Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Kindness of Strangers; Open
Topic Started: Feb 24 2011, 11:09 PM (3,819 Views)
TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
((Samantha Ridley continued from Leaving Me Lonely Still))

Sam hadn't seen a single person all day. She was hoping she could find Ishida before she arrived at the sawmill, but that wasn't going to happen.

Sam walked east toward the place she had agreed to return. She had chosen to stay off of the beaten path, and was walking along a hilly area.

Then her foot met a patch of loose soil, and she began to tumble down the hillside, the varied curses that were interspersed with cries of pain seemed to be chosen randomly rather than with any significance.

When she finally came to a stop she found that she wasn't the only thing that tumbled down the hillside; An uprooted stump had slid down with her, and now rested on top of her leg.

Finding that she couldn't move the stump she began to yell for help.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Hours passed...

Sam actions cycled between struggling, calling for help, and resting to restore her strength.

Sometime near dawn someone found her, finally.

"Are you OK?"

What the fuck do you think? She kept herself from saying it. She couldn't risk him deciding that it was risky to save someone's life during a blood sport.

"Um... let's try to get this thing off"

Oh no hurry, I was gonna wait until the announcements so that this could place could become a danger zone and my head could pop like a balloon. Again she held her tongue.

"Okay. Um, what to do, what to do? Maybe we push it on the count of three."

"Okay..." Sam said, moving her foot into a position that might hurt less when the stump was removed.

"Yeah, let's go with that. Um, ready? One, two, three."

Together they pushed at the object that pinned her leg to the ground, after some effort it rolled off.

"Um, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I guess... I'm a little bruised up, but nothing seems serious." She used the stump to help herself up. "... My ankle feels a little sore, though. I doubt it's sprained or twisted or anything, but I should probably find some place where I can rest just in case."

"I might need help with that, by the way. I'm sorry to bother you any more but.... What's your name anyway?"

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
The boy looked around for a nearby spot to rest, when he spotted one he held his hand out towards Sam.

"Um, you asked for my name? It's Adrian. Yours?"

Sam grabbed Adrian's hand, "I'm Sam. Where are we headed to?"

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
A tree at the top of a hill? Not the most ideal location, but those places weren't nearby.

It wasn't easy getting to the top of a hill in her condition, even with help, but they managed it. The tree was larger than someone would expect to survive in an area where most of the trees had been cut down for lumber. The reason became apparent when she was was being gently helped to the ground; the tree survived because of location and luck. A highly faded orange mark indicated that the tree was scheduled to be cut down when the island was still populated, but the treacherous footing must have delayed it until everyone disappeared.

Sam sat up a little to get a better view of the area. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed movement.

"Hey is that a person down there?" She asked Adrian pointing in the general direction of what she saw.

Before long she grew impatient and called out to the person below, "Hey You! Down There!" Hopefully that would get their attention.

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
The girl looked up at them and responded with a "Hello!" For a moment, Sam reflected on why she went on the trip in the first place. She had been so down that her family, and her best friend Ash, had practically forced her to go. Sam had always been a fairly outgoing person, but she'd been having trouble. Ash said she should go on this trip, unwind, and make some new friends.

Would it really be such a bad idea to keep going for that goal as well when anyone she could try to befriend might try to kill her?

Yes, yes it would. But that wasn't about to stop her, they'd all be dead soon enough anyway.

"Hey," She called down at to the other girl, "Come on up!"

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
The girl climbed up the hill towards Sam and Adrian. Adrian and the girl exchanged what passed for pleasantries given their circumstances. It seemed the girl had people she knew that she could still look for, Sarah Xu, huh?

"I know who she is, but I haven't seen her around, sorry. But on the bright side, her name hasn't been announced, so she's probably still alive, right?"

"And hey," Sam continued unenthusiastically, "at least you're doing better than I am. I didn't know any of my friends had even gone on this trip until I heard Cyrille's name on the announcement."

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Sam stared at the girl in front of her with confusion and anger. It was her, Reiko Ishida, the person she had been hunting for during the past few days. It took this confrontation to make Sam understand how little she had planned for the encounter, what little she did plan for she began to rethink in the last few days. God, she was mess!

Sam's inner turmoil was fairly easy to read from her face. "Y-You're..." She wasn't really asking for a confirmation, her mind was just buying time to process all the emotions and information that were surging through her brain.

"why...?" She asked softly, her face now deciding to show anger, despite the continued emotional confusion. Her body tensed, her hands clenched into fists, and she gritted her teeth. As she tried to make eye contact with the girl her gaze became more fierce. She repeated her overly vague question, audibly this time, through her teeth; "Why?"

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Be more specific? It wasn't quite that easy. Sam didn't really know what she was asking anymore than Ishida did. In fact she wasn't even sure who she was asking the question to.

She continued to stare wordlessly at Reiko.

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Sam still didn't know what to say. She knew she wanted to say something but was still to confused to say it.

Taking her concentration off of Ishida for a moment, Sam tried to stand. It had been awhile since she had stood on her own and as a result she had trouble maintaining her balance at first. Her ankles were still a little sore, but much better already, it definitely wasn't a sprain.

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ishida took off, telling Sam to find her if Sam ever worked up the nerve to actually speak her mind.

Sam looked over toward Adrian, since she hadn't actually noticed him leaving his absence alarmed her. "Adrian?!" Sam yelled, working over to where the boy had been moments before. At first she didn't notice the boy lying in a crumpled heap at the foot of the hill, but after a few seconds the scene registered in her mind. In her panic she hurried down the slope, but when she almost slipped she recalled her own recent accident and realized what had likely happened to Adrian. She slowed her pace, she certainly wouldn't be of any help to Adrian if she fell again.

"Adrian! Are you okay? How bad is it?" She knew he wasn't okay, since there didn't appear to be anything holding him down. She hoped his answer to the second question wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Sam grimaced. Adrian's condition sounded bad, like, real bad.

"I... I don't know what I can do..." She said softly. "I don't know anything about medicine, and even if I did... I'm not sure your injury is.... I don't think..." She couldn't bring herself to finish her thought. She wiped away the tears forming in her eyes "...I'll try best to help though. Wha-What do you need me to do?"

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
"I'm sorry... Just stop the pain." Adrian pleaded. "Kill Me."

"What?" Sam asked in shock. With what? she added in her own head. It was all too much to handle! She let Ishida slip through her fingers and now she would have to kill someone who, quite frankly, deserved to get off of this island way more than she did.

She didn't hear what he said next, but as Adrian looked at the cards scattered on the ground Sam spotted the metallic object laying next to him. She moved to get a better look at it, and after a moment's hesitation, picked it up. A gun. He had a gun.

She found the safety, flicked it off, and pointed the gun at Adrian. Why? Why was she readily able to euthanize people she liked, but couldn't so much as ask a question to the girl she thought she wanted to kill for almost a week now. She closed her eyes and pulled the trigger. Sam could've sworn she heard Adrian thank her.

Sam lowered herself to the ground and sat in silent contemplation for several minutes.

She returned to her feet and moved over to Adrian's bag, she searched through the bag for any food, water, or ammo he might have left. When she finished doing that, she headed back to the place where she herself had fallen, and retrieved her bag. Her bow was cracked, and while she could, potentially, find a use for it other than shooting arrows it was to big to carry around without a planned use. The arrows might still be useful, though. She added everything she got from Adrian's bag to her own and moved on.

((Samantha Ridley continued The Calvary Arrives))

((Thread concluded))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Add Reply