Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
No Such Thing as a Perfect Plan; Open, Late Day Seven
Topic Started: Mar 25 2011, 08:19 PM (5,614 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Garry Villette and Sunil Savarkar continued from I'll Huff and I'll Puff))

So Dustin Royal was a massive jerk.

Garry and Sunil were worried about Rena's safety, that was why they'd gone to look for her. Dustin, judging from the fact he didn't even bother to follow the pair, didn't give a rat's ass about the girl. And Garry did not like that one bit. 'Fucking bastard, I dunno why I even bothered teaming up with him in the first place,' Garry angrily thought.

For the past twenty-four hours he and Sunil had, without Dustin's 'help', been retracing their steps back to where they'd originally met up with Rena. Away from the greens, past the point where they'd (unfortunately) met with Dustin at the mountain, and back to the northern felled forest. 'This was the area where... where Jake was killed,' Garry remembered, sighing deeply as the terrible memories rushed back to greet him.

The green beret, Cyrille's beret, was back on his head; he'd come across it in his bag during the earlier hours when looking for something to eat. It was a major shock and he felt immensely guilty for completely forgetting about it during the past few days. He'd kept the beret as a memento, a mark of respect, and what had he done with it? Just stuffed in it his bag. It was an insult to Cyrille and Violetta's memories, and Garry wouldn't stop beating himself up over it. To try and erase the guilt, he decided to wear it again, making sure that he wouldn't forget about it for a second time.

So Garry and Sunil wandered around the sea of tree stumps for a while, the larger boy keeping hold of the paintball gun as they went. And that was how they came across the group of four students. "Hm, you think they might've seen Rena around?" Garry asked Sunil, watching the small group from a relatively safe distance while a fifth student went up to talk to them. "They don't look like they're threatening anyone, so... you wanna go talk with them?"
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Trust Sunil to sit on the fence when it came to making that kind of decision. Well whatever, he didn't appear to have anything against Garry's idea of them meeting up, so that was good enough for him.

"Alright, guess there's no harm in asking them," Garry said, starting to approach the group of five, "they obviously didn't try to attack that person-" He cut himself off when the person in question drew a gun from her/his pocket. Garry ground to a halt in mid-stride, staring at the scene ahead of him and immediately began to panic. 'Oh shit, a gun, they've got a goddamn gun out. Oh fuck, is that guy going to shoot everyone up here?!'

And to add to his problems, one of the males in the group suddenly, for whatever reason, started screaming into his bag. Which was odd, to say the least. Garry readied himself to sprint away and drag Sunil with him should things turn ugly. Fortunately, his fears were unfounded and nothing of what he imagined actually happened. The newcomer simply put the gun away again and the boy just appeared to calm back down again, Garry feeling absolutely relieved that a mass slaughter wasn't on the cards. "Okay, panic over, let's go talk to them," he said, sighing slightly at the end of his sentence.

He continued the approach, weaving around and hopping over the tree stumps in his path. "Hey, uh, hello there," he introduced himself once he was in hearing range. "Can any of you help us? We're looking for Rena Peters, she left our group a while back and we haven't been able to find her since. Have any of you seen her? We're also looking for Saul Fetteralf, you know, the husky mascot?"

It sounded all so familiar, then he remembered that he'd been through it before; when he was asking the two girls on the beach whether they'd seen Violetta. It had been a fruitless search though, Violetta died before he could reach her. And if history was to repeat itself, Rena was going to die before they reached her as well. 'No! I can't think like that! She's still alive, she has to be!'

While he waited for some kind of response, he lowered the barrel of the paintball gun so as to make sure he didn't appear threatening to the others. The last thing he wanted was to be shot down like some rabid wolf over some stupid misunderstanding.
Edited by JamesRenard, Apr 5 2011, 04:01 PM.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
So they hadn't seen anyone for days. Not Rena, not Saul, not even Dustin. Although in all honesty, Garry didn't much care to see Dustin anytime soon. The next time he laid eyes on his hockey team mate, he'd have quite a few words to say to him, hopefully without coming to blows. The brown-haired boy of the group piped up next, suggesting they go check out the sawmill next on their travels. Garry mulled the idea over in his mind for a few seconds. They hadn't been there yet, and as he said, it did sound like a good place to rest and seek shelter.

"Alright, thanks for the help," Garry said, turning round to face Sunil. "What d'ya say, think we should head there nex-" He was prevented from finishing his question by the loudspeakers switching on, heralding the announcements. Garry gulped nervously and looked up to where Danya's voice was coming from. 'Please let them not be on it,' he prayed.

Carla Conners. Collar detonated.

William Hearst. Shived by Alex Wh-

Rena Peters.

It took Garry a few seconds for him to register that her name had just been announced over the tannoy. 'W-what...R-Rena... Rena's dead...?' His mouth swung open as a horrible coldness swept through his body, like ice was flowing through his veins, and it felt as though a bottomless pit had opened up beneath his feet.

"Oh-oh God... I-I think I need to sit down for a bit," Garry said, starting to tremble uncontrollably. His vision spun and disorientated him, making him feel like he was about to faint or even throw up. "She... she's dead..." Garry whimpered, sitting on the tree stump with his head in his hands. His fingers covered his eyes that were now starting to brim with tears. Tears for a girl who'd only made it to the halfway mark.

It was like Violetta all over again. Not content with having just the one person die before he could reach them, some higher power decided that Rena should die as well. Two failed searches. 'Why...?' It wasn't fair. All she wanted to do was find her friends, and she was killed for it. It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair. 'It's not fair!'

"What did she do to deserve that?!" he suddenly howled out. He looked up to the sky, fury etched all over his face. He didn't know, didn't even care who he was screaming at, he just wanted to scream until his throat burned and his lungs ached. "Tell me! Why did she have to die?! Why couldn't you have let us find her for once?!"

Garry's yelling died down and he just leant forward, resting his head and elbows on his knees and clutching the back of his head in his hands. His body jerked as he began to sob. He didn't know how much more of this he could take. He wanted out. He just wanted it to end. He wanted to go home.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Garry paid no attention to the group's conversing, lost in his own little world. The rest of the announcements had played out, announcing Dustin as another victim, which only served to distress Garry even more. So what if Dustin had been a massive jerk and had abandoned them? He didn't deserve to be murdered, for fuck's sake!

Quite possibly the one thing that was keeping him from completely losing it was that Saul was still alive and apparently well, wherever he was. He had to find him and soon... but where to go next? The tunnels were a no-go area from now on. That was something to be thankful for; it slightly narrowed down the areas he could search, not to mention the tunnels seemed like a terrible place to search in the first place. There was the sawmill that the guy had suggested, that was still a viable location.

To his side, one of the boys from the small group was trying to attract their attention. Garry's thoughts of Saul ended and he slowly craned his head to see just what the person wanted.

He jumped to his feet with a start when he saw that the brown-haired boy was pointing a gun at them. And he was demanding that they leave. "Hey-HEY! What the hell are you do-?!"

The gun went off, a chunk of lead diving into the ground just meters from Garry's feet. Garry jumped up in the air with a yelp, the gunshot ringing in his ears. He gripped the paintball gun tighter and aimed it at Aaron, finger poised on the trigger. "Jesus Christ! Have you all lost your fucking minds or something?! That could've hit us! Or are you actually trying to kill us?!" he shouted while lowering the paintball gun, resisting the urge to shoot one of the projectiles right into Aaron's face. 'He's not worth it. If I fire, they'll all gang up on us and tear us to shreds.'

He glared at Aaron and the group for a few seconds, watching for any sudden movement from them. Seeing none, he started backing away. "C'mon, let's just do what he says and go," he said to Sunil, "I think we picked the wrong group to talk to." He kept looking back at Aaron and his posse every few seconds as they departed, making sure they wouldn't try to shoot either of them in the back.

((Garry Villette continued in House Made of Sticks))
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply