Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Use of Common Sense is Authorized; Start of Day 8 - OPEN
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:17 AM (3,216 Views)
Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Thea Kairos continued from Anthem for Doomed Youth ))

Thea walked silently as the announcements came again. She tuned them out for the most part. The list of names just kept getting longer, and everyday there was someone that she knew. Besides nothing could hurt as much as hearing James’ name on the announcements a few days ago. She sighed, and thought about what she’d gone through so far. Not much probably in the grand scheme of things. But she hadn’t really had time to mourn, for James. She’d taken on the leader of their little group when no one else would. Then had to deal with people that thought they knew her and could tell her what to do. As if!

She glanced over to Charlie as her name was called over the announcements. If there was one thing to come from this, it was that she didn’t know her best friend at all. From the moment they’d met up Charlie had acted totally out of character. Honestly, she didn’t know what to do about her. So for now she’d decided to keep her opinions to herself and stay with the small group she’d found and hopefully stay safe. Of course how safe she actually was now that Charlie was a murder she didn’t know.

Blowing out a long breath, as Charlie muttered something about a tan. She laughed; she had to as she looked over at her best friend. “Maybe for you, my dear, what with you being the whitest of the white people and all. But I don’t have to get a tan, mine comes built in.”
V5 characters
Kaliska Day
Kathryn Nguyen G61 - deceased Start
Bianca Howard G45 - deceased Start
Logan Cadagon B16 - deceased Start

V4 Characters:
Thea Kairos - G067 - deceased
Alexandria "Alex" Jackson - G046 - rescued
Marion Summers - G074 - deceased
Gracie Wainwright - G081 - deceased
Samaya Boen-Hilstrand - G064-deceased
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thea glanced down at her friend and shook her head, maybe all the thinking before had been a waste of time. This definitely was the Charlene she knew. Take a break from this crazy game to sunbathe, because whether they died here or managed to survive they had to look good doing it. She laughed and copied Charlie’s actions shaking out a towel of her own.

She sat down and began searching through her bag. With a satisfied smile Thea found what she was looking for, pulling out a hairbrush and a small mirror that had managed to stay intact. She frowned as she held the mirror up and got a glimpse of herself for the first time in almost a week. She attacked her hair with a sense of purpose; she’d deal with the dirt trails her tears had left later.

“You know after we’re done here, we should go find some fresh water. I could really use a bath. Well, at least getting some of this dirt off of me,” she said. After several minutes of effort she had her hair smooth and pulled back into a bun, then lowered herself onto her stomach, gazing out into the water.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
“Last time I checked sweetie the ocean contained salt water,” Thea said fighting to keep the sarcasm out of her voice. “Do you not know what happens to your skin after you’re in salt water?” She stopped talking as the rest of what Acacia said sunk in. “Umm morbid much. What’s that all about? Do you need some more food or something?”

"There's someone here. I can't make her out. Looks a little weird, but I don't know if she's sizing us up."

Thea looked over her shoulder and saw the girl in the distance. She pushed herself up off the towel and gave the girl her full attention. “I don’t think she’s much of a threat. It’s Mary-Ann, from theatre. At least she wasn’t, kind of stuck to herself.” Thea waved and forced a smile, but pulled her bag closer to her.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping post order to avoid inactivity))

“You’re doing that wrong,” Thea pointed out to Acacia as Mary-Ann joined the group. “You’ll never get anywhere using dry sand.”

Thea smiled as Mary-Ann joined them. “Hey,” she said brightly. “We were just discussing the merits of salt water versus fresh water. I’m all for fresh water to clean up after we finish relaxing here on the beach. Acacia’s calling me names for not enjoying the salt water more. What do you think?”

Thea kept the conversation light and casual on purpose, she wasn’t sure she was ready to another recount of the terrors that Mary-Ann had faced on the island. Or worse yet having to recount losing Jason, who she’d inadvertently sent to his death, or reliving James’ death, which she hadn’t even been there to see. She’d only heard about it over the announcements. She sighed, this place sucked. Picking up a shell from the beach she hurled it as hard as she could into the ocean.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thea blinked up in surprise as Charlie announced that they were going and took off. She cursed Danya’s announcement for bringing reality crashing back. They’d managed to do a pretty good job of ignoring their situation last night, when they’d thrown an impromptu sleep over. The only thing that had really been missing was the junk food.

“What crawled up her shorts all of sudden,” Thea muttered aloud as she gathered her things. “We should probably go after her; trouble seems to find her when she’s by herself.”

Thea gathered the last of her belongings and slowly started after her best friend, giving the others a chance to catch up. “What’s the rush,” she called. “You’re just going to get us lost again.”

((Thea Kairos continued in Everyday is like Sunday))
Edited by Arscapi, May 22 2011, 11:10 PM.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Beach: East · Next Topic »
Add Reply