Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I'll Huff and I'll Puff; Evening, Day 6
Topic Started: Feb 25 2011, 02:52 PM (1,756 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Garry Villette continued from Walk On Water Or Drown))

Marco was dead. The Kronwall brothers were also both dead. Nearly all the Huskies were gone. As far as Garry knew, the hockey team had been whittled down to just him, Dustin and Saul. 'And he's still out there, he could be dying, he could even be dead right now!'

Garry slightly shook his head to clear the thoughts from his brain. Saul couldn't die. He just couldn't, it just wasn't... possible. Saul was one of his closest friends, and he didn't know what would happen if he did indeed bite the dust. 'How could you be such a stupid pup? You just had to run off and leave him behind in the tunnels, didn't you? Moron, couldn't look out for your friend, what makes you think you won't do the same these guys?' Fortunately, the three other students accompanying him hadn't wandered off or got left behind, giving Garry a slight glimmer of hope that history wasn't going to repeat itself.

The four of them had been wandering around in no particular direction throughout the past days, and thankfully none of Garry's companions had managed to piss somebody else off or decided to desert the group. They needed to stick together. 'Like a wolf pack...wait, does that make me the alpha wolf then? Huh, that would be cool. Would be a lot cooler if Saul was here,' Garry thought, sighing deeply.

As they trekked southwards in the dimming light of the day, the trees gave way to a clearing with a small hut just visible in the near distance. Garry unfolded his map, flicked his flashlight on for the first time that evening and had a look for what the building ahead of him could be. It definitely wasn't the ranger station; that was a danger zone. He was certain it wasn't the sawmill either, and it definitely did not look like any kind of mansion he'd seen before. 'Groundskeeper's Hut, it's gotta be that,' he surmised.

"So, I think this is the-oh... oh God." The beam from Garry's flashlight had trailed away from the map and landed on something that lay just yards in front of the group. That something was a boy, or what used to be a boy, lying on his back with blood staining the front of his shirt. "Holy shit..." was all Garry could say to that.
Edited by JamesRenard, Feb 25 2011, 06:52 PM.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Garry swept the beam of light over the boy's face and grimaced, having recognized the body. Ben Powell. He didn't know the boy personally, but he'd seen him hanging around with Reiko and her band of friends on occasions. His chest was shot up pretty bad, and shining the torch elsewhere so as to avoid looking at the corpse for any longer, Garry noticed a gun on the floor. 'Huh? Whose was that? Was that Ben's?' he wondered.

All thoughts of discarded firearms, the late Ben Powell and the pint-sized skater-turned-killer were wiped from his mind courtesy of Rena, who was apparently starting to lose it, big time. She began talking to, well, no one really, and her speech was interjected with hysterical laughter. Garry looked to the others, Dustin giving him a look back signaling that he should sort it out. 'Thanks, Dustin.'

"Okay, Rena, listen to me," Garry said, kneeling in front of Rena and placing his hands on her shoulders. "Look, I know it's tough ('wow, understatement of the century, Garry'), but you can't just give up like that." He looked to Sunil and Dustin for some encouragement, but wondered if having them join in was that smart of a move. Sunil's psycho jive at Rena had not gone down well among the group, and he could tell from the way Dustin looked that he didn't give a flying fox what happened with the girl. 'Great friends to bring with you, huh,' Garry sarcastically remarked.

"You can't lose it each time you come across a body," Garry continued. He didn't know what the hell he was even going on about now, this was the first time he'd had to put on a motivational speech to someone else before. He hoped it had the right effect on Rena. "You've got to, well, uh, ride it out, I guess?" What else could he say? 'Oh, you'd better get used to the bodies because the number of them is only going to increase'?

'...Yeeeeah, best not say that, that would be a real paw-in-mouth moment.'

"C'mon, let's just go to the hut and-oh what the fuck?" By turning away from Rena and sweeping the flashlight towards the small building ahead, he'd managed to uncover two more bodies hiding in the dusk. One was in the center of the lawn, and the other lying right at the entrance of the hut. 'Oh shit... maybe this wasn't the best place to head to...'
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Garry felt terrible as he watched Rena walk away, disappearing into the darkness, her footsteps fading into the night. Her words echoed in his mind.

"Please don't follow me."

Garry couldn't for the life of him understand why she didn't want any company with her. But by the time he thought of accompanying her, she was long gone. Garry sighed and placed his hands on his head, careful to avoid the bandage and injury Jake had so kindly left him with.

Garry sat down on the ground, which was already damp from evening dew, and waited with the others. Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes into hours. It soon became pitch black, stars dotting the sky above their heads. There was a crashing sound in the nearby trees sometime after Rena first left, Garry perking up, believing it to be Rena returning from her quest. It turned out however to be a raccoon scavenging through the undergrowth, which Garry promptly shooed away when it tried to approach them. After what seemed like several hours, Garry finally spoke up.

"I'm getting really worried now," he spoke to Sunil and Dustin. "She's been gone for far too long... we... I shouldn't have let her go off by herself. It was a stupid thing to do." He flicked on his flashlight and stood up, grabbing his bag. He looked down again, remembering the gun lying on the floor by Ben's body. 'Hoped I wouldn't have to pillage another corpse...' Garry thought, picking up the firearm and carrying it in his left hand, his first weapon since Clio had robbed him all those days ago.

"Come on, let's find her," Garry said, starting to walk in the direction Rena had gone.

((Garry Villette continued in No Such Thing as a Perfect Plan))
Edited by JamesRenard, Mar 28 2011, 01:18 PM.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Groundskeeper's Hut · Next Topic »
Add Reply