Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I Am Jack's Inflamed Sense of Rejection; Open- revolutionaries wanted. [Day 7]
Topic Started: Mar 26 2011, 11:01 PM (1,861 Views)
ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Fiona Sparki continued from Take Back The Fear))

Fiona Sparki felt hopelessly lost. She was pretty sure that everyone on this island had felt a little lost at some point or another, but she was in the deep dark depths of irredeemably lost. She was so used to being happy and cheery and easy-going, and with a traveling partner by her side, it was easy to slip into the familiar ruse of pretending that everything was cool and joking around with her companions. However, as she thought about it for a few seconds longer, she realized that her only companion had been Nik, and he was never really up for joking much. In fact, he was angry a lot of the time, mostly over Staffan's descent into darkness and... killing other students.

Fiona remembered how much she tried to convince Nik that Staffan's kills were probably pure accidental or circumstantial, but then she witnessed it for herself: Staffan really was a cold-blooded killer, deprived Nik and Evleyn of their lives. She shivered to herself, remembered how the cold blade of the axe sunk into the pit of his stomach. It was sort of like a knife tearing through butter except more bloody and with better sound effects. And she didn't feel guilty this this kill! Owen? Yeah, maybe a little. He didn't mean it, probably, he was just caught up in the moment.

Staffan? Yeah. He fucking deserved what he got. Ask and you shall receive, eh? But that just reminded her of Danya's announcements, which, thus far, she'd found very amusing. More on a superficial level, she considered them horrifying along with everyone else, but that Mr. Danya sure was an interesting fellow. Anyway, she remembered what he'd said about the axe pun, and it really tickled her funny bone. She found herself giggling as she walked, wondering how long it had been. How long had she been walking? How long has it been since she ditched Autumn? How long has it been since Nik and Evleyn died? She was plagued with different thoughts, like Should I have given them a proper.. funeral or something? I sort of just left them there. But they looked so cute holding hands! Yeah, I probably did the right thing.

Fiona began to grow tired and hungry, but that was no real surprise. She'd been tired and hungry since day one, and as much as she desperately wanted to rest, she mostly just didn't want to be alone. She wanted to find someone, anyone. Sure, she'd seen people, but she didn't know if they were friendly. Wouldn't friendly people feel more inclined to avoid her? Her name was on the announcements twice. And it wasn't like she could blend into the backdrop, her hair was like a shining disco ball in dread form. People probably knew who she was, by name, she was a cheerleader, after all. God... What would her fellow cheerleaders say now? Where were they? Were they all dead? Evelyn was.

It was juvenile to think, but Fiona was having daydreams about returning home and taking Evelyn's rank on the cheer team- wait. Yeah, Fiona was to graduate. No more cheerleading. She didn't want to do that for the rest of her life, nooo. Now was probably a good time to forget about cheerleading and how much she enjoyed it. She didn't even have the time to part from her hobby back in St. Paul. She was too busy getting ready for the damn school camping trip. Damn. Why did she even bother to go? Fiona wasn't even too sure if she enjoyed camping.

She took a deep breath and looked around, noticed the scenery as it melted into forest and rolling hills. Rolling hills became larger and steeper, and a quick consultation of her map revealed that she was heading straight into the mountains. Lovely. She couldn't climb a mountain! She mostly just wanted to find someone, maybe someone friendly who liked her, and rest. She wanted no more conflicts, no more deaths. She wanted to change out of her bloodied clothing and into something more appropriate, less threatening, but she didn't have anything. Her own personal bag was gone. She probably lost it during the ensuing action at the town center. She left a lot of her food too... She honestly just wanted to cry. Why did all this have to happen? Why did she have to lose Nik and Evelyn. Why was Staffan such a bastard?! She wouldn't allow herself to cry, but she wanted to. Oooh she wanted to.

Finally she witnessed signs of human life. She heard a male voice shout "FUCK" quite loudly, and as she got a bit nearer, she heard a voice. It seemed the same male was talking to someone else. Talking to some "Franco" and "the revolution." What was going on? Had she stepped back into time during the French revolution? Was someone having some crazy delusions? She didn't know. Wasn't sure if she wanted to find out, but she wanted some company. Fiona was a mysterious being that didn't thrive on solitude.

Whoever was talking, he sounded pretty harsh. Told his friend to get the fuck out if he couldn't keep up. Like, damn! Fiona lowered her axe and made her way through the trees and brush, drawing closer all the while. She noticed a cave off to the side, the boy in question standing there, talking to another. She wasn't sure if she wanted to walk over with an axe and bloodied clothing, she'd probably scare the absolute shit out of them. And if they had a gun, they'd most definitely shoot at her. Throw her stuff on the ground, raise her hands? If they were killers, they could shoot her! She didn't really know these boys very well. Recognized them, didn't know them. They probably rung up about 5 points on her acquaintance scale.

But Fiona was good with taking chances, so she simply strolled over and placed her axe and bag on the ground. "Helloooo there." That was all she could manage to say. "Don't, like, shoot me or anything. I swear I'm not gunna hurt ya."
Posted Image

Dawson Demarke: School Cafeteria♥
♥Soon to come: Francis Scodelaris♥
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fiona smiled at Garrett when he spoke, although he wasn't able to exactly finish his sentence. The announcements had started up again, and Fiona clasped her hands together in wait for the next list of deaths. There were the usual killers and more dead students, some people that she knew quite well and some that she didn't know at all. She sighed deeply, nearly shocked as to how many people had died since day one. It was crazy that people were actually willingly playing this game. She knew they were sort of forced and the circumstances were not that promising, but... Geez, people were nuts. Fiona realized that perhaps she should be angry as well, but for some reason, her anger was mostly gone.

Nik and Evelyn were gone, and there wasn't much reason to grieve and cry over them. It wouldn't change anything and at all, and they would have died eventually anyway, most likely. Give or take a few days, but they would all be dead soon. Everyone except one of course, although she was aware that perhaps they could all be saved. That would be nice. She shut her eyes for just a moment and thought about it, walking into the loving arms of her parents and sobbing into their shoulders... She'd have one hell of a facebook status to write upon returning.

The announcement faded to a close, and Fiona turned to Garrett, eager to tell him 'who the fuck she was.' "It's good to know that you won't shoot me! I mean, tons of people seem eager to do that, right? I wouldn't exactly blame them, I mean, if someone put a gun in my hands, I would probably shoot something too. Maybe not exactly a student but.. something." Oh yeah, she had a gun, didn't she? She had Autumn's gun, still stowed away at the bottom of her bag. She didn't really need it, so she figured if she ended up liking this Garrett and his other buddy, perhaps she would give it to them and earn their trust a little.

But what if they used her gun to kill her? Oh ho ho, that would be deliciously ironic.

"Name's is Fiona Sparki. Your name starts with a G or something, right? Gary? No, not Gary. It's not Greg eit-"

The boy turned away and faced towards the other boy, asking if 'they' were still alive. Other companions? Perhaps they were looking for someone? Fiona was always up for helping to search for someone if they needed it,a lthough admittedly, she wasn't always the best searcher.. But alas, she had nothing better to do on this island, so if they needed anything, she'd be there.

The other boy, named Jeremy apparently, introduced himself and the other boy, admitting that they had gotten into trouble with dangerous people. Huh, weird. She'd think about that later. "GARRETT! That was his name! I knew it started with a G!" she announced, pointing at the other boy. "I guess I could still call you Gary if I wanted to, but Greg just wouldn't have worked at all. Haha, Gary and Jerry. That would be hilarious." She paused and wiped the smile off her face. She had a feeling that Garrett would not like those nicknames at all. He seemed like a no-nonsense kind of dude. Fiona could dig it.

"Nice to meet you, Jeremy. What people did you stir shit up with? It's okay, I've gotten into a few situations myself." She left it vague. Didn't want to go into too much detail and end up inciting paranoia within the pair. Fiona didn't think she was really worthy of paranoia, she was just a normal girl with weird circumstances attached to her. Jeremy continued speaking, saying that it seemed like they lost the guys and admitted that they probably weren't the safest.

Fiona yawned fairly loudly and rocked on the heels of her white shoes. "Help? No, I don't really need anything. Actually, I need a lot of things like a five-course meal, but I guess that's obvious, hmm?" She smiled, making a joke about her own weight. "Sleep would be nice too, but I guess no one gets that. I actually have a motto. I made it up just now, do you want to hear it?" She didn't wait for either of the boys to affirm. "I'll SLEEP when I'm DEAD." She paused and realized that wasn't a good motto at all, nor was it funny or witty.

Play it honest, Fiona. Just say what you really want. "I guess I just wanted someone to travel with. I didn't want to be alone, and I lost my friends, so.. I really don't mind if you guys are in with the dangerous people. I can help if you want. I'm probably not that good at fighting, but three people are better than two people, right? I'm sure I could be of some help. Please? Can I stick with you guys? Pleassee. I won't be too much trouble, promise!"
Posted Image

ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
These boys were pretty weird. Fiona figured that weird boys were considerably better than homicidal boys, but they were weird, nonetheless. She sort of figured that she would eventually run into a nice group of people who mostly kept to themselves, and at the first sight of Fiona, they would run the other way. They would want nothing to do with her axe-wielding, blood-covered nonsense. And if she didn't run into a nice group of people, she would run into some crazy... homicidal freak. This would lead to some to-the-death fight that would end with Fiona dead (she doubted she could fight off any sort of big-shot killer, even with her axe and gun), but at least she got a cool fight out of it all? A final ka-bang?

Except none of that was happening, and she found herself neither in a cool middle or immediate death, but rather... Two boys entangled with the terrorists who apparently kidnapped them? How in the world had they managed to do something like that? It was interesting. Fiona wouldn't have guessed in a thousand years that she would have gotten involved in something like this, but this sure beat searching for her fellow cheerleaders (what few remained) and joining them. This was... This actually sounded kind of badass!

Garrett was explaining the deal with being pursued by terrorists because he and a group of others were trying to break things in the tunnel. Fiona's eyes didn't falter from their wide expression, and she only blinked a few times during his entire explanation. "Intense," she said simply, twirling a green-dyed dread around her finger. Intense and brave, Fiona wanted to admit, but she didn't want to come off as too cheesy or heart-throbby. "Oh, Garrett, you're so brave and cool. Breaking shit in the tunnel with no regard towards your own life, how selfless!" Except maybe he wasn't that brave, as he ran away... But who the hell wouldn't when a group of people with guns were sicked upon you like a horde of vicious dogs?

Fiona remained silent at Garrett's proposition, his plan to stir things up and save everybody. Really, how the hell had Fiona managed to get herself into this situation? Just days ago, she was by Nik's side and people were dying left and right, and she was the unlucky one amidst it all. And now? Now she might be able to save people. Or... you know, get herself killed, but she sort of had a chance of redemption here. She could do something instead of kill people under the guise of useless excuses.

Her only responses were her trademark toothy grin, a simple shrug, and a cheery voice saying, "Okay, I guess I could try. There's no harm in trying, right? Well, if I mess something up, I may indirectly harm other people, so I guess there is harm in trying, but... I'll try anyway. It's not like I have any other pressing matters in my agenda." "And it's not like I could bare to wander the island alone until I die."

She turned and gave another similar grin to Jeremy. "It's all good, I'll give 100%. If I could give 110%, I could do that too." She paused and rubbed the underside of her chin with her hand, as if she were stroking an invisible beard. "So, you guys have a plan? If so, should we really be talking about it out loud like this? That Danya-dude can probably hear everything we're saying, right...? I just- if we're going to, um, fuck certain people over, perhaps we should be a little cautious about it? We don't want to be too reckless, you know? Organization is key!"
Posted Image

ZombiexCreame
Member Avatar
it was a graveyard smash
[ *  *  *  * ]
Score for Fiona! Garrett was actually agreeing with something that she was saying! This sent a wave of happiness through her body (as if she wasn't happy enough to begin with, but that was another topic entirely. It wasn't that Fiona was happy but...), and she couldn't help but clap to herself. She'd pat herself on the back too, but she didn't want to look too strange. Fiona twitched her mouth and willed her smile to disappear as Garrett explained that Danya probably didn't sense them as much of a thread, thus why they weren't completely dead.

Yes, that made some sense. Or, as he also mentioned, maybe he wasn't listening. Fiona thought this was entirely probable because, hell, there were a ton of students to listen to! Well over one-hundred. Could he be bothered to listen to everyone at the same time? Or could he be bothered to listen to three students standing around and talking about things that would perhaps never be. Fiona wasn't entirely sure, but she was sure that Danya was a busy man (probably getting a mani-pedi right now) and didn't always have the time to listen to every single student.

And that lead her to wonder whether she was at danger of randomly dying. Garrett and Jeremy had already been in some intense situations, and, yeah, if Danya wanted to, he could kill them now. However, Fiona hadn't done anything but fraternize with these two boys. Was she in danger? Should she leave now? ...She came to the conclusion that she was probably in danger, but she didn't care much. She already gave them her word that she would stick with them. How would she look if she ran away now?

She would probably look pretty awkward. She was never so great at running.

"I don't have a notebook, but I might a pen somewhere," Fiona admitted, rummaging through one of her bags. After a few seconds, she shook her head and commented cheerily, "Nope! No pen! I guess I was mistaken. We could always do hand-motions." Fiona didn't particularly think that hand-motions would be the greatest idea, but she thought it would be funny to see Garrett flail his hands around in order to get a point across. Fiona snorted at the thought and began to laugh quietly, trying to keep it inconspicuous but totally failing.

When she came up for air, Garrett was motioning for them to walk away. Look, he took her hand-motion comment seriously! Or... maybe not. It was sort of impossible to not use hand-motions, being a human and all. Looking back at Jeremy, Fiona shrugged and gathered her things, following behind Garrett. "Alrighty, let's go."

((Fiona Sparki continued elsewhere))
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply