Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Guilty Ones; Night 6 ---> Day 7 [[Private, CONTENT WARNING'D]]
Topic Started: Mar 8 2011, 04:17 PM (3,386 Views)
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[[Hayley Kelly continued from Sprint For The Finish Line]]

[[OOC: Permission to make a new topic here was obtained and all that.]]

It was not supposed to be like this. Hayley and Ema were definitely not supposed to have ended up back in the fucking sand breathing in goddamn saltwater with their guns probably getting rusty from the sea air however that works, sea air rusts things, yeah? whatever even. They were supposed to be unconscious on some gloriously huge beds or maybe in like...a jacuzzi or whatever it is rich people have nowadays. In the mansion, was the general idea, that was the plan, but there was that whole Liz Polanski thing again.

That fucking bitch ruins everything. First she gets her collar off before me and now she practically chases me out of my motherfucking mansion, that's just like blatant racism right there.

Or something.

Maybe she was exaggerating just a little, given that there was no way Liz had ever been aware that she and Ema had been nearby. They'd headed straight off to the mansion from the tunnels, and Hayley for her part was super hype about the whole thing, to the point where she managed to not smoke another cigarette or have another nervous breakdown or shoot anyone else in the head or do any of that Survival of the Fittest variety shit that she'd been getting so accustomed to. It was a drama free walk, and the sunlight dimmed with no fanfare, and Hayley was wide awake, somehow, too excited to be tired. She wanted to go swimming, or something, she wasn't sure what she wanted, really, but whatever, hyperactivity is hyperactivity. At any rate it was getting dark and Hayley could see the mansion in the near distance and she was about to sprint to the goddamn door when

it opened and out came Liz fucking Polanski.

OF COURSE.

She wasn't alone, in fact she was being carried, carried by some boy whose name escaped her mind at the moment. But she was unmistakably herself, from the bandages around her neck- so she really DID do it? holy shitfuck, this girl pulled some major shit off -to her general gothy gothness. They were quite close, in fact it was a miracle (and bushes) that kept them out of notice, and a long moment passed where Hayley seriously considered popping a cap in the girl's head, because if there was one person who Hayley would feel absolutely no guilt about killing (because guilt was definitely her problem), it was Charlene Norris Liz Polanski.

She had this feeling that the same thought was passing through Ema's mind. It was a great feeling, it told her she wasn't a horrible person. Feelings like that got rarer by the day.

But the girl had a fucking squadron with her. Besides the boy carrying her, there was another girl and two boys, and she could see they were armed. One of the boys, at least, the redhead, he had a gun- a weird fucking gun but hell, if Ema's ray gun is a thing I'm not gonna judge anyone else's deadly weapon, especially not when they're likely to be pointed at me. It was a tough call, and it sucked, because this could be so easy, but she wasn't going to risk being Dead Girl Number Whatever-The-Fuck-They-Were-On-Now when they could oh so easily slip away into the darkness.

For a long moment, Hayley wanted to stay, and wait. They seemed like they were leaving, and Hayley wanted her goddamn mansion with the goddamn jacuzzi that she'd just made up but what kind of mansion doesn't have a jacuzzi, anyway? What the fuck is taking them so long? Liz had disappeared with the boy, but the other three were still there, with some girl, who was- what was it, blocking the entrance? Come the fuck on...

An irritated Hayley Kelly gave Ema an exasperated look and beckoned Ema back off into the darkness. If these assholes were gonna take her spot, she was just gonna have to spend the night somewhere else. Even with both of them locked and loaded that is exceptionally cliche, I am a dork Hayley didn't quite trust that they'd be able to pick all four off unscathed.

Safer out somewhere else. She hoped so, anyway.

And that's how they found themselves on the fucking beach, and she didn't realize exactly where she was until she tripped right over the still headless (no shit it's still headless) body of James goddamn Mulzet.

Fucking...FUCK.

She didn't fall. Thank God or Buddha or whoever for that shit, cause if she had she would've gone face first in a stagnant blood puddle, which would have fucked up her shirt majorly, not that she would've minded that much cause she actually hated Placebwhat are you even thinking about, HOW THE FUCK DID WE GET BACK HERE. THIS IS THAT KID YOU KILLED THAT ONE TIME. Remember? James Mulzet? Shit getting real? Being heroic like a motherfucker? Yeah.

This is some day three shit right here.

Hoping Ema would tactfully ignore the fact that she was at present graceful as a really-not-graceful-thing, Hayley stepped on over the body and yes, this was definitely the beach. It was colder than the rest of the island and everything smelled like salt and brine and blech. Whatever. It's one night. I can do one night.

"Feels like it's been forever, yeah?" she said quietly, looking at Ema. "It's only been, what, four days? And everything's different now."

She decided not to think about exactly what had happened the last time she'd been here. The last time she'd been here, Kyle Portman had been walking and breathing and shirtless, but she was going to think as little as possible about any of that, because she didn't quite hate herself.

Not just yet.
Edited by Hollyquin, Mar 8 2011, 04:18 PM.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah. Things change fast, huh?"

Super eloquent, Ema Ryan. It wasn't like Hayley blamed her, given the complexity of the situation, and how late it was getting, and how neither of them were particularly good at putting words together in ways that made sense for normal humans. She couldn't help but wonder exactly how late it was, considering the sun had only just finished sinking completely out of sight- the dark sky bleaching the sand white in a way that was totally giving her flashbacks that she was going to ignore. It's summer, so it could be 9 already...what time zone are we even in? It's definitely summer so we're, like, in the same hemisphere at least. That's...comforting? She wrinkled her nose. She hadn't put much thought into where or when she was, she realized. Probably because she'd been distracted by this whole murder thing.

Yep. Go on and accentuate the positive, girly.

She kicked off her sneakers and pulled her socks off behind them, well aware that all she was going to succeed in by wearing them now was filling them with sand, guaranteeing her last days on earth would be itchy as hell. Her toes dug through the sand, that sensation being maybe the one thing she liked about beaches, and let her daypack drop from her shoulder. Her gun, her Vera- was she still holding it? She had hardly noticed; at this point it just seemed to belong in her hand. She didn't let go of it, though she noted the safety was still off (smooth, Hayley, I guarantee you were this close to shooting yourself in the foot) and clicked it on.

She looked back at Ema, trying to think of something not lame to say.

"Hey... do you have anything left in that flask? I could use something to take the edge off this whole stupid week."

There was an extended pause as Hayley processed this question.

And there was an obvious change in her expression when the meaning finally got through to her.

HOW DID I EVEN FUCKING FORGET?! I have alcohol I HAVE ALCOHOL. LIFE HAS MEANING. I love everything. This is the greatest thing that has ever happened in anyone's life ever. Ever. Deadass. Like a rescue helicopter could show up and I could not be happier HOW DID EMA REMEMBER THIS AND I FORGOT I don't even know holy fuck I have vodka I HAVE VODKA we have vodka, have I ever drank with Ema I don't think I have if we drank when we were dating we probably would have fucFOCUS HAYLEY THERE IS ALCOHOL IN YOUR BAG AND YOU ARE NOT DRINKING IT AND THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS.

She realized she was grinning like an idiot, which was probably super attractive. She shrunk her smile to the non-freakish kind.

Have I drank any of it...? Yeah, I had like, a sip. Last time I was here, actually. This is so perfectly circular. 'Cept last time I was here I was trying to get laid-

There was definitely a logical completion of that thought, and it was hanging on the tip of Hayley's tongue? brain? brain-tongue?, but...but. No. Bad Hayley. Be good and get fucked up with your bestie, yeah?

You have a unique definition of good.

No one is asking for your advice.

"Yeah. Yeah, I've definitely got some left, I mean, I've barely had any, I'd totally forgotten I had any until now, really-"

She was babbling. So not cute. She laughed almost sheepishly as she cut herself off, scratching her head. Embarrassed. Why the fuck was she embarrassed? Ema'd seen her kill people, she could probably deal with the fact that she was a fucking idiot. She bent over to open her bag (I am probably flashing cameras right now, whose idea was it to wear a miniskirt on Survival of the Fittest? Mine? Oh right, I'm retarded) and released her death grip on Vera, so cheered was she by the prospect of being piss drunk on a beach. Tucking the gun into her bag, she dug out the item in question- a decently sized silver flask with the words "hot mess" emblazoned oh-so-classily is that a word even on the front. She sloshed it around a bit. Yep, definitely mostly full.

Dear God or Buddha or maybe Satan in this case: you are fucking awesome, bro. Full score.

"Gotcha. You like vodka, yeah?"

How'd she known that? They'd never drank together except for that party. The one where you fucked that sexy hipster boy who you never saw again. And then Ema saw you. And then you broke up. You know, that one time.

Ow. Stupidity burns like fire.

She decided not to give Ema a chance to dwell on that because you will really miss your chance if you do and instead opened the flask. With a cheery "bottom's up!" she took a long gulp, and, concealing the burning in her throat with effort (why did I not bring cranberry juice), she handed the flask over to Ema.

"Your turn."

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

Hayley was feeling it. This was the beautiful thing about being a miniature version of a person; she had the tolerance of a three year old and she could totally feel the warmth pouring through her veins after one damn sip of vodka. Considering the limited supply they were gonna have to deal with this was a very, very convenient quality. She looked out at the water and the saltwater smell of the sea air that had irritated her so much moments before was really easy to ignore because holy shit. That is like...the ocean. That is a fucking universe of water right there. Oh shit, was I not just thinking about swimming? I definitely was. We need to swim. In the goddamn ocean. Fuck yes bro. It was hard to tell why her thoughts were so incoherent- the alcohol might have a bit to do with it, but it was probably more her total and complete happiness and her having a means at hand to forget all the shit that was fucking with her head.

Either way, she considered the fact that she was not currently running up and down the beach singing as the height of self-control.

Ema took her sip and Hayley couldn't help but giggle at her reaction to the taste. Yeah, well, it was vodka, Hayley couldn't judge her too harshly, but still it was cute amusing? Entertaining? Oh, hell, fuck it, it was cute. She seemed to take it in stride, though, even if she was a bit...wobbly. Jeez, how much did she take? Or maybe her tolerance is just worse than mine BUT WAIT THAT'S PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Whatever.

"You know, alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, produces all the effects of drunkenness."

Hayley blinked.

Then she started laughing and for the life of her could not stop.

I'm- ahahahahaha- can't breathe- away laughing on a fast camel OH GOD THAT BOOK AHAHAHAHAHA what is air what is oxygen oh jesus

She took the proffered flask and drowned her laughter in a long gulp of the contained beverage, which did a good enough job of quieting her laughter. It burned on the way down as usual and she took a deep breath of that sea air. It did wondrous things for her throat. God, she didn't want to give the thing back, which was bitchy of her, probably, but fuck it, she wanted to be proper fucked up in short order. She compromised by taking another, smaller sip before passing the flask back over to Ema.

She focused her attention back to the sky. It really was a gorgeous night- she couldn't have asked for much better, and for the first time she was honestly grateful that Fucking Liz Polanski had happened to be near chased her out of her fucking mansion. They'd be able to run around drunkenly inside the mansion, yeah, but they wouldn't have this, the sky and the ocean that she was seriously looking forward to swimming in and the stars and the moon that touched Ema's skin like

Stop right there.

This whole not-thinking-about-sex thing, that thing that she'd been going with since this morning when thinking about sex had, oh yeah, gotten her boyfriend killed- that thing wasn't working. It really wasn't. She could blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol but seriously, honestly, she'd definitely been there before she started and uh for basically the last four days. Alcohol wasn't gonna help, not that that was gonna stop Hayley from drinking, because nothing could keep Hayley Kelly away from vodka, but...but.

Shit. Here she was, sitting with Ema, drinking, after what was probably the most traumatic fucking day of their lives, trying to forget about it all, and she was thinking about sex? That was seriously the story of her priorities in life but still, the guilt was eating at her. Her boyfriend died, what, twelve hours ago, something like that? And Ema probably wanted to forget about all this shit. To get drunk and to sleep.

Which is what I should be thinking about. Which is what I usually AM thinking about, actually, alcohol and sleep. And sex. Alcohol and sleep and seWHICH IS THE PROBLEM HERE HAYLEY. Listen to yourself. Look at your life. Look at your choices. Look at who's dead because you had to be a skank. I know that's your usual MO and everything but honestly, isn't this worth it? Can't you just, like. drink? Sit here? Be happy? Look at Ema without thinking about how her skin feels under her-

Okay, you need a minute?

She stood up, and in a dramatic voice, proclaimed:

"I'm going for a walk."

Her first step, she stumbled. The head rush was massive, but she wanted her feet in the water.
Edited by Hollyquin, Mar 10 2011, 06:37 AM.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This was pretty nice, actually. God, why didn't she like the beach again? Something about sea air and rust? Whatever. The now-wet sand between her toes was giving a considerable boost to her mood. Why'd she walk over here again? Leaving Ema alone seemed dumb, somehow. Why? She was having considerable trouble holding on to her thoughts for long enough to come up with conclusions. Whatever. Look at all this water, bro. You are going swimming. You are definitely going swimming and it is going to be awesome. Where'd Ema g- right, back there. She's got two guns, she'll be alright for like...five minutes while I sort out my existence. ...What's wrong, again?

Hayley's brain with alcohol added wasn't really a thing worth looking into.

Right. That whole self-control thing. Cause you're definitely good at that. Righto. She really wished she'd left her jacket back up the beach with Ema. It was warm; not oppressively so, but perhaps a bit warmer than she would've chosen if she'd been given a choice. It was the alcohol, she knew, since it'd been...brisk is a good word when she'd first gotten here, and it would probably be better for her to keep the jacket on, but catching cold was very, very low on her list of possible problems. I'm dumb. I'm really dumb. This was really dumb. I'm gonna do something really stupid and Ema's gonna leave. Again. Again! What happened last time you drank with Ema? YOU FUCKED A RANDOM HIPSTER. I mean, there's no random hipsters here, but you're gonna end up jumping Ema, that's not gonna end up any better, you have a boyfriend! Sort of. A dead boyfriend. It still counts. He's barely gone cold and here you are drunk on the beach thinking about someone else JESUS CHRIST I am a whore, this is not okay, would he forgive me? Probably, this is Survival of the Fittest, but no, okay, that's just rationalization, stop trying to make yourself feel better, you don't deserve it, you've killed five people for fuck's sake. FIVE! Five. That's a lot of angry dead people. Haunting you. Forever. Possibly literally.

No one told me this was gonna be this hard. I mean, you're supposed to figure that, I guess, but is it bad that the killing's the easier part?

Hayley was a drama magnet. This was the (unfortunate?) fact of being even slightly attractive, more than a little skanky, and drunk as often as she could manage, and she left a trail of broken hearts and rumors wherever she went. So you could say she was used to relationship drama and boy trouble and girl trouble and worrying about hookups and all that super high-school jazz. And she was used to it, all of it, except where love was concerned. Love and death, those were the two things that still freaked her out, and naturally those two things were the dominating forces in her life right now.

More the former. Love's scarier.

So yeah, she was drunk on a beach, and that was normal, but her boyfriend was dead, she'd killed five people, and she just might be in love with her ex-girlfriend, and THAT was the life of Hayley Kelly.

I don't deserve this, honest, I don't. I should be being crushed by my own guilt right now, but I'm just...not.

Hayley jumped as a hand touched her own. Oh, right, Ema, yeah, how long have I been standing here? Navelgazing? Not literally, I'm wearing clothes for once, that's always a shocker-

She turned around.

a-w0rjkpowjmrwjpanmfw9ej2903-1wk,sapsdwrowp[rf[p

This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down.

As their lips separated, Hayley felt herself blinking dumbly, her eyes oh most definitely on Ema now. She was completely lost for words because this didn't make sense. She was SUPPOSED to be the bad girl lusting after her ex-girlfriend and she was supposed to be over here getting herself over it and now Ema was over here kissing HER and WHAT THE FUCK, that was not supposed to happen. How the fuck was she supposed to make herself feel guilty with Ema actually being totally and completely on her side? That was not okay. She was trying (and admittedly failing) to wallow in self-hatred and now Ema Ryan had to come and fuck it all up by being all gorgeous and perfect and apparently horny.

Damn her.

Paradoxically, probably because now she was really over-thinking it, Hayley suddenly felt guiltier. Her baser instincts, the ones she really wanted to listen to, were making delicious suggestions regarding Ema's clothing and how much better it would all look somewhere in the sand, but dammit, she was thinking way too much for that right now. Thinking was bad. Thinking was the enemy! Because thinking was reminding her that her karmic account was dead and dry, and she really shouldn't be allowed a moment of happiness ever again.

Well. There was a cure for thinking. It was a personal favorite of hers.

"I..." she pronounced, pausing dramatically. Alcohol gave her a scenery-chewing quality. "...need another drink." And somehow it took her a few moments before she realized how bad that sounded. Like, I NEED ANOTHER DRINK BECAUSE YOU'RE DISGUSTING AND I NEED BEER GOGGLES. Please don't let her think that. Please please please, if I could explain I would but I don't even know what I'm talking about... She compromised with herself by realizing that her hand and Ema's were still intertwined, and squeezing the other girl's hand tighter.

She dragged Ema back to what passed as a campsite (see- a couple of bags and Ema's sweatshirt) and immediately dropped her jacket, her pack dangling temptingly from its pocket. I want a cigarette. No, shit, wait for that, you start smoking now and you'll be chainsmoking all night and she's not gonna appreciate the ashtray mouth. She looked around for a bit before suddenly realizing that Ema had the flask the whole time, and that she was an idiot, not that that was news to her. She took the flask back from Ema with a sheepish grin and took her biggest gulp yet, passing what remained back to Ema.

Her clothes were getting itchy.

She took this as a good sign.
Edited by Hollyquin, Mar 10 2011, 11:15 PM.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
They were running low. Real low. Her last swallow had taken most of what was left in the flask and she realized she didn't mind because goddammit, she was drunk. Definitely drunk. This was an awesome development that she was very much happy with, because she knew as the vodka coursed on through her I've got innocence for daaays...wait that's not even the lyric she knew that this was gonna get easier and easier. Karmic debts are not high priority for the sufficiently twisted, after all, and as Ema took most of the little that remained Hayley knew her mind would be on other things soon enough.

She wasn't even surprised when Ema took her hand again, really. It felt natural, normal, even- physical contact was Hayley's number-one need when intoxicated. She could be unbearably touchy when drunk, not that she thought the other girl would mind.

"So, um, I..."

That was hesitation Hayley recognized in her voice. Oh no no no what if she regrets it? What if she's gonna be all like I'M SORRY NVM THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN oh fuck well I'd deserve that NO HAYLEY KARMIC DEBTS ARE IRRELEVANT RIGHT NOW fuck she's not gonna is she no she's not she can't but she could really but aaaaaaargh WHY MUST GIRLS BE SO DIFFICULT. The other girl took another drink herself - we've gotta be done by now, yeah? - and left Hayley blinking through silence, waiting in silent desperation for Ema to say anything that wasn't "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." Boys are difficult too. Urgh. Can't win. People suck.

"I missed this, you know, spending time with you like this."

Oh. That would do, yeah, that was definitely not "I didn't mean that". Even the inebriated mind of Hayley had to stifle the urge to comment on how they'd never spent time together quite like this, drunk on a beach on Survival of the Fittest, but she figured that'd be kind of mood-killing. Not that Hayley could be trusted to be eloquent while intoxicated. Her current thought process was a pretty good indicator of exactly how much she should be trusted to open her mouth.

Of course, responding to that statement with silence was not a good idea. She opened her mouth and closed it again before scraping some words together to actually say.

"I missed this too," she managed to say without slurring. "I mean, the circumstances are kinda not what I'd be hoping for, but like...yeah. We've got vodka and...like...a fucking beach. And-"

And each other, she thought, before realizing that that would be the dorkiest thing to ever be said out loud ever.

"...and yeah," she ended lamely. God, her clothes were itchy. Hayley had a penchant for flinging her clothes off when she was drunk, whether she had a reason to do so or not. She had the urge but kept it to a dull roar in her head. The last thing she wanted to do was be freaking Ema out now. Slow and steady wins the no fuck off with the cliches. Just, like, wait for a good excuse, yeah?

...Oh. Shit. She had one.

"Ema," she began, looking at the other girl with a small smile beginning to form on her face. "You wanna go swimming?" Her words were slurring a bit more now but whatever, fucks not given.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, I'd like that."

Fuck yeah. Just as planned. Not that there was actually any planning involved.

Hayley tugged off her shirt with the enthusiasm of a child, the consequences of the last time she'd taken off her shirt buried deep in a currently inaccessible portion of her brain. Her skirt was next and it took her a decent minute to wiggle out of it given her current complete lack of coordination. By the time she was out of the damned thing, in fact, Ema was already halfway to the water, her skin glowing under the moon.

Yeah, cause that's not distracting at all.

Right, so now she was standing here in her underwear, which was definitely new, standing mostly naked on the beach, not anything she'd ever done before at all. The sense of deja vu was enough to overcome even Hayley's drunken fugue, though only to the extent that she reminded herself that now she was in different underwear. No ruffles on her ass today, thank-you-very-much. In fact, the white and blue pinstripe design of the two matching parts, and the cut of the garments themselves, made them look more like pieces of a bathing suit than anything else, which was fitting given how she'd soon be in the water, and less fitting because she'd be taking them off first.

She only thought about it for a second. Sure her parents would be watching this and sure half of America was watching this (and there's no way they're not showing us right now) and sure Ema had left her underwear on but fuck it. Fuck all of that. Fuck it in every direction. I'm gonna be too dead soon enough to notice anyone's judgement, yeah? Of course, there was also that whole alcohol thing messing with her ability to think things through, and also Hayley's general bias to wearing as little clothing as humanly possible. You know, the usual.

Oh well. She snapped her bra open with one hand and let it fall to the ground; her panties were again trickier and required a lot of strategic hopping up and down on one foot. Miraculously she managed to do so without falling over, and after gathering her clothing in a less-than-perfect heap she headed off after Ema, bouncier than usual in more than one sense. She stumbled a few times on the way there but was too grateful she hadn't fallen in a heap to really be too upset, and besides that she couldn't be upset because really, could things have ended up better for her if she'd tried?

A small voice pointed out that leaving both their weapons (not to mention all their food and their clothes) up on the beach, alone, was probably stupid. An even smaller voice pointed out that she'd totally deserve it if someone came out of nowhere and busted a cap in her skull.

Both voices went unnoticed under all the alcoholic joy, and she felt only that upon taking her first steps into the water. The cold raced up her legs, mixing with the warmth pulsing within her in a pleasant way, and she noted that Ema had stopped now with the water up to her knees. Wishing she was capable of being silent (she decidedly was not, even at the best of times) she considered sneaking up on the other girl for a moment before the girl in question turned around.

"Er. Boo?"

Hayley became very aware that she and Ema were exactly identical in pallor and height and very different in other aspects, such as cup size and capacity for shame. Ema was standing with her arms crossed over her practically non-existent bust and here came Hayley bounding over not at all embarrassed and with considerably more to potentially be embarrassed by, with the chill from the water and from the night air having a noticeable effect on her. Even she would've probably blushed or something if she was just a little less drunk, but nope, she was pretty damn drunk and these were yet more fucks not given.

"So? Come on, then. There's more water out there. I mean...uh, duh, it's the ocean. You know what I meant, yeah?" She motioned outward vaguely in a way that could've meant anything, and after a moment she realized she was making no fucking sense and just took Ema's hand, pulling them into slightly deeper water- even drunken Hayley was aware that wading out too deep would result in a rather unpleasant death, and that would put a major damper on her whole evening. It was about waist-deep in the water that she stopped and, letting go of Ema's hand for a moment, gleefully ducked into an oncoming wave.

She came out the other side spluttering with water in her nose.

Right. THAT'S why I hate the beach.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hayley was most definitely enjoying this. She hadn't been the recipient of the adolescent-male oh holy god she has tits stare in what felt like forever, and certainly not from someone she was actually into. Because Kyle had tact. And tact was boring. And Christ, girly, can you pick a better time to think about your dead ex-boyfriend?

Right. Head in the game and all that. Whatever that game was; it sure as fuck wasn't Survival of the Fittest, not right now.

Not that it was easy to keep her head anywhere what with this whole drunk thing she had going on.

Not to mention there was now a vast quantity of seawater running out of her nose as she tried desperately to stop sputtering. And the water rolling over her head was no doubt sending mascara streaming down her face. Okay, yeah, she was about 300% unattractive right now that doesn't even make sense and she was dead grateful she had tits because those were about all she had going for her. Not that Ema seemed to be complaining.

"Maybe this-"

The other girl really wasn't doing any better with the water. Though she still looked gorgeous from where Hayley was standing. Damn her. Again.

"-Wasn't a great idea?"

Well. Does that count as complaining? No, she's kind of...kind of right, if I'm gonna be honest with myself I wanted an excuse to get us naked- she coughed, expelling the last of the seawater. Not that I think Ema'd be surprised if I told her that. Oh, yeah, Ema, I was just being a conniving little skank- please, that's like my default mode of operation. She was kind of lost for what to say, though. Yeah, Ema, I'm a fucking idiot, let's go be naked on the beach- that'll do. Brilliant. What can I even-

And then Ema's lips were back on hers, and she felt considerably better about this whole thing.

For a second, anyway. Then it was strategy time. Fuck murder, really, that was simpler than this.

Her hands wandered. First one hand found the other girl's neck and the other in tangled in her hair, but that felt way too familiar, so then they wound up on her waist, but she cut that out after it made her become aware again of the stupid and now-stinging cuts on her own sides. So eventually her hands wound up on Ema's ass because dammit, I keep it classy.

Speaking of classy, Hayley's thoughts were now dedicated to getting Ema out of this godforsaken pair of underwear she'd insisted on leaving on. Naturally, because nothing could ever be easy and not-retarded in her life, she couldn't think of anything that wouldn't wind up with either one of them falling back in the water (her sinuses had been well and cleared up the saltwater and she did not need any more, thank you very much) or with Ema's panties ripped in half, which she figured Ema'd be kind of annoyed about in the morning. Goddamn me and my ideas.

You know what? Fuck it. It was her idea.

She broke off the kiss, which was really low on the list of things she wanted to do right now. Her hands (equally reluctant to move, really) moved back to Ema's.

"Yeah," she whispered. "Maybe it wasn't. Maybe we should go back to shore. And maybe we shouldn't go to sleep just yet."

Fuck yeah, again. Brilliant one-liner, probably. Or, uh, three-liner. ...Whatever.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Right. Shore. That was a thing. Hayley kept her hands tight on Ema's as she maneuvered them both towards the sand, managing to keep her footing on the soft ground mostly because she had a rather strong motivation to do so. Fuck this up and it's all over, she thought. Welcome to another game of Don't Scare Off The Virgin. Which was a game Hayley was honestly very fond of, but it was a bit less fun when it seemed very unlikely that there'd ever be another chance for this. Scare off the virgin and die un-laid. Talk about high-stakes.

Actually, now that she thought about it, that should work in her favor. Who, boy or girl, wanted to die a virgin? No one. Exactly, no one. See, girly? It's not just you who wants this. That seemed so utterly unlikely, way too wishful-thinking, for her to immediately accept, but the overconfidence of her drunken brain was winning out. Look at her, does she look reluctant to you? No she does not. Exactly. Like I said, no one wants to die a virgin, and you're here being all gorgeous and fabulous and ex-girlfriendy and there you go, now this is happening. She doesn't die a virgin and you get to die happy. Easy.

...poor Kyle, thouSTOP THINKING ABOUT KYLE, DAMMIT.

Their feet were out of the water, now, their bodies dripping water on drier sand, and they had a destination in mind- their crappy little campsite, naturally, there were towels and things there, they could dry off, make a sort of...a sort of bed type thing-

Hayley didn't mean to knock Ema down. She really didn't, but sometimes a lot of the time if we're going to be honest her libido got ahead of her, and she really wasn't sure how much longer she could keep her hands off Ema anyway. So she wasn't exactly regretful when the other girl went down heh...oh, don't get ahead of yourself and there was only a split second's hesitation before she ended up on top of her.

For maybe a split second her overwhelming thought was oh fuck, SAND, and an internal, logical voice was saying how she'd probably regret not moving later. But fuck that, that thought was swept away pretty quickly by the warm body under hers, by the way the heat rushed through her as their lips reconnected. Her hands, they were doing what they felt like, touching every inch of Ema, marveling at how soft she was, she really hadn't been with a girl in so long, she'd nearly forgotten-

Her roaming fingers met the elastic of Ema's panties- my nemesis, we meet again -and this time, with no need for caution, she moved to give herself room to get the stupid things off. Flinging them in the general direction of the rest of their clothing, she climbed back on top, a smile forming on her face. The other girl's expression was less obvious. Nervous, definitely nervous, Hayley thought, not that that was a surprise, not really. It wasn't a bad sort of nervous, though, just a virginal oh shit this is really happening kind of nervous, which was kind of adorable. Hayley couldn't grudge her that, as eager as she was, and she loved Ema way too much to be frustrated at her inaction.

No, no thinking about love, not right now, that always ruins everything-

Ema's eyes went back and forth between two targets, and Hayley realized that Ema's hands had been (almost) everyone but there, which was unusual, she'd think that that would be her first target (and they are rather large targets). The noise that came out of her throat was worrying, too. Oh god is she having second thoughts no no no please let her not be having second thoughts, I will die of shame right here in the sand-

No, she's not having second thoughts, she's nervous, stop being freakishly paranoid.

"Err..."

Hayley blinked. A giggle escaped her throat and all paranoia went out with it. Urgh, virgins, so frustrating but so adorable.

"You're cute," she whispered, poking the other girl on the nose. "But...don't think. Feel."

Yeah, quote Bruce Lee, that's fucking hot.

Her brain shut up as their lips connected again, erasing all conscious thought from her brain. One of her hands continued its prior exploration; the other knew exactly what it was doing as it made its way to more forbidden places. There should be a manual on this. How to get the terminally inexperienced to stop freaking out: get them worked up enough that they forget they're supposed to be freaking out. Bloody brilliant, good show and all that, oh god brain shut up

She expertly located the nub of sensitive flesh she was looking for, and honestly, she was just craving a reaction as her fingers began to move in earnest circles.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That 'strategy' segment of this...er, segment, the difficult part, that was long since over, at least for Hayley. Really, the only things you needed to be good at this were to be comfortable and to be confident in your own abilities, both qualities she possessed in spades, at least where sex was concerned. Hell, the only reason this hadn't worked out earlier with her dead ex?boyfriend was because she'd been lacking in the comfortable part and that was because she wasn't drunk. And guess what she was now? Drunk. Gloriously so. In this most glorious of situations. Gloriousity all around, and if that's not a word it is NOW, bitches!

Except that all this gloriousity wasn't translating well, apparently, since Ema didn't seem to be enjoying this as much as Hayley would've expected. Then again that could've just been faulty expectations again, her tendency to assume that everyone was as loud as she was, because she was damn loud when she was getting what she wanted. Ema was...well, squirming qualified as a reaction, yeah? Just...not an unambiguous reaction. Fuck, was she moving too fast? Hayley pouted. Nah, that couldn't be it, what was moving too fast, that was not even a thing.

Well. Heavy breathing also counted as a reaction, and a less ambiguous one at that, but Hayley wasn't satisfied. She wanted to hear some moaning, dammit! Was that so wrong? Her fingers started moving faster, her other hand coming up to touch Ema's chest in automatic response to Ema's own hands finally moving to where they clearly wanted to be. She made a noise, a small one, more as encouragement than anything else, but stopped as Ema opened her mouth to speak.

"This feels... just..."

Yes?

"God yes."

Theeere we go.

God help her, Hayley felt a smirk form on her face for a second before she had the presence of mind to wipe it away, since it probably wasn't gonna help with Ema's comfort level. She was so cute though, what with the blushing and the cluelessness. Hayley kind of wanted to pinch her cheeks; she settled for pinching her nipple instead, and the look on Ema's face at that made it hard to resist giggling again. That look was replaced quickly, though, by one of...confusion?

"So, uh, what do I... Like, what should I be... uh..."

Oh, jeez. Hayley facepalmed internally, but luckily she had an angelic nature and the patience of a saint. Really, though, Hayley needed to keep this whole virgin thing in the forefront of her mind. She'd entirely forgotten what it was like to be this...hesitant, this unsure. She'd kind of hoped the drunkenness thing would help Ema with that anxiety, but apparently not. Oh well. We'll figure this thing out, yeah? The hand that wasn't still completely occupied between Ema's legs came up to touch her face.

"You're thinking. Stop. Do, like..." She would've motioned vaguely if she had a free hand. "Whatever. You'll know, alright? Just...shhh." She pressed a finger to the other girl's lips. She didn't mean to let it, she swore she didn't, but that smirk climbed back onto her face. The very picture of confidence, Hayley was.

Not that that smirk stayed there long, as she leaned back down to kiss her yet again. Her free hand tangled back in Ema's hair, and her occupied hand worked faster still as she took a moment to ponder her next move. This seemed to be working quite well for the moment, yes, but she'd have to change tactics eventually. Had to keep things interesting for the viewers at home oh jesus do not think about the viewers at home.

She wondered to exactly what degree Ema's so-called virginity stood.

Oh, Christ, this could get messy.
Edited by Hollyquin, Mar 16 2011, 02:54 PM.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It took Hayley a while to decide. It wasn't like she had much to lose, what with this whole we're-going-to-be-dead-in-what-a-week-at-most thing, but still...it was still a game of Don't Scare Off The Virgin. She had memories, vague as they were, of pain and agony, and she really didn't want to subject Ema to that. On the other hand, if the other girl didn't freak out and run off immediately, the pain didn't last long, and things would get really awesome really quickly, and besides, Hayley was getting bored. Variety was the spice of life or whatever, and studio audience aside, she had to keep shit interesting. On the other...other hand, there was a pretty high likelihood that she was gonna get her hand all messy, but fuck it, really, had she not spent the better part of the last week soaked in blood? She could deal.

Just gotta hope Ema can.

Her hand stopped moving, and she felt Ema's body react underneath her- she hoped it was a please-don't-stop sort of reaction, though she couldn't really tell, her eyes were still closed and her mouth was still attached to the other girl's. That hand moved down, just a little, probing, searching, and ah. There we go. Alright, easy does it, don't kill the girl classy word choice, brain-

She pushed in with one finger- just one, she was gonna be a gentle(wo?)man about this- and immediately felt fingernails digging into her back. She gasped into Ema's mouth, her other hand grasping almost desperately at her hair, as she was far too distracted to realize that that'd been a reflex reaction on Ema's part. From where she was standing lying...whatever Ema was enjoying the hell out of this, and so Hayley didn't think she was moving too fast in the slightest when she added a second finger, pushing further, deeper-

Something gave way.

There will be blood, it may be y- Dr. Horrible, Hayley? Really? Now?

Hayley rather reluctantly pulled her mouth away from Ema's, just for a moment, she really wanted to see the look on the girl's face right now, and was rewarded by noises that would've made a porn star proud. Fuck yes, bro. I got this. She got her fingers going in rhythm, ignoring the fact that her hand was already tired and was only going to get worse from now, because dammit, the sounds coming out of Ema's mouth right now were making the pain all worth it. She'd always said- and gotten weird looks for saying- the fun in fucking isn't getting off, it's getting someone else off. It's, like, the purest form of ego boost. You could get off by yourself, get fifteen minutes of alone time and you were fucking set. So Hayley wasn't really bothered by the fact that she was doing all the work here; she could just wait until Ema fell asleep, or not wait, really, wasn't like she had anything to hide at this point-

She felt the other girl shift underneath her, her hair-pulling directing her up, and she obliged, wishing for not the first time she was just a little bit taller, this was seriously taxing her reach. She briefly considered the possibility that Ema was pulling her up to get her to stop, but nah, judging by her reaction, that seemed pretty unlikely. She kept her fingers moving, one-two, one-two, she tapped out a rhythm in her head, wondering what Ema was doing, until she felt Ema's mouth on her chest, giving her an answer that she rather approved of.

"Nngh-"

That incredibly coherent noise was joined by many like it, and the hand still in Ema's hair pressed the girl's head into her. She lost track of that rhythm she'd been keeping, her fingers moving erratically. Someone's getting her confidence up, she thought, somewhere in the back of a really rather occupied brain. She could practically feel the cameras watching her now, and she would've flipped them off- that'd be, like, the pinnacle of gloriousity, flipping off the cameras whilst getting laid- but honestly, her hands were rather busy. She could give two fucks what people back home were thinking anymore; for very possibly the last time in her short life, she was happy, and she wasn't gonna let anyone take that away from her. Least of all the American viewing public.
Edited by Hollyquin, Mar 17 2011, 05:22 AM.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This was the good life. Hayley Kelly was living the goddamn motherfucking good life. Close as you got to the good life on Survival of the Fittest, anyway. Some part of her- that part that was getting smaller and smaller by the second, the part capable of coherent thought- wondered if she'd be any happier if they'd gotten to the mansion and not been so rudely chased out by fucking Liz Polanski. Probably not, she figured, though she might be a little less wet oh jeez you know what I mean brain and a little less sandy. And a little more in that fucking jacuzzi that she was still assuming existed. Yeah, that was the one thing that could make this better, a fucking jacuzzi, but finding a jacuzzi would involving moving and...oh, you know what, fuck the jacuzzi. This was perfect and nothing was gonna convince her otherwise.

Something was moving, and it took her brain a long moment to process that it was in fact Ema's hand and not...urgh, she didn't even know what else it could've been but her brain was molasses and jelly and things right now. Anyway, hand, right, Ema's hand was a thing, and it was movoh, okay, yeah, it was moving exactly where Hayley would want it to be. But now it was hesitating, why was she hesitating, dammit, Hayley got the whole virgin thing and all but really, she'd figured Ema should know what she should be doing right now all things consider-

Aaaaaaahokayshe'sgotit.

Wasn't her hand getting tired before? Yeah, it had been, but whatever, fuck that, she could do this all night as long as Ema didn't let up. She felt her moans build in intensity, and volume (please don't let there be anyone in like a mile radius), and fuck, she was so not caring right now that Ema technically didn't know what she was doing because goddammit, this was perfect. Didn't she just say (mentally, obviously) that this was perfect like two minutes ago- well, fuck that, NOW this was perfect, this was fabulous and glorious gloriousity and all those other words that she could make up for this-

"Is this, uh... good?"

Hayley could've kicked her.

Urgh, speaking in sentences, last thing I want to do right now. Hold up, how's she managing it, what am I doing wrong- She redoubled her own efforts, difficult as that was with the distracting influence of Ema's fingers, but she was gonna get the other girl good and incoherent if it was the last thing she did, dammit. She managed something, an affirmative sort of mhm noise before using that hand that was still in the other girl's hair to press a finger to her lips once again. Hoping the message came through loud and clear, telepathically- NO TALKING ALLOWED- she returned her hand to where it was, in Ema's hair, pushing the other girl's mouth onto hers, quieting them both.

Really, hand cramp or no, she could do this forever.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hayley could live here forever. Here as in this moment, if that made any sense, not that making sense was her priority, not ever and especially not while getting laid like a fucking boss. She kind of wished she wasn't so drunk, because the alcohol basically guaranteed that the details of this would be iffy in the morning. She really wanted this all properly imprinted in her brain. It was all gorgeous motivation was what it was, honest; it was a reminder of what she was trying to save. As completely immature and lame as that was- this is what it was like, being alive, and she was so not willing to let it go for anything. Of course, these were the last days of her life where things could be quite like this. Even if she won, even if she obliterated the odds and got her ass home, Ema wouldn't be there with her. And then she was grateful for the alcohol again, since it let that thought slip her mind.

Back to important things, like, yeah, that getting laid like a fucking boss bit, that bit that was getting louder by the second, not that Hayley was exactly complaining- there'd been a shift, an invisible line that Ema had pretty clearly crossed over, and she was maybe the slightest bit jealous that she wasn't there yet but fuck it, this wasn't a time for jealousy, this is a time for action. She concentrated, keeping her mouth as attached as she possibly could to Ema's, her fingers were already moving as fast as they could, not much she could do but do but wait, anticipating, feeling Ema tighten her grip on her, tensing up, and then-

She never could quite get over how climax felt from the inside.

Her hand slowed to a gradual stop as Ema went limp, completely spent, beneath her. She couldn't help but smile at Ema's sleepy face, giving her a small kiss on the forehead and stroking her hair. Wishing there was something fabric within a five foot radius, she settled for wiping her newly-free hand on her leg, figuring she was gonna need to pop back in the water to rinse off later anyway. It didn't take her long to find herself wondering what came next now that Ema was practically unconscious, it seemed like. Going back to the finish-what-she-started plan seemed like the logical course of action, but the problem with the finish-what-she-started plan was that it sucked. If she was very possibly getting laid for the last time, she wanted to get laid properly, dammit. Not that she was gonna wake Ema up to tell her that, that seemed unreasonably bitchy, and she resigned herself to a sad DIY-variety fate when she noticed with some surprise- she'd gotten rather distracted in the last few moments- that Ema's fingers were still where they'd been, though they were no longer moving. She was contemplating exactly how weird it would be to extricate herself, so to speak, when Ema's hand went back into action and removed all ideas of that from her mind.

Hell, it removed most ideas from her mind, except for the idea to move her mouth down to Ema's neck, sucking at the skin there almost frantically as her libido caught back up with her. Oh, it would all be over soon, not that she wanted to even begin to contemplate that. Lots of bodies on the other side of that road. This was much better.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Never thought I'd be happy to be on Survival of the Fittest. Urgh, that's fucked up, even thinking that's fucked up, but how would this've ever happened back home? Yeah, exactly, it wouldn't have, except in the like point-zero-zero-one percent chance it did happen we probably wouldn't be dying in the near future which...would be nice. That'd be, like, an overdose of win, having this AND not having the sword of Damocles hanging over my head, that would be awesome and that's not even a working analogy and now I'm gonna have Rocky Horror songs stuck in my head for the rest of the night-

Hayley kind of wished she had a way to turn off her brain's running commentary, because it was kind of ruining her mood, or at least it would be ruining her mood if her mood wasn't so unruinable I make up the greatest words, I don't even know how I do it. As it were, she was quite...content was the wrong word, content sounded sleepy and boring, fucking awesome sounded better but would sound weird in that sentence but whatever. She was quite fucking awesome, yes she was, and suddenly she felt sand digging into her back and felt Ema, her favorite person in the universe at the moment, climb on top of her, and if she'd thought everything was perfect before, well, she really needed to stop thinking things couldn't get any better.

Was I this awesome my first time? I must've been, cause I'm me, but holy shit-

And then her brain wasn't really a thing anymore. Her hands had at some point grabbed Ema's waist and her grip tightened now, a perfect mirror of Ema minutes before. Her mouth on Ema's neck stopped what it was doing mainly because it was hard for her mouth to concentrate can mouths concentrate? on anything but the sounds it was making, which were as loud as they'd ever been. Really, she didn't want this to be over, returning to the real world was a terrifying prospect, but her body was betraying her, she was rapidly losing the ability to breathe in a way that made sense, annngh-

She collapsed, insofar as it's possible to collapse when you're already on the ground, and she felt the aftershocks tremble through her as Ema's hand slowed and eventually, far too quickly, stopped, and for a little while Hayley's world stopped with it. Her breath came in gasps, her arms wrapped around the girl above her, and everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. Again.

Nothing good lasts forever, though, not here. Especially not here.

God, she was exhausted. There was a fatigue in her bones that she'd been distracted from so completely that it came as a surprise to her now. She was beyond happy, but her body cried out for rest.

I can sleep when I'm dead...heh, won't have to wait too-shhhhhhhhhh no stop no one's dying everything is gorgeous

And somehow she was back with her head in the game. That wasn't fair, she deserved at least a few minutes of uninterrupted happiness- what, was she sobering up? yeah, that had to be it- but wait, no, she didn't deserve that at all. She didn't deserve any of this, she'd known that from the beginning. This was a big stupid distraction from the inevitable but still, looking up at Ema's face made a small smile form on her lips. Long as she ignored her stupid brain, she could be happy. Hayley could do that, she'd been ignoring her stupid brain for years.

Her voice was hardly even a whisper. "I..."

Say I love you and I will fucking kill you.

"...Wow."

Jesus fucking Christ, use your words, woman!
Edited by Hollyquin, Mar 21 2011, 11:14 AM.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ow.

Ow. Ow. Stabbing. Brain. Ow. Fucking fuck ow-

Hayley could see sunlight shining in through her eyelids, and she wanted absolutely no part in it. She would have told it to go away, had she the energy. As it were she settled for squeezing her eyes shut, but that brought another issue into sharp relief- this whole knife-twisting-through-her-fucking-skull bit which was probably the most normal thing to happen yet on this island. Hadn't she always said, the best cure for a hangover is to sleep all fucking day? Yeah, and that hadn't worked out half the time, given her propensity for getting wasted on school nights, and so she relied on omelets and milk and the occasional hair of the dog and the ever-present cursing wildly. But there were no eggs or cheese or milk here on Survival of the Fittest, and they were out of vodka, not that any of that occurred to her yet.

Hate. Everything. Why do I do this to myself? Never drinking again...urgh...sleeping forever, thank you-

Again, a familiar refrain, one heard every morning after in Hayley's stupid brain since she had her first drink at fourteen. Like she would ever really stop. Nah, she'd get over it in a few minutes, and she'd get up and survey the damage, damage here meaning the person sleeping next to her. Because there was always someone. For the moment, though, stolen snatches of almost-sleep suited her just fine.

There were vague memories, flitting around the edges of her brain, but those were in no way conducive to sleep, so they were ignored.

There was someone next to her. Yeah, not new. Who, though? Her memories were all fuzzy. Had there been a party, she really didn't remember anything about a party, she usually had at least vague memories from the beginning of the night, before she got a few in her. Given that she was insisting on not thinking about things it was kind of hard to...

Oh.

OH. Survival of the Fittest. Right. Well. That's...that's more questions, actually...

It did solve a couple of conundrums that'd been bothering her, like why the sun was so bright and why she was itchy and why she was clearly sleeping on a towel and why she felt that telltale warmth that only came from sleeping outside. There was another kind of telltale warmth too, the kind that comes from close-proximity nudity, not that that was a surprise either. Her curiosity was present and accounted for, but it could go fuck itself because she was going to sleep forever and no one could change her mind.

Something- right, someone moved. Hayley felt their body move away from hers, felt them standing up, and they could go hang themselves for all she cared. She would seriously kill someone for some cheese right now. Or eggs. Scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs were good. Urgh, who the fuck was this, she seriously wanted to know, but opening her eyes would be this whole effort thing that she was incapable of-

She felt lips on her cheek, and that was somehow enough.

Oh. Oh, wow.

EMA. Ema? Ema. Holy shit. Holy SHIT wait what no seriously holy fuck shit fuck-

How. How even? Well, er, alcohol, that happened, yeah, but, it's Ema, Ema doesn't...Ema's not...Whoa. Okay, so I've been fucking my ex-girlfriend on live TV, that...that's my life right now actually. Wow. Uh...oh god do not think about parents. Johnny's probably proud. Or throwing up. I dunno but liOH GOD I HAD SEX ON THE BEACH WITH EMA WHAT IS LIFE

She managed to not freak out visibly, even as she felt hands that she now knew were Ema's brush her skin. Urgh, she was all sandy. Ocean-type bath time would be necessary in the near future, particularly as her hand was still rather sticHOLY FUCK THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED HOW WHAT URGH

Calm. Deep breaths. Cigarette. Cigarette? She'd kill for one right now, they were around here somewhere, but that was again something that would involve moving and moving was still absolutely out of the question as this whole freaking out thing was not improving her headache by one iota. Memories were coming back to her, memories that were paradoxically calming her down, as she remembered Ema, fucking Ema Ryan, her ex-girlfriend, whose heart she'd broken in a fit of stupidity, their lips locked, their bodies intertwined, those beautiful words-

"That was...amazing."

She remembered, and she felt better, a little. Sure it was a distraction, sure it was stupid, and she could've regretted it big time if Maxwell goddamn Lombardi had come loping down the beach and blown their brains out on the sand though that would admittedly be a pretty boss way to die. But look- it was over, they were both alive if a little...a lot hungover, Lombardi didn't materialize, and if she let herself get over the shock for a moment, there was this happiness left over there. She was happy. She was damn happy.

She was also in love. But that didn't matter. Happiness didn't matter, either. This was all so temporary that she really wanted to fall back asleep and let it all stay suspended in time for just a bit longer.

"Hey kids, it's Uncle Danya!"

Asshole. Hayley made a noise, an irritated sort of groan. She was not in the mood for this, she was not in the mood for this, she was, get it? not in the mood. At all. It was so much easier to pretend for a few more sweet moments that death wasn't a thing and that everything was normal and fine and not Survival of the Fittest-like. But unfortunately reality was just around the corner, waiting to smack her in the face, and she figured she might as well make a vague attempt to meet that shit head on. She stretched like a cat, yawning impressively.

"You'll be very happy indeed to hear that in a few short hours, you'll have officially have survived until the halfway mark of the game. That's provided, of course, that you aren't one of the three unlucky souls that have to die for you all to reach that point. Keep it up folks, I can't tell you how proud I am of your spirit."

Cool. She couldn't hold back a smile at this unexpected bit of news. It meant that all the bullshit she'd been through in this goddamn game was adding up to something. She was alive, Ema was alive, and as the rest of the announcement went on to tell her, Team Campbell was still alive, Isabel and Jay and Dutchy and Sarah were all still alive, and she was, like, winning. Sort of. In a way. The only line that stuck out in Danya's announcement was

"Charlene Norris was the next to get in on the action, shooting down Kyle Portman, who was dumb enough to take the bullet for Hayley Kelly... which means that particular love triangle just got a whole lot simpler."

"Danya, you tactless motherfucker," she muttered, her first words of the day, classy as always. In her post-coital bliss she'd almost completely forgotten about Kyle. Kyle Portman, her boyfriend, her boyfriend who died protecting her, her boyfriend who was actually, you know, dead. Deceased. Gone, for real and forever. That had happened yesterday, just yesterday, less than 24 hours ago, and she'd fucking forgotten. She felt horrible for that for a moment, but the pain came back in full force, and a deep sadness set back into her bones.

She'd failed. She had fucked up big time, and she'd failed. And she put Ema into danger by pulling the same exact skanky shit.

Fuck me.

I...shit. Wherever he is, I hope he's not watching. I'm pretty...pretty awful, yeah. Sorry, kid. If I could take it back, I...er...

"I'm going for a walk."

Hayley blinked, and suddenly, headache forgotten, she popped into a sitting position, the blanket slipping off of her. This whole going for a walk thing struck her as a bad idea, this separation thing, and her paranoia was overwhelming her hangover. This was Survival of the Fittest- any given moment could be your last, and like Hayley would ever risk either of them spending that last moment alone. As if.

"Wait for me?" she mumbled, a bit late, given that Ema was already walking down the beach. She scrambled for her clothing- her panties, a t-shirt that she vaguely remembered was now hers. The rest could wait, she figured, but she took a moment to retrieve three more important things. Vera, a lighter and a cigarette.

She lit the damn thing and followed after Ema, trying to keep herself on task. Away from Kyle. Away from anything else.

Stay with the one thing I can make a difference with, yeah? Keep it going, girly.

[[Hayley Kelly continued elsewhere...]]

Edited by Hollyquin, Mar 23 2011, 08:25 AM.

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Beach: East · Next Topic »
Add Reply