Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
... Because I Can't Make It On My Own; Start of Day 8 - OPEN
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:17 AM (4,724 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Simon Telamon continued from And Knowledge Itself, is Power))

((Title of thread from "M4 Part II" by Faunts))

Simon had been alone for about thirty-six hours. Most times when he was alone, it wasn't much of a big deal. He was capable of finding people or some form of entertainment that could keep himself occupied. Of course, they had taken away his stuff, and reading the same book was getting kind of boring. The previous two announcements didn't really help:

"... Tyler Franklin tangled with the wrong cripple, and as a result, got a tire iron upside the head, compliments of Simon Telamon ...

... Mike Jeffries made the mistake of turning his back on
Nick LeMonde and took a ... hunga munga to the back of the head ...

Bridget Connolly managed to turn Mia Kuiper into a spitted marshmallow ...

... Rein Bumgarner and
Gareth Griffith managed to bury themselves alive under a mountain of boxes and screws ...

Liz Polanski's reign of terror is at an end. Some friends of mine caught up with her ...

Teo Weinstock shot Maxwell Crowe through the head with a crossbow ..."

Things were getting better and better: practically everyone he'd met on the island was either dead or a killer, although being a member of the second group, it was more of self-preservation that caused him to worry about that fact, and the only person who'd managed to mess with Danya's group had been killed ... by members of Danya's group.

"... you can mark The Tunnels off your list for the rest of the game ..." Simon's eyebrows went up momentarily. The first permanent Danger Zone in the game. He crossed the Tunnels off his map as he approached the small building ahead of him. The first sight was one that should have made him a bit queasy, but didn't: the two dead bodies by the entrance, both with their necks blown apart. As he approached them, he noticed the note in the boy's hand:

Here lies the body of Ethan Kent. He's a genuis, no bullshit. He deserved better. I don't really give a fuck why you came here. But if you come in, don't touch shit and KEEP QUIET. DON'T SAY ONE WORD. Of course. Danya had mentioned that Ethan had smashed some cameras. The other girl, he had no clue of her identity. Simon just walked inside, unable to do anything about it, and looked around.

The place was a mess, as if someone had decided to go all party-animal and trash the place. As he looked around, he noticed two regualation bags: the first marked "FEMALE STUDENT #43 - FEO ELERI SMITH" and the second marked "MALE STUDENT #2 - ETHAN KENT." Feo's bag had the usual stuff: some food, water, first aid supplies, etc. He transferred all the stuff that he could use into his bag. Ethan's bag held most of the same stuff, as well as a pair of binoculars, although the first aid kit was somewhat used. All of those went into Simon's bag as well.

Everything else was a wreck, and Simon looked around again, looking into the cameras ...

"... Ethan Kent decided to commit a little vandalism and broke some cameras. I'm afraid he won't be doing any more of that ..."

Where were they? Danya said that the cameras were broken, but all the cameras here were ... oh wait. Danya had sent people onto the island to "fix" the "problem." Simon just sighed and lay faceup on the couch for a second. He was in a hot zone again.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((And, with help from Inky: the return of Female Student #69 - Clio Gabriella!))

Simon had rested his eyes for a second, but it had obviously been longer than that. When his eyes opened again, the couch felt much warmer under him, and his body protested a little as he got up to look for the bathroom or something. He walked into what looked like a bedroom, single bed, and a nightstand with a mirror mounted to it. Simon approached the mirror to look at himself.

He was, needless to say, quite the mess. He was covered in dirt, sweat, and bruises, his hair was ragged (of course, he hadn't put a comb to it in over a week), and his bread-and water diet meant that his clothes were starting to become loose on him, and

Wait. What was that?

As Simon looked closer at his neck, he noticed a small seam in the collar, nothing too much, but just enough to be exploited with a key. His eyes went straight to his pocket as he reached for the key in his pocket and held it in front of him, as if it were some gold doubloon, and put it to the seam in his collar, wriggling it about for a few seconds, removing a panel allowing the wiring to become visible. As he inspected the wiring on the collar, he put his hands, making a wild guess on his life.

Well, here goes nothing ...

He pulled. Nothing. He looked for anything that would seem like a sensor, and pulled at the lead going into the chip, and then at the wire going into the other chip he saw.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Simon screwed his eyes shut, preparing for the inevitable explosion.

He opened his eyes and pulled at his collar. The thing fell off his neck and clattered to the ground as Simon just stared at the now-useless piece of metal that had shackled him, as one thought came to his head:

I beat the system. I beat the system right in front of Danya!

"Funny. Or ... not so funny. I thought you of all people could do this Simon, you loved computers."

Simon was about to laugh when a familiar voice rang out. He lifted his head to the person lying on her side on the bed.

"What the ... Clio? How, but how are you here? Did you manage to heal yourself or ..." Clio Gabriella, Simon's (ex-)girlfriend, smiled briefly.

"... and yet, you aren't that smart up there, Simon. You can't heal bullet wounds, honey." Clio got up from the bed and sat up on the edge, running her hand through her smooth hair.

"Then what's happening? I just got the collar off, and you're here, even though you got shot, so what would that mean?" Simon was stumped. He had seen the bullet wound, watched her die in his arms. Even with her standing in front of him, he couldn't fully believe it as he took a step towards her.

"Simon, Simon, Simon. Not to be blunt here, but there was a reason I didn't stop you from running a week ago. You're too ... nice. And innocent." Clio paused, as she thought of the right way to break the truth: "This is a dream, honey."

Simon pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation as hard as he could. Nothing. "Γαμώτο." (Shit) "Well, not so much anymore. I killed someone. Just like you did." Clio just smirked at that.

"You're not like me, Simon. You know that. I know that. You know and I know what happened there, but that doesn't make you any more like me. And ... I'm sorry. I'm just sorry that you of all people had to do what you did. Like everyone I killed, I just got that little bit closer to knowing that sooner or later, I'd run into you again. First few days, it didn't bother me, but ... I started thinking. You made me happy, Simon. I never told you that, even ..." Clio lifted her shirt to reveal the bullet wound, now infected from being left untended to for about two and a half days, before letting it drop, "... when I died."

"Nice." Simon laughed without any humor. "So the one person whose ... life, or experience or whatever for the past week that I've improved is still dead. Almost everyone else here is either dead or a killer, myself included. So what happens now?" Clio's expression changed momentarily as she thought about the situation.

"Well, what do you want to happen, Simon?"

That answer was obvious. "I want to go home. But it would probably be stupid of me to say that I want to do it without adding to the body count with Maxwell Lombardi, Reiko Ishida, and other psycho killers I don't care to name running around. I could remove the collars, but with a death squad having killed the only person to even come close to doing it, that's out, too."

"This doesn't have to be a game of killing, you know. I chose that path, and ... well, it didn't turn out too good for me. And I assure you, it's not going to turn out good for the others either. They'll grow weak, they'll tire. They'll become too injured. And when it comes down to it ... they decay. But you can't take that road, Simon. You're not cut out for it. Just ... "

"Save the others? Wait it out? What if they don't want to be saved if I try to?" Those were really the only other two options left, and he didn't feel like stating that both of those seemed equally impossible. Clio must have known because she laughed incredulously at those ideas.

"Save them? You know better than that, Simon. How many friends do you have left here? Name them."

Simon wrack his brains to look for someone that qualified as a "friend." Stacy Hart ... no, she was dead. JJ Sturn? He was just barely an acquaintance, and he was dead anyway. Nick LeMonde actively tried to kill him. "Ray Dawson. Maybe. It would be the new guy and the computer geek, so yeah. Anyone I could consider a friend is either dead already or would actively try to kill me if they haven't done so already."

"Does he look like someone who needs saving, Simon? Is he worth your effort?" Simon furrowed his brow at that question. They'd been kind of the same in some ways - they'd never really talked to each other.

"N ... no. It's unnecessary at best, and at worst, he's just waiting to pounce."

"See? That's all you want to save, someone who can look after himself So why do it? You don't want to be a killer, you've learnt that. And you don't need to save anyone. So ... what's there left for you to do? I can think of several things, one of which ..." Clio slunk around behind Simon and whispered into his ear "... could be to join me if you like."

That was her idea. To end it right now on his own terms. At that moment, Simon's thought of the idea was "Hell, no." But then, the way she said it, it seemed valid, and almost right.

"Well, it seems that no matter what I do, that'll be the case." Simon turned to face Clio again. "You've hit the big question: now or later? Just give me the ..." He looked out the window, but then he realized that if he was dreaming, then it didn't matter what it looked like outside. "... whatever time of day it is right now to think about it." Simon looked down, then kissed Clio on the lips. It held for about five seconds before their lips parted. Clio just smiled and kissed him back as they embraced, and fell towards the bed.

Thud. Clang.

Simon looked at his surroundings as he opened his eyes and sat up. The couch, the tire iron were all there. He felt his neck with his hand to feel the cold metal that had been there for eight days, and only one word came out:

"Γαμώτο!" (Shit!)

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"He-hello? This is umm... Maddy. Smith. Umm.... C-can I come in?"

Maddy Smith. As he got up and collected himself, Simon racked his brains for about a minute trying to figure out who that was, at which he remembered where it came from:

"... Next to go down was the one and the only Jonathan Jarocki, who somehow got it into his head that running around and yelling and firing his gun like some kind of cowboy was a good idea. Miss Madeleine Smith proved exactly why that was not the case." It explained why it took Simon so long to remember - that was Madeline's only kill, way back on either the first or the second day. That probably meant that she wasn't killing people on sight - one kill over eight days in this situation, especially when the kill was early on.

Simon picked up the tire iron and held it in his right hand as he adjusted his bags with his left and walked toward the door to notice the short girl and her gun.

Whoa. Okay, almost definitely not killing on sight. This was simply wishful thinking on Simon's part, as if it turned out that Maddy, as she called herself, decided to start shooting, he would almost certainly die, giving the large, mean-looking gun she was holding.

Don't piss her off. She won't attack you if you don't piss her off.

"Yeah. Go ahead. Only wish I could have been here for the party."

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Inactivity avoidance post - will change as dictated))

Simon just looked at Maddy, when he heard a knock and a voice

“Hi.” A girl. Didn't sound familiar, but that could mean anything. He peered over to the source of the voice.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"He-hello." Maddy replied nervously. The new girl didn't seem like a threat - of course, she hadn't done anything yet aside from entering the building, nor had he heard of her in school, so it wasn't like Simon had anything to go by. However, Simon did have some data on the next person to enter the building.

Nick LeMonde. Had some weird sword and tried to use it on Simon way back on the first day. The head start that Nick had given Simon meant that there was a very small chance that Nick could be persuaded to back down.

"Maddy, Simon's a killer! Shoot him." And then Teo Weinstock entered the room. For the one second in between Teo's statement and when Teo charged towards him, one thought flashed through Simon's head.

Wait - Teo's telling Maddy to kill me based on the fact that I'm a killer ... when both he and Nick fit in the same category? As far as Simon knew, neither Mike Jeffries nor Maxwell Crowe had gotten even one kill, yet had been killed by Nick and Teo, respectively. Then came the next thought:

Teo's trying to kill me! I have to stay alive! Two or three days ago, Simon would have had no choice but to attempt to wrestle with Teo. Now, he had a different way to fight back: he stepped to his left and swung the tire iron in his hand directly at Teo's head. Teo quickly moved his right arm to block the blow, causing the tire iron to strike Teo's forearm, as Simon awkwardly stepped out of the way, gripping the tire iron in front of him in both hands, keeping an eye on both Teo and Nick, looking for a way out.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing of Nick LeMonde done with permission from Ruggahissy))

"Jessica! Watch out." Nick fully entered the building and closed the door behind him, grasping a sword in both hands and standing beside the new girl, right in the corner of Simon's line of sight. He looked at Nick, then at Teo, who probably had more reason and ability to hurt him, what with having been hit in the forearm and wielding a crossbow. He stepped around, inching himself away from them ...

What the ...

It was that second when Simon made a slight error. In the heat of the fight, he had paid too much attention to Teo. More accurately, Simon wasn't paying enough attention to Nick. As Simon had stepped to his right, closer to Teo, Nick moved. At first, it was a shuffle, but it became another full out charge. Simon turned his head as Nick swung the sword at Simon's neck and ...

"GGAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

Simon managed to stop the sword from decapitating him, but in order to do so, Simon had moved his left arm into the path of the blade. As a result, Nick's swing had caught Simon in his left tricep, causing Simon to also hit himself in the temple with his fist - although with the searing, white-hot pain of the cut, the whack to the head barely registered to him - in fact, for a couple seconds, the whole world drowned itself out in a sea of red, reducing him to pure instinct as he wildly swung his arms: his left arm to the the blade out, and his right arm to get Nick or Teo out of the way.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing of Jessica Pentangeli approved by Ciel))

The pain finally subsided somewhat, while it still hurt like a bitch, Simon could now see ...

That's not Nick.

The body lying on the ground, not just unconscious, but clearly dead, wasn't Nick or Teo. It was that girl that Nick had been standing by. Simon was ... less than satisfied with this.

No, not again! I killed another innocent person!

CRACK There was a prick in his right shoulder. Simon looked up to see another girl holding a rifle in her hands, aimed directly at ...

Whoa. Suddenly Simon felt a little woozy. He looked over at where the pain had been to note a bright yellow something sticking out of his shoulder, just like the one when Milo Taylor had been ...

Concentrate!

As his vision blurred momentarily, Simon noted Jessica standing in the doorway, then the body.

Seems that fate has given me only one choice ...

Simon reflexively grabbed the dead girl's regulation bag as he went low, charging the girl with the rifle, slamming into her with as much force as he could, knocking her down, and going in a crooked path, stumbling out of there as fast as he could.

((Simon Telamon continued in A Slight Change of Plans))

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Ranger Station · Next Topic »
Add Reply