Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
... Because I Can't Make It On My Own; Start of Day 8 - OPEN
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:17 AM (4,544 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Nick LeMonde continued from Aching Chest and Blurry Sight))

Nick walked hand in hand with Jessica behind the group. He held onto her protectively. It was nice having her with him. He knew she was safe like this. It was also a change in company, it was someone who knew him from before his life was a whirling mess of blood and blades. She knew the Nick from back home. When he looked at her, it was like he was back there for a second.

But that was only one half of it. The other half of it was that she would find out what he'd done. There was nothing wrong with what he'd done, no, not at all. He was just following the rules. Not everyone would see it like that though. It was impossible for him to know how she would react to something like that. Not letting on while trying to be protective was like a complicated juggling act.

Gracie went first into the shack they saw up ahead. Nick stepped carefully over the two dead bodies at the entrance.

He peeked in after Gracie, making sure the bulk of his broad body was in front of Jessica in case there was some attacker inside.

There was no attacker but it didn't take him long to conclude that his juggling act had just spilled all over the floor. Nick stood in silence, unsure of what to do now that they were face to face with Simon again.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Standing there looking at Simon in those seconds was terrifying. His heart pumped so hard he could feel the beats in his palms and it felt like every inch of him was vibrating. His grip on Jessica's hand squeezed to a painful grasp. Finally Teo told the girl with the big honking gun that it was Simon who was the killer.

Was he a killer? It was impossible to remember with all those names listed off everyday. Maybe he was. All that mattered to him was that it gave everyone an excuse to rush into action without time to talk through what may or may not have happened. Jessica would leave him if she knew. Simon had to be quiet. Teo could make that happen. And Nick? Nick could help.

"Jessica! Watch out," he yelled and shoved her out the door at two people who were waiting just outside. They were the two from before. Nick slammed the door behind her and leaned against it, panting. He pulled the sword out and stood at the ready.

While standing in that cabin and looking at the fight, a series of unpleasant thoughts ran though his head. He shoved Jessica out to protect her. Or did he do it to protect himself? What if she was hurt now that they were separated?

No, there's a girl with a gun and a guy I know doesn't like me in here. She's safer out there. It was for her. True, I can't have her in here in case he talks, but it really was for Jessica. I'm not a selfish person. I'm good. I....I....It was for her.

He stood next to Gracie with his feet planted wide and the sword poised in front of him. His eyes narrowed at his former teammate.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((All GM approved by Ciel ))

There were incredible flashes of movement as the scene became a blur of bodies. Nick’s sword slid through the skin of the other boy, reaching his arm instead of anything more damaging. The blood dripped and marred the ground with a few specks of red. Before he knew it the specks were joined by a torrent when Gracie slammed to the floor. Nick stared slack jawed at her.

“G-Gracie?”

Her head was dented in where Simon’s tire iron had made contact like he was swinging for the outfield.

Nick reached out his clumsy, thick fingers to her face. Fine wisps of her deep brown hair, now matted and dirty, were stuck to her face with blood. It was that smell again. The smell nearly made him vomit a second time. He tried to imagine and pretend that he was just in the butcher’s section of a super market, but there was some pungent quality about the smell of human blood that just made it impossible to disguise. He tried to swallow back a wave of nausea.

She was filthy and the terror in her glazed over eyes was awful, but she was still a girl, even if she was a dead one. She looked like a broken doll with her limbs sprawled around haphazardly where they landed. Gracie….this wasn’t her. It was just some shell. She may not have been the nicest girl ever, but she’d stayed by them since almost the beginning and there wasn’t anything left of her now other than a pile of parts. It was something Nick didn’t feel like he could get used to. He felt strangely hollow.

This mountain of observations took fractions of a second and was hardly even processed by Nick because just as soon as Gracie hit the floor, something went whizzing behind him. He turned and saw Jessica with her rifle pointed at Simon. He followed and saw a dart stuck in Simon just before the boy barreled through them.

“You shot him!” he said in dead shock.

Teo grabbed him by the shirt and told him they were going after him. He looked possessed, screaming at him and ripping open the door to the cabin.

Nick picked up his bag and Jessica’s, despite what Teo had told him and reached out for her. He put an arm on her shoulder and looked down at her for a moment. Nick thought it was strange, but he needed very badly to be able to touch her and hold onto her. He needed this person to take care of. Some strange yearning kept him near her as they walked forward together out of the nearly destroyed hut. She looked back up at him.

He felt a chill when their eyes met. He remembered what she looked like back when they first met in the library. So shy. So sweet. She’d spent less than two days with him now and she’d shot someone. Not with a bullet, but still, it weighed heavily on him that she became someone who could pull a trigger. He worried it was because of him. He was afraid he'd ruined her.

Nick put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his side. He just wanted to protect her. He turned away from her and looked up.

I just don’t want her to end up…..

Like me.

((Nick LeMonde continued Full Circle))
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Ranger Station · Next Topic »
Add Reply