Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I Was a Teenage Hand Model; Open
Topic Started: Mar 14 2011, 10:01 AM (3,320 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Autumn O'Leary continued from Take Back the Fear ))

Autumn had been walking on her own for quite sometime. She'd left the "fun fair" as it was labeled on the map (not very fun from her perspective) and had set off wandering around. She'd just set off in one direction for the sake of not staying in the same place. Every once in a while she'd heard a gun shot or a scream but she wasn't swayed from her straight path to no where. Autumn didn't spend her energy needlessly, keeping a nice steady pace. She had more than enough food and water after taking the rations from three bags back at the fair. So she carried on at a leisurely pace, ate when she felt hungry, drank when she felt thirsty and didn't endanger herself by rushing off to involve herself in one of the many disputes she'd heard between her classmates.

If they want to kill each other, it's none of my business.

It was sunset when Autumn reached the key. She avoided most of the mucky swamp by sticking closer to the coast line while not going right in the middle of the beach. It would be a move of idiocy to just stroll along the beach with no cover.

Day 7. She was unhurt, well fed, well hydrated, and armed to the teeth. And all of it all on her own. She was doing just fine all by herself. All that was missing from the winning equation was sleep. She'd tried to sleep but it was rough going jolting awake to every twig snap. Autumn had Nik's gun on hand always, ready to take down anyone who decided they wanted to involve her in their hunting games.

Over the past days she'd heard the announcements. By her estimations about half the class was gone and dead. She couldn't quite figure it out. She somehow outlasted half the class just walking around and eating bread. Oh, and of course some girl had done something to her collar. Good for her, she supposed. But just as quickly she'd been denounced and had the whole island gunning for her. Oh well, those were the brakes.

The most annoying thing was that it felt like she was drifting along with no purpose or direction. She didn't like not having a goal. Other than the obvious goal of "don't die."

When she reached the edge of the beach there seemed to be a boat a little way away. Autumn walked up to it. It was a wreck. An idea struck her. She climbed up to the rickety boat and grabbed one of the old doors leading down into the boat from the cock pit. After a few pulls the door came off. It wasn't hard, the boat was falling apart as is. She threw the wood down to the sand and hopped off the boat after it.

things
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Autumn stood up and stretched after dislodging the door from the boat. Just as her limbs were pleasantly extending and relaxing she heard a voice from behind. Autumn turned to see a girl, Maddy. It also didn't take long for her to realize that this particular girl had a gun. Well, it seemed only fair that they should be on even ground.

Autumn took Nik's colt out of her skirt waist band and turned to face Maddy, now both girls with guns. She sighed and looked the girl over.

"Is there something I can help you with?" she asked.

She wanted to know what was her deal with the piece of boat she just ripped off. Autumn nodded in the direction of the beach towards the still corpse of a girl on the sand.

"Funeral," she said simply.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The other girl backed away slowly until she turned in towards the forest and walked off. That was just fine with Autumn. Being alone was the safest way to be. Your chances of dying went down dramatically if there was no one around to kill you.

She turned back and dragged the part of a door just to were the water licked the sand. Next, she went over to the dead girl and dragged her up to the piece of wood. She was throwing sand over the wood when someone else came up.

A cute girl, and this one also had a nice piece in hand. Autumn stood up from her work and whipped her own firearm out.

She lifted one eyebrow and admired the other girl’s gun like they’d just both pulled out rather pretty shades of lip stick. Nik’s gun was so much heavier than her old gun. It drooped slightly in her grasp, pointing downward.

“I’m making a pyre,” she replied with something of a tired sigh.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Autumn looked steadily at Claire for a moment. If she was going to shoot her, she would have done it by now. Still, it never hurt to be cautious.

"If you take a shot at me you better pray it's fatal or I will put you down," she said.

Autumn tossed sand onto the door. She chucked handfuls of sand until she seemed satisfied by the amount and began spreading it down, even and flat.

"I don't know her," she answered in question about the girl. "I don't care, frankly. It's for me. Not for her."

She hoped that her real purpose might occur to Claire but if it didn't, seeming like a crazy person suited her fine. Autumn grabbed the dead girl by the arms and dragged her to the sand covered door, hefting her onto it after a few tries. They were near enough to the water that the waves licked at the wood. When a particularly large swell came in the door floated for a brief second before being let gently down again by the retreating tide. Autumn threw a few pieces of drift wood onto the girl and dug into her pocket for the plastic lighter that she'd found in Staffan's bag.

"Make a wish," she said and held out the lighter to Claire.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Autumn brushed off Claire's response like she hadn't heard it. She pushed the make- shift raft towards the water line and gave it one hard kick so that it was floating in water just deep enough where it no longer touched the sand. Autumn took a stick off of the pile of brush wood she'd thrown on and lit it with the lighter. She gave the corpse and her disorganized creation one last look before she threw the flaming wood onto the girl and watched as the fire spread slowly, but steadily. She hefted one last shove and it sailed peacefully away from the island. Soon it was a flickering blaze on the otherwise empty ocean.

She watched it drift. "It's not fair," she said to no one in particular. "I didn't do anything to deserve this. I was good. I was responsible. And for all of my organization and my planning there's not a thing in the world that could have made it so I wouldn't end up at the spot at this very moment."

She bit her lip so hard she thought it might bleed.

"It's just not fair."
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry sorry, I promise not to do that again @_@))

Autumn stood perfectly still, hand on the gun in her waist band and looked at her little spot of light. After some time she turned to look at Claire and Claire was looking back at her. She didn't like that look.

"Do you feel sorry for me? Do you think you're better than me? Do you think I'm crazy?"

Her feet dug into the sand and she turned to face Claire completely.

"I'm not," she said, her voice raising with her word. "I'm not!" this time said defensively.

"I'm fine. And I made it here all alone with no help from anyone. Can you say the same? Can you survive all on your own?"

There was pride in her voice, she was proud to have made it alone. She was independent. It was almost a taunt.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I don't care what you've been through," she said, voice rising.

Autumn pulled the gun out, though in it's current position it was held pointing the floor.

"SHUT UP!" she screamed at that last reminder that she was still in this nightmare. No matter how much fire power and supplies she had, it was still an inescapable situation. All of her efforts were just spinning her wheels.

Autumn was breathing hard. She realized her gun was pointed square at the other girl's chest. She swallowed and took a deep breath. Autumn took an apprising look at the other girl.

"And what are you doing that's so much better?" she said having regained her normal tone of voice.

"You lost everyone like I did, didn't you? I can tell. Only people like us have that hardened look when they stare at someone. It's stubbornness."
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Autumn pulled back. Her arm with the gun at the end of it went slack and the weight of the gun brought it down, pointing towards the sand.

"It's cold out," she said flatly.

Autumn picked up her bag and slung the strap over her shoulder. It was heavy, but that was a sign of all the supplies she'd picked up. It was her survival given corporeal form.

"It's been cold for a while."

She looked at Claire, still a bit uncomfortable that she'd lost control the way that she did. Autumn was better than that. She wasn't a scared brat that would go on a shooting spree when a squirrel ran by.

"Do you ever get the feeling that you'll never be warm again?"

It was a stupid question that meant nothing. She immediately regretted it.

"Never mind. Go away and I won't waste a bullet on you."
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Autumn watched Claire go off. She backed away from her with her weapon raised until she turned tail and ran off.

That's right, run away scared. Autumn would never do that. She was too proud. She stuck her nose up and turned sharply on her heel. She looked like a little girl, proud to have gotten the last ball away from a sad kiddie at recess.

Her steady steps made a slight squashing sound as they dug in the sand and in her periphery the bright light of the girl she set aflame flickered on the horizon of the ocean.

She had her bag and she did was she'd set out to achieve. The beach was too open of a location. Any desperate loser who stumbled onto the beach would be able to see her. Autumn whipped back to look at the burning pyre one last time. No remorse. Not for her or the bodies she'd looted. She would survive and she'd do it alone. She was the only person she trusted.

Autumn bit her lip. Her left eye lid moved a little of it's own accord. She blinked. For one second she thought she saw a flash of Nik's body, eyes glazed and blood pooling. It was just a second. Her eyebrows knitted together and she stood open-mouthed. She shook her head wildly and cleared her throat.

She was starting to trust even herself less and less.

((Autumn O'Leary continued in Deep Warm Drunk))
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Key · Next Topic »
Add Reply