Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Use of Common Sense is Authorized; Start of Day 8 - OPEN
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:17 AM (3,217 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Mary-Ann Warren continued from Waves of Devotion))

Mary-Ann had been walking aimlessly following the path of the beach. Her feet sloshed lazily through the sand and her rifle dragged behind her, leaving a line in the beach where she had been. It was so heavy, too heavy to keep lugging around upright. But more than that it was as if she didn't care.

She felt so numb. She felt like the physical embodiment of black and white static on a malfunctioning television set. Crackling and droning and comforting in it's blank surface and hissing.

Her eyes were half lidded as she trudged dutifully down the beach. So many people had died, but she only cared about the one.

It had been a long time since she'd seen other people, but when she came upon the three girls, they didn't alarm her for some reason. She looked up. Two of them were getting pretty in compact mirrors.

She didn't speak. Just stood with her lips slightly parted and her red, puffy eyes fixed.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mary-Ann staggered forward slowly, dragging her rifle behind her in the sand as she walked. The girls looked like they weren't dangerous. Thea and Acacia were waving to her. They seemed nice and it would probably be a good idea to ban together with them. A bigger group was a safer group. But what if they left her like R.J. had? She wasn't sure she could take something like that again. She was just managing to hold it together as it was.

She trudged forward and knelt down next to Acacia's sandcastle, picked up another leaf and stuck it at the top of the newly re-done castle. She bit her lip. Her eyes started to become teary again.

"H-hi" she croaked out, trying to keep her voice even.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mary-Ann blinked a few times. It seemed she'd stayed with the group after all. That was probably for the best. They were well armed and friendly. Mary-Ann didn't even remember much after first happening upon them. She was out like a light as soon as her head hit anything that was even close to being soft, sand in this case.

She was hugging the gun R.J. had given her. Mary-Ann might have slept a full night's sleep but she was still so tired. Not sleepy, just tired in a way that felt like her soul was worn down. However the sleep had done her some good. She felt like now she might be able to talk without crumbling into tears. The announcements went off.

Mary-Ann rolled over and looked at the girls. Even now she'd taken shelter in the protection of other people. It didn't seem like she was very far along on her promise to be strong for R.J. and she couldn't feel even a trace of his presence left, no matter what his letter said.

"I'm sorry I didn't really say anything before. I was kind of a wreck. Thank you for letting me stay."

((Continued in Everyday is like Sunday))
Edited by Ruggahissy, May 29 2011, 03:08 PM.
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Beach: East · Next Topic »
Add Reply