Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Kindness of Strangers; Open
Topic Started: Feb 24 2011, 11:09 PM (3,820 Views)
Rocky
Member Avatar
They see me walking, they hating
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Reiko Ishida continued from Suum Venite Faciamus Latere))

Reiko Ishida trudged through what was probably once a dense forest, looking at the stumps that littered the area. She wondered what the place had looked like before they cut down the trees for wood or paper or whatever they used them for. It was probably once teeming with life, from various birds and insects and squirrels, not to mention the larger animals like deer. Thinking about this reminded her of home, where she used to take her bike out to the forests outside of town, and spend the day just riding through, looking at all the wildlife.

If only she could go back to that. Not that she would make it very far. If through some miracle she managed to survive this hellish situation, she would no doubt be arrested and put on trial on the spot. She would probably get away with it, but it wouldn't do much for her aspirations in life. No one would ever sponsor her, which means she'd never achieve her dreams of competing at the Olympics. Her sister was dead, and so were all her friends. Her parents.... well, she wouldn't want to burden them.

Reiko was snapped out of her thoughts by the sound of voices. She didn't recognize either of them, but pretty much anyone she was going to run into now wouldn't exactly be friendly. With her luck, whoever they were, they would have known at least one of her... victims. As much as the word sent a shiver up her spine, there was really nothing else you could call it. All she could do now was keep walking, and maybe she wouldn't get noticed.

Not likely.
G068 Chan, Yuan Stephanie
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Reiko stopped in her tracks, letting out a sigh as someone called out to her. She wasn't overly surprised that she was spotted, but it would have been nice if she hadn't been. There wasn't a soul on this island who didn't know her name by now, and most of them probably knew her face too. The size probably didn't help much either.

So what should she do? Go up to them? Keep walking? They didn't seem like they'd be harmful, so maybe it wouldn't hurt to approach them. Or at least acknowledge their existence. If she was lucky she wouldn't get lynched on sight.

"Hello!" Reiko called up, not moving from her spot. She didn't want to jump the gun on approaching them just in case they ended up being hostile.

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, they seemed friendly enough. For now. Reiko was still apprehensive though. On the one hand, she wanted to see if she could find someone who would trust her. On the other, she should probably run now, and save her the inevitable trouble. That would be the smart thing to do. Actually the smart thing to do would have been to ignore the calls and keep walking, but she didn't.

Reiko sighed. She was already in this deep, might as well keep it going. Making sure she was as non-threatening as she could be, she began her ascent up the slope. She didn't know what was in store for her, but judging from her time on the island so far, she wasn't expecting very much.

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
(dodging inactivity a go go)

Reiko stopped a few feet away from the other two. She didn't quite recognize either one, at least not enough to give them a name. The faces looked familiar though. Either way, they didn't seem to be hostile, so that was good enough for her.

"No, it's fine." Reiko said in response to the boy's apology. He then asked if she was looking for someone. Was she looking for someone? Did she even have anyone left to look for? Her friends were all dead... so that just left Sarah.

"Yes, I'm looking for someone... have you by chance seen Sarah Xu at all?" she asked of the pair. It probably wouldn't yield any results, but it was worth the shot.

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Reiko was somewhat disappointed by the answer, but she couldn't say she was surprised. She sighed, slumping her shoulders slightly. She was too tired for this. She hadn't slept in God knows how long, and right now she couldn't exactly afford to do so either. That was all she would have to do before someone would kill her in revenge for one of their friends.

Someone like the girl who was sitting at the base of the tree. Reiko instinctively clenched her fists at the mention of Cyrille. It seemed so long ago, when they had their little run in. It was amazing what could happen in a week. The girl made sure that her pistol was within reach, just in case something happened. Something like having to tell them her name.

"Ummm..." Reiko began in a rather uncharacteristic manner. For a moment she thought that maybe she should try to bluff, pretend to be someone else. She immediately dismissed that thought. There weren't many asian girls in Bayview, and chances were they would know the person she pretended to be.

Placing her hand directly on the concealed handle of her pistol, Reiko decided that honesty was the only way she could be getting out of this. "My name is Reiko. I'm sure you've heard about me."

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The visible change of the other two people was not what Reiko was hoping for, to say the least. She removed the gun from her pocket, but kept it out of sight. She hoped she wouldn't have to use it, but she would prefer to be prepared in case things went bad. Just like they always seemed to.

The girl in particular was furious. She asked a simple, one word question. Why. Such a simple word, with such a complex answer. Reiko wasn't even sure if she had an answer to why. She didn't even know what the girl was asking specifically.

"You're going to have to be more specific." The girl finally said. She needed to know what exactly she was being accused of before she defended herself. Or didn't. Whichever way things went down, she was ready.

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No answer. Not a good start. Reiko stared back at the girl who was glaring at her, not moving a muscle. She wasn't sure what to expect, but she was getting kind of tired of just standing around.

"Look, if you have something to say, then say it. Or do it. Whatever. You obviously have something important you want to get off your chest, or else you wouldn't be giving me that death glare. So if you have something terribly important to say, now is a good a time as any."

Reiko took a deep breath, slightly winded from her rambling speech. She noticed that the boy was going for his bag. Tensing the grip on her gun, she made sure to keep herself ready just in case he tried something sneaky.

Rocky
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Reiko shook her head as the boy ran. Whatever, made things easier for her. Looking at the girl try to stand up, she knew that she wasn't going to be a problem for her. Putting the pistol back into her pocket, she looked at the girl one last time.

"If you ever feel like actually telling me what your problem is, come find me." was all the girl said before walking off, leaving the girl behind.

((Reiko Ishida continued in Some People Care))
Edited by Rocky, Jul 23 2011, 12:05 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Add Reply