Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
No Such Thing as a Perfect Plan; Open, Late Day Seven
Topic Started: Mar 25 2011, 08:19 PM (5,495 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Aaron Hughes continued from Could Have Been Worse))

The last few days had not been among Aaron's best. Everything was coming to pieces. Everything had been falling apart since he'd encountered Rob. Lily was dead. Somehow, Rob had walked away from getting shot, had caught up to her and killed her. Aaron would have been upset about this had several other deaths not been preying on his mind. Richard had apparently managed to take a dive off a cliff. That was ridiculously stupid but also completely in keeping with expectations.

Also, everyone who had ever turned down the opportunity to join Aaron's group was now dead. There was that. It was an interesting thing to note. Even with the setbacks, he still had kept people safe. That was something to cling to.

What really had him upset, though, was the death of William Sears. Will was one of Aaron's better friends. He was a smart guy, in his own way. He was loyal, and tried to be heroic. He was also a bit too naïve to have had much of a chance, especially against Nick Reid. For the first time, Aaron was upset that he'd let the killer walk. Before, Nick had been something of an asset, a villain to demonize but never to encounter or actually worry about, a far away threat to galvanize the group to action. Now, though, it was personal. Now there would be a reckoning. The fact that it would play well into the plan was just a bonus.

Jennifer Romita was dead, too, at the hands of Hayley Kelly (KoS), which meant presumably Nick was alone and Hayley was his enemy. Aaron hoped that, when they eventually clashed, Nick came out on top. Ideally, he could get wounded some in so doing, though. That way, the inevitable fight would be a bit more weighted in Aaron's favor.

Of course, all of this was insignificant. It paled in comparison to the things truly occupying Aaron's mind.

His plan wouldn't work.

Well, that was perhaps an overstatement. More precisely, if Danya was telling the truth, the part of the plan related to actually removing the collars wouldn't work. Over the past few days, Aaron had slowed the group's pace, making sure everyone was rested and adequately fed (at least, as much as possible). He'd had them keep watch over the nights, and, on one of his watches, he'd just so happened to leaf through Danya's little survival guide, more for a laugh than anything else. What he'd found hadn't left him laughing.

"So, what do you all need to know about the collars this go around? They're waterproof, they're shockproof, and they aren't removable."

The collars were shockproof. Aaron had isolated a source of power on the island, one no one had ever tapped before. He'd been pretty sure it would be a simple matter of feeding enough of it into the collars to blow out their circuitry. It seemed the terrorists had actually thought of that, though, at least enough to pretend to have it covered. Aaron wasn't quite willing to believe them without testing it himself, of course, but he'd have to be way more cautious about it. He'd need a hostage, or maybe Milo. Someone who either couldn't or wouldn't protest. He'd need to get one of the others, perhaps Charlie, to actually conduct the experiment, in case it didn't work and Danya decided to announce it as a kill.

More than that, he'd need a backup plan.

He hadn't shared his revelations with the group. It would be demoralizing. Besides, as long as they were working productively towards an end, they were less likely to complain. They knew the start of the plan, and nothing more. Aaron could change things all over the place, and none of his followers would be the wiser. In fact, he could keep them spinning their wheels, chasing after some illusory progress, for a potentially-indefinite period of time.

It wasn't exactly an optimal solution. Ideally, he'd have a functional plan and save everyone right away. Realistically, though, the announcements had proved that he was their best bet for survival, and if he had to manipulate them a little bit to keep them safe, well, it was all for the best in the end.

And of course, he was safer with a group too, even a poorly-equipped one. This was certainly better than going things alone, or with unreliable friends.

He'd spoken to Charlie some over the past few days, or, more precisely, passed a scrap of paper (not the one with his plan on it) back and forth. He'd learned who she'd met. He'd learned that Liz Polanski was in bad shape. He'd decided that attempting to help her was a losing proposition, if she was that badly injured. He'd decided that playing around with computers or whatever in the ranger station was equally stupid, especially when it came out that the girl running things had been blown up.

It all added up, in the end, to an island descended into chaos. That was a good thing, though. It meant Aaron's group was unlikely to attract much official attention. It meant they could continue to operate, continue to try to find a way off. It also meant his allies were more likely to cling to him and the plan, even if it seemed to be taking an awful while to take shape.

Because there was always the second plan.

Aaron hadn't really given this too much conscious thought, but he did have a backup idea in case it turned out escape really was impracticable. The best part was, it was pretty much the same plan as if they did escape.

Now, it was near the end of day seven. they'd been at this for a week. They were on their way to the sawmill, and, though progress was somewhat slow, though Bounce had likely come and gone, they were at least doing something.

It was good to have goals.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Continues from Feral Intelligence))

It's been a while since I left that place.

RJ. I'll miss you buddy. Semper Fi, my friend.

I'm not even sure where I learnt that. It seems fitting.

Anyway, I've been alone for a while. It had to have been almost, over, 12 hours ago. I left RJ's girl, I left the Japanese thing, and I left that crazy bitch to her own devices. They can take her down, I disposed of her fucking explosive. Girl had a gun. Capable.

I tried the Sawmill. The road to it was packed, fighting. Bodies, a lot of them, really. I went around, through some of the woods. According to the map, it was THE SOUTHERN FELLED FOREST (paraphrased. I'm too tired to get out my map.) And that was okay. I finally ran into Francine for real. Unlucky bitch smelt like she belonged stacked on the shelf with the rest of the Beef Jerky. She looked like

well, it's hard to describe a dead body. Especially one who had what happened to Francine happen to her. But people were coming. I ran off.

And now, I'm here. I stopped on a stump near the body of what used to be Hermione Miller. I can see one more a little while away. Another girl. But I can also see people. A group of people.

I'm gonna check it out.

Aston twitched.

The group in her line of sight weren't the ones she was looking for. In fact, none of them even resembled the two people she was looking for in any way whatsoever. That...was irritating. There were far less people on the island than there were a week ago, surely there had to be a better chance of finding the right ones? But no, the gods of chance spat on her. No boxer. Pretty peroxide princess was noticeably not there. A cheerleader, that rich kid, and two nerds. The people she least expected to even make it halfway. She needed their secret to become hers, that would be useful.

She didn't try to be stealthy. This wasn't a game, there was no immediate danger in being spotted. From her limited recollection, none of them looked like anyone she could remember on the announcements. Aston snapped shut her notebook, dropped it in her bag, swapping it for her gun. She flicked the safety on, shoved it in the back of her jeans, and got ready to initiate contact with this group of people who needed to further her goals.

Despite the waves of stumps that boggled her line of sight, she made it over to the group of four rather quickly. Oh, well now at this distance, she could see them. Let's see...

Aaron Hughes. Nerd to the highest caliber. He was...not someone one wanted to cross at Bayview, cause there was no way of telling how he'd react to most situations.

Aileen Borden. Well, this was a change of pace. She recognised Aileen, she was one of those girls who had somewhat of a passing interest in wildlife protection, it clicked similarly to Aston's own love of animals. Still, not like that was a good basis on which to judge a person on SOTF.

Milo Taylor.

Moving on.

Well, there was Charlie Duclare. Bitch. No other word was as fitting as just a plain old "Bitch". That was all she had to say, really.

Of course, she didn't know whether or not they knew she was there, so...

Aston coughed in her usual, attention-seeking way, and crossed her arms.

"Hello there. Been busy?"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Garry Villette and Sunil Savarkar continued from I'll Huff and I'll Puff))

So Dustin Royal was a massive jerk.

Garry and Sunil were worried about Rena's safety, that was why they'd gone to look for her. Dustin, judging from the fact he didn't even bother to follow the pair, didn't give a rat's ass about the girl. And Garry did not like that one bit. 'Fucking bastard, I dunno why I even bothered teaming up with him in the first place,' Garry angrily thought.

For the past twenty-four hours he and Sunil had, without Dustin's 'help', been retracing their steps back to where they'd originally met up with Rena. Away from the greens, past the point where they'd (unfortunately) met with Dustin at the mountain, and back to the northern felled forest. 'This was the area where... where Jake was killed,' Garry remembered, sighing deeply as the terrible memories rushed back to greet him.

The green beret, Cyrille's beret, was back on his head; he'd come across it in his bag during the earlier hours when looking for something to eat. It was a major shock and he felt immensely guilty for completely forgetting about it during the past few days. He'd kept the beret as a memento, a mark of respect, and what had he done with it? Just stuffed in it his bag. It was an insult to Cyrille and Violetta's memories, and Garry wouldn't stop beating himself up over it. To try and erase the guilt, he decided to wear it again, making sure that he wouldn't forget about it for a second time.

So Garry and Sunil wandered around the sea of tree stumps for a while, the larger boy keeping hold of the paintball gun as they went. And that was how they came across the group of four students. "Hm, you think they might've seen Rena around?" Garry asked Sunil, watching the small group from a relatively safe distance while a fifth student went up to talk to them. "They don't look like they're threatening anyone, so... you wanna go talk with them?"
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If Sunil could read minds, he would be nodding with Garry's assessment that Dustin was a massive jerk. He'd been completely insufferable and disagreeable, had made no effort to be welcoming, helpful or comradely and had just acted rude and aggressive. Add to that he was probably staring at Rena's ass the whole time he'd been with the group, and Sunil could hardly be upset Dustin had decided to leave the group behind.

Hey, that whole staring at Rena's ass thing wouldn't exactly be out-of-character for Dustin.

Don't look at Sunil like that.

No, he wasn't doing that. Don't be silly, Sunil was pure and kind-hearted and innocent...

Okay, scratch that, but he wasn't a pervert.

She didn't have much of an ass anyway.

ANYWAY, moving on swiftly...

So, in short, his concern for Rena's unscheduled absence had been overtaken by mumbling and discontent at Dustin's general jerkiness. Sunil was fine with that. Wishing a painful and beautifully karmic death on a douche was much better than fretting about whether an ally and teammate was still alive and well. If he worried about Rena's well-being, he'd just get into a mental tangent about life and death and whether it all had a meaning and how death was inevitable and all that jazz, and quite frankly, that sorta shit was depressing.

And hey, he'd just given a pep talk to Rena on how breaking down and having a panic attack not only gave the various killers and aspiring players on the island a strong strategic weak point to target, but also involved letting Danya win. He nourished himself on the tears of the students of Bayview Secondary, after all. Lazy, uncultured terrorist scumbags like Danya did not deserve nourishment.

So, all in all, it would be kinda awkward if Rena stumbled upon Sunil bawling his eyes out like a baby just after he gave a compassionate speech to Rena on why NOT to bawl your eyes out like a baby. Sunil was many things, but he was not a hypocrite, damn it!

Also, Garry had decided to wear a rather fetching green beret. Not the sort of fashion statement he would have associated with a guy like Garry, but, hell, there was probably some sentimental reason behind it all. Sunil decided to spend the next few hours mulling over a way to ask Garry about it casually while minimalising the chance of causing any offence or hassle.

At this point, Garry spotted a bunch of people, standing there, doing some random shit. It took a few seconds for Sunil's brain to work out who the students were and assess that they PROBABLY weren't mass murderers, and after a few seconds of mentally weighing up the pros and cons (pros: less lonely, potentially useful allies or info. Cons: may get killed) he decided his response.

"Meh...your choice."

When in doubt, the non-committal answer is always the best way to go.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Aileen Borden continued from Could Have Been Worse))

One word summed up how Aileen felt right now.

Miserable.

That announcement still rang in her head.

Rob Jenkins was still alive. And he... he murdered Lily. She didn't make it after all. And not only that... Richard Han. Toppled off a cliff.

Announcements were already painful enough for Aileen. It wasn't like she liked listening to them or something. But each time she heard that fuckheaded douchebag blather on, it was a reminder. It reminded them of how much time they had, and who they were unable to save. They were unable to save Reika, they were unable to save Trevor, they were unable to save Tom, and now they were unable to save Lily and Richard. And those were only the names Aileen recognized. They had to save as many people as possible, and there was already a sizable body count.

And now Lily and Richard were gone.

Even now, Aileen's mind was a whirlwind of emotions.

Sometimes she would feel sad. Sometimes she would feel angry. At what, though, she didn't know. Sometimes she would get angry at that fucker who had put them here in the first place, sometimes she would get angry at Rob for killing Lily, sometimes she would get angry at Jacquard for putting the group into chaos, sometimes she would get angry at Aaron for running away and leaving them behind, and sometimes she would even get angry at Richard and Lily simply for dying.

To be honest, she didn't know what exactly to feel.

Aileen didn't cry or anything. She wasn't the type to cry. But, she had been feeling a little out of it since that announcement. She was still trying to be alert, but she wasn't feeling so good.

Maybe the island was finally catching up with her.

Maybe that was it.

Home. It was where she wanted to be. She wanted to be somewhere familiar, not this shithole. It wouldn't bring anyone who died back, but it would help if one day she could make it home with as many people alive as possible. She didn't believe in this "last man standing" nonsense. She didn't buy it.

So, for the longest period of time, Aileen had been quiet, even more so than she was back at school. Right now, she had propped herself on a stump, face buried downwards in her hands.

It had seemed awfully quiet for a while. Aaron had talked to DuClare about what she knew, and neither she nor Milo knew what was up. Milo, she could get, but her? Bah.

But in any case, it had been actually been pretty quiet. Usually an entire swarm of people would come in, doing god knows what. And thank god for that. Aileen was not in the mood to deal with random groups of people jumping in and asking-

Oh hell. Speak of the devil.

She lifted her head towards this new... person. At first she thought it was a guy, but on closer inspection? It was a girl... or at least, she thought it was a girl.

And oh look. She(?) was asking if they were busy. Oh no, not at all. It wasn't like they had lost most of their group over the past few days since they got here and they were trying to escape but with no avail. Nope, they had all the time in the world to get killed by... whoever this was. Seriously, hopefully someone would recognize her or something? She looked vaguely familiar, like most of her classmates, but you know. Aileen, as we all know by now, wasn't good with names.

"Uh... kinda. You'll... you'll have to talk to Aaron..." she mumbled, rubbing her forehead. "He's kind of the man with the plan..."

She didn't even have the energy right now to yell at people as usual, or at least not as much. She just felt tired and slightly depressed, is all. Maybe if it turned out she was something like Jacquard, she would start yelling again. But, well.

But, she had to keep her guard up, as usual. She couldn't spend this entire time worrying about those who had been killed, like Reika, Trevor, Tom, Lily, Richard, and god knew who else. Her hammer was secured right next to her on the stump, so if someone tried to get them, she could fight them off. She could grab it in a heartbeat if she ever attacked the group. Anyone. That included her, Aaron, DuClare, and yes, even Mil-ron. Because you know what? No one was going to mess with the group again on her watch.

Absolutely no one.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
((Milo Taylor continued from Could Have Been Worse))

Milo had been bored through most of the trek. Bored, dumb, and tired. So naturally, when they got to a decent stopping point, the first thing he'd done was pass out into a dreamless sleep.

When he woke up, the walking continued. Milo, his mental faculties working better than usual since he'd finally had a decent night's sleep that didn't involve punching horses, noted in the boredom that he'd gotten quite disgusting over the past few days. His nice suit was covered in mud, his sunglasses were cracked in at least one place, and he felt dried drool on his cheeks and chin.

This baffled Milo.

Eventually, they'd gotten closer to the sawmill, as Milo had overheard, and everyone had settled down. Milo had a vague recollection of the past few days, but most of it was a haze induced by sleep deprivation.

He vaguely remembered screeching that he was going to "skullfuck" a retarded girl, and then everything clicked. He grabbed his daypack and screamed into it at the top of his lungs. He took a deep breath, and then screamed into it again.

This was gonna be a long couple of days, if he even lasted that long.

He noticed a girl who seemed somewhat unkempt, albeit cute for a "low" person, sitting on a stump with her head in her hands and a hammer next to her, and decided to try and help his chances along a bit. He walked over, closer to her, although careful to maintain some sort of personal space- he had a hunch that he had not exactly endeared himself to her.

"Hey, uh... what in the hell have I been doing over the past couple of days? I haven't been acting like the lion-blooded demigod I am, have I?"
Edited by Sean, Apr 2 2011, 07:59 PM.
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

One day, the fabled Ragnarok will come, and as the gods descend to earth and wage war while the world dies around them, WickedIcon will lead the charge, a 12-gauge shotgun in his right hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left as he rides a steed made of fire and pain.

And the masses will look upon him and weep at the beauty of it all.

Quote:

[19:25] Hallucinogenic: it's not like i wanna put my anus on parade

Quote:

04:26MimiOH
04:26MimiTHAT'S LESS BAD
04:27MimiI THOUGHT SHE HAD TO JERK OFF MONKEYS

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aaron knew they were coming, of course. He'd tracked their progress through the field of stumps and logs. It was hard to be quiet in the outdoors, and Aaron had had experience listening for people even before the abduction. He was aware of the two guys off in the distance. They didn't seem to be preparing to open fire, so they were fine. He was aware of the girl right there in the group, talking to them. It gave him a bit of a thrill when Aileen redirected the newcomer's attention. There was no longer the slightest hint of a question as to who was running the show.

At the same time, Milo seemed to be returning to some semblance of sanity. That was... mildly disconcerting. Aaron wasn't really prepared to deal with Milo being a human being, at least, not one with reasoning capacity. He'd have to revise his plans. He'd have to assume Milo had been faking thus far. Maybe he was actually planning to play, and had been prioritizing his targets. From now on, Aaron decided, he would make sure that he and Milo shared a watch. That way, he could neutralize any threat before it spiraled out of control. Milo was still arrogant. If he was dangerous, he was underestimating everyone by tipping his hand now.

Turning his attention back to the present, Aaron tried to figure out who the new girl was. Right now, though, he was pulling blanks. Frustrating.

"Yeah," he said. "We've been fairly busy. I hope you'll pardon the imposition, but I'd like you to share your name and disclose your armament. We've had some unfortunate business these past few days."

Aaron was leaning against a stump, nice and casual. His hand was resting on the butt of his pistol. He'd taken to leaving the safety off. In all likelihood, it would be more than worth the slight risk to be able to respond more quickly.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, he got to the point. Aaron Hughes didn't feel like making brief chit-chat (at least he recognised it as such, that ginger girl seemed to take her statement at face value), so now the ball was left idle in her court. Welp, change that. Aston flicked a curt smile towards the grand muskateers, and withdrew her gun from her waistband.

"All I've got is this. Bersa, some number or other. Half the ammo's gone, I...wasted it."

Small silence. There was an uncomfortable murmuring going behind the nerd who captured all her attention, but it wasn't of Aston's concern right now.

"The name's Aston Bennett, and unless you plan on saying right now you are aligned with Quincy Jones or Tiffany Chanders, I don't plan on wasting you. Not much ammo left."

She shoved the gun back into her jeans, double checking the safety before stowing it away from sight. Okay, so...time to rationalise these people and their little group.

So...if this group assembled at the start of the game, then this was not the same people. She needed to know who they'd met over the course of this sick thing, but that was for later. Either way, Aston's experience with groups led her to believe that, unless you had the gods of fate on your side, you couldn't ride this thing out unscathed. She honestly wanted to just plain out ask how many people they'd lost. Screw tact. Screw it with a rusty knife.

"So, I'll cut to the chase. Do any of you know, or have seen, Quincy Jones or Tiffany Chanders? I have...unfinished business with him in particular, and I'll leave it at that."

She felt like this was enroaching on dangerous territory here. Unpredictable.

Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
((Charlie DuClare continued from Could Have Been Worse))

She wasn't too sure what she'd been expecting.

Something like a miracle, maybe. That nice magic moment where chains get broken and choirs shake off their cobwebs because hey, hey, jigsaw just fell into place. Jigsaw was one piece useless information from Charlie about presumably failed escape plans she wasn't even really privy to, one part je ne sais quoi from Aaron, and if you tilted it just the right way it looked pretty goddamn beautiful.

And so she had that beautiful snapshot of something that was never going to happen.

Because it turns out that when you bring nothing to the table except for pocket lint and desperation, you will never ever get your miracle. You will finish talking, you will stand for a few seconds while the silence whispers Is there anything else? You will mark the look on Aaron's face as he realizes you're at the end of your usefulness. And though an untrained eye will never notice, you will shudder and cower and you will be curled up in a little ball.

And something funny happened then. Nobody said anything. Not with their words or with their faces or with their silence. Well, technically Aaron was saying some things and technically Charlie was even paying attention, but none of the words were the ones she knew she was gonna hear at any moment. Try as she might, she never heard him say Leave or Goodbye or Disappointed. Which couldn't be right, she'd thrown herself at that group based on a false promise and now... no, they were just waiting, or something? Any moment now and she'd hear those words.

That was two days ago now. So you tell her what happened in the meantime.

Not friendship, not yet at least. This one was... harder than last time. But easier than the first time, because these people at least weren't such aggressively unlikable idiots. Some sort of happy middle ground, maybe, where she wasn't letting loose all her hellfire and four-letter words at the drop of a hat, and she wasn't... growing to like them.

If you grow to like them, it'll hurt more when you run away. And God knows, Charlie DuClare, it'll take a lot more than a good group of friends and a better shot at survival to keep you from running away.

So now there was this girl. Aston Bennett. With a gun and with a lot of very pointed words. Asking about Quincy Jones, asking about Tiffany Chanders. Not threatening to kill them- good heavens, no, definitely not threatening to kill them- and yet Charlie was more scared than the time the girl had tried to murder her with a hammer, or the time she'd started talking shit to the angry retard with the tire iron.

Just say no, just say no, everyone just say no. You don't know Quincy, you don't know Tiffany, she has no reason to stick around here any longer. Just say no like Charlie just did, like Charlie actually just shook her head because words were occasionally hard, and just say no and then

And then she'll be gone, right?
Edited by Jonny, Apr 4 2011, 09:03 PM.
Jeremy Franco is alive. You can write a better ending, goddammit.

Charlie DuClare is dead. And nothing was easy anymore except to smile.
Julian Avery is dead. Courage was the man with a gun in his hand.
JJ Sturn is dead. Fuck it, all good things gotta come to an end.

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Trust Sunil to sit on the fence when it came to making that kind of decision. Well whatever, he didn't appear to have anything against Garry's idea of them meeting up, so that was good enough for him.

"Alright, guess there's no harm in asking them," Garry said, starting to approach the group of five, "they obviously didn't try to attack that person-" He cut himself off when the person in question drew a gun from her/his pocket. Garry ground to a halt in mid-stride, staring at the scene ahead of him and immediately began to panic. 'Oh shit, a gun, they've got a goddamn gun out. Oh fuck, is that guy going to shoot everyone up here?!'

And to add to his problems, one of the males in the group suddenly, for whatever reason, started screaming into his bag. Which was odd, to say the least. Garry readied himself to sprint away and drag Sunil with him should things turn ugly. Fortunately, his fears were unfounded and nothing of what he imagined actually happened. The newcomer simply put the gun away again and the boy just appeared to calm back down again, Garry feeling absolutely relieved that a mass slaughter wasn't on the cards. "Okay, panic over, let's go talk to them," he said, sighing slightly at the end of his sentence.

He continued the approach, weaving around and hopping over the tree stumps in his path. "Hey, uh, hello there," he introduced himself once he was in hearing range. "Can any of you help us? We're looking for Rena Peters, she left our group a while back and we haven't been able to find her since. Have any of you seen her? We're also looking for Saul Fetteralf, you know, the husky mascot?"

It sounded all so familiar, then he remembered that he'd been through it before; when he was asking the two girls on the beach whether they'd seen Violetta. It had been a fruitless search though, Violetta died before he could reach her. And if history was to repeat itself, Rena was going to die before they reached her as well. 'No! I can't think like that! She's still alive, she has to be!'

While he waited for some kind of response, he lowered the barrel of the paintball gun so as to make sure he didn't appear threatening to the others. The last thing he wanted was to be shot down like some rabid wolf over some stupid misunderstanding.
Edited by JamesRenard, Apr 5 2011, 04:01 PM.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Non-committal, generic responses were such a great tool. They had literally hundreds of uses.

Couldn't hear what someone was saying after the fourth time? Slight grin and a quiet chuckle.

Parents asking you if you definitely don't have any homework? "Meh, probably" is such a beautiful phrase.

Not willing to admit you didn't know this pop star everyone was rambling on about? A nod and a generic word in agreement and problem solved.

Not only were they extremely annoying for the other person (and Sunil was very much a hypocrite in this regard, as he'd keep on pestering people who sat on the fence to take a stance, particularly on relatively important matters such as this), but sometimes, a non-committal answer was just a reflex. Sometimes, you did have an opinion on the subject at hand, but didn't make it known. Sometimes, you didn't care that much, sometimes you couldn't be bothered to articulate your thoughts into coherent words and sometimes...

Well, sometimes, it was a bit embarrassing to admit that you were scared that the big group of people over there would react rather violently to an unwanted disturbance.

Rather then protesting Garry's decision further, he just let out another grunt that would probably be interpreted as reluctant agreement.

And so, Sunil was quietly cursing his luck when Garry decided to not press the point and made the decision for him. He couldn't really blame Garry, but damnit, he wasn't really in the mood right this second for social interaction. Give it a few minutes, maybe he would come round to the idea, but right now, he frankly didn't really want to go talk to that big group of his fellow Minnesotan high school students, one of whom may very well end up being his murderer.

And when that girl (whatserface. Sunil knew her name, it was on the tip of his tongue) pulled out her gun, Sunil's predominant feelings of fear and anxiety were mixed in with an ever so subtle hint of relief. Maybe he and Garry could just wonder off, forget this ever happened, hear their names later on in the announcements without even realising how close they were to the bearers of the names...

But no. Shit didn't end up hitting the fan. The fan was left completely clean, and so Garry, in response to the proverbial fan's cleanliness, decided to resume his original plan of walking towards the armed group, armed with the oh-so-deadly weapon of a paintball gun and flanked by his trusty partner-in-crime, a skinny Indian kid with a bunch of unopened, unloved tin cans.

And as Garry made his motives known, Sunil just stood a couple of paces behind him, arms behind his back, an insincere smile on his face, giving out brief, barely-noticeable nods of acknowledgement to all the others in the vicinity. Aside from gun girl. First impressions were often false, but boy, if someone's first impression is waving a gun about, you had to be forgiven for being slightly hesitant to trust them.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, look who had finally been woken up by the new person.

Milo had been spending most of the time either fast asleep or in a daze. Honestly, she couldn't blame him. And to be frank, it was possibly the best thing for him to be doing right now. Aileen could remember when he attracted Jacquard over by screaming that he was going to skull-fuck her. Compared to that, she'd prefer him to be asleep. Sure, he could actually be helping them plan things out, but sleeping was nice compared to his... past antics. Especially right now. Aileen still wasn't in the best of moods after that announcement.

But now he was up. He had promptly announced this by... appearing to scream into his bag. Aileen stared for a few seconds, and went back to the new girl. Okay? Now what-

Oh hell. He was asking her what he was doing the past few days? She honestly had no clue. If screaming at killers that you want to skullfuck them, making fun of their names, and feeling insulted over being called a "Ron" counted as something, sure. But he was probably asking about being asleep and/or dazed this entire time.

But it didn't help he had called himself a "lion blooded demigod". If by "lion blooded demigod" he meant "complete moron", well, sure, that would be a yes. Not only a yes, but a yes with flying fucking colors.

"You've been sleeping like a sack of potatoes", she mumbled, reaching up to rub her head again.

Okay, the last time she had a conversation with him, it didn't end well. For a few seconds, she almost expected it to end in some way similar. She didn't know, him screaming about how he wasn't a potato and that he wants to stab Lombardi in the butt with a fork or something. He wasn't that predictable, certainly. But you never know.

But enough of Milo.

After prompting from Aaron, new girl(?) introduced herself as Aston Bennett, and revealed her weapon; a small gun, a Bersa. Good news, she wasn't planning on attacking. Bad news, she was asking them whether they met two people and implying that... well, yeah. So someone who had a grudge against two people was now asking them if they had seen certain people implicitly so she could fucking kill them. That... that... she didn't even know what to make of that. Sure, some part of her still wanted to find Nick Reid, Hartmann, and Jenkins, and get back, but now... now? They were dealing with some girl who seemed to want revenge against someone, for reasons that weren't explained. She wasn't sure just how bad a thing it was.

And, oh hell. More people?

One of them she recognized, though once again, she couldn't remember his name. But she did remember that he apparently had a werewolf fetish or something along those lines. Maybe one of those "furry" things? She had no clue. The other guy, though... damn, who is that? It seemed as if the furry guy was the one doing all the talking and acting, though.

And oh great. Their new job, it seemed, was not to escape the island, but to find miscellaneous people that were lost. Two new people they had to look out for; someone named Rena Peters, and someone else named Saul Fetteralf, the "husky mascot". If she were in a better mood, she'd honestly make a comment about the guy obsessed with werewolves wanting to find someone wearing a husky mascot outfit. That's what these "furry" people liked, right, mascot outfits?

But, more importantly, she was sure that they hadn't ran into any of these people, at least not recently. Heck, they hadn't seen anyone else over at least two days by this point, she was sure.

"Guys... we haven't seen anyone else but each other for days..." she grumbled, answering both questions at once.

Would they stick around? Maybe. Heck, furry guy would be good in case they needed strength, judging by his looks. But these three people were off looking for someone else, including two people that the girl apparently wanted to murder.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
Milo sighed.

"What a helpful God-damned answer. You know, if you make it off this island you should be a fucking private investigator or something, what with your amazing deductive skills. I'm totally not being sarcastic right now, either," he said.

Time to bug the leader guy. Maybe he'll be a little more helpful.

Milo walked up to the guy who he vaguely recalled addressing as "leader-bro," and paused for a second. He then smacked himself, hard, in the face as punishment for saying "leader-bro" at any point in the past. The man appeared to be talking to someone he didn't recognize, but this was much more important as it concerned him and not them.

"Hey, uh, leader person whose name I don't know. What the actual fuck have I been doing over the past couple of days?" he asked loudly, deliberately interrupting their obviously unimportant conversation.
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

One day, the fabled Ragnarok will come, and as the gods descend to earth and wage war while the world dies around them, WickedIcon will lead the charge, a 12-gauge shotgun in his right hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left as he rides a steed made of fire and pain.

Quote:

Quote:

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((So, apologies for the long post, and also for any skipping that happens in the future here. Just gotta make sure a death finishes on time.))

The new people were all around now, making Aaron edgy and nervous. The two other guys had come over, and the girl had a gun out. The new boys seemed decidedly lacking when it came to heavy armaments, but that wasn't saying much at all. They could simply be hiding weapons, waiting to open up when they were sure there would be no effective retaliation. Aaron glanced at them. With just one of these external entities, he'd probably have risked a longer discussion, but right now he just wasn't in the mood. Aileen seemed to feel about the same way, attempting to get them to leave. That was a poor allocation of resources, though. They had a girl with a gun and a murderous demeanor to work with. You didn't throw away that sort of potential.

"Hang on a moment," Aaron said, looking at the girl. "Quincy Jones, medium height, short hair, a bit stocky?" It was what came to mind with the name, but also described half of Bayview. Whatever. Aaron was a good actor; feigning familiarity was a breeze, and by acting a bit unsure he let himself off the hook for the lie. "I saw him with Nick Reid, oh, four or five days ago, real buddy buddy, right when they killed one of my friends. It was while we'd split off from the rest of the group. If you get them both, I'll owe you. We'll watch for Jones ourselves, too, but we're trying to avoid trouble, not make it."

Milo interrupted, and in that instant, Aaron decided he had to go. The little prick was trying to sabotage this and get them all killed, or he was too dumb to realize that was the likely outcome. Once these people left, he'd sit everyone down and patiently and calmly explain why Milo would be better off working on his own. Perhaps the best way to frame it would be a recruitment scheme, say they were sending Milo off to rustle up some more support, which they certainly needed. In reality, of course, it would just be to get him out of their hair, but with a suitable lie, Aileen and Charlotte would probably be happy to play along. Milo annoyed everyone, after all.

"Anyways, if that's all, glad we could help you. Good luck."

Conversation over, unless she wanted to push it.

Glancing over to the others, Aaron said, "And no, we haven't seen Rena or Saul. Sorry. You might try the sawmill, though; there's shelter there, and it's a good stopping point if they were headed this way."

He didn't add that he suspected there was a trap of some variety there. Better to let these guys flush it first. That would improve his group's chance of avoiding anything truly unpleasant. The boys seemed harmless enough, too, so if everything was legitimate, they wouldn't cause any problems for Bounce and her mystery friend. Of course, there had been smoke from the direction of the sawmill a while back, but it was gone now. Any trouble related to it would have moved on as well.

With the problem neatly in hand, Aaron turned his attention away from the boys and finally addressed Milo.

"Sorry about that, had to make sure no one would interrupt me while I was dealing with important social interactions," he said. "For the past few days, you've been helping us out. We're a group which wants to see this through without any unnecessary bloodshed. We—"

And right then, the announcements came on. Aaron whipped his notebook out of his pocket, blowing off Milo completely, and started scribbling onto his list of the killers and the dead. Rein, the boy with the funny accent from that chess game, had apparently been crushed underneath a bunch of boxes. Aaron found that vaguely... well, not amusing, that would have been twisted, but...

Anyways, other people had died too, including Rob Jenkins. That was a very good thing; there was now one less antagonistic player out for Aaron's blood. That left his problem list with Jacquard and Nick, plus anyone else who still was holding onto crazy grudges from school. Oh, and Milo, if he really was faking his insanity as a ploy.

And then, everything went to pieces.

Liz Polanski was dead.

Aaron didn't give a damn about that. It had been inevitable. The problem was, she'd been killed by someone Danya didn't care to name. It took half a second to put that together with the helicopter that had been flying over the island lately. There were terrorists here, and they were hunting down people with escape plans. They'd killed Liz, who had already messed with her collar. Aaron didn't recall the helicopter leaving, though. They were still here. That meant they had more work to do.

It was impossible to say what Polanski had done to the collars, but Aaron had an idea of the long term effects, now. She hadn't disabled her collar. She'd removed the terrorists' ability to detonate any of them remotely, except through danger zones. This didn't mesh too well with what Charlotte had told him, but it didn't matter. It made enough sense. That, or they figured a manhunt made for better viewing.

The end result was still the same.

They were coming for Aaron and his group next.

It was the only thing that made sense. Why else would they still be on the island? Maybe they were just waiting until he pulled his trick. Maybe they were on their way even now. Somehow, that seemed rather likely.

That meant Aaron potentially had only minutes to enact his backup plan.

He hadn't wanted it to come to this, but on some level, he'd suspected it would. He had prepared himself for it. He knew just how to make it play out, and he had his materials ready. Over the past few days, he'd stripped the ends of his wire and uncoiled it. He had two good sections, now, perfectly ready to be hooked up, just waiting in his backpack next to the gloves.

He had to do this the right way, though. Calmly, he flipped two pages past his plan and scribbled something. Then, he turned back to the plan itself. It was time to give this a try.

He glanced around. If any of the newcomers were still here, well, hopefully they'd get the hint and split. Otherwise, he might have to encourage them to go. He put his hand on the pistol, then removed it again, leaving the gun in place. That came later. For now, he turned to Aileen and said, "Aileen, sounds like there are some new factors in play. Our timetable just advanced. Take this. Read it. We're doing this now."

Next, he said, "Charlie, give me a lookout. If you see anyone else coming, tell me."

Then, to Milo: "And you, hang on a sec. You've got the most important role."

The plans he was holding out to Aileen had been completed days ago, before he'd know of their likely flaw. They read as follows:

it seems pretty clear, given the lack of electricity around the island, that they don't want us to have acess to power. the question, then, is why? i think we can probly assume that its because electricity is some how dangerous to their plans. the thing is, there's electricity all around us. those cameras dont run off magic. i don't know any batteries that last for weeks, and they cant be solar because then a week of clouds would end this whole thing.

that means there has to be a generator somewhere.

i don't know where it is. yet. the thing is, we don't need to know where it is. i think i know the reasons they dont want us using power. now, the obvious one is, if we blow up the generator the cameras all break. thats too obvious though. the thing will be hidden somewhere incredibly difficult to find or get to, and theyll blow our collars if we go anywhere near it.

but that's the thing: it has to do with the collars.

i know a fair bit about electricity. you pour too much of it through complicated circutry, it melts. these collars are the prime example of complicated. thats why we're going to use the camera's power to break our collars. what we do is simple. person #1 takes the gloves i found and the stripped wire. they find a wire off one of the cameras, not too close, so they can't see what we're doing. they make a small cut to expose the conductive part. then they wrap one end of each of the wires i have to the collar of person #2. they take the other ends and hook them to the camera wire. this will channel the electricity through the collar and overload the computer components. since theres no spark, being a closed circut, person #2 will be safe and the explosives will not ignite (plus they are stable, or they'd go off every time students got too near fire).

at that point, we just switch the leads around the group. in about three minutes, every collar should be disabled and we'll be free to maneuver more freely. of course, someone will come after us, but that will take time. in the meantime, we can get to the generator, wherever it is, and take it out. this will break the cameras. at that point, we can't be tracked or observed. we break every other collar we find, free the others, and prepare a defense.

It was a beautiful plan. The only problem was, Aaron was almost positive it didn't have a hope of working.

"Aileen," he said, "you're person number one."
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aston sniffed at the news. So he'd seen him? Lovely. If that's all he had, well, time to get out. It's not like ginger, bitch, or Milo Taylor could provide anything useful. They seemed to be a rather dysfunctional group of losers anyway, no point in sticking

Oh, and look at that, more people decided to show up, how delightfully unwanted. Now, Aston wasn't a journalist or some crap like that, so she really, REALLY was not up for doing tiresome interviews of everyone she came across, especially when she had some perfectly apt information at hand.

Aston smirked a little at his wishes. Contempt didn't travel well hidden by him, he should probably get some acting lessons.

"Whatever."

Aston turned tail and strolled away.

Now...where to go?

North sounded nice at the moment.

((Aston Bennett continues in Cracking))

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
So they hadn't seen anyone for days. Not Rena, not Saul, not even Dustin. Although in all honesty, Garry didn't much care to see Dustin anytime soon. The next time he laid eyes on his hockey team mate, he'd have quite a few words to say to him, hopefully without coming to blows. The brown-haired boy of the group piped up next, suggesting they go check out the sawmill next on their travels. Garry mulled the idea over in his mind for a few seconds. They hadn't been there yet, and as he said, it did sound like a good place to rest and seek shelter.

"Alright, thanks for the help," Garry said, turning round to face Sunil. "What d'ya say, think we should head there nex-" He was prevented from finishing his question by the loudspeakers switching on, heralding the announcements. Garry gulped nervously and looked up to where Danya's voice was coming from. 'Please let them not be on it,' he prayed.

Carla Conners. Collar detonated.

William Hearst. Shived by Alex Wh-

Rena Peters.

It took Garry a few seconds for him to register that her name had just been announced over the tannoy. 'W-what...R-Rena... Rena's dead...?' His mouth swung open as a horrible coldness swept through his body, like ice was flowing through his veins, and it felt as though a bottomless pit had opened up beneath his feet.

"Oh-oh God... I-I think I need to sit down for a bit," Garry said, starting to tremble uncontrollably. His vision spun and disorientated him, making him feel like he was about to faint or even throw up. "She... she's dead..." Garry whimpered, sitting on the tree stump with his head in his hands. His fingers covered his eyes that were now starting to brim with tears. Tears for a girl who'd only made it to the halfway mark.

It was like Violetta all over again. Not content with having just the one person die before he could reach them, some higher power decided that Rena should die as well. Two failed searches. 'Why...?' It wasn't fair. All she wanted to do was find her friends, and she was killed for it. It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair. 'It's not fair!'

"What did she do to deserve that?!" he suddenly howled out. He looked up to the sky, fury etched all over his face. He didn't know, didn't even care who he was screaming at, he just wanted to scream until his throat burned and his lungs ached. "Tell me! Why did she have to die?! Why couldn't you have let us find her for once?!"

Garry's yelling died down and he just leant forward, resting his head and elbows on his knees and clutching the back of his head in his hands. His body jerked as he began to sob. He didn't know how much more of this he could take. He wanted out. He just wanted it to end. He wanted to go home.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The sawmill?

Oh God, he hated that place. It was cramped, smelly and seemed to be a magnet for trouble. Last time he was there (which, to be honest, was the only time he had been there ever), he'd found the beds uncomfortable, the other occupants irritating and the gunfire rather frightening and unpleasant. Still, it was the only lead they had to the whereabouts of Rena and Garry's husky mascot friend, and "oh, I hate that place" seemed like a terrible, pathetic reason to not want to go there, even to Sunil himself.

Just as he was preparing to turn around with Garry and give a friendly yet halfhearted nod of farewell to the group behind him, Danya decided that right now would be a good time to start his next announcement. Sunil stood still, exasperated at Danya's corny delivery and somewhat mournful for the high number of his classmates who were dying, but he mentally told himself he'd need to keep on trucking and find Rena.

Talking of Rena, did Danya just mention her?

Mentally rewinding to try and work out whether Danya had placed her as a killer or as a victim, Sunil stood still, mouth agape, trying to come to terms with the potential loss of a friend and ally to the horrors of the game. There was no mistaking it; she was a victim, one half of a double-kill courtesy of an Alex White.

Unlike with Garry, who very quickly began bellowing and raging at no-one in particular before descending into a sob, Sunil's immediate reaction was much more low-key. He just stood there, oblivious to his surroundings, staring blankly at the ground, his mind blank.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So wait. Aaron had seen Quincy with Nick?

That's what he claimed, anyway. She wasn't sure that he was telling the truth, but there it was. Quincy had been running around with Nick according to him.

Aston seemed to think that was enough, so off she went.

Milo this entire time was demanding their attention further. Goody. As if he couldn't be any more annoying! After all, she really didn't even know what his problem was now. Didn't help that he had snarked at her, too. Thankfully, Aaron had been polite, and started to explain-

Announcements.

By the end Aileen stood in shock. So Polanski was dead, and by the sound of things Danya had sent some friends over to have tea with them, judging by his wording. "Friends of mine", indeed.

Fuck. As if all this shit couldn't get any worse.

Rob Jenkins had died too. She didn't know how she felt about that. Was she happy that he died, considering he...?

She could hear a scream coming from one of the boys, and suddenly she realized that not only did Polanski die, but one of their friends they had been looking for had died to. For a second, Aileen felt a pang of pity, but Aaron had made a decision before she could dwell on it.

Since there were terrorists now out and about on the island, it seemed as if they were actually going to try something. It was possibly something that would get them all killed, but maybe it was-

She read the paper he had thrust into her face. It was the same as before, but as she read along she had noticed it had changed.

Yup, something that was likely to kill them all. Goody. Apparently the plan was to basically fiddle around with the cameras, somehow without the terrorists noticing, and then put lord knows how many electrical volts directed at each other. Joy of joys! So many ways they could die from this!

Oh, and apparently she was person Numero Uno. Which meant her job was to fiddle with cameras and point electricity at people. Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

Aaron. Oh boy, Aaron. Did she have her doubts.

"Aaron, I-"

She cut herself off suddenly.

Damn. Did she really have to do it?

Sad thing was, it was the only idea they had. Shock each other with electricity. To be fair, it had a chance of defusing any radio transmissions coming from the collar. It was incredibly risky, both in the terrorists not noticing AND having just enough electricity to defuse it and at the same time not fucking killing people.

Deep sigh.

"Okay, Aaron. I'll fucking do it. But I need to let you know that if anything goes wrong, we're screwed", she grumbled.

And with that, she stood up, and for a few seconds looked for a camera. Damn, she really needed to get in the habit of actually counting the-

Oh, there was one. Right on that other stump. Okay, first part.

She went directly to its side. She could notice the camera slowly swiveling about, attempting following their every move. Well, they were keeping an eye on them, that was for certain. She had to be quick, stealthy, and sneaky.

After a few seconds, she found what appeared to be a wire coming down from it. So there was one. Okay. And now...

"Aaron, gimme the gloves, will you?"
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
Milo was confused. Aaron had said something about a plan, pointed Milo out as being the most important person in it, and given the girl a cryptic sheet of paper that prompted her to go find an electrical wire on one of the cameras nearby and ask for gloves.

Brain cells rubbed together.

Oh fuck. Aaron's intentions became immediately obvious when he handed the girl a piece of stripped wire in addition to the gloves. They were planning to shock something, and Milo had a gut feeling that he was going to be the one getting shocked. He wasn't very bright, but even he had a feeling this was going to be really, really counterproductive.

"Whoa, what the fuck, people. I really don't get what shocking me to death is going to accomplish. I mean goddamn, I know I'm a self-absorbed cock-hydrant but I'm not that much of a self-absorbed cock-hydrant," he said, his voice quivering a little as the fear of death grew in him.
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

Quote:

Quote:

Jonny
Member Avatar
You hate kings and you think kings are really stupid. They are petty, bossy tyrants and are really full of themselves and are basically awful in every way.
[ *  *  * ]
Well it's your own damn fault for expecting so much.

Expecting what, exactly? Some miracle or other, like her collar was the only thing keeping her angel wings from sprouting out of her back, and well, fuck, once she's got her angel wings then she can just take off into the sky and pull her flaming sword out of a cloud and then the terrorists are right proper fucked. The crispy girl has just pulled out some major apotheosis here, so you and your terrorist buddies can just pack your bags and head back home. We'll all chill on this island and drink smoothies till goddamn America shows up and saves us.

It wasn't even that. Apotheosis was a great idea but it was just some bullshit SAT word that you'd never, ever have cause to use in a sentence. Far more likely to get used was... dammit, what's a nice, simple word for “seeing her again”? Reunion? Nope, too sappy and too much implied there, like they'd been best friends and this would've been some big touching moment. It wouldn't. It would've been that one girl, who'd appeared once on a riverbank - screaming and burning and so fragile so you better hold her gently when you tell everything's gonna be alright - appearing again.

Worse for the wear, probably, but you can't really blame her for that, looks like she's had a long day, so let's all relax and unwind, sit in a circle, teach her some slang, laugh at how awkward she's being and say some things you know will make her feel even more awkward. Try to stop grinning and fail. Wonder if you're maybe being too rough with the crispy girl, then forget that wonder the moment the next joke pops into your head.

Wasn't gonna happen.

Because someone else had gotten to her first, told her the same things about how she looked so tired and maybe she'd like to sit down for a while. He'd ridden up on his pretty pale horse and you couldn't see his face in the light. But there was something gleaming there, oh what sharp teeth he must have, and he came across as such a gentleman so how could she refuse him.

That hadn't happened either.

No beautiful pale metaphors on the horizon, no tragic poetry to accompany a pair of slowly closing eyes and a slowly beating heart. A struggle, maybe, and even a fight if we were just that damn lucky. But not a hero's last stand amid those steady falling cherry blossoms.

Just a girl failing to reappear.

---

Snap back to attention, little buddy. And watch yourself there, a poem just fell out of your mouth. Can't wait to see how catatonic you get when Dave or Izzy bite it (had they already – oh God, how long had she zoned out – no, no way she'd missed their names – yeah, she definitely would've heard – so they had to be alright, thank God), because fuck, you actually liked those two! It will be just so damn exciting to see what symbolism you cough up the next time your mind wanders.

In the meantime, Aaron was giving her the most important job of all, telling her to be the lookout. Lookout meant looking away, taking refuge in the idea of the outside world and turning a blind eye to the terrible things creeping up right behind you. Yeah, Charlie could handle that. Aaron might as well have just told her Close your eyes now, Charlie, you don't want to see this next part to cut down on the ambiguity.

But it was, it was wrong to...

It was wrong to stay silent. Attagirl, good phrase, hold it tight and make it mean something. Turn to Aaron (what, abandoning your solemn duty as lookout already? This is treason and you are a traitor) and tell him in the loudest voice you can muster right now:

“Look, Aaron, I don't know if this is such a hot idea, I mean... I've seen what collar tampering can do to you, right? Liz took that risk on her own but I'd never put that danger on anyone else, I mean...”

And her words just felt strangely quiet right now. And the world kept spinning while the volume stole away from her more and more in these pretty little wisps.

So she closed her eyes. She didn't want to see this next part.

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, this was how it was going to be, was it? Everything had worked out just fine, but Milo, all of a sudden, seemed to have tapped some hitherto undiscovered font of intellect. As Aaron handed Aileen the gloves and the wires, Milo decided to speak up, voicing his skepticism about the odds of success. Thing was, he'd also just shared with all the viewers back home and at base that something was up. Their time now was incredibly limited. Aaron's plan was starting to get fuzzy around the edges. That was bad, very bad.

He took two seconds to review. It was simple.

There were two possible outcomes. The first, the unlikely one, was that it would work perfectly, and Milo's collar would stop responding to the signals from the terrorists. A couple days ago, Aaron had been convinced that would work. Now, having read the manual left by Danya, having heard more about what Polanski had done, he was fairly sure there wouldn't be that sort of happy, storybook ending. If there was, half the group was still probably screwed, since Milo had fairly well announced that they were trying something. It wouldn't take long for collars to start blowing.

The second possibility, the realistic one, was that Milo was about to die. The electricity routed through the collar might not be properly insulated, giving Milo a nasty shock. That would be painful, but not deadly, not with only the amount of current needed to run a camera. The issue came in the form of the failsafes, the mechanisms built into the collars to prevent escape. Interference blew them. If this wasn't interference, Aaron didn't know what was. In all likelihood, Milo's collar was going to pop.

This was exactly what Aaron wanted to happen.

By blowing Milo up, he proved himself—and, by extension, Charlotte and Aileen—harmless and seemingly-inept. At the same time, he eliminated a dangerous unknown quantity on his team, and got Aileen onto the announcements.

Oh yes, Aaron had thought through the likely way this would go down. There was a good reason Aileen was the one holding the wires. He didn't think she would like the results of this experiment one bit. She'd shown a marked tendency towards inconvenient disobedience, and, had Aaron been the one playing with wires, would probably have ditched him. With a kill to her name, though, especially one that could not be interpreted as self-defense, she would be tied to Aaron. He'd be one of two people on the island who could vouch for her, could share the real story. She'd be stuck, and his name would still be clear for purposes of recruitment and diplomacy.

With any luck, she could pick up one of those Best Kill prizes too. Inventiveness was encouraged, right? Then, Aaron would send her after it and guilt trip her into handing it over, increasing the overall armory.

It was flawless.

Only, now, Milo's sudden bout of common sense was threatening it all. He was going to get them all killed, just to save his own pathetic life. That wouldn't do at all.

He thought Charlie was saying something behind him. He couldn't make out the specifics. Didn't care. She wasn't a threat. She didn't have the spine to cause trouble.

He pulled the gun out of his pocket, and said to the other two boys, the newcomers, "You should move along. This is about to be a very dangerous group to be associated with."

Just to convince them, he fired a shot into the ground in their general direction.

"Scram. Charlie, watch duty. Now."

And then, the gun was on Milo.

"And, you: don't move a muscle. We don't have time to argue or screw around. Move wrong and it's all over, and not in the happy way."

But after he spoke, he mouthed some more words to Milo and Aileen, silently, hoping they'd catch on.

It's alright, his lips said. It's all part of the plan.

Yes, it was all part of the plan. Maybe not the original one. Maybe not anything related to what they'd signed onto. That was irrelevant. Aaron was saving all of their lives—well, all except Milo's—and, unless they were completely deluded, they would thank him for it.

"Aileen. Do it."
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Garry paid no attention to the group's conversing, lost in his own little world. The rest of the announcements had played out, announcing Dustin as another victim, which only served to distress Garry even more. So what if Dustin had been a massive jerk and had abandoned them? He didn't deserve to be murdered, for fuck's sake!

Quite possibly the one thing that was keeping him from completely losing it was that Saul was still alive and apparently well, wherever he was. He had to find him and soon... but where to go next? The tunnels were a no-go area from now on. That was something to be thankful for; it slightly narrowed down the areas he could search, not to mention the tunnels seemed like a terrible place to search in the first place. There was the sawmill that the guy had suggested, that was still a viable location.

To his side, one of the boys from the small group was trying to attract their attention. Garry's thoughts of Saul ended and he slowly craned his head to see just what the person wanted.

He jumped to his feet with a start when he saw that the brown-haired boy was pointing a gun at them. And he was demanding that they leave. "Hey-HEY! What the hell are you do-?!"

The gun went off, a chunk of lead diving into the ground just meters from Garry's feet. Garry jumped up in the air with a yelp, the gunshot ringing in his ears. He gripped the paintball gun tighter and aimed it at Aaron, finger poised on the trigger. "Jesus Christ! Have you all lost your fucking minds or something?! That could've hit us! Or are you actually trying to kill us?!" he shouted while lowering the paintball gun, resisting the urge to shoot one of the projectiles right into Aaron's face. 'He's not worth it. If I fire, they'll all gang up on us and tear us to shreds.'

He glared at Aaron and the group for a few seconds, watching for any sudden movement from them. Seeing none, he started backing away. "C'mon, let's just do what he says and go," he said to Sunil, "I think we picked the wrong group to talk to." He kept looking back at Aaron and his posse every few seconds as they departed, making sure they wouldn't try to shoot either of them in the back.

((Garry Villette continued in House Made of Sticks))
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sunil resisted the urge to just slump onto the rough, dusty ground and just curl up into a foetal position and sob himself to an uncomfortable sleep, and instead decided to wait for Garry to recover from his own torment and decide to take control again. Instead, he continued staring blankly at the ground, a glassy, blank look in his eyes and an unreadable expression on his face, the sounds of the group's heated conversation behind him not registering at all.

However, Sunil did not have time to mope about and mourn Rena's demise and the continuing deterioration of his circumstances any further, as shortly afterwards the brown-haired boy decided that he had the God-given right to interrupt their quiet reflection and begin waving a gun about like some cocky psychopathic dickhead.

Sunil's first reaction was to immediately stare at the gun (partially to double-check that it wasn't just a banana painted silver or the bastard had done some other fucked up trick like that, but mainly because a gun being pulled out of nowhere and aimed in your general direction was very likely to catch your undivided attention and put all other concerns to the back of your mind), jump up in the air and let off a string of muttered profanities (consisting of Sunil just saying "fuck", "shit" and various derivatives in whatever order came to mind). What added insult to highly-probable injury was that the douche with the gun was talking like sending him and Garry running off like obedient little puppies was for their own protection.

The obnoxious, self-righteous douche.

However, before Sunil could make his rather strong opinions on the gun's owner known, the kid decided that giving them an opportunity to talk their differences out like civilised, reasonable adults and part ways amicably was not an option, and just casually fired a shot at the ground.

A bullet dived into the ground an uncomfortably close distance from Sunil, sending a massive jolt of fear and panic shooting through his body, and his lack of fluid intake over the past few days the only thing preventing him from pissing his pants like a scared baby. His first reaction was to quickly check his body for any unusual sensations or unwanted holes that signalled that the shot had rebounded off the ground and hit Sunil's body. Once he was sure, he hadn't been hit, his second reaction was to begin addressing Aaron in less than friendly terms, making Garry's comments seem calm, rational and polite by comparison.

"YOU FUCKING CUNT! WHAT THE HELL'S YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM? WE GOT ENOUGH FUCKING PROBLEMS AS IT IS WITHOUT YOU FIRING YOUR BULLETS AT US, YOU CUNT-GUZZLING DICK-NOBBLER!"

Sunil, even in his agitated, emotionally-vulnerable state, knew better than to charge a pretentious dick with a gun and shove his collar up his rectum, despite the temptation to do so, but he really would love nothing better than to see a five-tonne weight inexplicably fall from the air and land on his ugly, cock-sure head, or a giant bear to burst out of the trees and begin mauling the nasty waste of oxygen to pieces, but alas, that was not going to happen. Sunil's luck had not been good lately.

So, instead, when Garry, who had been able to get back down to Earth at a much quicker rate than Sunil after both being shot at and dealing with the painful messages on the announcement, suggested they leave the area and go do whatever elsewhere, Sunil begrudgingly followed him, a scornful eye on Aaron until he left his field of vision.

((Sunil Savarkar continued in House Made of Sticks.))
Edited by General Goose, Aug 6 2011, 09:34 AM.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As Aaron gave her the gloves and stripped wire, Aileen mumbled a token "thanks", put the gloves on, and continued fiddling with them.

However, Milo and DuClare shared her thoughts. To be honest, for once she couldn't blame them. Heck, Milo even admitted to being self-absorbed. If anything went wrong, people could die, either from being electrocuted or having their collars detonated for screwing with the collars. It was incredibly risky, and with those people standing nearby, who had already had someone close to them die....

Well, Aaron had his own way of dealing with them.

Aileen jumped as he began firing in their direction. Oh jesus christ, and he didn't learn from last time?! And this wasn't Rob Jenkins, either! These were two guys looking for their friend that had been killed! They had been doing nothing to them! They didn't seem to like it either, as they screamed and cussed at them as well, before running away.

Aaron... what did you DO? Were you trying to make people pissed off at you?

And as if he wanted to make matters worse... he had focused his attention on Milo now. Oh great, so now he was pointing that thing on his own team mates? Yup, he had lost his shit-

What the shit was he mouthing? "It was alright"? So another part of his plan involved randomly waving that thing around? Really? Damn. Okay, so maybe he was putting on a show to distract the camera or something, making it look like he had gone crazy while she did her thing. She hoped. She wasn't thinking straight. But still. She couldn't help but-

And then he focused his attention on her.

Aileen turned, and with trembling hands put the stripped wire on the camera's wire. Okay, that was there. She guessed that she had to put it on Milo's collar.

As she approached Milo with the wire, she couldn't help but wonder. Would this work? Would it save them all? Would it be a godsend? But it was going to fail... she was sure of that. No, it couldn't fail, could it?

"Milo, if this hurts... I'm sorry", she whispered.

Even if he was a douche, she still didn't want to hurt him. If he started complaining, she'd stop right there. If he was able to complain. Hopefully if it doesn't work, he would be able to.

Hopefully.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
The girl had almost touched the wires to Milo's collar.

"Please... don't do it, I don't know who you are but I don't want to-" he sobbed, but was interrupted by a searing wall of pain as the wire touched his collar and sent nearly a thousand volts straight through his body.

Milo screamed. For once it wasn't a faked scream, because of cowardice- Milo was very nearly being shocked to death, and the electricity charred the skin around his neck, causing him unimaginable agony.

The girl pulled away, and the pain stopped as the current reached the ground. Tears streaked down Milo's face.

"Please help me... I don't want to die here," Milo said, crying.

Beep.

"Oh fuck!" Milo yelled. "I'm... I'm going to die! One of you... help me, god damn it! I don't... I don't want to fucking die!" Milo screamed.

Beep.

Milo kept screaming, unintelligibly, but was interrupted by a loud bang, similar to a firecracker going off, as the charge in the collar tore his throat open. He attempted to keep screaming, but all that came out was a quiet hiss as air escaped his exposed, ripped trachea. He clutched the blood-spurting, in disbelief and looked at the girl as he fell to his knees.

"Why?" he mouthed. There was no point trying to actually say it. Mouthing it was good enough.

Everything went black and Milo slumped over. A splash as his head landed in a pool of his own blood.

Aileen. That was her name. Yeah... we had a class together back in middle school. No wonder she hated me so much, Milo thought. Guess this is the end. There are worse ways to go out, I suppose.

And with that, the pain ended.

B048: TAYLOR, MILO - DECEASED
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

Quote:

Quote:

Jonny
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Her eyes were closed when it happened, so it followed naturally that she could open them up, whenever she was ready, to the sight of goofy grins and slapping hands and a hip and a hip and a hooray. And not a drop of blood in sight, and not a drop of blood in sight.

No such luck.

There was Milo, or there was most of Milo, and there was Aaron. Aaron, who had sounded so confident about this plan. Aaron, with the gun in his hand. Aaron, looking blank and looking still and telling her nothing – start cackling or start weeping, for fucksake, so Charlie can know how to feel. You just killed a boy, at least have the common decency to let Charlie know whether she ought to... ought to...

A fine point. Hypothetically: Aaron slicks back his hair and puts on some sunglasses and twirls his shiny gun because You fools, I have been the villain all along, you are puppets on my strings!

And then?

No, you don't fight him, because he has a gun and you gave your mirror to a crispy girl because MacGyver was your dad's favorite show you looked up the show a bit when you bought him the DVD set for Father's day. No, no, you don't run, because you'd be alone on a scary fucking island with two hundred markers reading Here lies . . . and none reading Home. No, no, fucking no, you don't stay with him, because you sure as fuck already know how that ends.

So you cross that bridge, maybe, when you come to it.

But for now you do some stupid fucking things, some things that are maybe just maybe going to get you killed and put this whole thing to rest, because you need to know whether you're already standing on that bridge. So with a trembling you hope isn't big enough for him to see and with a few broad steps forward,

“Jesus fucking Christ, Aaron, you- you don't get to be calm right now. Fuck, you, you get-”

She grabbed onto his gun. Not the handle- hahaha, what, did you think she was stupid or something? The barrel. Pressed it against her stomach. Looked the boy dead in the eye. Not much else she could do right now to make herself more afraid.

“You get to make a choice. Because you just killed him, Aaron, you killed- and it wasn't her, she didn't even do anything, you can't put any of that on her. Okay? So you- you got to make a choice now, okay?”

Barrel of the gun was shaking now.

Please tell me that's him and not me.

“One choice is you're a killer and, and you wanted this, you wanted him to die, in which case you fucking shoot me right now, you fucking admit it to me and you and everyone else, okay, because I don't want to look over my shoulder every minute of the rest of my live.”

Oh God, it was definitely her.

“Either that, or you- or you're not a killer, and this wasn't what you wanted, you didn't want him to... you didn't want anyone to die! And if that's true, then you don't get to be calm, you- you need to start showing some fucking remorse for that! You need to be sorry, you son of a fucking- you need to be sorry!”

“Okay?”

Okay,

he said, without a word.

He snuffled. Once, twice. He loosened his grip on the gun. Set it on the ground. Sat down, legs folded, head in his hands. There were no tears, which was a little odd because Charlie had been expecting tears (hoping for tears), but there was something there. Something in his face, maybe, to tell her. But it seemed awful rude right now to lift up his head and give his grief an inspection. To look him in his dry eyes and tell him he wasn't doing good enough.

So you don't.

So instead you pull yourself together and bend down low and hope.

And trust and believe. And with your arms holding him tight you start to gently whisper,

“It's okay. It's okay. I know you didn't want this, I'm... sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. You're a good guy, Aaron, I know you didn't mean to. It's okay. It'll be okay. It'll all be alright.”

It's true, it's true, it's all true. He did it on accident, he's a good guy, he's your friend. So say it, say it again, say it all, say it like you mean it. Say it till you're not afraid anymore. Say it till nobody is trembling.

Say it till you believe.

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The two other boys left, with some exchange of profanities. Aaron didn't care. The second they were out of his sight, they were no longer factors. This was it. The moment of truth. He didn't know if they would be saved, but he hoped they would. If things just went according to the plan, they'd all be fine. Well, Aileen and Charlie and Aaron would be fine.

Things almost went according to plan.

He hadn't quite been expecting the actual death to go down like it did.

The collar didn't go off right away. The sadistic creeps who designed it had built it a bit differently. Milo started shouting. Begging. The whole time, the collar beeped. Aaron stood, stared. He couldn't do anything. Had he been able to, he wouldn't have done anything. This was all for the good of the group. Milo was a sacrifice. He was an unfortunately loud sacrifice, one who wouldn't just die and be done with it. This was... this was not going to be a public relations coup. This was going to need some serious damage mitigation. Morale was going to tank here. Aaron was completely at a loss as to how to spin this. Certainly he couldn't tell the truth. Aileen and Charlie would murder him, and with him would die any chance of recovering from this debacle.

Milo's collar finally exploded. There was blood. It was pretty horrific. Certainly worse than Guthrie in the tunnels. Aaron hadn't even seen that.

And Charlie started talking. She started in on him before he could get ready, before he could solidify his plan. He just stood there awkwardly with the gun in his hand as she yelled at him. He was completely blindsided, at a total loss for words.

What was the appropriate reaction here?

He was satisfied with the fact that Milo had died. It was best. It was for the good of the group. Aileen and Charlie wouldn't believe that. A teammate had just died, never mind how useless, deceitful, obnoxious, and dangerous he had been. Aaron was supposed to feel sad. He was supposed to feel like a failure. His plan had allegedly just exploded in his face. He was supposed to be crushed.

Do not grin.

He kept a straight face.

And Charlie pushed his gun into her gut and told him to pull the trigger if that was how he was doing things. He was almost tempted. He wasn't very pleased with her right now. His emotions were running a bit high, and she was on her way to becoming a liability. But that wasn't how this worked. He was trying to save people. If some of his teammates had to die, that was acceptable, but only because it had to be that way.

Charlie was shaking. Aaron made himself sniffle a couple times, then set the gun down. This is what a leader does. When things go wrong, they don't pitch a fit, no matter how much they want to. They don't throw the blame around. They don't try to wiggle out of responsibility.

Aaron was self-aware enough to know things would have been different if the plan had actually gone wrong. It didn't matter, though. He had a role to keep up.

He sat on the ground and buried his face in his hands. He needed time. He needed to stall. He needed a plan. Milo had fucked him over one last time, dying like he did, and now Aaron had to pull things back together.

"I..." he said, after a time. "I thought it.... would work. I was sure it would work."

It worked.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Did it work?

Like hell it did.

Zach scoffed.

(Zach Jamis continued from Eep)

Zach was not in a great mood. Then again, Zach was never in a great mood. There was a difference though. Hours ago, he was only annoyed, shuffling around nabbing a dufflebag right off of some chick that killed someone. Right now he was pissed. It had something to do with Sam. She wandered off again. Or maybe he was just disgusted. Or maybe there wasn't a reason at all, maybe Zach just wanted to feel pissed. Nothing wrong with that. Yeah, nothing wrong with being unreasonably pissed for no reason. Pretty sure it had something to do with Shaggy acting like a pussy.

Zach had his gun out. He didn't move his arm though. He just stared.

"... stop crying like a baby Shaggy."

Zach was disgusted. Had he fucked up that badly, he would have kept a straight-face. Or hit a tree really hard and bitched about how he fucked up. This shit? This shit was just pathetic. Oh no my plan didn't work the way I wanted, I'm going to just lay on the ground and cry like a baby. Bullshit. Wasn't Shaggy the ragtag leader, the one who was supposed to boss the underlings around? Guy wasn't spewing tears, wasn't sobbing either, but Zach felt the urge to gag despite that. It counted as crying like a baby to him. Zach wouldn't have done this. 'Course, he was the one who dropped the whole Leader shit decades ago.

Zach never kept masquerade masks. He never did like clutter.

"Get the fuck up." He sneered. Not just at Shaggy but Bandit as well. Jesus. Girl looked like shit. No wonder she backed off. "The fuck is wrong with you? The both of you. Fuck."

He was almost out of cigarettes. Maybe that was it. The one he had in his mouth was almost finished, and Zach clinged to it for dear life. Maybe Shaggy had some - no way. Guy's probably a mommy-loving boyscout who preached about forest fires and some shit. Zach hated boyscouts. His father wanted him to join it when he was young. He only went once to a cub scout meeting. Some kid spilled paint on his head and Zach broke the little shit's nose. Served him right.

Zach turned to Bandit. "You either shoot him or you don't. Don't go saying yes, then backing out. Only a coward does that."

Lecture time. Idiots. He turned to the camera, turned to the girl - fuck, he didn't even have a nickname for her - and back to Shaggy.

"Way I see it," he continued, "You were idiots for trying it anyway. Electricity is screwed up like that, you were putting a damn fork into a electrical socket. Do any of you assholes even know a thing about electricity? I sure as hell don't. 'Least I know that if something happens to the electricity in my house, I call a professional. Not take things into my own hands."

Cig was out. He let it drop.

"Way I see it, you guys fucked up. S'not like it matters. I always hated Taylor. Surprised he didn't get himself killed."
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He begged her to stop, but Aileen knew she had to. Hopefully he would be safe, right? If it started to hurt, she'd stop right there and try her best to patch up whatever injuries he had.

Oh, but if she had been in any better a mental state, then what happened next would have been something she would have protested against a bit more.

The electricity transferred from the wire to Milo's collar, but it... didn't work.

He screamed. It wasn't just a small cry of pain. She could tell it genuinely hurt. It wasn't a good sound, and it was clear that not only wasn't working, but it was hurting him.

Aileen ripped the wire away as quickly as possible, and stepped back. No, she had to stop this right then and there! No use trying again if it hurt and didn't work! And he was injured. She didn't even need to look. He was pleading with her, looking up at her like some sort of injured animal. A smell of burnt flesh had filled the air, like some sort of demented barbecue.

She'd hurt him.

He was a douche, sure. But she'd never wish something like that on anyone. She didn't know that much about electricity. But she knew one thing; getting electrocuted was probably among the most painful things you could go through.

And then the beeping started.

Aileen could only watch as he started pleading with her again, but she was paralyzed with fear. What could she do? She couldn't save him. They'd noticed. Either that or the collar had gone off just from the electricity. It didn't matter at this point in what was going to happen next

There was a crack like a firework, and Aileen closed her eyes on instinct. She didn't want to look. He wasn't screaming anymore. She had already guessed what had happened.

But, she had to look. She was responsible for it.

Aileen opened her eyes again.

Milo was lying on the ground, his head resting in his own blood. The burnt barbecue smell continued to fill the air, like strange incense. Even now, he seemed to be staring at her, begging for this not to happen. But there was no life in those eyes.

"Aaron..." she tried to say, but her voice wavered.

A chill went up and down her body.

She was a murderer. Make no mistake about that. She'd killed him. And she knew how much it hurt, based on how long and loud he was screaming. Even if he somehow survived, he wouldn't have lasted for long.

What did she do?

Oh god, what did she do?

With shaking hands, Aileen removed the stripping wire from the camera's wire, and tossed it and the gloves as far as she could. She... didn't want them to be used again.

And she could hear yelling. Wearily moving her head towards the cause, she could see DuClare and Aaron arguing. According to her, he didn't deserve to be calm about this, and was grabbing the barrel of the gun asking him to...

No. She wasn't begging for him to shoot her, was she?

Aileen stared with transfixed eyes. If this was a different Aileen from before, one who hadn't been exposed to so much death, one who hadn't killed someone, then she would have just sighed and asked them to break it up, possibly while yelling.

But for once, Aileen couldn't say anything. She opened her mouth, and no words came out.

Aaron was upset. To be honest, she wasn't sure if he was sad, if he was disappointed his plan didn't work, or just upset because he was supposed to.

And DuClare tried to comfort him.

Aileen wasn't sure how to react to all this. It was like she was watching a movie, rather than partaking in real life. Only, however, she was seeing through her own eyes rather than a lens.

She felt something in her stomach suddenly, and she knew what was about to happen. The burnt corpse, Milo's death, DuClare and Aaron arguing, and her killing someone... oh jesus. The taste of bile was coming up in her mouth.

Aileen collapsed to the ground on her hands and knees, and, well, vomited.

As she breathed heavily from the stress and felt herself shiver, feeling like her body wanted to heave again, she could hear someone talking to them again. It wasn't everyone in the group, that was for certain. And it probably wasn't those guys that Aaron had scared off with the gun.

Aileen looked up.

It was another guy, glaring at them. He must have seen everything that had just happened. This guy wore all black, and looked kind of jockish. And he just literally just added flames to the fire.

Who was this asshole? He had just apparently witnessed someone getting electrocuted to death by accident, and had just came over with a cigarette and started telling them what idiots they were? Not "Oh my god, is he okay?!" but more "you're idiots!".

He was rubbing their failure in their faces. Saying that Milo deserved it or something along those lines.

Aileen's fist clenched against the ground, and she once again started shaking, this time from anger. No one deserved that. He was just wandering over, telling them how much they screwed up.

Lifting herself off the ground as best as she could while avoiding her own vomit, she glared at him, feeling herself seethe as both hands loosened and tightened.

He had no right to just come over here and call them morons, rubbing their failure in their face and insulting a dead person. No one should insult a fucking dead person, especially one who had just died and you just witnessed the death of.

And the only words she could come up were...

"Fuck. Off. Seriously. Who are you, and why do you feel the fucking need to tell us where we screwed up? Because it isn't like we're FREAKING OUT OVER HERE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST JUST GO AWAY GO FUCK OFF AND PLAY YOUR DUMBASS KILLER GAMES!"

Aileen felt tears running down her face as she yelled.

She didn't want to deal with this.

Not right now.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Apologies for skipping Jonny, but as he is Away and not on MSN right now and I know people are edging towards inactivity, I'm just going to have something nice and short that doesn't move things too far so we don't leave Charlie behind in the narrative.))

Aaron glanced up and froze. It seemed something had gone wrong here after all. He'd been so focused on neutralizing the threats within his group that he'd managed to let an outside one slip past him. The guy had a gun. Looked upset, but not immediately hostile. He started talking at them, though, ranting and calling them stupid and all sorts of other things. Aaron wanted to snap at him, wanted to explain that, yeah, of course it had killed the guy. That was rather the point. Sharing that tidbit would not be a good choice, though, not at all.

But the ranting, much as it steamed Aaron, bought him time to think, time to plan. It also bought Aileen to work herself into yet another towering rage, which she turned on the newcomer. Aaron let her go. It was a distraction. She was buying time for the group. She was buying time for Aaron to work out a way to get them out of this mess. He didn't bother responding to the rant point by point. He didn't get stuck in an argument. That could come later, when they were on even ground.

Instead, he turned to face the guy more directly, in the process maneuvering himself just a tiny bit closer to the gun. He wasn't going to start a firefight. He just hoped to, if it became necessary, force a stalemate.

"Look," he said, hoping he was giving his voice enough quiver. "We... this has been pretty awful for us. What do you even want?"
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Jonny
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
And the world kept sinking and nobody noticed. Things got torn around their edges, bent, wrinkled, and it was just a little harder to see any light. And they weren't noticing, nobody was fucking noticing- why weren't they fucking noticing? Why let everything sink and sink and suddenly it's all gone and you never even realized it was leaving? Why aren't you doing something about it, why aren't you fucking noticing?

Yeah. You're too busy yelling at each other. Which...

... which, okay, glass houses. Flash back to just a moment ago, lookit what we had there. Girl, loud, angry (this would be Charlie), and boy, quiet, remorseful (this would be Aaron). She kept yelling and yelling till he sat down and cried. Hey, guys, did you hear that DuClare girl yelled at some nerdy kid till he broke down in tears? Ha ha ha, what a catty bitch. She's nothing if not consistent.

No, hey, break out the silver linings and pull yourself together. It was the right thing to do. Yes? Yes. It had been the good thing, the compassionate thing, the... fuck, what's a synonym for tough love tha doesn't make you sound like an asshole when you use it? Anything? No, nothing? Well, fuck it. It was necessary. Aaron had to realize... and then he realized... and then she hugged him and told him it was alright so that balanced out anything negative. That made it okay.

What the fuck are you gonna do to make it okay, you Hot-Topic-looking motherfucker? Hugs don't count, this is beyond the level of a hug and go fuck yourself, we don't want a hug from you anyway. Make everyone a home-cooked breakfast, then we'll talk. Find a wild boar. Turn it into bacon. Do what you have to do.

And even if he did make it up, why do it in the first place? Why pull any of that shit, going on about herp derp you guys are dumb and Milo was an asshole, which I say without even a hint of irony herp derp. It doesn't help. It doesn't shine any lights. It makes the world sink down, down, further down, and you're not even noticing. Asshole.

So you say,

“Got to be fucking kidding me...”

And you walk towards him. Pretty slowly, and hands held in the air so as to be as non-threatening as possible, but walking towards him all the same. And you say,

“I can't fucking deal with this anymore. Alright? I don't want to hear this shit anymore. I don't want to hear any more insults, or any screaming,” wait Charlie who is that part referring to, “or... I just... can't. Deal. With any of this.

“I don't care how many guns I have to stand in front of today,” two, please just keep it to two, don't go above two, “just stop. Okay? Just stop, or just fucking shoot me right now...

“Whichever's easier for you.”

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Guess who needs to live? Inactivity avoidance post))

Aaron had tried the basic method of asking him what he wanted.

DuClare, however...

Oh fucking shit.

Oh, oh fucking shit.

Did she have a fucking death wish?! Did she want to get shot? Really, Aileen couldn't put up with this shit right now. This douchebag could just go and rot right now, for all she cared. He had no right to just jump in front of them and tell them how much they screwed up.

And now she was forcing herself in front of his gun, too? Fucking hell. Aileen didn't want any more death, especially right now. She really didn't want to deal with some girl who had some kind of suicidal tendency at this moment, either. Was she really trying to get herself killed?!

Ailee felt herself continue to clench and relax her hand, still angered by the asshole's yelling.

"DuClare... stop. Don't... don't... don't..." she attempted to say, but it only came out like a broken record. Her voice had turned into a quiet tone.

But she figured it out.

"DuClare. Stop throwing yourself in front of guns. Please? Pl..."

She felt herself starting to cry again.

Whenever Aileen was upset about something, she'd often try to snark it off, subtly (or sometimes blatantly) trying to insult something about it. It was her way of coping with things, you see.

And now even that tactic didn't work. Aileen had very little to say.

Looking at the new arrival again, she tried once more. Her lip curled in frustration, her hands still clenching, and tears still running down her cheeks. No more of this shit. No fucking more. He should just run the fuck away. Go fucking away.

"Look... just... go. None of us are willing to deal with this right now. You have no right to come over here and tell us we screwed up. Mind leaving us alone?"

It was, of course, a bit more calmer than last time. But the tone... the tone still wasn't very pleasant.

It was already starting to be a long day.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zach Jamis

was unsure

It wasn't like he was doubting. Of course not. He was always doubting himself. He figured that was perfectly normal for teenagers, even though he tried his best never to not be a normal teenager, fuck being a normal teenage, why the hell would he EVER want to be a normal teenager? This was different though. This girl was crying, her hope and innocence has been bled out for all to see and Zach wanted to chew her out for it. Zach was an ass but...

... who the fuck was this girl? He hadn't even realized she was there. And she's standing in the way of him, like some kind of human shield. Zach blinked. For a second he almost forgot that he's bluffing, and remembered that he didn't have a single bullet in the gun. He was supposed to be robbing these people, but of course Zach never followed his plans exactly.

"... I'm not planning on killing you. Jesus."

Then Zach looked at the raccoon. He sneered. Who gave this bitch permission to tell him what to do?

"Don't give me that pity shit. It's your fuck up, not mine. Don't go rubbing your sad, pathetic... I'm not the bad..."

... but. Optimism can overpower logic. Zach was aware of this. He wasn't good at feeling sad. Man, fuck emotions.

"... I'm sorry. Whatever. I'm sorry."

Zach felt uncomfortable. The best thing he could have done was turn around and walk away, just as Aileen wanted. He sighed, turned and did just that.

Zach was crumbling. He could feel it. He was turning into something that he was not. He was... turning into a guy with a conscious. Ugh. Man. The thought of that left a bad taste on his mouth. Zach felt himself gag. He hated this island so damn much. He wish he were off it. For once, Zach really hoped that escape were possible... but then he realized that he was actually acknowledging this game as a game and that alone made him gag a second time. What the hell was he becoming? Because he sure as hell didn't recognize it as Zach Jamis. The voice in his head asked him. What the fuck are you going to do Zach? And he quickly responded. Shut the fuck up.

He had a jolt of apprehension in his gut that he couldn't shake. His head wasn't helping matter. He didn't figure that it was humanity slowly slipping in through the small cracks of his thick armor. Probably a lack of nicotine. Yeah. That must be it.

Zach sneered. Pulled the pack out. It was getting desperately low.

Now whatchu gonna do Zach? What 'you gonna do?"

"The fuck am I going to do?" Zach mumbled in between cancer stick. "I was hoping YOU would know the answer to that. You're completely useless."

Flicked the lighter.

"I guess I'm going to do what I've always done..."

Light. Click.

"Staying in-character."

Inhale. Exhale. Same as always.

(Zach Jamis continued in Boats and Birds)
Edited by Ciel, May 25 2011, 11:31 PM.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The girls drove the new guy off. The group wasn't mugged or shot or killed. Charlie's and Aileen's aggressive and near-suicidal assertiveness actually paid off and backed the boy away, coerced him into letting out a meek little almost-apology. Aaron was completely stunned. He'd been expecting, well, he wasn't quite sure what, but he'd been getting ready to make a move, and now it was totally superfluous.

He wasn't going to complain. He wasn't going to worry. He was going to pull things together, get everything worked out, and carry on. He was going to see his plan enacted.

Well, okay, he didn't have much of a plan anymore. He was on his backup plan now, and it wasn't that applicable if they were all going to survive and make their way home, but it would do. It could tide them over until he figured out something better. It would at least keep them together, keep them from dissolving in the face of adversity. They'd bonded over this experience. They'd all learned a bit more about each other. Aaron was impressed with his allies, impressed at their ability to handle themselves, impressed at their competence now that they were unrestrained by worthless hangers-on, and, most of all, impressed by the way they were willing to put their lives on the line for those they trusted.

He'd have to be sure to maintain their trust. He'd have to retrieve his notebook before Aileen got to flip through it. There was something in there that it would be very, very bad if she found.

He reclaimed his gun, flipped the safety on, and stuck it in his pocket. Its weight was comforting.

He rubbed his eyes a little bit, then turned to Charlie and Aileen.

"H-hey," he said. "I... I'm sorry this ended up this way. I'm going to need to... find somewhere to think for a bit. I think I can s-still maybe come up with something, but it's going to... take some time to get everything figured out."

He glanced meaningfully at Milo's body there, hoping he looked sufficiently disheartened and upset.

"If you don't want to come, then I understand. But I... hope you will."

There. That was good. He was shaken, but not defeated. He was going to regroup. They were going to follow him. After that, how could they not? After everything they'd been through, after Charlie's hug, after Aileen's killing of Milo, well, they needed Aaron more than ever. He was their hope, their guidance, their leader.

Yeah. They'd follow him.

So he set off. This time, he made sure to keep his pace a bit slower, to not get ahead. This was supposed to be a learning experience for him. He was supposed to mend his ways. Might as well pick something easy that Aileen had seemed upset about.

Besides, it was dangerous to be alone at night.

((Aaron Hughes continued in Altering the Deal))
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Jonny
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
It's okay to be shaking now.

And to fall to your knees as soon as you're sure the kid with the gun isn't looking, and to think to yourself about how stupid it was to wait till he wasn't looking. That was valuable time you wasted. Time spent on your feet is time spent pretending to be okay. Time spent pretending to be okay is time spent not being okay.

And here was Aileen asking if she could maybe not step in front of so many guns. Which sorta approached the vicinity of kind words.

“Haha, yeah... that's the last one, I promise.” Some sort of weird, nervous giggle type thing. Certainly not any sound a normal person would make. “At least for today.”

And then a full-blown laugh, with all the glorious cracks around its edges so everyone could see.

But it was going to get better now. There were friends here now. Here to chase all the monsters away and to shine their lights till all the news was good. And mend all the cracks around the edges till Charlie could laugh again and mean it.

God, wouldn't that be the day.

And here was Aaron, saying he hoped Charlie would come along to wherever he was going. And in doing so, raising the possibility that she might not. Don't. Even. Joke. About. That. She's coming, of course she's coming, she's on her way, she's getting up right now, she's ready to go.

Ready to lead where you will follow, where anyone will follow, because there are so many fucking monsters on this island and anything's better than seeing them constantly out of the corner of your eye.

Anything.

((Charlie DuClare continued elsewhere))

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And just like that.

Just like that he left.

She... wasn't aware it would be that easy. She'd expect him to be a stubborn prick and insist on staying, insulting them some more. And that was the best scenario coming up in Aileen's mind.

Aileen stared off as he left just after beginning to fire off more insults and having stopped himself mid-sentence.

People were strange.

This was a detail Aileen found out a long time ago. Of course, it wasn't surprising hearing that from the girl who usually sat by herself reading back at school. It was one of those things you expect people to say. Like the athlete to say "Practice was hard but worth it in the long run", or the popular girl to say "You bitch stop stealing my clothes!". Stereotypes? Yes, but the point remained.

Aileen was once again confused by other people's behavior.

DuClare seemed tuckered out by all this nonsense, but in the end, they all were. And... laughter. It wasn't a good sign. The entire thing had probably driven her up the wall. Aileen found herself feeling sorry for her, actually.

Aaron seemed to flick through the gun and place it in his pocket, and started talking again.

Already they had to leave.

Aileen stared down at Milo. Couldn't they just... she didn't know, do something about him? They couldn't leave him laying out in the open like that! He needed a burial, or a cremation. Or, hell, something. It was unethical to just leave his body lying around where everyone could see if, especially in that state.

Aileen scooped down, and attempted to grab the dead body by the legs. But in the end, it was too heavy for her. What could she say? She was an un-athletic nerd. There was no way she could get his body someplace without the help of Aaron and Du-

She looked up.

They hadn't stayed.

Aileen felt herself panicking.

She didn't care at that moment that Aaron had thought up the plan that got Milo killed, or that DuClare had a death wish. Well, she cared about those, actually. They were going to get themselves hurt, based on what happened here. Aaron had already two times fired on people without warning, and that was only right at the start of the list. DuClare was starting to act suicidal.

If she had told them what she was trying to do or something... then they would have stayed, right?

She had to be there, in case something happened. She wasn't exactly the biggest voice of reason, that she knew. But she knew one thing.

Aileen Borden had to be there so they wouldn't do that sort of thing as much.

It was going to be chaos if she left. That was certain.

Aileen let Milo fall to the ground, and gently touched what was left of his head, like a mother comforting a small child.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

Both for doing that to him, and for not being able to let him rest in peace. Maybe later she could find a way to bury him in some way, if Aaron would let her come back here.

And so she grabbed her things and left to find Aaron and DuClare.

((Aileen Borden continued in Altering the Deal))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply