. Jay thought back to the horrible scene. Running forward, freaking out, crying for Janet to stop. The boy going for the gun, his brains splattered in the wet grass...

So his name was David.

"So... S-so we got two. People will probably be looking for us now." He stammered, unsure of what else to say.

The announcements droned on, announcing more dead. That girly boy Viv had gotten slaughtered, and Naoko Raidon had gained another kill. He wasn't certain, but he was pretty sure that was the fourth or fifth one.

Dustin was dead. Jay had never been close friends, but they'd run in the same social circle, and had been a friendly face at parties. Especially when dragging ladies upstairs. Jay had always been convinced he'd one day get Dustin's sloppy seconds- Now that he thought on it, he was rather glad that hadn't ever occurred. That crazy chick who had been blowing collars... Liz. She was dead. Strange, in that Danya didn't tell who the killers were. For some reason, that fact made him shudder.

Was there something worse lurking around the island? Like, a bear or something maybe?

Sierra Manning was dead- but it wasn't the name that struck him- but more so the manner of death. Friends killing friends. Shit. He gulped hard, purposefully avoiding a glance at Janet. He didn't want any one of them getting any ideas. The announcement ended soon after, and the pair were left where they'd started.

"Shit... So, where too now?" He asked, looking at his companion.
V5
Posted Image Posted Image
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jay trudged through the forest, in a rare moment, silent. He didn't know what to do. It wouldn't be long before the numbers would drop ever lower. 70. 50. The top twenty, the final five. What would happen then? He couldn't abandon Janet. It just wasn't in the cards. How long could he hold out for? All the way to the end? He wasn't sure if he wanted to make it too then. So many good people were dead, it just didn't seem all that fair. He kept the thought to himself as he walked, slightly ahead of Janet. He had no idea where the Cliff-face was, but Janet had pointed him in the direction and he'd begun to walk.

Stupid Danya. Stupid game. Stupid feet, stupid everything.

He breathed out. He wanted desperately to strike up a conversation with Janet, but he had no idea what to say. Maybe they should talk about bands. He always liked band talk. Jay shrugged, opening his mouth and beginning to blather away.

"So, this is a kinda odd question- do you like KISS? I mean- it's an odd question. Considering we're currently in this nightmare world filled with y'know, death and gore and super depressing themes and... I don't know. I think this whole thing would be easier if you liked KISS, y'know? Or- or any band that I'm uh, that I'm familiar with."

He kicked at a broken branch, sending it tumbling into the bush. They walked on.

"S'like. What the fuck else are we going to talk about? How dead everyone is? Hah. I guess bad taste but... yeah. I could never stomach depressing shows. I mean, I tuned into Survival of the Fittest like- once. With Jojo and... I think it was Etain? Yeah. Yeah, it was Etain, I think it was at his house. We were curious right, and uh, I don't think you know her, but this Russia chick, "Bounce" or whatev, she recommended it to us. And we were kinda stoked, but the episode we saw, it was just a few guys walking around and talking, just shooting the shit like we are right now. Early game, probably..."

"Etain and Jojo tuned it out, but I fucking loved it. It wasn't like, some overproduced high brow shit y'know, with kids talking at a university level about God and y'know, philosophy and all that. I think they were debating about.. chess? Or something? It wasn't a scene for the highlight reel, if you get my meaning. Yeah. It was refreshing, but I never watched it again. Because I'm pretty sure they all ended up dying. And I mean, I can stomach blood, but jeez, too depressing. I'd rather sing, y'know, talk real, have a good time, considering there's an audience out there. I was singing earlier. When- when I was with Jojo, before we uh- before we got split up."

He paused temporarily. What had he been talking about originally? KISS.

Right, KISS.

"So I mean, I suck at singing and all that- and we can't really sing, not right now with so many people potentially around, but yeah. If we ever get some downtime, or you're just feeling kinda, y'know, shit...- maybe I can entertain you with that. Keep your spirits up, y'know? 'cus like, I fucking love my voice. I think I'm addicted to talking. I'm so fucking conceited, it's awesome! But yeah, in any case, I hope you like Paul Stanley."

Jay smiled, despite everything that'd happened. He felt pretty good, getting that out there. He opened his mouth, quietly singing to his companion, strumming an air guitar.

"She wears her satins like a lady.... oh, she gets her way, just like a chiiiiiiiild. You take her home, and she says MAYBE. BABY. She takes you down- and she drives you wiiiiiiiilllddd..."

His voice rose as he continued, his strumming growing faster as he went on. He sauntered through the woods, his smile growing. This was something he really needed. A brief respite from all the chaos, if only for a little while. Janet wasn't a killer anymore, he wasn't a coward. They were just two kids, one trying desperately to get in the others pants.

The thought was laughable now, but it just made him all the more happy. He was going to die a virgin. His life sucked, but at least he was chaste.

"'errbody says she's lookin' good! AND THE LADY KNOWS IT'S UNDERSTOOD!"

With dramatic flair and a sudden surge of youthful enthusiasm, Jay jumped forward through a nearby bush, hitting the ground on his knees and scuffing his jeans. He raised one hand up in the air, in a thumbs up gesture, the other still strumming away on his air guitar.

"STRU-"

Jay looked up.

His mind stopped working.

OH.

Hayley Kelly stood in the clearing, her bruised arms wrapped around a small ginger girl.

MY.

He wasn't sure why they were standing so close at first. He knew he should have been concerned at the fact Hayley currently had five kills under her belt. But despite his extraordinarily circumstances, Jay was a teenager first and foremost. All that didn't matter. Especially in the face of hot lesbian make-outs. They didn't notice him at first, as the kiss continued, seeming to never end. He wanted to yell out to her, not in fear or anger, but in joy. He held back, covering his mouth to avoid any more shouting even as his eyes went wide from the glorious sight. They'd notice him eventually, and Hayley would never forgive him for cock blocking her.

But that was a good thing. Despite the pain and the death, and his own inadequacy, it was still the same old Hayley Kelly from back home. Some people had changed, but Danya hadn't turned Hayley into hate-fueled monster. And that made everything slightly more alright. He couldn't wait any longer. He staggered to his knees, a goofy grin on his bright red face. Once more, he had no idea what to say.

"WOAH."

Very eloquent.
V5
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"It's impolite to stare, Jay."

Jay felt his cheeks flush bright red. He stumbled to his feet, moving over towards Janet, giggling despite himself. He wasn't sure exactly why. He'd seen Hayley kiss many people before. Hell, he was pretty sure he'd been introduced to her WHILE she was making out with someone. It was nothing new. Yet given the situation at hand, it was just so mundane. So routine Hayley Kelly, mackin' on somebody when the going got rough. To see it on Survival of the Fittest, of all the places in the world...

It made him want to cry. Hayley- she was going to die. They all were going to die, more then likely. Only one would remain. But it wasn't only despair. They were still sane. They were still themselves. So he indulged it, that little scrap of normalcy hanging on inside him, playing it up for everyone to see, as if to give just one more "fuck you" to Danya.

"Hayley! Fuckin' Hayley Kelly!" Fuckin- Holy shit! You're here! You're-" He couldn't stop smiling. In a fit of spontaneous energy Jay leapt towards Janet, wrapping his arms around her in a hug.

"Janet, Jesus Christ, can you believe our luck!?"

He let his companion go, heading towards Hayley and the other girl, his arms wide, a stupid grin stuck to his face.

"First off, it's been fantastic! We've been chillin', we've been having the time of our lives! And you know what else?! I LOVE bein' not dead! That's amazing! It's just one more thing we've got in common y'know!? And third off, I'D LOVE A SMOKE! I WANT ALL THE SMOKES YOU GOT, - ALL OF THEM- AS MANY AS WE CAN RATIONALLY HAVE! AND THEN, ONE MORE ON TOP OF THAT, JUST BECAUSE WE CAN!"

Jay couldn't hold it in any longer. He finished his walk over to Hayley with a light jog, before colliding into his friend, squeezing her tight and slapping her on the back. She might think it was awkward, but fuck it if he cared. Too many of his friends were out there, too many he'd never see again. Hayley was here and he wasn't going to waste a second showing her that yeah, he did give a shit about her.

Jay didn't care about what could happen just then. If Hayley had yanked out a knife right then and there, stabbed him in the face, hell, he'd even be okay with that. At least he'd been up front with her, and at least he'd die doing the right thing for once.

He didn't know why it was the right thing... but some things he just knew. "Up is up, down is down, Hayley Kelly is my friend." All the pain she'd caused... all the awful announcements, the five dead kids attached to her name... That came second to showing her just how much he cared.

"Man, you had me so worried! I thought- I was so fucked up whenever I heard you on the announcements, but- just- fuck, I'm just so glad to see you man!" He blinked back tears, breathing out a sigh of relief..

"You have no idea Hayley..., seriously."
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I...a lot of shit's happened,"

"Understatement of the year" Jay quipped, digging his hands deep in his pocket, surveying the surroundings. He still couldn't believe how it had happened. Jay didn't know if God was real or not- but he was thinking of placing the entire encounter in the 'Miracle' category. It couldn't get any better- well, it could- they could NOT be here, they could be with there friends, having a blunt, Danya could be dead- but he couldn't afford to be picky.

"I...well, the first kill was me freaking out over nothing, and the second one was this asshole threating Ema and K- right. Ema, Jay. Jay, Ema."

Jay's smile started to fade. Of course, something always had to spoil it. He'd always imagined he'd run away as soon as he'd encounter Hayley- He'd pictured her coated in blood, stabbing random people in the face. Of course, that hadn't happened. Of course, things had to be a lot more complicated then that. His heart fell as she started to explain- what the hell was he supposed to think? He thought back to Maria... back to David, and that random decapitated kid back at the fair. Things were terrible all around. It would never be simple again.

"Oh, 'sup Ema?" He turned to the other girl, flashing a peace sign. He didn't know her- she didn't exactly look like a party person. Still, a friend of Hayleys- a hot lesbian friend of Hayley's- was alright in his book. A plus was the fact he'd never heard her name on the announcements. He looked back at Hayley, and she continued.

"The other three, though...like. Okay. This is gonna sound shitty, right? But I can't make sure someone I care about wins this shit if everyone else is still alive. Even if they're not killers, like...right, what was that boy's name? Andrew? Look, think of it this way- you're wandering through the woods and you run into this kid. And he freaks out, even though you're not trying to pull shit, and he panics, and he shoots you in the face. And then you're dead! Except now he can't. Cause he's dead. Does that make sense? I'm...I just want to keep people alive and shit. Ema. Alex. Isabel, Dutchy. You too, man. Gotta keep you alive since we all know you can't do it yourself."

Okay... Okay, that, that's sorta scary.

Jay didn't know if he should feel sympathetic, or what. Hayley was his friend- but he'd expected better justification then this. He could feel his heart sinking down in his chest, burrowing deep down. He stuttered as she finished, trying his best to look not completely horrified.

"I... Guess... Yeah." He managed to get out, looking back toward Janet. He wasn't very good at displaying complicated emotions, and when it was an odd mixture of fear-sadness and an attempted 'Stay on your guard' look... well he just flat out failed. Hayley was still talking, he heard her mention Kyle. His heart sank deeper, but at least this was better. This was a topic in which they were on the same page. Kyle had been a good friend.

"Yeah... Yeah I heard that one. I'm sorry Hayley, seriously, shit..." He scratched the back of his head, unsure of what exactly else to say, if anything. Hayley saved him, grabbing two smokes. It was a little worrying just how fast she was bouncing the topic around, and his feelings along with it. But hell, they'd spent 8 days in the woods, running scared. He couldn't expect it to be perfect. Still, he could work with it. Couldn't afford to be picky.

"Yeah. Yeah, let's go smoke!"

Jay had quit smoking awhile back- not so much because he wanted too, but because weed had put a real dent in his pocket, and a pack every two days was keeping him in a perpetually broke state. It hadn't really been quitting... He smoked whenever he could bum one off someone. But being Jay Holland, that was hard to do. Jay had no idea how exactly Hayley had run by some cigs, had she brought them up camping? Probably. In any case, he wasn't going to complain.

Hmm. Last Cigarette. Knock on wood-
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
They’d talked like they were old friends. Well, in truth, they were old friends. Jay wasn’t exactly sure what it meant to say “talking like old friends” but he knew it was a good thing. The conversation flowed on endlessly, Hayley Kelly and Jay Holland two stupid stoners, recounting exploits and jokes, having the time of their life at the end of their lives. Oddly poetic, completely stupid and utterly terrifying. But he didn’t mind. Hayley was Hayley, and well, he was Jay Holland. He wasn’t much of anything to begin with, but at least he hadn’t changed.

He never would change. Ema, Hayley, Janet and Jay. Only one of them would survive, if any. What chance would he stand in the final four, against them? He couldn’t kill Janet; it just wasn’t in the cards. He still couldn’t believe just what had happened to Hayley- but he wasn’t about to kill her either. He barely knew Ema, but that counted for shit all. She was quiet, but she was hot and she was Hayley’s bitch. That meant no killing her either.

So what was he to do? There was no one he could kill. He was right and good, proper fucked. He was stuck as he was right then, a dopey stoner who couldn’t really cope with reality. He’d die like that, same as it ever was.

Is that a bad thing? Really- is that really such a bad thing? I should like me. I’m not that bad a dude… Fuckit. Just fuckit.

Jay sighed and sat down, spreading out his pack next to Janet. The sun was setting, and they were going to camp for the night. Not much had happened- He supposed that was a good thing. More kids had probably died. He sighed again.

How in the hell was he still going?

He looked over at Janet. He felt a bit bad about his freak-out- what with finding Hayley he’d had little time to talk to her. He wasn’t sure why, but he felt like it was a dickish thing to do. She was lying down, but he wasn’t sure if she was sleeping yet or not. Hayley and Ema were, but he was a night hawk at the best of times. And it wasn’t like he was about to get a good nights sleep anyway. He reached forward, jostling her shoulder.

“Hey. Hey Janet.”

He paused. He didn’t know what exactly to say, but that’d never stopped him before. He needed to talk.

“Hey Janet- uh- not sure if you’re awake or- well. Whatever. You can just go back to sleep, I just wanted to talk to someone. It’s a little crazy to talk to myself.”

Well no shit…

“I… Just wanted to say y’know. Sorry. For uh, for the fair n’ stuff. Not sure if I said before, never had a really good memory with that sorta thing. I figured it’d be best to do it again, to reiterate. I’m not gonna ditch you for Hayley or anything because y’know. I really like you Janet. You’re awesome, and uh, yeah. You get it. We’ll all stick together, nice group from here on out.”

Jay waved his hand toward the forest half-heartedly. The forest was deathly quiet. Some nights he’d heard gunshots, sounds and people moving in the distance. Tonight it was empty.

“It’s fucked. I’m sorry I freaked back with- with David. I just really didn’t expect it to go that far. I didn’t mean to shoot him- that was fucked up. That was- he just started screaming like a crazy bastard, I just wanted him to go away… But y’know. It’s so fucked. Danya- this entire game. So fucked. Man… I’m just saying-”

Jay laughed, trying hard to mask it as a courtesy to the sleeping forms around him. He was smiling, although it was impossible to tell in the dark.

“Heh. I’m just saying what everyone else has said. Hell, people have probably said THAT already too! People have probably commented on the fact that everyone is commenting on Survival of the Fittest… Hell, they’ve probably fuckin’ commented on the fact that people constantly comment on the fact that everyone- I don’t know what I’m talking about. “

He paused, staring out into the night. Where were the others? Jojo and Alex, Jasper and Isabel. Where were they sleeping? What was running through there heads. Jay thought long and hard, running through a list of people he knew. Jeremy Franco. Where was that shitbag? They weren’t exactly close friends, but Jeremy was a funny guy. He kept thinking about others, Saul, that kid who played the mascot at all the school games. He was a total pushover and a complete bitch, but Jay hadn’t heard his name read out yet. Or couldn’t remember hearing it... Liz Polanzski had been all over the announcements for awhile, but she was apparently very dead. A real shame, whatever she’d done to the collars had really fucked up Danya’s day. She’d died for it, but it was apparently a big deal.

Who else? The Indian kid who’d threatened him back in the forest with Jojo and Fatty John. Sunil, he was still around. David Meramac- he hadn’t looked too hot the last time Jay had seen him. He had a sinking feeling David wouldn’t last much longer. That freaky ass goth girl, Anna something or the other, she was still around though. The same with Tabi, who’d sat behind him in History Class. She’d killed Clio, that psycho bitch who’d been slaughtering people left and right in the first few days. That was more of a relief then anything else.

“I feel like I’m running through the motions.” He said abruptly. “I just don’t get it, you know? Like- I have to feel bad at this point in the game, feel angry at this point, lament all the senseless death at this point, and then kill someone at this point... And I just find it really funny how unremarkable it all seems, how standard it is. So I can’t take it all that seriously, and I keep fucking it up. I know I’m going to get my ass killed eventually- I know I need to be serious. I think I have it sometimes, I promise myself, no more joking around, people are dying. This is serious. But I can’t help it. Because well, the alternative is some pretty fucked up shit. I really think there’s something wrong with me… A big-ass clusterfuck, that’s what it is. And I don’t know what to do or how to explain it any better then that.”

Gonna die. I’m gonna fucking die.

He closed his eyes. He didn’t want to say anymore. Janet liked him, and he wasn’t about to spoil that by turning into a complete sap. She was hard as nails, and she’d probably kick him in the balls if he bitched, and mentioned his deepest fears. He wasn’t meant to win the game, and he didn’t deserve it. So he skipped over it.

“You know what? Fuck this. You know what I want to talk about? My Mom, she used to sing me to sleep. Sounds like the most uncool thing ever- but this was when I was little right? She had this uh- this mix tape and it was filled with all these absolutely awesome bands. It was always turned down really low, so it wouldn’t hurt my ears n’ shit. But you could still hear the voices and the guitar and all that good stuff. My Mom, she’s really cool like that. She’d play it when it was bed right, so I got to go to sleep listening to classic rock, and y’know, cool things like that.”
“She liked to sing along with it, and she wasn’t ever that good, but y’know how it is. She tried. Problem was, I would, like, start singing too. So that’d just wake me up more, then I never wanted to sleep. So uh, she’d just leave and wait for me to settle down. There were some slow songs near the end of the CD, - pretty sure she expected me to freak out and calm down when they came on. Sometimes it worked. Heheh. So uhm, she’d always come in at the end. She’d start singin’ really low and quiet, the last song.”

“Running just as fast as we can. Holding onto one anothers haaaannnd.
Tryin’ to get away into the niiight, I put my arms around you and we tumble to the ground and then I say-
I think we’re alone now. There doesn’t seem to be anyone around- -
I think we’re alone now. The beating of our hearts is the only sound.”

Jay yawned. He looked around, at Janet, at the still forms of Hayley and Ema. He grabbed his blanket, throwing it over himself and lying down on the ground a few feet away from Janet. It was dead silent. His throat had been hurting him constantly- at times it was so annoying he barely talked. He didn’t know what it was, but if it shut him up he counted it as a good thing. After a moment he continued, his voice cracking ever so slightly, making his voice sound hurt, far more hurt then he’d intended.

“It’s really fucked up how everyone forgets their parents’ like- after the first day or so. After the first day, we’re all a bunch of selfish pricks, and that’s when people really start slaughtering each other, y’know?”

Jay fell silent, considering things. He doubted Janet was still listening, if she had ever been in the first place.

“I uh- I think you’re really hot Janet- no lie. I’m not trying to be y’know, creepy and sappy and all that shit dude, but seriously, I’d totally be DTF, any day of the week. Totally. Haha! Sucks about y’know, Survival of the Fittest happening to us.”

He closed his eyes, breathing deep. What had been the point of all that? He coughed, clearing his throat. He was tired, and sleep would do him some good. He rolled away from Janet, staring out into the bushes and the forest beyond.

“Yeah. Really sucks that you’re here. Well, later Janet.”

Jay closed his eyes. A few feet away, Jay heard shuffling noises. What could that be? Another student? His thoughts were cut off abruptly as Ema tried desperately to stifle a moan.

Jay began to grin, barely suppressing a giggle. Hayley Kelly was on the prowl.

---------------

Jay dreamed, as he often did. He dreamt of home, he dreamt of sewage and weird mutations, hot chicks and Hayley and Ema, Janet and Maria. He dreamt about home and he dreamt about 100 kids slowly beating each other to death with their bare fists. He was scared. He was terrified and restless and he could have sworn what he was witnessing would stick with him for the rest of his life, stuck in the back of his mind, dictating everything he’d do.

But in the end he woke up, and didn’t learn a single thing.

---------------

The announcements shook Jay awake and his heart rate skyrocketed. He sputtered upwards, jerking his head around, looking at the others. Hayley was awake, Ema too. Jay swallowed hard, feeling a lump in his throat-

“Alexander Campbell died of I-thought-it’d-be-fine-to-field-amputate-my-arm. This is a lesson: practice first aid before your wound starts growing green fuzz.”

He stopped moving. He heard Hayley say his name. Danya blathered on, listing more of the dead. He thought of Alex. One of the bright lights left- his best friend-

Jay leaned over, and threw up violently on the ground. He didn’t have much in him, but it didn’t matter. Tears were welling up and he smacked himself in the chest, hacking and spitting up bile and chunks of foul smelling vomit.

He’d lost his arm. Alex had got an infection, and he’d had to cut off his fucking arm.

oh fuck oh holy fuck

It was unreal; an absolutely terrifying demise for someone who’d never had a speck of malice in his body. It was as if God was taunting Jay for his words before.

You don’t think this is a big deal? Your friend’s arm is gone. Bam. Big deal now Jay- how you like that? Fuck you Jay Holland. Fuck you Jay Holland.

He brought his head up, spitting away gunk. He looked over toward Hayley, gasping for breath. She was crying now- not only over Alex- but Dutchy. Someone had killed fucking Dutchy, that happy-go-lucky blonde haired kid, without a mean bone in his body. Someone had had the cruelty to snuff some poor scared little kid, all for the slim chance of getting back home.

This is so fucked up.

David was gone, just like he’d predicted. He looked over toward Janet, a pained look in his eyes. She’d been right- he was just fodder, bound to die soon. But the pain of just leaving him was still there. Jackie Broughten was dead; the girl who’d killed Maria, aka Panties Girl. Jay felt dull inside- he was happy she was dead, but the pointlessness of it stopped him short of rejoicing over the death.

“This is fucked.” He mumbled out loud.

Stating the obvious, but fuckit. I’m done. This is it- I’m done, stoner always dies. Done.

He looked over toward Janet, wiping vomit from his chin. He felt oddly ashamed, vulnerable. He couldn’t believe Alex was gone. He sniffed his nose, looking at the girls.

“Where to-“

He trailed off, glancing off the path to see a figure emerging from the foliage. His eyes went wide.

“Woah.”

Charlene Norris? The party girl, tennis star with huge tits. Oh, he remembered her alright. Jay stood dumbstruck for a second, trying to work through just how exactly she’d arrived, and why she was standing there, staring at them. There was movement. Jay looked over to see a barely clothed Ema holding up a gun, aiming it at Charlene.

His eyes went wide. Instinctively he reached down toward his bag, yanking out his Nambu Pistol. Shit was going down. Ema was yelling, the others were slow to react.

He raised up the weapon, pointing it toward Charlene’s feet, making sure his finger was far away from the trigger. He heard David screaming in his mind, and he could hear the sound of gunshots clearly.

Fuck no, fuck that, not happening!

“Janet- “ He started, looking over toward his companion. His heart was beating fast- how had the girl snuck up on them? Did she even have a gun? Oh how he wanted Janet up and at the ready. She was so much more imposing then him; the gun was shaking in his hands.

“O-okay- just do what Ema says- just – calm down, I haven’t been so good with standoffs all throughout this game, don’t want anything bad going down- just cool your jets.” He mumbled rapidly, unsure of what else to do.

His gun sank lower and lower, until it was pointing toward the ground completely. It had done little to suppress his shakes. Jay twitched as his eyes flicked back and forth between Charlene and Ema, wondering what would happen.

Oh God- Fuck- I hope for once someone listens to me…
Edited by Little Boy, May 20 2011, 04:11 PM.
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Fuck. This. Show.

He felt sick, absolutely sick to his stomach. Thing seemed to slow down. The girl was backing up, for a second he was sure that would be it- the end of it. But it was never the end of it. There was something about Survival of the Fittest that brought out the sadistic side of God, or fate, or whatever the fuck was in charge up there. Hayley yelled at Charlene, her gun raised. Things were spiraling out of control, just like before.

His heart beat fast. This was wrong, absolutely wrong. The girl was backing up- why antagonize?

"Hayley- Hayley-" He began, nervous, trying hard to break through to the girl. But it was like something had changed in her- like something had emerged. A dark side, to speak in cliches.

Jay felt like pissing his pants. He looked over toward Janet with frantic eyes.

Oh shit. Just like David. Fuckin' shit-

"Hayley, we should go. Hayley-"

No one was listening to him, like always. Tensions were running high. He caught bits and pieces and tried fitting it together. Had Charlene killed Kyle? Had she hurt Alex? Fuck, she deserved it then, if she'd killed him. Deserved it- but not from Hayley, not right then and there. Not so soon after they'd talked, joked and acted like nothing was happening. He couldn't take that sort of whiplash. He wasn't even aiming anymore, his gaze flickered from Charlene to Hayley to Ema and Janet, too scared to make a move.

Fuck- fuck no, Jesus- Hayley can't just- could she really just-

Her anger was absolute. It was like the old Hayley Kelly had never even existed. Charlene hadn't shot Alex or hurt him- Jason had. Jason something, who'd been shot by Hayley. Jay was confused, but mostly terrified. Why was this happening? Why so soon? Why him? He felt a familiar urge build inside him.

"Hayley- Hayley-"

"You're lying, a-and even if you weren't...he's dead, and Jonathan's dead, and...y-you're the only one left. I can't...let you..." Hayley whispered, her voice inches from cracking.

"You killed Jason. You got your revenge. Besides, it's not like you're exactly blameless here. I panicked. You killed five people for no reason. One of them was my best friend's boyfriend. James Mulzet? Remember him? The way I see it, if I killed Kyle and you killed James, we're even. Karma's a bitch, huh?"

Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy-

BANG.

FUCK THIS.

He'd suppressed the urge to flee for so long. He'd tried to put on a brave face, tried to explain away his cowardly actions. He'd vowed again and again, no more, no more running away, no more jokes. He wanted to win, but to do so he'd have to be worth it. Deep down, he knew he'd never be worth it. There was no point trying anymore. It was time to stop pretending to be something else. He would have felt relieved, if he hadn't been so scared. Jay Holland was a coward through and through, and it was his time to shine.

"JANET LET'S FUCKING BOLT!" He screamed, grabbing at her hand.

He would run, but he'd be damned if he'd leave her behind. There were more shots behind him, he didn't know from who. Charlene or Hayley, Ema or whoever the fuck else, someone was going to die. But it wouldn't be him. Because he would run as fast as his legs would carry him, beyond the point where his lungs failed him. Jay Holland was going to die like a coward, but it suited him just fine.

They disappeared in the brush, running at a breakneck pace. He was barely aware he was crying, his terrified sobs choked out through panicked and choppy breathes. The sounds vanished behind him.

((Jay Holland continues in The Stoner Always Dies))
Edited by Little Boy, May 23 2011, 09:05 PM.
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Southern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply