Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
No Such Thing as a Perfect Plan; Open, Late Day Seven
Topic Started: Mar 25 2011, 08:19 PM (5,489 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Aileen Borden continued from Could Have Been Worse))

One word summed up how Aileen felt right now.

Miserable.

That announcement still rang in her head.

Rob Jenkins was still alive. And he... he murdered Lily. She didn't make it after all. And not only that... Richard Han. Toppled off a cliff.

Announcements were already painful enough for Aileen. It wasn't like she liked listening to them or something. But each time she heard that fuckheaded douchebag blather on, it was a reminder. It reminded them of how much time they had, and who they were unable to save. They were unable to save Reika, they were unable to save Trevor, they were unable to save Tom, and now they were unable to save Lily and Richard. And those were only the names Aileen recognized. They had to save as many people as possible, and there was already a sizable body count.

And now Lily and Richard were gone.

Even now, Aileen's mind was a whirlwind of emotions.

Sometimes she would feel sad. Sometimes she would feel angry. At what, though, she didn't know. Sometimes she would get angry at that fucker who had put them here in the first place, sometimes she would get angry at Rob for killing Lily, sometimes she would get angry at Jacquard for putting the group into chaos, sometimes she would get angry at Aaron for running away and leaving them behind, and sometimes she would even get angry at Richard and Lily simply for dying.

To be honest, she didn't know what exactly to feel.

Aileen didn't cry or anything. She wasn't the type to cry. But, she had been feeling a little out of it since that announcement. She was still trying to be alert, but she wasn't feeling so good.

Maybe the island was finally catching up with her.

Maybe that was it.

Home. It was where she wanted to be. She wanted to be somewhere familiar, not this shithole. It wouldn't bring anyone who died back, but it would help if one day she could make it home with as many people alive as possible. She didn't believe in this "last man standing" nonsense. She didn't buy it.

So, for the longest period of time, Aileen had been quiet, even more so than she was back at school. Right now, she had propped herself on a stump, face buried downwards in her hands.

It had seemed awfully quiet for a while. Aaron had talked to DuClare about what she knew, and neither she nor Milo knew what was up. Milo, she could get, but her? Bah.

But in any case, it had been actually been pretty quiet. Usually an entire swarm of people would come in, doing god knows what. And thank god for that. Aileen was not in the mood to deal with random groups of people jumping in and asking-

Oh hell. Speak of the devil.

She lifted her head towards this new... person. At first she thought it was a guy, but on closer inspection? It was a girl... or at least, she thought it was a girl.

And oh look. She(?) was asking if they were busy. Oh no, not at all. It wasn't like they had lost most of their group over the past few days since they got here and they were trying to escape but with no avail. Nope, they had all the time in the world to get killed by... whoever this was. Seriously, hopefully someone would recognize her or something? She looked vaguely familiar, like most of her classmates, but you know. Aileen, as we all know by now, wasn't good with names.

"Uh... kinda. You'll... you'll have to talk to Aaron..." she mumbled, rubbing her forehead. "He's kind of the man with the plan..."

She didn't even have the energy right now to yell at people as usual, or at least not as much. She just felt tired and slightly depressed, is all. Maybe if it turned out she was something like Jacquard, she would start yelling again. But, well.

But, she had to keep her guard up, as usual. She couldn't spend this entire time worrying about those who had been killed, like Reika, Trevor, Tom, Lily, Richard, and god knew who else. Her hammer was secured right next to her on the stump, so if someone tried to get them, she could fight them off. She could grab it in a heartbeat if she ever attacked the group. Anyone. That included her, Aaron, DuClare, and yes, even Mil-ron. Because you know what? No one was going to mess with the group again on her watch.

Absolutely no one.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, look who had finally been woken up by the new person.

Milo had been spending most of the time either fast asleep or in a daze. Honestly, she couldn't blame him. And to be frank, it was possibly the best thing for him to be doing right now. Aileen could remember when he attracted Jacquard over by screaming that he was going to skull-fuck her. Compared to that, she'd prefer him to be asleep. Sure, he could actually be helping them plan things out, but sleeping was nice compared to his... past antics. Especially right now. Aileen still wasn't in the best of moods after that announcement.

But now he was up. He had promptly announced this by... appearing to scream into his bag. Aileen stared for a few seconds, and went back to the new girl. Okay? Now what-

Oh hell. He was asking her what he was doing the past few days? She honestly had no clue. If screaming at killers that you want to skullfuck them, making fun of their names, and feeling insulted over being called a "Ron" counted as something, sure. But he was probably asking about being asleep and/or dazed this entire time.

But it didn't help he had called himself a "lion blooded demigod". If by "lion blooded demigod" he meant "complete moron", well, sure, that would be a yes. Not only a yes, but a yes with flying fucking colors.

"You've been sleeping like a sack of potatoes", she mumbled, reaching up to rub her head again.

Okay, the last time she had a conversation with him, it didn't end well. For a few seconds, she almost expected it to end in some way similar. She didn't know, him screaming about how he wasn't a potato and that he wants to stab Lombardi in the butt with a fork or something. He wasn't that predictable, certainly. But you never know.

But enough of Milo.

After prompting from Aaron, new girl(?) introduced herself as Aston Bennett, and revealed her weapon; a small gun, a Bersa. Good news, she wasn't planning on attacking. Bad news, she was asking them whether they met two people and implying that... well, yeah. So someone who had a grudge against two people was now asking them if they had seen certain people implicitly so she could fucking kill them. That... that... she didn't even know what to make of that. Sure, some part of her still wanted to find Nick Reid, Hartmann, and Jenkins, and get back, but now... now? They were dealing with some girl who seemed to want revenge against someone, for reasons that weren't explained. She wasn't sure just how bad a thing it was.

And, oh hell. More people?

One of them she recognized, though once again, she couldn't remember his name. But she did remember that he apparently had a werewolf fetish or something along those lines. Maybe one of those "furry" things? She had no clue. The other guy, though... damn, who is that? It seemed as if the furry guy was the one doing all the talking and acting, though.

And oh great. Their new job, it seemed, was not to escape the island, but to find miscellaneous people that were lost. Two new people they had to look out for; someone named Rena Peters, and someone else named Saul Fetteralf, the "husky mascot". If she were in a better mood, she'd honestly make a comment about the guy obsessed with werewolves wanting to find someone wearing a husky mascot outfit. That's what these "furry" people liked, right, mascot outfits?

But, more importantly, she was sure that they hadn't ran into any of these people, at least not recently. Heck, they hadn't seen anyone else over at least two days by this point, she was sure.

"Guys... we haven't seen anyone else but each other for days..." she grumbled, answering both questions at once.

Would they stick around? Maybe. Heck, furry guy would be good in case they needed strength, judging by his looks. But these three people were off looking for someone else, including two people that the girl apparently wanted to murder.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So wait. Aaron had seen Quincy with Nick?

That's what he claimed, anyway. She wasn't sure that he was telling the truth, but there it was. Quincy had been running around with Nick according to him.

Aston seemed to think that was enough, so off she went.

Milo this entire time was demanding their attention further. Goody. As if he couldn't be any more annoying! After all, she really didn't even know what his problem was now. Didn't help that he had snarked at her, too. Thankfully, Aaron had been polite, and started to explain-

Announcements.

By the end Aileen stood in shock. So Polanski was dead, and by the sound of things Danya had sent some friends over to have tea with them, judging by his wording. "Friends of mine", indeed.

Fuck. As if all this shit couldn't get any worse.

Rob Jenkins had died too. She didn't know how she felt about that. Was she happy that he died, considering he...?

She could hear a scream coming from one of the boys, and suddenly she realized that not only did Polanski die, but one of their friends they had been looking for had died to. For a second, Aileen felt a pang of pity, but Aaron had made a decision before she could dwell on it.

Since there were terrorists now out and about on the island, it seemed as if they were actually going to try something. It was possibly something that would get them all killed, but maybe it was-

She read the paper he had thrust into her face. It was the same as before, but as she read along she had noticed it had changed.

Yup, something that was likely to kill them all. Goody. Apparently the plan was to basically fiddle around with the cameras, somehow without the terrorists noticing, and then put lord knows how many electrical volts directed at each other. Joy of joys! So many ways they could die from this!

Oh, and apparently she was person Numero Uno. Which meant her job was to fiddle with cameras and point electricity at people. Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

Aaron. Oh boy, Aaron. Did she have her doubts.

"Aaron, I-"

She cut herself off suddenly.

Damn. Did she really have to do it?

Sad thing was, it was the only idea they had. Shock each other with electricity. To be fair, it had a chance of defusing any radio transmissions coming from the collar. It was incredibly risky, both in the terrorists not noticing AND having just enough electricity to defuse it and at the same time not fucking killing people.

Deep sigh.

"Okay, Aaron. I'll fucking do it. But I need to let you know that if anything goes wrong, we're screwed", she grumbled.

And with that, she stood up, and for a few seconds looked for a camera. Damn, she really needed to get in the habit of actually counting the-

Oh, there was one. Right on that other stump. Okay, first part.

She went directly to its side. She could notice the camera slowly swiveling about, attempting following their every move. Well, they were keeping an eye on them, that was for certain. She had to be quick, stealthy, and sneaky.

After a few seconds, she found what appeared to be a wire coming down from it. So there was one. Okay. And now...

"Aaron, gimme the gloves, will you?"
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As Aaron gave her the gloves and stripped wire, Aileen mumbled a token "thanks", put the gloves on, and continued fiddling with them.

However, Milo and DuClare shared her thoughts. To be honest, for once she couldn't blame them. Heck, Milo even admitted to being self-absorbed. If anything went wrong, people could die, either from being electrocuted or having their collars detonated for screwing with the collars. It was incredibly risky, and with those people standing nearby, who had already had someone close to them die....

Well, Aaron had his own way of dealing with them.

Aileen jumped as he began firing in their direction. Oh jesus christ, and he didn't learn from last time?! And this wasn't Rob Jenkins, either! These were two guys looking for their friend that had been killed! They had been doing nothing to them! They didn't seem to like it either, as they screamed and cussed at them as well, before running away.

Aaron... what did you DO? Were you trying to make people pissed off at you?

And as if he wanted to make matters worse... he had focused his attention on Milo now. Oh great, so now he was pointing that thing on his own team mates? Yup, he had lost his shit-

What the shit was he mouthing? "It was alright"? So another part of his plan involved randomly waving that thing around? Really? Damn. Okay, so maybe he was putting on a show to distract the camera or something, making it look like he had gone crazy while she did her thing. She hoped. She wasn't thinking straight. But still. She couldn't help but-

And then he focused his attention on her.

Aileen turned, and with trembling hands put the stripped wire on the camera's wire. Okay, that was there. She guessed that she had to put it on Milo's collar.

As she approached Milo with the wire, she couldn't help but wonder. Would this work? Would it save them all? Would it be a godsend? But it was going to fail... she was sure of that. No, it couldn't fail, could it?

"Milo, if this hurts... I'm sorry", she whispered.

Even if he was a douche, she still didn't want to hurt him. If he started complaining, she'd stop right there. If he was able to complain. Hopefully if it doesn't work, he would be able to.

Hopefully.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He begged her to stop, but Aileen knew she had to. Hopefully he would be safe, right? If it started to hurt, she'd stop right there and try her best to patch up whatever injuries he had.

Oh, but if she had been in any better a mental state, then what happened next would have been something she would have protested against a bit more.

The electricity transferred from the wire to Milo's collar, but it... didn't work.

He screamed. It wasn't just a small cry of pain. She could tell it genuinely hurt. It wasn't a good sound, and it was clear that not only wasn't working, but it was hurting him.

Aileen ripped the wire away as quickly as possible, and stepped back. No, she had to stop this right then and there! No use trying again if it hurt and didn't work! And he was injured. She didn't even need to look. He was pleading with her, looking up at her like some sort of injured animal. A smell of burnt flesh had filled the air, like some sort of demented barbecue.

She'd hurt him.

He was a douche, sure. But she'd never wish something like that on anyone. She didn't know that much about electricity. But she knew one thing; getting electrocuted was probably among the most painful things you could go through.

And then the beeping started.

Aileen could only watch as he started pleading with her again, but she was paralyzed with fear. What could she do? She couldn't save him. They'd noticed. Either that or the collar had gone off just from the electricity. It didn't matter at this point in what was going to happen next

There was a crack like a firework, and Aileen closed her eyes on instinct. She didn't want to look. He wasn't screaming anymore. She had already guessed what had happened.

But, she had to look. She was responsible for it.

Aileen opened her eyes again.

Milo was lying on the ground, his head resting in his own blood. The burnt barbecue smell continued to fill the air, like strange incense. Even now, he seemed to be staring at her, begging for this not to happen. But there was no life in those eyes.

"Aaron..." she tried to say, but her voice wavered.

A chill went up and down her body.

She was a murderer. Make no mistake about that. She'd killed him. And she knew how much it hurt, based on how long and loud he was screaming. Even if he somehow survived, he wouldn't have lasted for long.

What did she do?

Oh god, what did she do?

With shaking hands, Aileen removed the stripping wire from the camera's wire, and tossed it and the gloves as far as she could. She... didn't want them to be used again.

And she could hear yelling. Wearily moving her head towards the cause, she could see DuClare and Aaron arguing. According to her, he didn't deserve to be calm about this, and was grabbing the barrel of the gun asking him to...

No. She wasn't begging for him to shoot her, was she?

Aileen stared with transfixed eyes. If this was a different Aileen from before, one who hadn't been exposed to so much death, one who hadn't killed someone, then she would have just sighed and asked them to break it up, possibly while yelling.

But for once, Aileen couldn't say anything. She opened her mouth, and no words came out.

Aaron was upset. To be honest, she wasn't sure if he was sad, if he was disappointed his plan didn't work, or just upset because he was supposed to.

And DuClare tried to comfort him.

Aileen wasn't sure how to react to all this. It was like she was watching a movie, rather than partaking in real life. Only, however, she was seeing through her own eyes rather than a lens.

She felt something in her stomach suddenly, and she knew what was about to happen. The burnt corpse, Milo's death, DuClare and Aaron arguing, and her killing someone... oh jesus. The taste of bile was coming up in her mouth.

Aileen collapsed to the ground on her hands and knees, and, well, vomited.

As she breathed heavily from the stress and felt herself shiver, feeling like her body wanted to heave again, she could hear someone talking to them again. It wasn't everyone in the group, that was for certain. And it probably wasn't those guys that Aaron had scared off with the gun.

Aileen looked up.

It was another guy, glaring at them. He must have seen everything that had just happened. This guy wore all black, and looked kind of jockish. And he just literally just added flames to the fire.

Who was this asshole? He had just apparently witnessed someone getting electrocuted to death by accident, and had just came over with a cigarette and started telling them what idiots they were? Not "Oh my god, is he okay?!" but more "you're idiots!".

He was rubbing their failure in their faces. Saying that Milo deserved it or something along those lines.

Aileen's fist clenched against the ground, and she once again started shaking, this time from anger. No one deserved that. He was just wandering over, telling them how much they screwed up.

Lifting herself off the ground as best as she could while avoiding her own vomit, she glared at him, feeling herself seethe as both hands loosened and tightened.

He had no right to just come over here and call them morons, rubbing their failure in their face and insulting a dead person. No one should insult a fucking dead person, especially one who had just died and you just witnessed the death of.

And the only words she could come up were...

"Fuck. Off. Seriously. Who are you, and why do you feel the fucking need to tell us where we screwed up? Because it isn't like we're FREAKING OUT OVER HERE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST JUST GO AWAY GO FUCK OFF AND PLAY YOUR DUMBASS KILLER GAMES!"

Aileen felt tears running down her face as she yelled.

She didn't want to deal with this.

Not right now.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Guess who needs to live? Inactivity avoidance post))

Aaron had tried the basic method of asking him what he wanted.

DuClare, however...

Oh fucking shit.

Oh, oh fucking shit.

Did she have a fucking death wish?! Did she want to get shot? Really, Aileen couldn't put up with this shit right now. This douchebag could just go and rot right now, for all she cared. He had no right to just jump in front of them and tell them how much they screwed up.

And now she was forcing herself in front of his gun, too? Fucking hell. Aileen didn't want any more death, especially right now. She really didn't want to deal with some girl who had some kind of suicidal tendency at this moment, either. Was she really trying to get herself killed?!

Ailee felt herself continue to clench and relax her hand, still angered by the asshole's yelling.

"DuClare... stop. Don't... don't... don't..." she attempted to say, but it only came out like a broken record. Her voice had turned into a quiet tone.

But she figured it out.

"DuClare. Stop throwing yourself in front of guns. Please? Pl..."

She felt herself starting to cry again.

Whenever Aileen was upset about something, she'd often try to snark it off, subtly (or sometimes blatantly) trying to insult something about it. It was her way of coping with things, you see.

And now even that tactic didn't work. Aileen had very little to say.

Looking at the new arrival again, she tried once more. Her lip curled in frustration, her hands still clenching, and tears still running down her cheeks. No more of this shit. No fucking more. He should just run the fuck away. Go fucking away.

"Look... just... go. None of us are willing to deal with this right now. You have no right to come over here and tell us we screwed up. Mind leaving us alone?"

It was, of course, a bit more calmer than last time. But the tone... the tone still wasn't very pleasant.

It was already starting to be a long day.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And just like that.

Just like that he left.

She... wasn't aware it would be that easy. She'd expect him to be a stubborn prick and insist on staying, insulting them some more. And that was the best scenario coming up in Aileen's mind.

Aileen stared off as he left just after beginning to fire off more insults and having stopped himself mid-sentence.

People were strange.

This was a detail Aileen found out a long time ago. Of course, it wasn't surprising hearing that from the girl who usually sat by herself reading back at school. It was one of those things you expect people to say. Like the athlete to say "Practice was hard but worth it in the long run", or the popular girl to say "You bitch stop stealing my clothes!". Stereotypes? Yes, but the point remained.

Aileen was once again confused by other people's behavior.

DuClare seemed tuckered out by all this nonsense, but in the end, they all were. And... laughter. It wasn't a good sign. The entire thing had probably driven her up the wall. Aileen found herself feeling sorry for her, actually.

Aaron seemed to flick through the gun and place it in his pocket, and started talking again.

Already they had to leave.

Aileen stared down at Milo. Couldn't they just... she didn't know, do something about him? They couldn't leave him laying out in the open like that! He needed a burial, or a cremation. Or, hell, something. It was unethical to just leave his body lying around where everyone could see if, especially in that state.

Aileen scooped down, and attempted to grab the dead body by the legs. But in the end, it was too heavy for her. What could she say? She was an un-athletic nerd. There was no way she could get his body someplace without the help of Aaron and Du-

She looked up.

They hadn't stayed.

Aileen felt herself panicking.

She didn't care at that moment that Aaron had thought up the plan that got Milo killed, or that DuClare had a death wish. Well, she cared about those, actually. They were going to get themselves hurt, based on what happened here. Aaron had already two times fired on people without warning, and that was only right at the start of the list. DuClare was starting to act suicidal.

If she had told them what she was trying to do or something... then they would have stayed, right?

She had to be there, in case something happened. She wasn't exactly the biggest voice of reason, that she knew. But she knew one thing.

Aileen Borden had to be there so they wouldn't do that sort of thing as much.

It was going to be chaos if she left. That was certain.

Aileen let Milo fall to the ground, and gently touched what was left of his head, like a mother comforting a small child.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

Both for doing that to him, and for not being able to let him rest in peace. Maybe later she could find a way to bury him in some way, if Aaron would let her come back here.

And so she grabbed her things and left to find Aaron and DuClare.

((Aileen Borden continued in Altering the Deal))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply