Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Use of Common Sense is Authorized; Start of Day 8 - OPEN
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:17 AM (3,130 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Charlene Norris continued from Anthem for Doomed Youth))

Charlie should have been feeling a lot worse than she was. The past two announcements had heralded the deaths of fifty people - Feo, Janet (okay, she was a bit of a bitch, but still), Jamie, Carla, JJ (and killed by Jimmy Brennan, of all people), and Madelyn were the ones that stuck out to her - oh, and one other:

... Charlene Norris was the next to get in on the action, shooting down Kyle Portman, who was dumb enough to take the bullet for Hayley Kelly ...

That was the one. Weirdly enough, she didn't feel the soul-crushing guilt that she would have expected herself to feel, and the fact that she had gunned down someone who had probably, up until that point, had done nothing wrong only made up a little bit of the problem. Her thoughts on the matter were more along the lines of:

Crap. I hit the wrong person. The feeling was wildly different than how she felt due to the death of Steve Barnes - then, she was scared out of her mind, and guilty over the fact that she had done nothing. Now, she just looked out at the beach ahead of her. It was actually pretty nice - the only sign of any interference was the large circle, as if someone had decided to create a bonfire.

"Hell, this looks like a good spot to get a tan." Given the context of the game, and the increasing number of bodies peppering the island, treating today as a "day on the beach" would be only as long as someone else didn't come in trying to shoot, and the area remained clear, but still, getting some sun would be a great relaxer.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Maybe for you, my dear, what with you being the whitest of the white people and all. But I don't have to get a tan, mine comes built in." Charlie laughed at that sentiment. Maybe if she got out of here, she wouldn't need to commit herself to an insane asylum. Maybe.

"Alright for some. I'm not averse to getting a little sun. It's not like we can't defend ourselves if crazies come a knocking, anyway?" Charlie looked at Acacia. The past two announcements had given her time to think and remember.

"Roman Jackson was stifled in his sleep by Acacia Salinger, Othello style ..." She didn't know who Roman was, probably some other guy at school. Still, Acacia had killed somebody, and it was pretty easy to "defend" oneself against a sleeping person. Another thought had crossed her mind, mainly that given Maxwell Lombardi, Reiko Ishida, that Raidon guy, Hayley Kelly, and a fuckton of other people, one single kill wasn't really a big deal, but still ...

Charlie just shook her head at the thought. It was starting to hurt her brain. She just stepped forward, towards the waterline, fiddling around her personal bag for the towel she had brought with her, and unfurled it onto the sand before removing her tank top and lying faceup on the towel. She smiled for a second. For the first time in more than a week, she felt, well, semi-normal. She was just a girl on the beach, and if anyone tried to attack her, well the gun was tucked into the waistband of her pants.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Charlene closed her eyes and relaxed herself as she lay on her back. The warmth of the sun felt nice as she removed her shoes and socks with her feet, allowing her to feel the sand between her toes.

"You know after we're done here, we should go find some fresh water. I could really use a bath. Well, at least getting some of this dirt off of me." Charlie smiled at Thea's suggestion of a bath. Who knew how many diseases they could contract by being on this island?

"There's a whole ocean out there. Heck, if we swim far enough it won't even matter what we look like any more!" A pause, as Acacia thought about what she had said. "Sorry, that was uncalled for."

"Don't worry about it. I'm not going in there, anyway. Water's too cold, and whatever's in there would probably make us even dirtier." Charlie wasn't as offended by Acacia's joke as she should have been. Maybe it was the killing that had made them more cynical, or maybe it was that itch on her left leg. It just wouldn't go away, no matter how much she scratched at it. She sat up, finally looking at the irritation, to finally notice the dressing. She'd forgotten about it, but now she remembered how she'd nearly been shot by Jonathan way back when she first woke up in this stupid game.

Charlie reached for the tape, unwrapping it as she noted the hair growing on her legs - she needed a shave badly. She removed the dressing as she looked at what the gunshot wound had become - it had actually healed pretty nicely, transforming into a reddish, brownish scab that jutted out about an eighth of an inch from her leg. She poked the scab, and then ran her finger along the length of it. The last time someone had touched it, it hurt like hell. Now, her leg felt fine, and her fingers simply registered a roughness, coming from the dozens of little pits and canyons and such that had formed in the scab.

Charlie looked over at the other two girls, looking themselves over in mirrors they had packed. She was about to do something along the same lines when she noticed the girl, just, standing there. She squinted at the newcomer to get a better look, but Charlene couldn't make out anything definite about her or her intentions, except that she seemed to be dragging something along. She patted Thea's shoulder and pointed in the direction of the girl.

"There's someone here. I can't make her out. Looks a little weird, but I don't know if she's sizing us up."

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Must ... avoid ... inactivity! Also, due to a death that's occurring, timeskip COMMENCE!))

"I don't think she's much of a threat. It's Mary-Ann, from theatre. At least she wasn't, kind of stuck to herself." Mary-Ann. Charlene squinted to further make out the approaching girl. Mary-Ann. A woman who would be cuter if she hadn't spent 8 days getting railed by SOTF.

"Hey! You alright?" Acacia called out as she started fiddling around with the sand, making some sort of pile. Mary-Ann came forward, just able to give out a greeting as she stuck a leaf into the pile, making some sort of basic sand castle.

"You're doing that wrong. You'll never get anywhere using dry sand." Thea told Acacia. "Hey. We were just discussing the merits of salt water versus fresh water. I'm all for fresh water to clean up after we finish relaxing here on the beach. Acacia's calling me names for not enjoying the salt water more. What do you think?" She greeted Mary-Ann. Charlie turned onto her stomach and giggled a little.

"Whenever I go to a pool, it's always a bitch washing my hair. Seems the water does something to make my hair bulletproof or something." Charlie took out her gun and turned it over a couple times in her left hand, being careful not to fire it at anything, before sticking it back into the waistband of her pants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night was nice. They had a bonfire - good thing for them they had a fire pit already there. They hung out, as if they weren't on SOTF at all - they were just four girls hanging out together. They played a game of Truth or Dare - Charlie admitted she was bi (wasn't like they were going to be alive enough to make it worth keeping it a secret anyway), they did each others' hair, (so now, thanks to Thea, Charlie looked semi-human - her hair had been horrible once she'd seen her reflection), and they all managed to get some actual sleep.

((As a note, please PM me if you don't approve and I'll make changes accordingly))

The next morning, Charlie's attention was turned away from what had probably been her best day on the island so far as she could tell (well, she was a mess, but at least she was a mess with her friends) by, what else, the announcements.

"Alexander Campbell died of I-thought-it'd-be-fine-to-field-amputate-my-arm ..."

"Ricky Fortino and Francesca Fiametta both managed to get themselves caught in the tunnels, and exploded ..." Ricky's death got to Charlie a bit - it seemed like he was so drunk off his ass he must have fallen asleep or something. But it was Alex's death that got to her - not only did it mean that the shot had ended up killing him, but now ...

It's just me and Hayley. Of their original group, everyone else was dead - Jonathan, Madelyn, now Alex were dead. Now it was Charlene and Hayley, and given that James and Jason were dead by Hayley's hand and she'd gotten slashed when she met Hayley last time, it wasn't going to be good next time.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Getting her out of her to get her death up.))

"Ricky's dead?" Acacia seemed shocked, as she jabbed herself in the stomach with a needle. "He's dead. It's not our fault, right? We couldn't have known that the tunnels were going to become a danger zone!"

Charlene privately agreed with that statement. He'd had over a day to get out of there. Guy must have been drunk off his ass.

"Couldn't have been us. I thought he might have left, but he didn't."

"I'm sorry I didn't really say anything before. I was kind of a wreck. Thank you for letting me stay." Mary-Ann was pretty nice - Charlie chuckled bashfully - maybe it was just because she never really hung out with the drama people, Thea excluded. Another thing she should have done before she went on the trip.

"No problem. I should have talked to you earlier, but here we are."

"So, where next?" Charlene stood up, adjusted the fresh hot pink tank top she'd put on and tied her sweatshirt around her waist.

"I don't know. Maybe ... that way? Maybe we'll find someone else actually worth talking to." Charlie pointed in a random direction and started walking along the beach, bags around her shoulder.

((Charlene Norris continued in Everyday is Like Sunday))

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · The Beach: East · Next Topic »
Add Reply