Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.; OPEN after Bobby and Rachel, Day 7, 3pm
Topic Started: Mar 7 2011, 07:15 PM (3,349 Views)
Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
((Robert Barron Cont'd from Don't Fear the Reaper))

He was tired, he was hungry and thirsty, and he was doing his best to not let it show. Still, Bobby figured that his friends had to have noticed that he was beginning to struggle with it all. Rachel being there was helping him, but she still left him uneasy. Neill was quieter as well. He supposed that swapping Ray out for Rachel didn't sit well with him, not that any of them could have done anything about it.

He reckoned by now that they had to have been there a week, but he was beginning to lose track of what day it was. It felt like a Tuesday, and he'd never been a fan of Tuesdays. Never knew why, just didn’t like them. It was the closest thing he felt to a superstition.

Bobby had been idling an idea in his head as he walked, his hand playing with the pressurised canister he still kept in his pocket. He'd been given this weapon for a reason. He had to believe that, as much as he couldn't believe that it was for him to kill. He just had to figure out what it was. He knew that there was some way he could use it to help them. As he walked, he ran his finger round the collar at his throat, trying not to interfere with it to much, but enough to ease the chafing.

The travel was quiet, and the weather remained pleasant. He'd thanked God for the sun every night before he'd went to sleep, knowing that if the rain came, everything would go downhill form there. Even better, they'd found a fresh supply of running water. He slaked his thirst directly from the stream before emptying out the stale water from his canteens and replacing it. Now, if there was only a way to make what little stale bread they had left more palatable.

The water find helped to raise Neill's spirits as well. He was laughing and playing. Good signs, Bobby thought. He was coping very well, under the circumstances. And then came the question.

"I'd like to think not much. This place is too nice to be somebody's last resting place. At most, somebody passing through dropped it or tossed it."
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
The ennuie he had been feeling was returning swiftly. The three of them failed to gel in the way that he and Neill had with Rick. The relationships were different. Despite their history, Bobby felt less comfortable around Rachel than around Neill. He guessed this was what it must be like in the military, where your comrades became closer than family. But somehow, Rachel wasn't part of the unit. Not properly. At least not yet.

He guessed that she was feeling the same way. She'd been distant, not talking to him. He wished in so many ways that he could take back what had happened, and that things could be as they had been before. Before he'd told her that he was gay, before she had killed Edward, and Theo, before Charlotte, before everything.

He was dragged from his reverie by Neill stating the his great idea. He smiled at the other boys energy, his hope. True, the helicopter idea was far fetched, but was enough to spur him into action. "Okay, there's gotta be something we can at least look at." He still held onto his belief that the government would find them eventually, but it was a hope that was fading. After all, they'd been there for a week now, or was it longer?

He placed his backpack on the ground, and rummaged around in it until he triumphantly drew out the map he'd been provided with. He spread it on the ground, and using the compass, he tried to align it so that it was aligned properly. He'd picked up some useful skills in orienteering on an adventure holiday when he was 16. "Judging by where we've been, I reckon that we must be somewhere about here." He said, pointing at the left hand side of the map.

"There's no obvious way off, but I doubt that they'd give us one unless it was a trap. The shipwreck up here" he indicated towards the key "is either useless or decorative. We can't sail it, obviously, but there might just be enough materials to make a raft of some kind." He paused, trying to gauge their reactions.

"The main problem is these collars. We need to figure out how to get them off, and then we can really make a break for it. So, that's how I see it, anyway." He smiled at the pair, hoping that he'd made some sense at least.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
"Sorry, sorry. I guess I'm just tired. Haven't been thinking straight. It was a pretty useless plan anyway." This was typical Rachel. Always there, to find fault and try and correct Bobby when he got things wrong. Usually he appreciated it, as she was gentle with him, but now there was that harshness to it. Things between them were never going to be the same.

As he read her note, he smiled and passed it over to Neill. Yes, it made sense, and yes, they were almost certainly being constantly monitored. Still, he figured that the kidnappers wouldn't want to spoil their programme by wasting them with collar detonations if they didn't have to. And there wasn't really any other way for them to interact once they were on the island. Not without putting themselves at unnecessary risk.

He took the paper and pen from Neill and began to write. Flibble dibble ibble. Do we need to waste time with the story? What we need is to figure out how to remove these collars, and then we can work on escaping. Anybody got any ideas?"
Chars:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply