Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Lesson Today is How to Die; (Private Thread for the moment)
Topic Started: Apr 11 2011, 11:46 AM (1,274 Views)
Dr. Nic
Member Avatar
How cute.
[ *  * ]
[Boy #14 - Alex White. Continued from Overdose on Adrenaline.]

Up and over. Up and over. It was a daunting obstacle, sure enough, but he'd made his way around and under it so many times, climbing it seemed to be the next logical step. He had all the time in the world, after all. He may as well live it up and enjoy himself, and hiking up and over that mountain would have been enjoyable enough. There were more bodies, sure, but there were bodies everywhere by now. Anywhere he went, it seemed that Death clung to him. It hung in the air like a bad fart and there was no way to get rid of it. In the end, he'd lashed out and caused Death to follow him, filled a void with his own actions and now, looking down at the names on his arm, he remembered exactly what he'd done.

Things were falling apart, and this mountain was far from the biggest obstacle in Alex's way. It was just the newest one.

For a moment, Alex managed to forget about everything that was going on around him. All the death and destruction and pain and misery and sorrow. All of it, just melting away as he lost himself in his hobby reborn, as he made his way up the mountain and around and over it, past all the rocks and the occasional drop off. The trees jutting out from the sides and clinging to what they could, some of them climbing up a short cliff and always, always, making the view that much more amazing. This place really was amazing. Sunrise and sunset, one after the other, over and over again for the past week. He'd witnessed so many beautiful things and so many horrible things, but for just a moment, he forgot about all of it.

Just for a moment.

He hauled himself and pushed himself further, forcing his way past this newest obstacle and conquering it. He may not have been the first, but he would make it his own. This was his mountain. This was his island. He was at home here and he knew it and he loved it. This was his island. This was his game.

This was his home.

And it looked as if he had a guest.

It took a moment, just a moment, to register who it was. He even managed to eek out a smile before he remembered where he was and what he had to do and what she had and what she did to him and that bitch was right in front of him. Fuck her. She was in his home now. She was in his game now. She was encroaching on his territory and the most important of all these little details is that she had something he wanted. Something he needed. Something he was going to take from her whether she liked it or not. By hook or by crook, he thought. He'd made that decision once before, when he was going to give chase. By hook or by crook, and now it seemed he would get his chance.

A strange little grin emerged, and Alex slipped the Shillelagh from his belt. It was a better choice. It was a better weapon. He would make her hurt, and she would give up what he wanted.

He would get what he wanted. He would take what he wanted.

By hook or by crook.

"Hello, Andrea. Miss me?"
Edited by Dr. Nic, Apr 11 2011, 04:10 PM.
Boy #??? - Joshua Edwards
Hanging out somewhere, playing his heart out.
Writer and local retail slave at the comic book store.

Girl #??? - Viktoriya "Vika" Starikova
Floating in the void, unfinished and half-formed.
Hot headed member of the soft ball team, secretly wishing she could fly.

Those who were
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr. Nic
Member Avatar
How cute.
[ *  * ]
"Oh, you know. Wandering the island. Admiring the sights. Killing time..."

For every step she took, Alex took two of his own. Grip tight on the shillelagh, holding it at his side with terrible intent. Not a terrible weapon in any regard, but the smooth, almost polished knob at the end looked as if it would deliver more than a few wicked welts. A speck of blood here or there, a scratch against the lacquered finish, all pointed to the weapon having already been used. Already seen it's fair share of combat and damage. It's fair share of death. It would make her hurt. He would make her hurt, and he would take what he wanted. Everything he wanted.

She would regret crossing him, if she didn't already. The look on her face told him she regretted it plenty already.

Again, Alex stepped forward, watching Andrea, glaring at her. Bloodshot eyes. Bandaged hands and arms, a bruise here and there that could barely be seen under his clothes. He'd been through hell and back on this island, but he still felt as if he were at home. Through hell and back, and he was still comfortable here in the wilderness. Perhaps it was time to help show others what that sort of hell was like.

"I'll give you a choice, right here and now. You can give up what I want, and that'll be that... or you can fight, and I'll make you regret everything."

An ultimatum. Alex delivered it in a manner most cold, pointing the shillelagh at her just to help get his point across.

Another step forward.

"A simple choice. Cooperate or resist."

Another step forward.

"Give me what I want, or I take it."

Those bloodshot eyes...

"Time to choose."

An injured, hungry animal cornering its helpless prey. That grin was more like an animal bearing its fangs than anything else. That fucking grin. He was close now. He could almost taste it. Victory.

Those who were

Dr. Nic
Member Avatar
How cute.
[ *  * ]
Oh, but that wasn't good enough. That wasn't anywhere near good enough. And how rude, trying to run away from him like that. He was talking to her and she just decided to run away. How very rude.

"Oh no you don't. Don't you know it's rude to turn your back on someone?"

Alex quickly closed the gap between them and made good use of the shillelagh, sending it into the side of her knee with one good hard swing. He struck her again, and again, on her thigh and her hip, just to make sure she wasn't about to start running anywhere any time soon. He grabbed her by her shirt and forced her to face him.

He grabbed the bag and tore it from her, striking her in the side of the leg once again to make sure she wasn't going anywhere. She wasn't going anywhere now. He could take his time if he wanted. There was no way she would outrun him.

He ripped open the bag in haste, and dumped its contents across the ground. No gunpowder. No pill bottles. Nothing. Little bitch was hiding something from him... or telling the truth. Neither one made Alex happy. He turned his attention back to her, and grabbed her by the shirt. He forced her to look at him.

"You are going to tell me..."

He struck her across the face with the back of his hand.

"What I want to know."

He struck her again, open handed, across the face.

"Or else I'm going to make your life a living hell."

And just to make sure she didn't try anything, with that gunpowder or anything else she may have been hiding on her person, he struck her arm with the shillelagh, a blow that would no doubt leave one hell of a bruise eventually. No amount of quick thinking would save her this time.

"Now you're going to tell me exactly where the fuck they are, got it?"

She was his. And he would take what he wanted.

Those who were

Dr. Nic
Member Avatar
How cute.
[ *  * ]
Not good enough. Not good enough at all. Excuse after excuse. He wasn't going to accept that answer. No way in hell was he going to accept that answer. No, he would make her give up another answer. A better answer. The one he wanted. But how... Ah. That's it. That's perfect. That would work wonderfully. That was it.

Put the fear of god in her.

"That answer isn't good enough, Andrea. Not good enough at all."

Alex cracked his knuckles and adjusted the bandages on them. Andrea wasn't going anywhere, so he could take his time. He put his foot on her leg and dug the tip of his shoe into a sore spot, right where he had struck her with the shillelagh. No use letting her crawl away now.

"You're going to give me the answer I want, girl."

He slipped the sling out of his belt. The pouch of bullets. The Bolas. He took off his backpacks, if only for a moment, to stash his things. He pulled from gun from his belt. William's gun, now his own. He made sure that was well out of reach.

"You're going to tell me what I want to know."

And he started to undo his belt.

"And you're going to tell me right now."

He took his foot off her leg and raised the shillelagh. If she wasn't going to give him the answer he wanted, then she had to keep her mouth shut. He struck her across the face with the shillelagh. Boy, that would leave one hell of a bruise. He could already tell there would be blood from that one.

"Now, start singing."

And his belt came off.

"Start singing that song, little bird."

He pinned her down.

"Or things are going to get ugly."

Those who were

Dr. Nic
Member Avatar
How cute.
[ *  * ]
Alex leaned in close. Close enough to hear.

"What's that?"

He put his hand on his ear in a mocking motion for her to speak up.

"Come on now, you have to speak up."

He was mocking her at this point. She wouldn't be talking clearly for a bit, at least until her head cleared up. But it gave him plenty of time to do what he wanted. It was better that she didn't move for this next part. No need to spoil the fun.

"You'll love this, by the way."

Alex gave a sick grin as he held Andrea's head straight, looking down at her as he held her down with the belt in his hand. The shillelagh was nearby. He didn't need it anymore. Not for this, at least. Alex didn't need it for what he was planning. He snapped the belt in front of Andrea's face.

Just to show her what was in store for her.

He worked quickly. He pressed on her neck, and slipped the belt under her collar. He put it through the buckle and pulled it tight. He made sure it wasn't going to slip. But he didn't tug on it. Not yet at least.

"Time to wake up."

He slapped her. Once, twice. Enough to get her attention.

"Time to speak up, Andrea. Because if you don't? I pull."

He showed her the belt.

"Remember the rules?"

Slowly, he pulled it taut.

"One good, hard tug and it's over. Now, are you going to tell me what I want to know?"

Those who were

Dr. Nic
Member Avatar
How cute.
[ *  * ]
For a moment, Alex smiled. He got what he wanted. He got everything he wanted from her, and maybe a little more. But Alex was finished with her. She was no longer useful to him. He was tempted to pull the collar. End her now and be done with it, and be on his way. But he didn't.

After all... if she was lying, who would tell him where the pills were then?

Alex took the belt off of Andrea's collar, and stood up. He was leaving her alive, for now. She may not be useful to him right now, but she might be useful later. Especially if he needed more questions answered. And who knows, he may come up with some other way she could be useful to him.

"That wasn't so hard now, was it?"

Alex went about putting his belt back on, and picked up the shillelagh. There was blood on it. Just a little, but it was fresh.

"You got blood on my weapon, did you know that?"

He wiped it off and flicked his hand at her. It didn't look like she was going to be trying anything anytime soon.

"I'll give Allen your regards when I find him."

He picked up his backpack, and replaced everything in his belt. The sling, the pouch, and the gun. He left the bolas on the backpacks. He put the shillelagh back in it's place, and took the spear off his back. He finally found a use for some of that extra rope. A strap for the spear. Terribly useful, that.

"Do try to stay alive. It won't do me any good to have you die, especially if I have any more pressing demands."

Before he left her there, Alex took a moment to kneel down next to her bag. Or rather, Allen's bag. Something caught his eye among the various little things that scattered across the ground. Two round little somethings.

"And I'll be sure to thank Allen for these as well."

Alex made some room on his belt for those lovely grenades.

"Now, remember. I'll be back if you're lying to me. So I hope, for your sake, that I find Allen. Otherwise, I'll be paying you another visit. And next time? I won't be so nice."

He left her to think about that for a moment. He had better things to do than to hang around Andrea. He had new prey to find.

He had another hunt to start.

[Boy #14 - Alex White. Hunting in Monsters.]
Edited by Dr. Nic, May 3 2011, 06:11 PM.

Those who were

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply